[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the better wrestler in their prime? Pure technical skill.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: eddie benoit.jpg (151KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
eddie benoit.jpg
151KB, 500x650px
Who was the better wrestler in their prime?

Pure technical skill.
>>
>>851657
technical wrestling? benoit, technical in the ring? eddie. Better overall wrestler and draw, eddie.
>>
The fucking match between guerrero and malenko was GOAT. I miss classic ecw man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0cH7pmwLw
>>
>>851657
Benoit was a better pro wrestler. Eddie was a better sports entertainmenter.
>>
>>851664
I hate that we have to use the past tense when referring to them.
>>
File: sullivan.jpg (114KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
sullivan.jpg
114KB, 500x631px
did this faggot really kill benoit?
>>
File: moppy-wwe1.jpg (134KB, 482x660px) Image search: [Google]
moppy-wwe1.jpg
134KB, 482x660px
Perry > *

and you dont wanna know where that mop has been
>>
File: 1451371698092.jpg (207KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1451371698092.jpg
207KB, 500x650px
>>
>>851659
Per Meltzer

Benoit was the biggest draw in wrestling during his WHC reign
>>
>>851805

Benoit wasn't the draw.
>>
>>851817
Who was then?

> ib he says HHH
>>
>>851821
Sr. Wrestlemania
>>
>>851829
> HBK
> a draw

XD XD XD XD XD
>>
File: bret-the-hitman-hart-o.gif (3MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
bret-the-hitman-hart-o.gif
3MB, 320x214px
>>851657
>best technical wrestler
>>
>>851832

Hi bretkuck. How's it feel to know Bret and Diesel were the worst drawing champs of the 90's?
>>
>>852063
Yokozuna rounds off the top 3.
>>
File: deanmalenko2.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
deanmalenko2.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
>>852059
thats not dean malenko.
>>
>>852063
That wasnt me you were replying to, and it feels fine because it isnt true

> top 5 worst drawing champs of all time

1. Seth Rollins
2. HBGay
3. Diesel
4. Yokozuna
5. Sid
>>
>>852130

>90's

Also, WWF got better right after Bret left. And it's pretty much objective fact Bret was a worse drawn than Shawn, no matter how much whining you wanna do.
>>
>>852130
>1. Seth Rollins
>2. HBGay
troll list confirmed
>>
>>852197
18+
Shawn was the worst draw of all time before Seth came along, even worse than Diesel. I have posted the buyrates numerous times and anyone that was sentient in the 90s will tell you themselves the amount of heterosexual adult males(aka the vast majority of the fanbase) shawn turned away with his male prostitute gimmick

1997 was a great year, it got better because the kliq's stranglehold was weakening and it got better because Bret was a professional and put Austin over, friendly reminder that HBGay did everything in his power to hold Austin and anyone else down and it literally took Undertaker threatening shawn with a beatdown for him to put Austin over. If Shawn didnt break his back then the AE wouldnt have happened, and thats a fact kiddo

Tldr
Eighteen plus
>>
>>852226
The Attitude Era was already starting to happen you stupid Bretcuck
HBK was the one suggesting all those raunchy Attitude ideas to Vince
>>
>>852247
Toplel
The Attitude Era already started because Bret started it himself with the This Is Bullshit segment you windowlicking cunt, Shawn's injury paved the way for it being allowed to steam on unchecked. You would know that if you wasnt an underaged kliq dvd babby

And the only raunchy ideas Shawn was suggesting to Vince was what they could do in their private after work hours

>>852218
18+
Go do the research yourself kiddo, ive posted the numbers and buyrates numerous times
>>
>>852063
Bret and Diesel were both draws though, even in a climate were wrestling was down.
>>
>>852218
Not him but why wouldn't Rollins be the worst drawing champion of all time? Not counting wrestlers with extremely short reigns, we have solid proof that Rollins was in fact a very poor drawing champion. Raw is getting it's worst ratings in history with him at the top. Rollins wasn't even a top 5 merch seller as champion.

It's pretty safe to say that Rollins is bare minimum in the top 5 worst drawing champions ever. And I actually like Rollins. He is pretty good. It's just that most of the audience feels otherwise.
>>
I never understood the appeal of either of them, same with edge and rvd and kurt angle
>>
>>851805
Link this
>>
>>853094
You probably aren't a fan of good wrestlers
>>
>>852397
Diesel was the lowest-drawing WWF World Champ ever
>>
>>853133
He drew more than Shawn Michaels
>>
>>853140
Not according to anybody who matters he doesn't

nWoWolfcuckTV pls grow up
>>
>>853154
Do you really want me to get the stats up again senpai?
I like Shawn 100 times more than Nash but the fact of the matter is due to the climate and his gimmick Shawn was the worst draw of all time before Seth came along
>>
>>853165
The fact is, people who know far more than you do have stated otherwise.

Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>853184
Like who

I got stats that prove otherwise, no one cares what your precious le meltz thinks
>>
>>853190

Jerry Brisco

More people care about Mad Money Meltz than you, Wolfcuck
>>
>>852130
Bret was the worst drawing champ and sent them into the huge slump they were in in the early 90s.
>>
>>853206
source
>>
>>853206
>worst drawing champ
>anyone but hbks bodyguard
>>
>>853190
>i got random cherry picked stats with no credible source
You sound like a /pol/tard
>>
>>854679
Makes sense, seeing as /pol/ is right more often than not
>>
>Thread about Eddie and Benoit
>Becomes an argument about Bret and Shawn's drawing ability.
You know Shawn likely doesn't give a fuck who sold more tickets at this point and if Bret does it's cause (hate to say this as A Bret Fan) he's a bitter aging dude, in a family of people who give their lives to Pro Wrestling, who's been pissed off by years of Backstage Shenanigans.
Let's get with the times and Argue about Hogan and Savage.
>>
>>854677
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DDtbNqpvUiw
>>
I only see Eddie Gurerro
>>
>>854695
I wouldnt call him bitter, he is just an old straightshooter that gives zero fucks
>>
Lol I can't believe this is even an argument. Bret damn near killed the company when he was champ.

He's eternally bitter cause Hogan refused to put him over cause Hogan said the truth and that he wasn't able to draw a dime.
>>
>>854721
Hogan didn't give a fuck about that. He just didn't wanna lose to somebody who wasn't as big as him.
>>
>>851792
Reminds me of the leftovers season 2

:(
>>
>>851723
that's kevin smith
>>
>>851792
Didn't know Cena had this moment with Guerrero.
>>
>>853165
>>853165
Stats need critical interpretation, though.

At least in the case of Seth, he's the worst drawing champion through now huge fault of his own. Ratings are down in his championship reign because of the god awful handling of the entire company.
>>
>>854742
Hogan just didn't want to lose because he's a literal manchild
>>
>>851805
lmao, you lying faggot it is known fact those two manlets didn't draw jack shit whilst they were champions, ratings were at the lowest point
>>
>>857392
We're not talking about Diesel nWoWolfkuck
>>
>>851657
What are you building into skill? I love all three of the amigos, but I think that Eddie's selling puts him ahead of Benoit when it comes to ring work.

And as we haven't talked nearly enough about Malenko in this thread, I recall hearing some talk that he could have been MUCH more entertaining than the "Ice Man" gimmick allowed him to be. Anyone else heard the same stories?
>>
>>857496
According to Jericho's books Malenko had a pretty sharp wit backstage
>>
>>854721
18+
The steroid scandal and the resulting final death of kayfabe damn near killed the company
Bret's clean cut underdog champ persona is the reason we arent posting in the /wcw/ general right now, you would know that if you were 18+
>>
Anyone else secretly wish one day we find the REAL killers...

And have Vince cry on camera to save face for not giving Benoit the benefit of the doubt?

I can dream right?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.