[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Aikido look like when done competently in a real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1432770721902.png (1MB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1432770721902.png
1MB, 1018x728px
What does Aikido look like when done competently in a real fight??? Like judo?
>>
A broken wrist.
>>
>>810118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0yseYpoBA

As you can see even in competition it looks like shit-tier self-taught judo. It would look even worse in a fight. What do you expect from people who spend all their time doing compliant drills designed to reinforce their belief that grappling can be done at arm's length?
>>
>>810123
Pretty bad grappling imo
>>
>>810123
This is horrible. It doesn't even look like trained fighters, just two dudes grabbing each others wrists.
>>
im pretty sure i found the only aikido guy to try and fight outside of his gym, assistant coach bro here

>aikido bro comes into mma meme school
>he is pretty nice, confident in his abilities
>wants to try both classes and potentially stick around for open mat(bjj then muay thai morning sections)
>goes through bjj, doesnt really talk much
>we put him with the newfriends(5-6 classes or less)
>normal back and forth during free rolling, nothing too exceptional(he would occasionally grab for a wrist but at some dumbass time like completely underneath someone) but if his aikido was going to do him any good it would be here
>muay thai practice
>same deal, at this point i think he is just taking in the lesson
>muay thai ends, senior coach tells anyone interested in sparring or free rolling they should stay
>i ask everyone who wants to spar specifically in striking to come over to the far ring
>aikido bro comes
>y-you what?
>have him go first with a guy who has been there a year-ish who was really into it but by now had probably had enough experience to not do something dumb
>boy was i fucking idiot
>start their match
>aikido bro disregards everything we had tried to show him in the class, has his hands down and is directly facing 1yearbro
>aikido guy takes a step towards 1year, 1 year looks confused and takes a step towards aikido bro
>they are now within striking distance
>both are in full gear, ill let aikido bro either pull out some magic shit or get hit a few times and step in
>1year bro takes this as his signal to ruthlessly pummel aikido bro with a chain of punches that looked to be about as hard as he could throw
>immediately stop the match
>aikido guy looks sad and his nose was starting to bleed
>feel shitty, resolve to kick the shit out of 1yearbro later

tl;dr aikido, not even once
>>
>>810118

Nobody knows.
>>
>>810243
Got a couple of keks. I'm glad I never signed up for aikido.
>>
>>810118
>What does Aikido look like when done competently
http://video.lmgtfy.com/?q=shodokan+aikido
>>
>>810770
looks hilarious
thank god I never wasted my time doing it
>>
>>810770
>I'm a passive aggressive sperglord: The website
>>
>>810123
What the bloody hell are they doing? If it's supposed to represent a knife he's dead like 18 times.
>>
>>810770
you seem passive aggressive. You could have linked any of those videos in the thread. At any rate, it looks like white belt level Judo to me.
>>
> 2nd dan smug aikifag comes to my training
> wearing his magic pants
> spends the conditioning/technique session "correcting" everyone
> declares he's coming to sparring
> trainer tells him he needs gear
> bro volunteers his gear and says he'll do bag work instead
>aikifag spends the next 30 minutes getting ragdolled and punched in the face
> visibly mad at this point
> rolling time
> aikifag spends 20 minutes getting tapped between telling people how if he was allowed to wrist lock it'd be a different story
> trainer tells him to go for it
> it's fucking nothing.jpg
> the crowning humiliation is our Big Guy (6'2, 240lb) literally sits on him and doesn't even go for a sub
>> I'm j-just grabbing a drink
> never seen again
I swear I heard him sobbing as he left the room
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7U6p4dtxvw

crappy judo with some dangerous ass standing submissions/throws from kimura/waki gatame positions
>>
>>810980
Oh my god that sounds fucking hilarious. Any one happen to record the session?
>>
>>810770
Your post would have came off less faggy if you actually used my exact words in google :^).
Besides, I didnt even know there was such a think as "shodokan" aikido
>>
>>811034
Shodokan Aikido is probably the most important offshoot of standard traditional Aikido in the sense that they actually treat sparring as an important tool rather than stick to pre-arranged drills and patterns only. It still looks like shitty judo but hey, at least they try so kudos to them.
>>
>>810866
>it looks like white belt level Judo to me.
Grappling changes a lot when your opponent has a knife.
>>
>>810243
his fault.

nigga shouldnt have walked in hands down.

it teaches shit habits.
>>
>>810770
Quite sure the woman at 0:23 - 0:38 - 0:50 started BJJ at our place a little under a year ago. Got to say her takedowns aren't bad. I've been doing Judo for 5 years as well, so I don't have much trouble taking her down, but I can't afford to give her too much of an opening to go for a takedown.

Also, it's quite amusing to see her take down people who don't pull guard during competition. We're going to start working on adapting some Aikido for BJJ as too, because I still do it as well.
>>
>>810118
>dude grabs Aikidoka
>lands on the ground with Aikidoka barely moving
>rest of his buddies back off, intimidated
Which is good, because actual fighting would be kinda hard with Aikido.
>>
>>810243
>tl;dr aikido, not even once
I will always repeat it: There is nothing wrong with learning Aikido.
Just do something beforehand to get a sound foundation. Aikido neither teaches you the necessary reflexes nor a full fighting style.
>>
>>810980

I want to believe this, so I will.
>>
>>815844
We also had a wimp chong chick come in telling us how she's 2deadly and always had bruises and shit after training. She was outside fertilizing the garden 20 minutes into conditioning
>>
>>815857
>wimp chong chick
I bet she knew how to throw a decent cross.
>>
It looks like getting your face punched in while wearing a fancy dress
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.