[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey can anyone make a good move list/combo for a beginning freshman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: jeff_prescott_vs_terry_brands.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jeff_prescott_vs_terry_brands.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Hey can anyone make a good move list/combo for a beginning freshman wrestler like me and give me some tips before my match tomorrow? I'm 5'9 and im 131 lbs. It would mean a lot to me
>>
Superman Punch
Samoan Drop
Spear
Drive-by
>>
>>807920
destroy your knee by doing flippy shit around a guy who actually looks like a wrestler
>>
>>807920
Single leg

Chop 2 on 1

Half to pin

There you go.
>>
>>807952
do you know what that one move is called where you grab the person on bottom's right trap with your left hand, crank hard so they lick their armpit, post your right hand on the inside of their right leg and run around their head towards it called i cant quite remember
>>
>>807920
check the oil if your losing to gain the advantage,.
>>
>>807973
>do you know what that one move is called where you grab the person on bottom's right trap with your left hand, crank hard so they lick their armpit, post your right hand on the inside of their right leg and run around their head towards it called i cant quite remember
Spiral Ride.
>>
File: wing chun style front kick.gif (3MB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
wing chun style front kick.gif
3MB, 300x214px
>front kick to knee
>clinch/knee to face
>double leg takedown
>grab his testicles, twist and pull
>>
File: arm shuck collar shrug to back.gif (3MB, 410x228px) Image search: [Google]
arm shuck collar shrug to back.gif
3MB, 410x228px
>>807920
I haven't posted in awhile since wrestling season is in high gear for me also, but i coach wrestling and am a judo nidan (2nd degree). My kids also have a meet tomorrow.

Most important tip? LISTEN to your coaches. You're a freshman so you probably been taught at least one shot, one tilt, how to stand up. Keep it simple and shoot. Keep shooting, shoot and reshoot, just shoot. Also i agree with >>807952
in terms of just a plain fundamental move list.

Also don't lose your head gear, your coaches aren't your babysitters and we're not watching your headgear for you. Plus that shit is expensive .

Main thing is be aggresive, be first and shoot. if you can't finish or are stuck on the bottom, reshoot or do any of your reversals (duck under, peek out, granby,tripod etc)

If you're bottom man during ref's posistion stand up and shoot.

Common errors that get you penalized. Remember when you go for the half, dont try to do a full nelson. A lot of kids for some reason or another rush the half or get confused and shot both hands in and wind up doing a full.

But please listen to your coaches. They been training you for a few months and if you perform how you train you got nothing to worry. Assuming you been training hard.Good luck.
>>
>>807920
Holy shit

OP'spic, what kind of last name is prescott
>>
Kick to the balls followed by a stone cold stunner. Good luck OP.
>>
>>807920
>freshman wrestler

18+
>>
>>810199
He probably means college.

>>807994
>>807952
Me again OP:

There are some other things you can look for. What style of wrestling are you being taught?

Is it high crotches instead of singles and doubles? Are you learning ankle picks? Laterals and head locks?

What breakdowns are you being taught? Waist Lace, Far Knee Far Ankle, Chop 2 on 1, Spiral Ride?

What pinning combos are you being taught? Half, Power Half, Arm Bar, Cradles?
>>
>>810236
Also Peterson rolls? They work pretty well when the other guy can't follow well on top.
>>
>>807920
Hit em with a hurricanrana, followed by the people's elbow, then finish em off with a moonsault off the turnbuckle. Boom, your a champ now
>>
Irish whip into belly punch then manhattan drop straight into side russian leg sweep
Whip into corner then superplex, then 2nd rope pointed elbow drop
Finish with a sharpshooter
>>
Bump because we need more real wrestling theads
>>
>>810236
There's no way that he didn't make this thread outside of shitposting for the fake wrestling fags. However, we can now use this thread to talk about real wrestling techniques.
>>
>>816059
>However, we can now use this thread to talk about real wrestling techniques.

Sweet. So what style of wrestling was everyone taught?

My coach had us working really heavily on singles (including us heavier guys with Short/Smith Singles), Chop 2 on 1, and halfs and power halfs. Those were our go to take down, breakdown, and pinning combos.

I started leaning heavily towards arm drag to heel trip and duck unders though when I hit my junior year. I also found a lot of success with Waist Lace and Spiral Ride and then looking for arm bars or cross face anchors.

I still really like arm drags because they are easy to get from pummeling.
>>
>>816870
> unironically being gay
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>816877
come on it's 2015 gays are people too
>>
>>816877
>Jelly because didn't get superior combat sport training and conditioning as a child.

How are you enjoying your Kung Fu classes?
>>
>>816870
I'm in season for folk right now and I might do some freestyle and Greco tournaments over the break. Right now I've been working the high crotch and fireman's to death and the various finishes from there. Hitting a dump on someone is the greatest feeling in the world. High crotch is so easy to sink because of how smooth you can get that crackdown on a guy even if he tries to fight out of it. From top i like the Blackfoot tilt series and running the far wrist and then I guess you'd call it a barb wire? You sort of claw the opposite shoulder and go for the pin. Then of course there's the half, but I'm ass from top anyway so this is mostly what would be ideal for me
>>
I know that this is a little late, but snapdowns and be super aggresive no matter what. Take shots whenever possible.
>>
>>817053
>but snapdowns and be super aggresive no matter what.

You're just asking to get shot on.

>>817025
>You sort of claw the opposite shoulder and go for the pin.

We just called it a cross face anchor to reverse half.
>>
>>817272
Yeah the names for some of this shit might vary on region.
>>
Currently a sophomore in college and every winter since high school has made me nostalgic for wrestling season. I don't miss cutting weight or being fucking miserable for 2 months but there sure is something special about wrestling season.

Sweep single for life.
>>
>>817478
Same situation, but I'm old (28) because I'm a "student veteran", so I'm probably too old to wrestle in college.
>>
I lost my first wrestling match yesterday. What are some good drills you can do by yourself? I need to improve
>>
>>817746
>I lost my first wrestling match yesterday. What are some good drills you can do by yourself?

Sprawling, shooting, and conditioning desu senpai.

Unless you can get a hold of a grappling dummy or heavy bag that you can work throws on.
>>
If you're quick, ankle pick and cover, and when he bases up, powerhalf. I wrestle 182 so my style is a little different, but your opponent might not see it coming
>>
Also, belly to back suplex is great at any weight, its nasty and hurts alot for the other guy, and you can usually cover for a quick 3 or 5 with a head and arm or a half
>>
>>818082
>and when he bases up, powerhalf.

Why would you do this?

Break down and THEN pinning combo.
>>
Jump guard
>>
>>817979
What's the most important thing to remember in a match?
>>
>>819308
>What's the most important thing to remember in a match?

Stay off your back.
>>
>>818310
The guys I usually base up very quickly before I can even throw a move, so I antisipaye the base and set a power half
>>
>>818310
*wrestle *antisipate fucking autocorrect
>>
>>820353
If they base up quickly look for a spiral ride or waist lace.
>>
>>819308
Keep moving, no matter what
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.