[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /asp/ From your experience, what is better as a finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 243524ywgr.png (11KB, 905x476px) Image search: [Google]
243524ywgr.png
11KB, 905x476px
Hello /asp/
From your experience, what is better as a finishing blow when you have your enemy on the ground?
Straight punches to the head or just Hammer fists?
>>
People's Elbow
>>
>>846829
Diving pointed elbow from the second rope then twist them up into the sharpshooter
>>
An atomic legdrop, but only after powering up.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>846864
>>846866
>>846867
>>
This board has really gone to shit.

Good question though. I hope someone answers it. I would assume straight punches if you can throw all your weight behind them, but I can't speak from experience.
>>
>>846829
ARMBAR
>>
>>847061
With straight punches, you can rotate your upper torso, and use your pectorals.
The particular stance doesn't give too much room for lower torso rotation, or so it seems.

With non-angled downward hammer fists, you can use your latissimus dorsi, triceps, and you can arc your upper torso as if doing a situp (this adds the most mass to the equation).

With more angled downwards hammer fists, you can use your latissimus dorsi, triceps, downwards torso movement, as well as torso rotation.
With the current lack of numeric information, it seems like this method would produce the most force.
>>
>>847061
Before wwe came, this thread proably would have gotten legitimate answers within the first 5 posts.
>>
>>846829
hammerfists, cause they require less positioning (most people dive onto their 'enemy') but more importantly cause you wont break your hand if you miss
>>
File: nose punch tko.png (380KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
nose punch tko.png
380KB, 640x420px
>>847067
More force isn't always better, though.
The last method is seemingly the most telegraphic, which would make it easier for the downed opponent to use head movement to avoid.

With full kinetic linking straight punches from the position posted in the OP image, the punches would still seemingly be relatively quicker than the angled hammer fist method.

With straight punches that use little to no torso rotation, the attacker could connect multiple attacks, adding more accumulative damage rather than fewer attacks that have more damage. With straight punches like this, multiple attacks could be aimed at the nose, and pain from multiple punches to the nose adds up, which would aid in disorienting the grounded opponent more, and filling the opponent with sense of pain.
Like McNose Punch TKO in pic related.
This could be used to set up the more powerful straight punches.

Straight punches could even be used to set up hammer fists.
>>
>>847070
>break your hand if you miss
>Western Boxing problems
>>
>>847078
Cause your seasoned muay thai fighter wouldnt wreck his hand if he let loose a full powered straight right directly into a concrete slab?

You dont need to rotate your torso and throw your shoulder into a punch when your opponent is grounded
>>
Having both knees on the ground makes it a lot easier for your enemy's friends to kick you in the spine, and kick you in the head.

From the position on the left, it's still easy to get kicked, but it's also easier to evade attacks, and stand up.

It's best to just be standing, and then soccer kick, stomp, axe kick, or Bruce Lee Twin Leg stomp on your opponent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArL6yO9UdXo

Tribute to Standing Kicks Against Grounded Opponents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebGspy3Yv0g
>>
>>847080
The seasoned Muay Thai fighter wouldn't wreck his hand if he's done Karate hand conditioning.
Who's to say the Muay Thai fighter wouldn't use elbows, anyway?
>>
>>847080
>into a concrete slab?
What are you, some kind of thug?
>not going to the grass first
>>
>>847085
What are you, some kind of degenerate?
>not fighting in a ring
>>
>>847084
>seasoned muay thai fighter
>done karate
>missing the point

the question wasnt "is my super chi enhanced karate chop more effective than a hammer fist", it was hammer fist or straight punches. If you want to completely disregard the question and discuss elbows etc, then why wouldnt an MT fighter throw a low kick to the head and be done with it?
>>
>>847092

>>847080
>Cause your seasoned muay thai fighter wouldnt wreck his hand if he let loose a full powered straight right directly into a concrete slab?
>Muay Thai fighter would wreck his hand if he straight punched a concrete slab

>>847084
>The seasoned Muay Thai fighter wouldn't wreck his hand if he's done Karate hand conditioning.

Faggot.
>>
>>846829
Arm bar
>>
>>847123
what does this post mean?
>>
>>846829
straight punches always as you can put your body weight into them.

but hammerfists are safer in the sense that your opponent cant time your blow and try to dodge his head to your side and potentialy sweep you.
looking at MMA, slicing elbows are also used a lot in this situation, and jon jones used downward elbows in his one match that got him the DQ
>>
>>846829

I'd say hammerfists..

Since you are punching with your hips on the ground there's no real kinetic linking, basically you punch only by outstretching your arms.

With hammer fists your fists "travel more distance" which means you can accelerate them more. You can also drop all your weight onto it or make fast strikes repeatedly (like a backfist strike).

Last but not least, if someone is below you striking downwards with hammerfists just feels more natural, you don't need that much time to adjust your body. The only advantage with straight punches I see would be if you need a little bit more reach.
>>
>>847223
>there's no real kinetic linking

See:
>>847067
>>847076
>>
>>847292

I read those posts, but it's not my opinion..

See the video here, how much power those hammerfists have and how fast they are done:

>>847416
>>
>>847061
The best punch is dependent on the position you're in, and the angle which is affected by the size and shape of the person grappling.

Effective Ground and Pound isn't based on trying to force a particular kind of blow, but adapting your blows to the quickly shifting, weight, balance, range etc. involved.
>>
>>847570
this was around what i was thinking
depends on the person, depends on the size, your position and the angle you have.
>>
hook one arm with one of yours, smother their face with same shoulder, hook punches to neck, jaw, temple, and ear.
>>
>>847701
with the free arm
>>
>>847563
>how much power those hammerfists have and how fast they are done:
McGregor dropped onto his knee with the first one.
>>
hammer fist
>>
>>847092
Really, if we disregard the initial question, I say you just need to press down on the adam's apple.

By the way, pushing onto their face with your palm is nice. Breaks the nose, causes tears to make it hard for them to see.
>>
>>846829
Hammerfists. Even professional MMA fighters use it when they have their opponent on the ground. Its a quick finisher and the blows will hurt whoever is on the receiving end.
>>
>>846829
if you have gloves on or you suspect them to have some STD hammerfist all the way but no gloves knuckles win against a face everytime
>>
>>846829
Just start kicking them.
>>
>>854851
This.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhPzRl8pbaA
>>
>>854851
>answering C when asked which is better between A and B
>>
>>846829
A kick.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.