[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

commando sambo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 14

File: drag-dr-art.jpg (944KB, 1200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
drag-dr-art.jpg
944KB, 1200x2000px
i started playing Tekken on psp and picking characters to see which ones i like and i came across this suave gentleman.
i liked his appearance and especially his secondary costume but also his tough style with strong punches, kicks but also some very quick grapples and CQC throws.

on the wiki it says he practises Sambo.

>what do you think about Sambo? is too 2leathal4thestreets?

from a few youtube videos looks like it could compliment something like kickboxing well.

pic related the suave somabitch and his stance
>>
Sports Sambo - Awesome
"Combat" Sambo - bullshit unless learned in Russian military
>>
>>838336
http://youtu.be/A82TU1aROW8
What the hell are you talking about? Combat sambo is a sport too. It's sambo with kickboxing whereas sambo is just grappling.
>>
>>838351
It's actually the same sport with a different ruleset. You go to a sambo gym to learn sambo. There aren't like Combat Sambo gyms and then Sport Sambo gyms or whatever... in fact learning just the grappling aspect is usually a pre-req before you can compete in Combat Sambo
>>
>>838351
Why do russians look dead inside ?
>>
File: counter rush drop seoi nage.gif (1MB, 400x213px) Image search: [Google]
counter rush drop seoi nage.gif
1MB, 400x213px
>>838351
>>838366
I'm mainly a judoka and high school wrestling coach, however one of my fellow teammates is a judo black belt and sambo player.

Only know a few spiffy throws and been shown a few ways to set up armbars/leg locks, but i haven't actually studied sambo.

Combat sambo is actually a relatively new variant/ruleset and was developed in the 90s. Sambo is heavily regulated by the Russian government in terms of ranking, coaching certification .

Most guys who are master of sport in sambo are black belts in judo and vice versa. A majority of Russian judoka are sambo ranked. There is some irony that is the best Russian Judoka is a mid tier sambo player, and the best sambo guys are guys who couldn't cut it onto the Russian National team for judo.

here's one of my favorite high light reels of sambo that you guys might enjoy.

https://youtu.be/K_c3Py7lXqM
>>
File: counter uchi mata kouchi.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
counter uchi mata kouchi.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>841428
>>
File: drop seoi nage.gif (2MB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
drop seoi nage.gif
2MB, 400x374px
>>841446
>>
>>841472
>>
File: foot block ashi waza sambo.gif (1MB, 400x198px) Image search: [Google]
foot block ashi waza sambo.gif
1MB, 400x198px
>>841486
>>
File: rolling ude.gif (975KB, 350x195px) Image search: [Google]
rolling ude.gif
975KB, 350x195px
>>841502
>>
File: sambo kani basimi to knee bar.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
sambo kani basimi to knee bar.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>841516
>>
File: seoi otoshi sambo.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
seoi otoshi sambo.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>841541
>>
File: seoi otoshi.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
seoi otoshi.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>841592
>>
File: Fedor coaching.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Fedor coaching.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>841605
>>
File: sambo KO.gif (878KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
sambo KO.gif
878KB, 500x285px
>>841664
>>
File: sambo uchi mata.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sambo uchi mata.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>841721
>>
>>838328
I play as Lili. She is awesome and is my waifu
>>
what aboot russian military jiu jitsu?
http://streetcombattraining.com
>>
>>841993
>http://streetcombattraining.com
that reeks of scam and guys peddling basic level BJJ and MMA with Russian and self defense window dressing just to over charge you.
>>
>>841428
sambo was developed in the 30s tho
>>
File: low tai otoshi sambo variant.gif (1MB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
low tai otoshi sambo variant.gif
1MB, 400x247px
>>846406
yes and no. Sambo the style was developed in the 30s BUT it was sports sambo (just mainly the grappling component)

Combat sambo, the striking component/ruleset wasn't developed until the 90s.

Now as sambo was first established as style in the 30s the rule set was the foundation for sport sambo grappling. When it was trained for the military they had rudimentary strikes but nothing streamlined and established till the early 90s
>>
>>846419
What separates Sambo from other submission grappling styles like BJJ or Catch?
>>
>>847341
sambo has a focus on leg locks and armbars, but a ban on chokes. So out of the major styles like judo and BJJ it has probably the most evolved way to attack those limbs.

It does have the basic rear naked choke and other chokes but because of the ban they're not as evolved with setting them up. That would be BJJ's and Judo's specialities.

Also the guard is banned or rather its considered a stalling point and penalized so sambo doesn't have that evolved form of guard work.
>>
>>852810
if you look at Fedor's and other sambo turn MMA guy's submission loses they lose a lot to choke holds. Sambo great at being a solid style for MMA but the glaring weakness to choke hold defense does hurt it. But being MMA a sambo guy does need to cross train the other grappling styles to tune up their choke defense.
>>
>>852822
which is why a lot of Russian sambo players are also ranked in judo. Sambo and Judo get cross trained a lot in Russia and the ironic thing is the few sambo places you find in the states are tied closely to judo dojos but are ran russian style.
>>
>>852810

There's also "freestyle sambo" which allowes chokes.

>>852826

One of the founders of Sambo trained under Kano himself. Sort and Freestyle Sambo are closer to Judo than anything else.
>>
>>853485
have some example of free style sambo?
>>
>>858094

I'm a Judo guy, but there's some stuff on yt:

>https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=freestyle+sambo

BTW it looks like the freestyle sambo ruleset is only present in the states?
>>
>>858106
so wait the Russian Government doesn't recognize it?

Makes me wonder if free style sambo isn't just a bunch of American judo guys roleplaying sambo and adding the chokes they know.
>>
>>858109

AFAIK the idea was to make Sambo (training and competitions) more interesting for Judoka, because the pool for Sambo is rather small at the USA.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.