[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE's biggest what ifs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: GregHelms.jpg (54KB, 547x502px) Image search: [Google]
GregHelms.jpg
54KB, 547x502px
Thread for the truly heartbreaking stories that were supposed to happen but didn't.

Gregory Helms is a really sad story about what couldve been. He was given the green light for a huge main event push that would have seen him win the World Heavyweight title around 2007- 2008 and be a headlining superstar. Vince had a lot of high hopes for Helms mostly for his dedication and willingness to just go with the flow. Helms was going to be bigger than ever. That was derailed when he was in his motorcycle accident back in may of 2007.

It was also rumored that had he not gone back to his hurricane Helms gimmick during his 2008 return, he could have been put back into his place he was in prior to the accident and been a threat for a world title run. Instead he had a mediocre run as the hurricane from 08-2010 when ECW went defunct for the 2nd time. Such a bummer.
>>
His neck injury put him on thin ice, and then he got that DUI while he had THAT GUT

Tough break. He was in TNA's Bound for Glory this year just for a bit and still looked out of shape.
>>
>>803937
Yeah tough break about his neck. Hes wrestling on borrowed time. And what's worse is he was significantly older than Edge when his happened. I'll give Helms another 5 years at most before he hangs up the Cape and mask
>>
What if WWE made their schedule more reasonable (breaks between tours like puro or less nights wrestling per week) which allowed them to de-sterilize their style and have fresh matches?
>>
>>803954
Like an offseason?
>>
>>803928
> Gregory fucking Helms was going to get a WHC push

You'll forgive me if I don't even pretend to believe this
>>
>>803958
No, just more breaks so the stress and physical impact is less. Depending on the time era and puro company, the average schedule would be a total tour of ~2-3 months. One week they do five nights wrestling (not always in a row), the next they might do four, the next five, so on. Sometimes they only wrestle two or three nights a week. After the 2-3 month tour is done, they take a week or two off. Then on tour again. Plus you usually have one PPV per month, and these matches are generally more strenuous.

Japan is also a lot smaller than America. It may seem as though WWE would lose money having breaks, but then you take the travel costs and talents into account. By talents, I mean injuries wise. Puro matches are usually longer and the style is rougher, but WWE's schedule is a meat grinder. Bumping, lifting and running every night will hurt you more in the long run.

With less stress and wear 'n tear, WWE could reintroduce dangerous moves like piledrivers. Plus a lot of their talent has indy experience; they've given and received moves banned in WWE. Though the length of the matches is another thing; until all the childish segments are shortened or removed, it's certain that they'll never have a proper pro wrestling product.
>>
>>803967
I don't blame you. But if you listen to his YouShoot and his podcast and various online interviews, Vince McMahon and Undertaker had a lot of faith in Helms and saw him as someone who could head a whole roster. I never really saw him as WINNING the belt. More of having the match and being in the main event scene. Much like R Truth in 2011
>>
>>803969
I see where your coming from. Puro in Japan, specifically NJPW in my taste, never fails to put on excellent matches. Giving the talent breaks really let's them rebuild what may have been torn down in terms of physical health. Sadly I don't see WWE doing such a thing because they pride themselves on their constant work schedule and weekly programming.
>>
>>803972
> if you listen to HIS shoot

There is no reactionface condescending enough to adequately dismiss this
>>
>>803978
I get where you're coming from. With a singular source persisting of stories with no viable evidence, it could be hard to separate the truth from the bullshit. But Shane Helms has built a reputation for being a straight shooter. And it would be really out of the ordinary for a guy like him to make up stuff like that just for the pure purpose of entertainment. Although I've only ever talked to him once, its very apparent that he's not exactly the type to lie about that kind of thing just for the possibility of someone thinking slightly higher of him for it
>>
>>803958

>Like an offseason?

They should totally have an offseason.
>>
HBK was supposed to have a biker gimmick
Undertaker could have been a viking
Bret Hart almost had a cowboy gimmick
>>
>>804506
advertisers and stockholders will have a heart attack though.
Only way I see this working is if they have best ofs or put on some random documentary but even that wont fill 5 hours each week for lets say a month.
>>
>>804559
>Bret Hart almost had a cowboy gimmick
would have worked honestly
>>
>>803928
stick to your fucking containment general, Joseph-Bob
>>
Wasn't Brian Kendrick being pushed to be the next Shawn Michaels?

He had an abbreviated name, a giant bodyguard, some decent TV time and a shot at the title.

What happened?
>>
File: CEKt4z3WIAEPlhG.jpg (656KB, 600x819px) Image search: [Google]
CEKt4z3WIAEPlhG.jpg
656KB, 600x819px
>>803928

>watching old WCW videos on youtube
>Dusty, Ric, Arn, and... T.A. Magnum?
>who's this guy
>damn he's good
>and he's holding the US belt so obviously the suits recognize his talent
>and he's younger than these other guys
>so why the hell wasn't he active when Nitro premiered in 1995?
>what a waste of talent!
>check out his bio on wikipedia

>.........oh
>>
>>804642
He was constantly high during his matches and promos
>>
Owen Hart would've been The Game
CM Punk would've have been future endeavored in '06 if it wasn't for Shawn Michaels
Cena would've never been a rapper if it wasn't for the smackdown halloween party
>>
>>804642
he couldnt put down the pot, even if it meant not getting his big push and eventually released. Hes said since then he regrets it (surprise surprise) but that he was young and dumb and in a different place. HHH seems to be ok with him again since he let him be in NXT and they pay for him to train eva.
>>
>>804506
8 months of WWE. 4 months of NXT guys replacing the main roster while the main roster goes on vacation. Would this be workable?
>>
File: QF8sfRl.jpg (822KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
QF8sfRl.jpg
822KB, 3264x2448px
>>
The one that always fucks me up is realizing that if the Benoit thing happened a week later, he would have been ECW Champ at the time. Which...he wasn't a small name by that point, but the blowback if he was an active world champ would have been intense.

Also, Benoit vs. Punk would have happened.

Feels like a trolly response but I think about this a lot.
>>
>>804506
Why not do live Raw one week, the tape one in a later day in the week to play next Monday. Now that there's no competition taping shoe so talent can get time off seems like the way to go.
>>
>>804506
All they would have to do is cycle people in and out. I really don't know why they don't do this already.
>>
>>804954
Do only six ppvs a year since they don't rely on ppv buys at all now. Load up the network with a shit load of content to midigate having six less ppvs a year. Maybe do more of those super house shows like the ones from Tokyo and New York.
>>
>>805378
No. Don't fucking do this. This is what TNA is doing right now. It completely fucks up the flow of storylines. It's fucking terrible. It's why TNA seems so completely directionless. Without the restriction of PPVs being used to culminate feuds, you just get a bunch of long drawn out storylines with absolutely anticlimactic endings. Out of all the shitty things TNA has done, doing away with most of their PPVs is by far the worst.
>>
>>805610
NXT takeovers exist and do things well. TNA doesn't do shit well.
>>
>>805378
>midigate

Read more books.
>>
>>804812
Didn't he talk a lot of shit about Triple H, Vince and a bunch of other wrestlers while high with Paul London on a shoot interview? I'm surprised he's back in the company.
>>
>>805960
he was high and drunk as fuck during it so he probably told him as much, the second shoot was very very tame when he was sober aside from his theories about aleins and holograms and such.
>>
They should just do less house shows.
>>
>>804642
Huge ego, little humility
>>
>what if Teddy Hart wasn't a pompous asshole
>what if Melina wasn't a crazy slut
>what if the Hardy Boys didn't destroy Mercury's face
>what if the E had listened to that Harvard prick about concussions and the dangers of being hit on the head with steel chairs
>what if Rock didn't decide to be a full time actor
>what if the E didn't go PG
>>
File: teddyjomobelt.jpg (44KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
teddyjomobelt.jpg
44KB, 320x480px
>>806756
>>what if Teddy Hart wasn't a pompous asshole
if owen didnt die he wouldnt be, and teddy would be tearing up the WWE as we speak cutting great promos and putting on good to great matches.
>>what if Melina wasn't a crazy slut
jomo would have been at the very least a 2 time former world heavyweight champion and possibly a one time WWE champ and probably in the mainevent right now, she would be in the mid to top of the divas division.
>>what if Rock didn't decide to be a full time actor
he would be a partimer right now while having a semi decent movie career.
>what if the E didn't go PG
they would have half the money they do right now.
>>
>>806762
>they would have half the money they do right now.

It pains me but this is completely true.
We'd love the product and amongst its fans it would be adored but mainstream society on the whole would reject it to a much greater degree.
>>
>>806762
>Melina
It aggravates me to no end how much that batshit Puerto Rican fucked up and continues to fuck up Jomo's life. He easily could've been in the HOF.
>>
>>806774
Wait, what did Melina do?
>>
>>806762
It was Teddy's older brother dying at 13 that did him in more than Owen
>>
>>806785
Didn't she fuck Batista then cup check John to do something about it or something like that?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.