[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

picking up people in real life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: john cena.jpg (52KB, 570x370px) Image search: [Google]
john cena.jpg
52KB, 570x370px
How strong do you have to be to pick up people just ike john cena?

If you could squat 120kg for reps you could aswell pick up a 120kg person, right?

video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d0Z3gNwy2k
>>
>>845065
yes , since lifting a person is way easier than lifting a barbell. Also the taller the person you are lifting is the easier it is .
>>
Lifting someone isn't the same as squatting
>>
>>845073
but it is easier to pick somebody on your shoulders than squatting
>>
>>845082

If they're helping.

If they sandbag you, its basically a Steinborn lift. And those fucking suck.
>>
It's really not hard at all.

I'm not overly strong and I can easily kata guruma people who weigh a fair bit more than me.
>>
It's actually not that hard if they let you
Obviously try someone lighter/same weight as you, and be relatively fit, but you don't have to be particularly strong
>>
>>845065
https://youtu.be/2YS-WF6nlA0

Not that strong if you have good technique
>>

▲▲
>>
>tfw tried to pick up an over 300 ou dee that stood only 5'6" yesterday
>tfw couldn't do it

The fat piece of shit was not helping me at all though.
>>
>>845065
It depends. Lifting people up is driven mainly by technique and in practice is usually a fairly small range of motion. So you should always be able to lift people heavier than what you squat.

So usually picking people up is much easier than lifting the same weight on a bar that said it's much easier to fuck up technique when the weight is doing it's best to encourage you to fuck up your technique and you often have to lift from an unhealthy or imperfect stance etc so it's better to be much stronger than you have to be.
>>
>>845065
Picking people up is easy, it's all leverage. I'm an ottermode 130lbs at my heaviest and I pick up and even throw around people upwards of 200lbs doing BJJ. It's not difficult if you know what you are doing. Especially the fireman's carry like in your picture. If you can lift the person up into that position, they become weightless do to their weight being spread across both your shoulders. There's a reason firefighters use that technique.

If you want to learn that, do Judo or BJJ.
>>
>>846044
Center of gravity. Lift a physics book instead of Kevin Owens next time.
>>
>>847087
Didn't BJJ ban kata guruma, calling it a "slam"?

I've got videos of people being DQed because of kata gurumas.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.