[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post gimmicks/promos/segments that WWE gave the green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

ITT we post gimmicks/promos/segments that WWE gave the green light.

Pic Related.
>>
>>804616
Man, those were different times. That Eugene shit wouldn't fly today.
>>
>Kathie Lee & Hoda
>Magic beans
>Grumpy Cat
>>
>>804616
eugene was such a special guy

Although I can't remember if I loved him or just his interactions with Angle (GOAT)
>>
File: 3646091_std.jpg (21KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
3646091_std.jpg
21KB, 350x270px
wish they ran with this more 2bh
>>
>>804770
I always liked Snitsky, even when thwy turned him into a generic monster. He seems pretty chill.
>>
>>804616
I miss him and tajiri
>>
File: edge_lita_livesx_zps127c5a8b.jpg (81KB, 401x416px) Image search: [Google]
edge_lita_livesx_zps127c5a8b.jpg
81KB, 401x416px
>>804769
Angle is what made that gimmick so good desu.

Here is another one. I REALLY wish I was in the creative room when this was got given the green light.
>>
>>804616
Who had a Peter Jackson gimmick?
>>
>King Booker
>Paul & Katie Lei(?) Burchill
>The Usos (pre-typical Samoan)
>every single one of Hurricane Helms' sidekicks
>>
>most guys in the RA era
>>
>>804616

Triple H sleeping with a corpse with a Kane mask on
>>
>Triple H pretends to be Kane and rapes a dead woman at her wake

>wreslter whos entire gimmick was that he didnt force an abortion on Lita

>group of evil male cheerleaders who are packed into a box mailed to Antartica and never heard of again
>>
File: Gene_Snitsky_-_Gene_Snisky_21.jpg (50KB, 650x502px) Image search: [Google]
Gene_Snitsky_-_Gene_Snisky_21.jpg
50KB, 650x502px
>>806893

>wreslter whos entire gimmick was that he didnt force an abortion on Lita

IT WASN'T HIS FAULT
>>
>>806903
My buddy and I once make a custom Judas Iscariot wrestler. We used Snitsky's theme with the "IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" at the start.
Fucking gold.
>>
>>804918
Holy fuuuck. I remember watching this live when I was a child. First boner memories desu senpai.
Literally what was the point of this segment?
>>
File: lksdf83jd.jpg (171KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
lksdf83jd.jpg
171KB, 1200x805px
>>806893
>yfw when you realize that Dolph Ziggler was part of the Spirit Squad
>>
>>804770
Fun fact: Vince thought Snitsky would be top heel
>>
>>806769
To this day I don't understand what Heidenreich's original gimmick was supposed to be
>>
Anyone remember Jimmy Wang Yang? They should try it again with KENTA.
>>
>>808233
As stupid as it was, I felt like it was strangely progressive that they took an asian guy and gave him a non stereotypically asian gimmick.
>>
>>808242
Apparently the gimmick was at least partially based on Funaki's real life.
>>
the main roster literally has zoolander the wrestler.

And that is good.

Apparently
>>
>>808248
Yeah, because no wrestler was ever based off a movie before now, chico
>>
>>807106
Edge was celebrating beating Cena after the elimination chamber thing they did on New Years
>>
>>806764

King Booker was comedy fucking GOLD

Burchill the pirate was one of those gimmicks that most people would expect to suck hard but it didn't. It was good for what it was intended to be.
>>
It's never gonna get better than Triple H fucking a dead woman.
>>
>>804918
>>807106
Friendly reminder this was the highest rated segment in the last 10 years.

>>806764
King Booker was GOAT and his best run in WWE.

Mighty Molly was qt.
>>
File: tumblr_mjuehcnUtp1rg89a6o1_400.jpg (90KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjuehcnUtp1rg89a6o1_400.jpg
90KB, 400x300px
>>804616
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5tcer_donald-trump-vs-rosie-o-donnell_sport
>>
>>809341
The thing that made this shit so bad, was that the skit was like 5 fucking minutes long! It just dragged on and on!
>>
File: tumblr_nbxqiwwpiQ1tkslcoo6_400.gif (950KB, 290x222px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbxqiwwpiQ1tkslcoo6_400.gif
950KB, 290x222px
I choppy choppy your peepee

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H21c_PgASHE
>>
File: Brian-Pillman-e1358131709346.jpg (29KB, 375x274px) Image search: [Google]
Brian-Pillman-e1358131709346.jpg
29KB, 375x274px
This
>>
File: tumblr_llpixsBScW1qj2qito1_500.jpg (42KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llpixsBScW1qj2qito1_500.jpg
42KB, 456x352px
Career ender
>>
>>809570
I didnt watch at this time
Was this around about the same time as big mommas house coming out?
>>
>>809558
What the what

The attitude era was weird
>>
>>809582
I guess that would make some sense
>vince finally sees big mommas house
PAUL HAVE YOU SEEN BIG MOMMAS HOUSE! ITS FUNNY AS FUCK!
'yea pops i watched it years ago when it came out'
WHATEVER, IM A BUSY MAN JUST GOT AROUND TO IT BUT ITS FUNNY AS FUCK! WE SHOULD PUT THAT SHELTON KID WITH A WOMAN WHO LOOKS LIKE BIG MAMA AS HIS MANAGER BECAUSE HIS PROMOS SUCK
'well i guess thats one way, but idk vince its been a while'
I DONT GIVE A FUCK IM VINCE MCMAHON DAMNIT AND ITS FUNNY AS FUCK TO ME LETS DO IT!
>>
>>809659
I read it with teyr voices and I kek'd really hard
>>
>>809693
*their, I fucked up
>>
>>807106
To make Matt Hardy kill himself.
>>
Eugene was dope, I'm glad they did that. I miss when wrestling was new and exciting and tried the shock factor.

The Cole getting literally raped by Heidenreich tho was weird. YouTube it if you haven't already seent it
>>
>>809570
I actually liked the big momma gimmick tbhfam

>>809357
This segment was so shit. I rememver the TNA chants.
>>
>>809566

That feud, and particular, that segment, was pure genius though.
It might be totally off the wall crazy, but god damn, it's still being talked about to this day for good reason.
>>
>>809757
Who was that tall wrestler that would sit on everyone's face?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 642x361px
Is no one else here old enough to remember this abomination?
>>
Eugene being saved by the Hulkster was GOAT.
>>
Rapy Kurt Angle
>>
>>806769
Fuckin' Hell, I forgot all about Heidenreich. He wasn't too bad as a midcard jobber
>>
File: 1408468034387.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1408468034387.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>809997
So, just regular old Kurt?
>>
>>809997
>Bestiality sex
>>
>>809998
I always thought he was written pretty well as a heel but when they went Legion of Doom it was all pretty dumb. He came from being bad ass heel to retard lacky.

That titantron theme though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_doggNYvd0
>>
>>809997
>>810002
I never understood why they chose this specific phrase. Were they calling Sharmelle a monkey? Was Kurt Angle a rapist and a racist?
>>
>>810003
Yeah, dude. Seriously one of the sickest themes WWE ever came out with
>>
>>810007
I honestly think Angle isn't a dirty talker and just threw out something that seemed like to be real dirty in his mind but came out totally wrong.
>>
>>810007
I think he meant to say bestial and bestiality spilled out.
>>
>>810010
I'm almost sure that segment happened on SmackDown. Why did they not retape that shit? I mean just to possibility of some kid asking their parents what bestiality meant or looking it up on the internet just seems like a pr disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>810013
That was still RA era, and I guess most people got the gist of what he tried to say.
>>
>>810014
10 year old me just thought he wanted to rough fuck her
>>
>>808233
Anyone remember Kwee Wee? They should try it again with Tyler Breeze.
>>
>>806893
>>group of evil male cheerleaders who are packed into a box mailed to Antartica and never heard of again

Weren't they mailed back to florida as a joke that they were going back down to developemental.
>>
>>810112
Weren't they still using OVW back then?
>>
>>810114
yea, this, it was OVW.
>>
>>810003

I know a lot of people rolled their eyes at Heidenreich in LOD, but I'll say this....even though it was a generally bad idea to try to fit him as part of that legendary team, I always liked how they built up Heidy's eventual acceptance as part of LOD...

If I remember correctly, during a promo MNM made fun of Animal about Hawk being dead (Vince using a real-life death in a feud....surprise, surprise). Animal was visibly upset and angry with their remarks, and Heidenreich came out and defended Animal from them. Later on, Animal asked Heidy to be an LOD member, and Heidy said no because he didn't want to try to replace Hawk...then Animal told him he wasn't replacing Hawk, but rather just trying to get a good tag partner...

Then over the next few weeks, they showed that Heidy shaved his hair, put on the paint, slowly transitioning...until he finally debuted with the shoulder spikes along with Animal....

I know it sounds corny in text form - and again, Heidy and Animal as LOD was a tough pill to swallow for older fans - but they honestly couldn't have done a better job TRYING to make that idea work. It's really too bad that most fans just remember Heidenreich for raping Michael Cole instead.
>>
>>810091
That guy was awesome. Remember how in the dying days there was literally nobody that was face and fans actually chanted for Kwee Wee once
>>
>>810303
>Then over the next few weeks, they showed that Heidy shaved his hair, put on the paint, slowly transitioning...until he finally debuted with the shoulder spikes along with Animal....
it was a good slow build because like you said little by little they showed him becoming a member of L.O.D. and then boom animal gave him his own spiked shoulder pads and he looked legit.
>>
File: Angry-Jon-Heidenreich.jpg (108KB, 894x690px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Jon-Heidenreich.jpg
108KB, 894x690px
>>810003
Retard Heidenreich was pretty sweet
>>
>>809659
>I DONT GIVE A FUCK IM VINCE MCMAHON DAMNIT AND ITS FUNNY AS FUCK TO ME LETS DO IT!
ACHOOOOO!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
I've always been a Gillberg fan
>>
>>809582
I like to think it was a jab at Buff Bagwell
>>
>>811090
yeah even just looking at the thumbnail i was like "hey it's judy bagwell"
>>
>>810364
Heidenreich's Biggest win
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1o934_road-warriors-vs-mnm-tag-titles_sport
>>
>>808233
But Dean Ambrose is already using the wardrobe...
>>
Pretty much anything with Hornswoggle
>Him being the back up for Vince's Bastard Son
>Him being the Secret Raw General Manager
>Him wishing to talk from Santa Foley
>Him joining D-Generation X when it reformed in 2006 which also stupid because Haitch and Shawn were like mid 30s act like frat boys
>>
>>809997
Anyone got the link to that promo? That was pure gold.
>>
Remember when Kane and Lita got married and Lita got kayfabe pregnant and kayfabe miscarried?
Yeaaaaaah.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.