[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the appeal of this old manlet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: undertaker-1423739065-2332892.jpg (848KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
undertaker-1423739065-2332892.jpg
848KB, 1920x1440px
what's the appeal of this old manlet?
>>
>>805383
I know this is a meme thread but I feel he's actually massively over-rated because people stand him beside the legit GOATs.
>mic-work nothing special whatsoever, just good character-work
>ring-work nothing truly special, great for his size but never even close to a top 5 ringworker at any point during his career

He's a dude that lived off his own hype. Not to say he didn't do a good job, but he's 100% Vince's rarely-seen brilliance on display. A dude carried by a properly chosen and perfectly fitting character/persona.
>>
>>805383
He's a great ring general
>>
He plays his role perfectly.
Whether its Mod, American Badass, he can make it shine.
Also he's a big guy who moves well, even now despite his age and knows how to make below-average wrestlers get to a decent level.
>>
>manlet
>>
>>805383
>manlet
The dude is 6 ft 10
>>
>>805383
Yokozunas put him in a casket and then he appeared on the screen and ascended. Leslie Nelson was horde by Gorilla Monsoon to look for him and then there was two U ndper Takers because the original Ted Debiasse brought in a Undertaker. They fought at the Summerlam in the main event because that was more important than Owen vs that cry babby bitch Bret Hart in a steel cage for the wwf world heavyweight championship
>>
>>805423
he's a manlet by wrestling standards
>>
>>805383
>6 foot 10
>manlet

I swear you people take words that have meaning, and rob that meaning right out from underneath them. Kill yourself.
>>
>>805535
read >>805533
>>
>>805535
>anyone below 6 foot 10 is now a manlet
>manlet Reigns confirmed
>>
he's awful
>>
File: ghost_rider_by_rockkar-d4x3hyh.jpg (2MB, 1100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_rider_by_rockkar-d4x3hyh.jpg
2MB, 1100x1500px
>>805383

He got in WWF just before the Attitude Era, so he had his shit together as a performer when the Attitude Era (which was, and probably will be, the best era of Wrestling, ever) really caught on.

He was in his prime at exactly the right time and he became big enough so that WWF/WWE had to build storylines and his gimmick around him, and not just pull shit off the top of their heads like with other wrestlers.

Even with the Bikertaker thing, the bottom premise of the character remained the same, i.e. the outlaw anti-hero who had just enough moral spine to be respectable.

There's actually a lot of similarity between the characters of The Undertaker and Marvel's Ghost Rider (the comic book version, not necessarily the movie adaptations). The original form of both was an Old West style grim avenger, and the second iteration of the character was a biker outlaw -adaptation.

As a performer, even though originally quite capable, Calaway has suffered massively from injuries. Glenn Jacobs/Kane is only 2 years younger and is in far superior shape and has consistently been performing for many years, whereas Calaway/Undertaker has the Santa Claus -work schedule (i.e. "once a year") and even then, struggles more often than not.

But yeah, they should have let him retire years ago. Granted, he was in much better shape than he had been in years when he went against Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania, but the Brothers of Destruction -thing against the Wyatts recently in Survivor Series was just lackluster shit with Tombstones almost getting botched even with a truly talented guy like Luke Harper/Jon Huber on the receiving end.
>>
>>805691
>He got in WWF just before the Attitude era
Yeah only 7 years before so not long.
>>
>>805716

Time used to pass slower before the Internet... and it took a lot longer to establish a wrestling (or any other) character.

To be a household name and to still be able to perform regularly (which Calaway hasn't been able to do for many years now) at the height of the industry, was a very beneficial coincidence.
>>
>>805383
>6'8
>manlet

Go back to bed, Bigshow.
>>
>>805383
I'm just wondering where Sara went.
>>
>>805544

Kill yourself.
>>
>>805691
>the Attitude Era (which was, and probably will be, the best era of Wrestling, ever)
>thumbs up if you agree!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.