[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo-Yo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 3602XP-Bl-P.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3602XP-Bl-P.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
Anybody here like yo-yos? What's your favorite format (1A, 2A, etc.)?

I'm just starting out, about to buy my first one since I was a kid. Thinking about learning 2A and getting a couple of pic related to throw around.

Anyway, yo-yo general.

(Competitive yo-yo is a sport.)
>>
>>839364
Yo yo threads never get a lot of attention

I want to get into 2a but it's best to have a solid 1a foundation

Have you seen the yoyojam classic? It's a good inexpensive yoyo
>>
>>839576
I haven't played with it. It's a butterfly shape, right? So it's good for 1a play? I'll look into it.

I can't get a yo-yo until probably after Christmas anyway because there are no stores nearby that focus on yo-yos, and I can't buy one online until I can get to the bank to deposit a check, then order it and wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, I'm watching unboxing videos like a weirdo, and reading as much as I can about yo-yos, how to take care of them, and so on.
>>
>>839364
>Ages 8+

damn... guess i'll have to wait until next christmas
>>
>>839587
Don't worry, buddy. It'll still be there waiting for you. In the meantime, maybe you can use it with Mommy or Daddy's supervision?
>>
Who here /SuperSoaker/?
>>
>>842898
>2,000+ year-old toy that is used in serious worldwide competitions
>squirt gun of a certain brand
Bit of a difference here.

If pressed, I would say yoyo is more like figure skating, competitive dance, and other sports in which one performs and is scored by a panel of judges.
>>
I picked up a Spongebob Stretchy YoYo from one of the machines at my grocery store for my kid but he wanted the yellow one and I got him the pink one. Any tips on how to get the one I want from the machine?
>>
>>843102
Keep trying until the yellow one falls out, I guess. But that could get pretty expensive.

Also, those aren't really yoyos in the usual sense. Posting about them here is like posting about Nerf footballs in a thread about football, or about Nerf or squirt guns in the paintball general thread.
>>
Butterfly first, we had yomega as kids. Glow in the dark imperials. Almost 30 years ago
>>
>>842898
Here
Cannot wait for christmas for my new load out, mum better not fuck up again this time!
>>
>>839364
Anyone remember brainbusters and bumblebees?
I used to spend all my allowance on yo-yos and magic cards when i was a kid
>>
>>844150
I just got two Yomega Raiders, actually. They're pretty good loopers for beginner through advanced, and if you put spacers in them, they're incredible.

Some 2A pros use modified Raiders.
>>
>>842910
>playing with a yo yo is the same as competitive dance or figure skating
>yo yoing is a 2,000 year old serious worldwide competition
Holy shit you're a faggot
>>
>>845951
Yeah but come on. Everyone who posts on 4chan is a gigantic do faggot. No exceptions.
>>
>>845965
Go back to reddit desu
>>
File: CLYW x One Drop Summit.png (754KB, 596x598px) Image search: [Google]
CLYW x One Drop Summit.png
754KB, 596x598px
pic related is my go to, it's balanced as fuck, definitely recommend it.

as for a beginner yoyo I'd say just skip responsive yoyos and go straight to unresponsive. I'd try a yoyo factory DV888 and then you can play it responsive if you want to and then upgrade the bearing when you're ready.
>>
>>851597
I'm having issues with string tension on my looping yoyos. Is this a bigger problem with looping, since every loop tightens or loosens the string? Is it less of an issue when it comes to string trick stuff?
>>
>>844154
Bruh, I saw a random Bumblebee at some store when I was shopping. Bought it that second. I remember having one of those almost 20yrs ago.

I remember having a couple Raiders as well. Those were like the best before spending stupid money. Although I remember the Bumblebee was probably like $50 back in the day and when I saw this one at the store a couple years ago, it was only like $15 or $20.

>update: just went to search for the Bumblebee in my junk drawer next to the Hackey-sack and coldn't find it
It might be in my car. I'm sure it is around my house somewhere.
>>
>>851609
I don't do looping so I'm not sure but I'd assume it's a bigger problem when you do looping, but I still get a lot of string tension just from throwing it repeatedly and when I do slack stuff it's a big problem
>>
this thread should probably be on /toy/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.