[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 233x216px
Anybody play chess here? If so, how experienced are you? Could you offer tips for a novice player?

I'm not green fully, am chess club president of school and played on and off since 12. Can always improve though, especially since i am looking in to tournament play.
>>
the only way to get replies to this thread on this board is to ask which of the chess figures is most useful in the street fight or which chess figure corresponds to which mandrama actor

i guess youll better try your luck on a more populated board, maybe /tg/ or even /b/

played in early teens myself, but social pressure made me rethink my priorities in favour of alcohol and chasing girls
>>
>>835210
I don't have the time to improve my game, but I still watch some of John Bartholomew's games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6hOVYvNn79Sl1Fc1vx2mYA

I highly recommend his channel. Check out his chess fundamentals series. He is extremely good at explaining his thought process even when playing a 1min bullet match.
>>
My father had quite the collection of chess books. I've only ever read a few pages.
>>
File: chess-piece-rook-632-1591-2.jpg (538KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
chess-piece-rook-632-1591-2.jpg
538KB, 800x1066px
>>835238
>which of the chess figures is most useful in the street fight
You could put two rooks back to back in your fist, add some more mass to that punch.

If you have good aim, and decorative pieces, you could jab the king's crown into a fucker's eye.
>>
File: smk_slingshot_deluxe_1.jpg (93KB, 781x781px) Image search: [Google]
smk_slingshot_deluxe_1.jpg
93KB, 781x781px
>>835238
>>835368
There're no rules in a street fight. You can use the pawns as slingshot ammo.
>>
I've been playing on chess.com for a while now, I got started by watching Chessnetwork on youtube.

I'm a scrub and basically maintain skills to be a step better than my /tg/ group (~1150 ELO)
>>
>>835368
rook kubotan

>that is a pretty rook
>>
http://lichess.org/8eUm89Qw

Play me you scrub
>>
Chess sucks. Learn muay thai
>>
File: chessboxing53.jpg (67KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
chessboxing53.jpg
67KB, 480x343px
>knights can be used as claws
>use bishop to catch blades
>queen and king are pointy, can be used for stabbing
>rooks are basically cylinders, use them for tripping your opponent
>pawns can be used as projectiles
>>
>>835210
If you want to get good quick, learn your openings.
>>
>>837205
I don't know how to chess beyond a basic understanding of how the pieces move. How do I learn the openings?
>>
File: Chess_piece_-_White_queen.jpg (623KB, 1000x1722px) Image search: [Google]
Chess_piece_-_White_queen.jpg
623KB, 1000x1722px
>>837175
>queen and king are pointy,
Queens aren't always that pointy.
>>
>>837311
go on google and search for chess openings or better buy a book for beginners.
>>
>>837311
Some could say that chess can be played two ways, by calculating, or by memorizing.
Since not everybody is high in intelligence, especially the areas used in chess that isn't memory, some find it easier to memorize.
Even idiots can learn things eventually, memory is kind of a human thing. Humans can recall things from memory more quickly than they can calculate those things, generally speaking, so it's more efficient for most to just memorize.
In bullet chess, it can be said that it's just a memory circle jerk.
>>
>>835385
The pawn is your best bet, you've got 16 of them and they can do ok damage.

The king would be like a sniper bullet, you use the first shots to estimate how to shoot properly, then when your accuracy has improved you finish him with a king to the eye.

Plus you can reuse the bullets unlike a pipebomb. So chess really is the ultimate martial art
>>
>>835210
I'm a 2200 (National Master). AMA
>>
I read a book on Soviet chess strategies a few years ago and haven't lost a game to my chump capitalist friends since.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.