[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce Lee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: 1445221823001.jpg (147KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445221823001.jpg
147KB, 1280x960px
Was Bruce Lee really the best fighter?
How would Bruce fare in the UFC?
>>
File: college teddy roosevelt.jpg (49KB, 455x653px) Image search: [Google]
college teddy roosevelt.jpg
49KB, 455x653px
>>818910
Theodore Roosevelt was Bruce Lee before IP Mann was born.

Instead of asking how Bruce Lee would do, We should say how fucking bad ass Teddy was
Theodore Roosevelt promoted that all American males master all ranges of combat and mix styles. He was the captain of Harvard's wrestling team, trained with boxing champs and was one of the first Americans to train a new style of japanese wrestling call Judo.

Theodore Roosevelt was JKD before Bruce Lee
Theodore Roosevelt was MMA before UFC.
>>
>>818915
> muh teddeh roosefelt so based may may XD
Fuck off back to reddit or cracked comment section faggot
>>
>>818958
>buttjewed hue hue
>> muh broos li senpai so based may may XD
Fuck off back to reddit or cracked comment section faggot

Fuck off with that chink chink chong chong this is 4chan.

WE ARE KNOWN WORLD WISE AS ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE DONT FORGIVE

WE DON'T FORGET

EXPECT US
>>
>>818958
Bruce Lee is a maymay
>>
>>818910
No he wasn't. In fact he can't be considered a fighter at all since he had no documented fights.

However he was a very good coach that's why a lot of world class competitive fighters went to train with him. He had a wide and deep technical knowledge (considering those information wasn't as widely available as they are today) and his philosophy about fighting was spot on as well and is the basis of modern mma (that he was the inspiration behind mma can be debated if not disputed though).

>Was Bruce Lee really the best fighter?
Definitely not. He himself said he wouldn't stand a chance against someone significantly heavier (which is obvious but shows that he wasn't as delusional as some try to make him look).
>How would Bruce fare in the UFC?
I think it's a fair assumption to think that he might have been *in* the ufc. Any more than that has really no basis of speculation.
>>
>>818963
>>819000
> implying i care about Bruce Lee
They are both memes
Bluce was a sliteyed manlet that got killed by an aspirin
>>
>>819005
I'd say that considering Bruce the inspiration behind MMA is plain ignorant, considering Pankration was a thing in Ancient Greece and then there's a whole bunch of martial arts across the world in different times that melded different approaches to produce a complete fighter that could strike and grapple, stuff like Kampfringen, Bartitsu, some schools of japanese jujutsu that trained in striking as well as grappling and even in China you had the old Shuai Jiao which was wrestling with strikes.
>>
>>818910
>How would Bruce fare in the UFC?
I'll tell yo how it'd go.
Bruce Lee doesn't telegraph like these UF-shitheads do.
Bruce Lee was also fast.
This is how it'd go down
>Bruce Lee would touch gloves after reff goes over rules, not at the beginning of the fight
>right when Bruce Lee's opponent gets in step side kick range
>Bruce Lee fucking step side kicks that fucker in the fucking chest, and fucking TKOs that fucker, leaving him winded and knocked the fuck down
>>
>Best fighter

Why do people keep saying this shit? When he was in his prime he was peak human. He was a smart man, who had deep understanding of life and philosophy. That's what made Bruce Lee Bruce Lee he was an intelligent hard worker. Inspiring.

Asking How he'd fare in UFC is like saying how a Battleaxe would fare in today's warfare. He was a very hard worker so he'd do good. But making him go vs against Heavyweight X is beyond retarded.
>>
>>819144
>. But making him go vs against Heavyweight X is beyond retarded.
post a thread saying "who would win between tyson and bruce lee" and i guarantee your IQ will spontaneously go down when reading the responses
>>
>>818910
There is literally no evidence of him being a competent fights outside of hearsay from people with a financial interest in him being reputed as a great fighter. Many of said stories have also been thoroughly debunked as featuring non-existent people.
>>
>>819144
>who had deep understanding of life and philosophy
Phil101 and regurgitating Taoist poetry isn't deep, anon. The only "Deep understanding" he demonstrated was of marketing.
>>
>>819144
Agreed, he had a huge amount of charisma and ambition, he may have died young but what he accomplished in his short life as regards his reputations and legacy has probably surpassed what he himself thought possible.. I've never met anyone who disliked bruce lee, never mind didnt respect him
>>
>>818958
Man, this whole hipster/reddit thing sucks. They glorify shit that might not be that bad, but they do it in such a shit way that it makes people not want to associate with them. Which is stupid.
>>
>>819590
>They glorify shit that might not be that bad, but they do it in such a shit way that it makes people not want to associate with them

That's been nerd culture for decades you stupid fuck.
>>
>>819606
It's even worse though. All anything is now is assuming the other person is a
>neckbeard
or whatever the buzzword of choice is for the boogeyman that people don't want to be. Something about this specific flavor of it is so shit. It's like no one is allowed to like anything, because they're not
>genuine
It's weird, and confusing, and I'm too dumb to put it into words, but it's just so faggy.
>>
mayweather is the best fighter

0 losses
0 KOs
0 KDs

oh and he fights in real contact sports
>>
>>819663
>oh and he fights in real contact sports
Except it's the most watered down contact sport.
>>
File: wu.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wu.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>819606
>>
>>818915
Pastey white boy detected
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 637x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 637x1024px
>McGregor is good but he's just a cheap imitation of the REAL master, Bruce Lee!
>Bruce Lee could take down any meathead MMA fighter!
>My strip mall dojo trains the way that Lee did so we can handle any threat from a D1 wrestler to a CIA hit squad!
>>
Post yfw Bruce Lee didn't even spar
>>
>>819729
lol
>>
>>819131

Oh yeah, kicks to the chest are fight enders all the time.
>>
>>819539

Hang out with anybody who has ever actually worked hard to achieve something in a competitive sport, not just fighting. Bruce marketed himself hard as fuck and refused to test his skills. He was all sizzle and no steak.

>>819144
You know all of Bruce's stats are bullshit right? Let's be honest. You like him because he was so damn pretty and you like to imagine your hands roaming all over that hard body. It's okay.
>>
>>819539
Almost everything I've ever read about Bruce Lee that was written by people who knew him but do not directly profit from his legacy (Lee estate, jkd instructors) depicts him as a narcissistic asshole.
>>
>>819131
this desu senpai
>>
>>818910
Sports fighting and self defence are circumstantially 2 completely different fields with different applicable techniques and, more importantly, MINDSETS (something you blow job juitsu circlejerkers never seem to grasp).

Granted, Bruce Lee was first and foremost an actor/choreographer who may not have fared that well in a controlled, safe MMA environment. But if I got jumped by 5 gangbangers in a dark alley I would rather have him backing me up than a grappler, even a highly competent one
>>
File: hip throw to ude garami.gif (990KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
hip throw to ude garami.gif
990KB, 245x180px
>>829929

So, he's an actor and choreographer that wouldn't do well when subjected to randomness and non-compliance like that seen in an MMA fight... but he'd do well in a 5 on 2 survival situation.

How do you people believe this?

>Yeah, I've only ever driven around in empty parking lots with pylons and shit. I don't drive in traffic, or do any of that silly sport racing. If it ever came down to some survival driving scenario, though, I'd be way better than those other drivers.

gif related; someone who would actually be useful backing you up in that fight.
>>
File: aoki break.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
aoki break.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>829929

>MINDSETS

This is the RBSD wanker way of justifying the inordinate amount of time they spend watching videos, fantasizing about street fights and shit posting on forums instead of actually training, isn't it?

>Pic related could never fight outside the ring, guys. He doesn't have the MINDSET
>>
>>829959
No I'm just saying that JDK, a martial art based on situational awareness and knocking people the fuck out as quick as possible, would be preferable to BJJ in this situation
>>
>>829929
>there are no rules in da street mayne
>>
>>829959
there's way more "randomness" in an actual survival situation than an MMA match, you're not that dumb are you?
>>
>>830461
There's also a lot less skill.
>>
>>830466
and what does that have to do with what you said?
>>
File: uchi mata to harai goshi.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
uchi mata to harai goshi.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>830461

Yes, there is, and I;m saying that the guy who goes from doing drills and forms (little randomness and intensity) to light sparring (little bit more randomness and intensity) to hard sparring and competition ( lots more randomness and intensity) has been well prepared for the randomness and intensity that occurs in a street fight. He's climbed an adrenaline ladder that has forced him to perform under more and more stressful conditions on the way up; a street fight is just one more step.

Conversely, we have the average RBSD fag that practices low intensity, fully compliant, carefully choreographed drills, and then assumes that this better prepares them for real life combat than the guy who put the work in.

Every person in the world who needs to practice their skillset under adverse conditions does the same thing; they learn their skills and then practice doing their job under ever increasingly arduous and non-compliant conditions. Military, emergency personnel, etc.

Why do you think you think that fighting is any different?

The guy who trains forms, and then talks about muh
>>
File: huge ura nage.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
huge ura nage.gif
2MB, 360x203px
The guy who trains forms, and then talks about 'muh warrior mindset' is just trying to avoid the hard work and ego-beating that comes with actually learning how to fight. He's justifying a fantasy to cling to.

I used to be that guy, with the warrior mindset headspace and the 2deadly military MA training, and I got mauled when I started training real combat sports. This isn't eye-gouges vs right hooks, like Kung Fu and Krav fags always think it is; it's experience and reflex vs rote learning and fantasy. You're sneering at the hardware without knowing shit about the software.

But I'm sure your sifu can just show you some Warrior Wisdom facebook posts and then wristlock a 13 year old, and invalidate my points by simply giving you what you want; a safe little fantasy that allows you to feel deadly without putting the work in.
>>
>>830561
>>830575
>those gifs
>my judo boner
>>
>>830575
>>830561
Correct as always, judo bro
>>
>>830575
I have a book from 1965 that talks about people like lee with distaste, while advocating TKD for non con Hard Blocking Stop Point rules sparring.

this was before vietnam where things kinda got real for a bit then the hogu came about and korea started hard sparring and america slowly caught on.

Basically, his pussy kind is the same people who say "there's no one best martial art"

The point isn't necessarily to find the best martial art, but to prove that your martial art is the best in a sort of pissing contest.

They avoid conflict like some sort of french-sweedish fusion.
>>
>>830401

Except JKD practitioners don't train situational awareness or knocking people out as quick as possible, they train pre-arranged scenarios and compliant drills, and talk about the other shit.
>>
>>818958
Since when was teddy Roosevelt not a badass?
>>
>>818910
I'm sure given a good hard look at the modern state of fighting, Bruce Lee had the work ethic and athleticism to do fairly well as an exciting 135er in the UFC.

His striking would be on point, but he'd definitely need to do some work on TDD.
>>
>>831528
Since he died.
>>
>>831551
Be real, anon. With the amount of time he spent talking himself up before social media was a thing do you really think he'd be doing anything but posting selfies and spamming twitter with #beastmode bullshit?
>>
drug addict
>>
>>831551
>>832676
also...was he 135 walking around? that's like 125 cut?
>>
>>837007

Lee was 170 at his heaviest. People love to throw around 135 because they make his nonsensical claims to feats of strength even more unbelievable.
>>
>>818915
>not Edward William Barton Wright
>no Bartitsu
Old Eddy knew what was what
>>
File: bartonwright.jpg (47KB, 441x599px) Image search: [Google]
bartonwright.jpg
47KB, 441x599px
>>838306
Pic Related
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.