[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will he be the best in the world in the UFC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: 466621672.jpg (116KB, 427x594px) Image search: [Google]
466621672.jpg
116KB, 427x594px
Will he be the best in the world in the UFC?
>>
hes a barely trained amateur that was only allowed in because he brings a draw

he has a background in kempo, like every 6 year old that has ever taken a karate class
and a blue belt in jiujitsu.
They are going to throw him up against a cream puff a few times to see if he can even survive against low tier people before they let him fight actual fighters.
>>
>>803861
Wouldn't it make them more money to pair him up against a legit world class fighter in his first fight? I mean he fights a bunch of no name amateurs and potentially loses, the hype will die down when people realize he sucks. He fights someone legit, Dana gets a huge payday and gets to shittalk pro wrestling as a former world champion gets knocked the fuck out in 10 seconds of his UFC debut.
>>
>>803865
Dana gets a huge payday and gets to shittalk pro wrestling as a former world champion gets knocked the fuck out in 10 seconds of his UFC debut.

dana doesn't give a fuck about pro wrestling looking bad and is only doing this because CM is a draw to attract wrestling fans
>>
>>803885
Why is he so bitter about WWE? He didn't like Rhonda going to WM31
>>
>>803853
Last digit of this post is how many wins CM Punk will have in UFC.
>>
>>803865
You assume he will get knocked out. Calm down, he hasn't fought anyone yet
>>
>>803853
>arms have cut to half of the size that they were
Holy shit how much weight is this nigga cutting?
>>
>>803886
People like him are literally marks. They're stuck in a separate timeline where people still don't know wrestling is fake in 2015. This board, /sp/, and a lot of the world's population are there with him. They're angry because they think their real athletes deserve more credibility than fake wrestlers, which they rightfully do get. They don't seem to understand that we give sports entertainers credit for their performance, and only give them sporting credit for their legit credentials.

They post revelations such as "pro wrestler CM Punk is going to get murdered in UFC", as if we actually thought he was going to beat anybody credible.
>>
>>803913
Rumor is he's going down to 170
>>
File: natepunkwhy.jpg (23KB, 634x252px) Image search: [Google]
natepunkwhy.jpg
23KB, 634x252px
>>803913
what it takes to avoid the diaz brothers for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>803853

Now I finally understand why prowrestling has become a part of /asp/..

>>803861

Don't underestimate that he's already an athlete of a "contact sport" and has experience with performing in public, and good nerves are a good thing to have.

I don't think he's stupid, he has the money and the name to train full time under the best coaches. And even if he gets beaten up he'll just return to prowrestling, probably with a bigger fan crowd than before.
>>
He grew a droopy bitch titty.
>>
File: hT8HZw5.jpg (227KB, 1200x1101px) Image search: [Google]
hT8HZw5.jpg
227KB, 1200x1101px
>>803917
> anon dont you know wrestling is fake? do you authentically believe wrestling is real?
>>
File: Gamegaming.gif (959KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Gamegaming.gif
959KB, 250x141px
>>803853
>post yfw when Punk gets knocked out in the 1st
>>
>>803903
Last digit of this post is how many losses CM Punk will have in UFC.
>>
>>803853
Why does it look like he hasn't worked out a day in his life?
>>
>>803885
>because CM is a draw to attract wrestling fans

The reason I even started watching UFC was cause of Brock so it's pretty good business because the crossover between WWE and UFC is huge and with how shitty WWE is right now, UFC is more than sound relief.
>>
I hope he doesn't lose, but I hope he has a mediocre career with losses equal to wins. Just so he doesn't seem like a laughing stock and can return to WWE with some pride
>>
>>804252

Cause he's vegan
>>
>>804264
dana is going through something similar a lot of his draws are getting hurt or barely coming back, hes scrambling trying to put together good cards that people actually want to watch/buy.
>>
>>804278
>Crybaby
>vegan
>is married to a teenage indian boy
>doesnt drink or do drugs
Does it get any more pathetic?
>>
save.us.punk
>>
>>803865
Why would any one shit talk "pro wrestling" because a "former champ" couldn't cut it in the UFC?

Is it so hard to understand that pro wrestling is not, does not claim to be, and is understood by no one except 5-year-olds, to be a combative competition?

It's like saying some one would shit talk movies if Robert de Niro got into a real boxing ring after making Raging Bull for some reason and got creamed.

You do understand that all that pro-wrestlers do is pretend moves where all of their strength and effort is going into trying not to hurt themselves or others as much as is physically possible, right? Oh, and they practice trying to make fake moves look like they had some effect so that people sitting at the back of arenas can tell what the hell is going on.

Acting for a second like Dana thinks he needs to "prove that real fighting is hard!" or that "fake fight play actors don't have what it takes to fight my guys" suggests that you either think he is retarded or that the general public is retarded.

No one thinks that if Hulk Hogan went into the octagon, he'd start losing the fight, but suddenly the crowd's cheers would get him to rally. He'd start shaking his head and suddenly Cain Velasquez's punches wouldn't have any effect! The Hulkster would block a punch and then unleash a slow, but somehow seemingly overwhelming series of punches before throwing Velasquez against the cage and delivering a big boot...

Stop shit posting.
>>
>>803853
He was dangerous in the WWE, he will destroy the UFC.
>>
File: 1448187903074.gif (920KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448187903074.gif
920KB, 200x200px
>>804356
tl;dr
>>
>>804356
true but at the same time the holds that pro wrestlers "fake" are legit holds with the right amount of force. a dude like dean malenko would be pretty hard to beat in the octagon all things considered. don't think punk will be a total pushover
>>
>>804311
Straight edge people with tons of tattoos are nothing but a walking contradiction, they are the epitome of stupidity.

But he's such a hardcore punk am I right?

Punk is a bitch.
>>
File: green.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
But why is CM not fighting Jason David Frank?

>Punk fears the green dragon.
>>
>>805992
JDF would destroy punk in seconds, hes like a black belt in a bunch of different martial arts, he has already had a few MMA fights as well and last time i looked they werent close either and he ended them pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1409262813345.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1409262813345.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>804445
i don't get why a person would paint themselves up in a way that screams "i cannot be trusted with a decent hotel room or public bathroom key" when they're not going to even smoke a joint, let alone get blackout drunk and shoot up
>>
>>803886
>He didn't like Rhonda going to WM31

No shit, it's why she was booked to lose the belt.
>>
>>803853
Wtf man I almost have the exact same physique
>>
>>806195

You should become a UFC fighter
>>
>>806184
Go to bed, Tazz
>>
File: its.gif (928KB, 402x246px) Image search: [Google]
its.gif
928KB, 402x246px
>>806184
>>
>>803853
No.
Now, I'll give him this. He is taking the tools of success and running with them. He's training incredibly hard, and everybody who is working with him or has seen him train are thoroughly impressed with how dedicated he is. He's listening to his trainers down to the letter which is really good for a new guy.

He's not going to be undefeated. Optimistically he's going to be a really entertaining fighter with an above-average record. At worst he's going to do just fine. But I wouldn't hop on a hype train for him.
>>
He is going to be asskicked, and then he will cry and return to WWE.
>>
I don't think he'll be as bad or as good as either side of this argument thinks he will be.
>>
>>806590
Do you think that the average pro fighter in the UFC is just some fucking joke who can get beaten up by an actor? I don't care if Punk is channeling the ghost of Evan Tanner. He is going to lose and if he doesn't, then I refuse to believe that he ever fought anyone who was not a complete can. This shit will never be taken seriously as long as these circus sideshow acts keep popping up.
>>
>>806615
I'm 60% sure this is bait, but whatever.
CM Punk has an extensive background in martial arts. That already has him able to compete at some amateur level.

However, just calling a pro-wrestler an actor is a bit too simplified. Professional wrestling training camps are very brutal, training one in everything from acrobatics to extreme physical endurance. It's why you get these 6'+ people able to do these crazy moves and jumps neither you nor I can do, it's why they're able to take bumps like chair shots or botched moves really well, among other things. So it's not that pro wrestling is just something you and I can do. I bring this up because it goes to show that it's not that rough of a transition between pro-wrestling and MMA. People do it all the time, and it'll become more frequent as pro-wrestling shrinks as an industry as the years go on.

But while I disagree with you on that level, I doubt he's going to be a Ronda Rousey or a Golovkin. My opinion? He's going to be around Uriah Hall tier. Capable and with a lot of potential, but not necessary living up to it. He'll do fine if he plays his cards right.
>>
>>806625
>He's going to be around Uriah Hall tier
How clueless can you be? CM Punk is 40 year old man with 1 year experience in the gym. He won't even fight anyone from the UFC's division because they are light years ahead of him. His career will be comparable to that of Kimbo Slice.
>>
>>803865
Sure, the payday is relatively big, but you've got to look at it on a longer-term scale. Though each payday is not as fruitful as a tree, the sum of the fruit of each tree in the orchard is larger than that of the large tree.
>>
>>806635
>His career will be comparable to that of Kimbo Slice.

kekd hard
>>
>>806625
Fuck off. Pro wrestling is hard but its only carry over to MMA is athleticism, just as any other professional athlete. Uriah Hall possesses a lifetime of experience in the martial arts, whereas CM Punk has little to no experience outside of pro wrestling. I have never seen him fight and there exists no record of him competing. People forget that a guy like Brock Lesnar was a national champion of collegiate wrestling, which arguably has the greatest carryover to someone training MMA. Thinking that CM Punk will be like Uriah Hall is retarded.
>>
He will be along the lines of Brok Lesnar. but in a parallel universe.
>>
>>806615
>I refuse to believe that he ever fought anyone who was not a complete can.
Let's see how you hold up in the ring against these "cans" you're referring to.
>>
>>806718
We aren't talking about me. We are talking about CM Punk. I know I would lose to a professional fighter. I would lose to most amateurs who train consistent. I don't claim to be able to break into a sport after having no fighting experience just to make a mockery of it. CM Punk and his legion of fanboys do make these claims.
>>
>>806682
>Pro wrestling is hard but its only carry over to MMA is athleticism

Because dealing with blunt force trauma to the entire body isn't a common theme in both sports because wrestling is fake and not a sport, amirite?
>>
>>806887
>rugby and football don't have this to a greater degree
Yeah Hulkamania has a real carryover
>>
He looks like shit. Did he look this terrible when he was wrestling?
>>
>>808543
Yeah, his physique and non threatening presence has been a running joke for wrestling fans for a decade
>>
>>806887
it's easy to prep for pain you know is coming

it's the blow you don't see coming that gets you.
>>
>>806625
>Capable and with a lot of potential

>37 years old
>>
>>804178
>mandrama actors

>"athletes"

Pick uno
>>
>>809478
You literally cried when Brock won the UFC Heavyweight Title didn't you?
>>
>>809479
He cried, then he started jerking himself off slowly.
>>
I love how UFC are using Punk's ring name in all their official releases. Have they done anything like this before?
>>
File: aidsvictim.jpg (95KB, 634x792px) Image search: [Google]
aidsvictim.jpg
95KB, 634x792px
>>803853
He would get killed.

He is in shape bit not built like a UFC fighter. Also he knows only fake wrestling moves not MMA or kick boxing. He would get destroyed moments after the match started
>>
>>803853
He'll probably have 7 fights at most, and lose at least 4 of them.
>>
>>808551
>it's the blow you don't see coming that gets you.
>implying that doesn't happen in wrestling all the time
>>
File: 1.jpg (23KB, 217x328px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23KB, 217x328px
>>809550
>Also he knows only fake wrestling moves not MMA or kick boxing.
Objectively incorrect. Nice try tho.
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 192x160px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 192x160px
>>804356
>>
>>809550
Why is is stance like that? He looks like a girl
>>
>be me
>post exactly the same thread
>five replies in a week
>>
File: '80s Taker and Hall.jpg (29KB, 306x432px) Image search: [Google]
'80s Taker and Hall.jpg
29KB, 306x432px
>>810911

You must be a faggot or worse, a nigger.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.