[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/, how would you have booked it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 4

WWE chose perhaps the safest option. I was naively hoping for Owens to win via Ambrose interference on Reigns to set up for a new WWEWHC landscape with Owens on top and a top-level feud in heel Ambrose and Reigns (among some other options).

What would you have done?
>>
Cesaro defeats Roman in quarter-finals. Internet flips out.
>>
>>788233
Sent /wwe/ to /tv/ with the rest of the fictional garbage
>>
Pay CM Punk a gorillion bucks to come back as Triple H's new fuccboi
>>
I would have Reigns win semi and ambrose lose. Reigns has the absolute shit raped out of his arm by KO but wins by some shitty heel shit after he has a last resort to it. Sheamo cashes in and wins like currently and as he celebrates HHH coms out and says he has his first title defense right now. Enter Daniel Bryan. He wins we have a real champ. Lesner and Bryan are scheduled for WM against each other Ceasaro wins next money in the bank and eventually cashes in on Daniel for the win.
>>
File: 6330.jpg (28KB, 327x480px) Image search: [Google]
6330.jpg
28KB, 327x480px
>>788407
Just have Reigns cheat to beat Ambrose and sell out

He's fucking done as a babyface

It's not going to work

> we will never see CompanyMan Punk

This would've been SO good
>>
File: 1385152148453.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1385152148453.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>788537
18+
>>
I would have booked Del Rio to win then drop the shitty Mex America gimmick.
>>
>>788593
> Alberto with a world title

CERO COMPRAS
>>
Sheamus comes in with trips during the final spot, distracting Roman and letting Dean hit another dd for the pin. Sheamus hits a brogue on Deanetty but Roman makes the save before the cash-in is made official. When Dean comes to he plants another DD on Reigns in confusion as Trips and Sheamus make their way up the ramp. Dean can transition into a heel on his own with everyone constantly reminding him how shoddy his win was while Sheamus can be the authority's guy. Not that great but it's not like they have much to work with at the moment.
>>
What was annoying was the narrative of "Roman's been so close so many times" when realistically he was in 2 title matches, the fatal fourway shield and orton, and Wrestlemania vs. Bork.

Dean actually pinned Seth in a title match, fell off a ladder with the title in his hand but ultimately lost it and was also in the fatal 4 way match. Dean's been closer more times than Roman.
>>
>>788613
I like Sheamus but ADR is definitely a better world champ then him. The Hispanic audience is a bigger market than the Irish one.

>>788635
Eh. The "so close" narrative is kind of a fourth wall thing because most fans know they've been very close to putting the title on him for a while.
>>
>>788640
Alberto was a good world champ...as the AAA Mega Champ.

WWE has no fucking clue how to use him.
>>
>>788635
You're forgetting MITB last year, as well as the Battleground Fatal 4-Way where The Authority didn't want Reigns to be WHC so they...put him in a WHC match.
>>
Roman wins by allying himself with the Authority, then have Dean chase the title.
>>
>>788645
They don't but they should be able to. He came back with a lot of momentum and they literally gave him the worst gimmick possible, honestly maybe one of the worst ever that wasn't a cartoon character type.
>>
>>788651
Corporate Roman
>>
>>788656
WWE "should" be able to do a lot of things, but as long as the senile old fuck is in charge they won't
>>
>Dean loses to Owens
>comes out at Reigns vs Owens
>he slides a steel chair in the ring for Reigns
>Reigns refuses
>ref arguing with Ambrose
>Owens hits a low blow and rolls up Reigns
>Owens wins the title
>Reigns looks pissed off at Dean
>Reigns looks really heelish, like he's about to turn
>Ambrose hits him with the Dirty Deeds turning heel
>Triple H comes out to congratulate Owens and Shake his hand
>Owens turns around and gets hit with a Dirty Deeds from out of nowhere
>Ambrose grabs Owens belt and gets in Triple H's face and tells him that he's his guy
>>
>>788659
Pretty much.

It helped the Rock be over, and it could have helped Roman.

Now Roman is pretty much screwed.
>>
>>788664
Screwing over another babyface, even one as shit as Reigns, doesn't make Ambrose a face.

Russo go home.
>>
>>788667
Reigns could use the reaction tonight as his eventual impetus for giving in, selling out and turning heel

...but that won't happen as long as Vince has a chub for him
>>
Reigns heel turn.

You get your strap on bbygurl, all of Reigns' natural heat explodes and goes nuclear, Deano's already high babyface popularity skyrockets, and you've got a program that will last the next few months that people will actually tune in to Raw to see.

Both of them would have gotten insanely over from this. I honestly have no idea what Vince, Dunn and HHH were thinking.
>>
>>788651
>>788659
This, it would have gotten both massively over.

Ambrose feuds for the title for a long time, maybe gets it at one point and then, with a corporate stable headed by Roman beating him down at one point, fucking FACE ROLLINS returns to clean house, ending in the Three Way Shield WM main event we've all been waiting for.
>>
>>788677
HHH supposedly pushed for one of them to turn heel and win

Sheamus cashing in was a Vince idea

SAUCE: Mad Money Meltz
>>
>>788664
>Ambrose hits him with the Dirty Deeds turning heel

Did you not hear the crowd tonight? This would've gotten Ambrose MORE over as a face.
>>
>more build up of Triple H trying to get in Roman's ear
>Roman refuses over and over again
>Smackdown before the PPV Roman gets tired and superman punched Triple H
>Triple H comes out tries to screw him against Del Rio and fails
>tries to screw him again against Owens
>Paul Heyman comes out of fucking nowhere
>distracts Owens long enough for Roman to land a Superman punch
>Triple H had no idea what the fuck is going on
>Reigns wins the title
>Reigns and Heyman standing together in the ring while Triple H looks on pissed
>>
>>788682
> face Rollins

He should return as a heel.

Shield triple threat only works if all 3 of them are at-odds
>>
>>788690
> Reigns & Heyman

We've already seen that even Paul E can't polish that turd

I'd much rather they pay off the Heyman/Rollins alliance that was teased earlier this year
>>
>>788691
>wasting the return from injury pop on a NATURAL babyface who was always meant to play that role

Corporate Reigns, renegade Ambrose and face Rollins work perfectly as a three.
>>
>>788696
Reigns is going to get a push either way. Do you want him to do this shit on his own every week or do you want to see what Heyman could possibly do with him?
>>
>>788696
>implying the masterful way Paul E built up Reigns as the ultimate tweener wasn't a big reason why their eventual WM match was so fucking hype
>>
>>788698
Rollins might be a "natural" babyface in some regards, but he has killed it as a scumbag heel

Could always pull what ROH did with Adam Cole this year and have him return as a heel-turning-face only to heel it up at the worst possible time.

>>788701
But we already saw it and it wasn't good.

Reigns should be The Authority's goldenboy, 'cause he legit IS what they book Rollins as
>>
>>788711
That shit would be way too fucking meta for me.
>>
>>788720
Worked for Roman's Cousin
>>
>has a shitty character/mic skill/charisma
>actually sells "devastation/defeat" quite well

How the fuck does that work?
>>
>>788685
Jesus fucking Christ Vince.
>>
Anyone who doesn't rate reigns' ability but wants him to turn heel is just a child who wants his least favorites to be hated. Reigns can barely work the crowd as a face with big spots and a super protected moveset. Can you imagine him trying to work a crowd with heel moves and tactics. He'd be a few levels below current heel sheamus. Rollins had great heel energy but still couldn't work a crowd well as a heel. I shudder to think what someone with half the wrestling acumen and talent would do.
>>
>>788691
He should return as a hell, for one night, before HHH has the shit beat out of him by whoever is in the authority because he doesn't think he is A+ anymore.

That's how you create an anti-hero
>>
>>788735
Pretending to be exhausted and upset when you've just wrestled two matches in a night, been thrown around the ring some and have a stadium full of rednecks booing you when you are meant to be the hero isn't that much of a stretch.
>>
>>788735
Reigns doesn't need to act when it comes to fans shitting on him

He took his ascension to the top dog spot in WWE as a given, he got super-bumrumbled by what happened in the Royal Rumble this year
>>
>>788743
Getting chumped like that worked real well Orton in 2004
>>
>>788746

It's short attention span children like yourself which is killing wrestling.
>>
>>788742
But he's already hated.

Turning heel saved his Cuz's career, why not Reigns? He's never going to work as a babyface now.
>>
>>788742
You are overthinking it, not every heel and face have to wrestle the same way. A Corporate Reigns could hide his lack of skill with lots of cheating, interference, and just dragging the pace down and being boring.

While it's true that traditionally top heels have led matches, there is an even longer history of finesseless "Big Men" working heel.

Reigns' matches are never going to be his strong suit, but if he just acts exactly like he does now, but wears suits and dials up the smugness even more, he will garner WAY more heel heat than any face reaction he's ever gotten.
>>
>>788751
Same was true of The Rock before he joined The Nation. All they had to do is let Roman join HHH and speak his mind about the fans booing him and shit.

>>788752
It did, Orton became what he is because of injuries and immature locker room shit.
>>
>>788746
> 2 matches
> 23:03
>>
>>788753
Did you reply the wrong post? If not, where in cunting fuck did you get all that from.
>>
>>788759
Shitty cardio and samoan babyfat
>>
>>788758
I was moreso referring to Orton's babyface run post-Evolution being a total disaster on every level

People need to have agency in their turns, otherwise they just look like losers.
>>
>>788758
If he just word for word repeated some things he said in non kayfabe interviews he'd get instant heat.

The best characters are ones that use something real and then dial it up.
>>
>>788760
He's trying to get his meme of being some kind of wise, mature adult over

Because apparently booing a shitty babyface is a thing only those damn smark MILLENNIALS do, even though it's been happening since before that shitposter was even a glint in the milkman's eye
>>
>>788764
But I didn't say anything about my opinion of Roman Reigns in that post
>>
>>788759

You're saying that Reigns is the problem in this, you think Ambrose isn't any better?

Ambrose literally did ONE move to put away KO after getting his ass thoroughly kicked by him.
>>
>>788770
So why are these "short attention span children killing wrestling" then, sport?

And why were they booing Santana and cheering Savage during their IC Title change in 1985?
>>
When's the last time a pin or submission didn't come from a finishing move or foreign object in WWE?
>>
>>788773
I am >>788760 not >>788753
>>
>>788774
All of the many times matches have been won with roll-ups
>>
>>788772
> booking = workrate

Ambrose had a series of Iron Man Matches with Rollins in FCW.

Try again.
>>
>>788778
Sorry m8, I'm very tired
>>
>>788791
It's okay m80, this booking makes me tired too
>>
>>788788
I'm an Ambrose mark but technically most of those were 15 minute Iron Mans, the longest was 30 minute.

Ambrose does have pretty good conditioning though, probably better than Reign's, though we've only really seen his tested in Royal Rumbles so far.
>>
>>788794
30 minutes is still almost 10 minutes longer than anything Reigns has ever done, at a much more intensive pace as well
>>
>>788794
>>788798

I think the real question is, how is he in the ring during those matches? Was he "crisp" (as you guys like to call it), or was he a "Botchmaster" then also.
>>
>>788798
At a guess, I'd say that Reigns probably doesn't have very good conditioning, just from how he's always been protected from long matches, though the fact he only knows two moves is a part of that too
>>
>>788799
lol finish your "review" lil' Smarkbustuh

Your bbygurl a shit. Deal with it
>>
honestly was expecting a more WCW finish seeing as it was in Atlanta

I don't even mind that it's Sheamus, he's a good hand and can wrestle to the ability of any healthy person on the roster (other than Owens tBh). He'll probably have HHH in the "manager" role now. Raw will continue to be boring but it's going to be such a trainwreck from here on out I'll still watch it because one of my hobbies is complaining about wrestling on /wwe/.

BMJ will be back after TLC anyway.

Sucks that based fatass went down the way he did though.
>>
File: JustCallmeZaynOwensMark.jpg (478KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
JustCallmeZaynOwensMark.jpg
478KB, 1024x689px
>>788233
>I was naively hoping for Owens to win

LOSE WEIGHT
>>
>>788808

Avoiding the question?
>>
>>788799
Not really, that's an entirely different question in a different argument. Ambrose's style has ALWAYS been rough and ready, arms flailing everywhere, everything looking messy and desperate. It's his character work, just like Neville's flips or Cesaro's no wasted movement technical style. Both the guy watching on HDTV and the one in the back seats in the nosebleeds can both tell what his character is at an instant.
>>
>>788814

>Making excuses for Ambrose wrestling like a literal drunkard

Smarks have no shame
>>
>>788817
Jesus fuck you are actually braindamaged, amazing.
>>
>>788813
Considering that it was the third part in a series that got shockingly over, I'd say he did pretty well
>>
>>788798
>can only wrestle short matches
>only good at spearing people
>absolutely garbage on the mic
How long before he starts getting GOLDBERG chants?
>>
>>788817

If Ambrose's character was being a drunkard it would be fine though. But he's not, he's a "lunatic fringe", whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>788820
I'm 90% sure that he's the literally autistic Smarkbuster
>>
>>788823

Once he shaves his hair.
>>
>buries his friend who is actually over in 9 minutes
>literally booed during the confetti sequence
>even little jimmies booed him
>fucking sheamus got cheered cashing in
>huge pop for him winning
The Reigns is the top guy meme has to end now surely?

I wonder if they're desperately clearing DBry and phoning Cena to cancel his new show.
>>
>>788824
His character in the Indies was drunkard, and it hasn't really changed much. Lunatic Fringe is just PG Drunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5doU7nNx2W4
>>
>>788836
While you are retarded for misusing the concept of "burying", you are right on the other points. This was the most pathetic night yet for Reigns.

The boos weren't even loud, it was a mixture of indifference and disdain from the crowd, the worst fucking combo imaginable. No-one gave a fuck.

I haven't been watching RAW the last few months so I don't know if this crowd is a one off or not, but it was dangerously close to X-Pac heat.
>>
>>788852
When he rejected Haitch's offer on Raw, there were some serious boos until they piped in Smackdown cheers, same for when he went over Cesaro. Not indifferent, but not happy at all.
>>
>>788852
Bury waa strong obviously but Ambrose looked like a chump. It was exactly the same as the Bryan match at FL - one spear out of nowhere, clean pin, attempting to cool down the guy who is actually over.
>>
>>788886
I think he means in the sense that you have to have momentum for it to get buried in the first place, and Deannetty has none right now.
>>
>>788886
>attempting to cool down the guy who is actually over.
but roman won the actual match just lost because of MITB sheamoose
>>
>>788951
Yes, Ambrose lost, because they want to cool him down.

How are you not following this?
>>
>>788951
>roman is over
Fucking jimmies booed whem he won
>>
>>788886
Ambrose still won all his other matches, beat Kevin Owens and became the first non Brock Lesnar to kick out of Reign's spear ever.

Losing a main event (even a quick one) against kayfabe top face is not "burying" in any sense of the word. Its just doing the fucking job. Jesus christ, in the minds of some smarks everyone is constantly being "buried" every week, except for when they are being "pushed".

I said it earlier, but the real burying will be tonight on RAW.
>>
>>788970
Undertaker also kicked out Reigns's Spear
>>
>>788975
Fuck, when was that? I heard someone say that this was the first non Brock spear kick out, but I haven't been watching in a while, I just assumed they were right lel.
>>
>>788977
Shield took on Team Hell No & The Undertaker on the London RAW back in 2013

Ambrose even got a singles match against Undertaker on that week's SmackDown!
>>
>>788982
Fuck, I was wondering if it would've been that match, that was the only time I know of them facing eachother.

I was at that RAW lel, maybe that's why I can't remember specifics of it I was too fucking hype.
>>
>>788970
>Losing a main event (even a quick one) against kayfabe top face is not "burying" in any sense of the word.
Unless it's Nexus, KO, or Rusev.
>>
>>788991
No.

What happens time and time again is that smarks get behind someone, want them to do well and win all their matches, and when WWE put a blocker on that by making them lose, the smarks decide that that wrestler is now "buried" and it's the end for them, because Vince McMahon didn't have the same plans for where that wrestler would be on the card to the smarks.

Which isn't to say that Vince doesn't bury wrestlers left right and centre, and that the process doesn't often START with a big loss, but they are not the same thing. Being buried is being made to look like you are not a threat, talked down etc, and literally "buried" in the undercard.
>>
>>788774
Kozlov pinned the Undertaker after a slam off the top rope in like 2009
>>
>>788999
Yeah, things turned out real great for Barrett after Cena no-sold death and made him tap out in under 3 minutes!
>>
>>789002
Did you not read any of that post?
>>
>>788233
>What would you have done?
* Just put the title on him. Just fucking do it already. Seriously. Enough with this horse shit. Reigns is not a underdog like Daniel Bryan. Booking him like Daniel Bryan is horse shit. Put the fucking title on him and let him have the run.

* Sheamus fails to cash in and fucks back off to the mid-card, because Roman vs Sheamus as the main event up to the next PPV is not going to be good. Holy fucking shit, people.

* If anyone turns "heel", it's Reigns but he doesn't join the authority. Rather he opposes it like a tweener because he's better than them and tries to dismantle it, Austin-style (because EVERYTHING eventually comes back to Austin vs McMahon again, and again, and again, and the twentieleventh time you do it is just tradition at this point).

* Ambrose and Owens continue to have good matches, with each other and with others. Owens goes home to his beautiful wife. Ambrose goes home with his beautiful girlfriend. All is well in the upper mid-card section.
>>
>>789004
Oh, I did. He's so off-base that he should book for WWE
>>
>>789056
You completely seemed to miss the point though.

You are confusing losing a single match to a top star to the burying that comes after. This is natural, because the loss is what alerted YOU to the fact the wrestler would probably be buried afterwards, but they are not the same fucking thing.
>>
Have Roman win clean and have sheamus cash in and deano dqs sheamus
>>
>>789058
Cena wrecking the top 2 members in Nexus after no-selling a spot which can shoot KILL someone is a burial.
>>
>>789064
No it is fucking not, the burial is none of them being treated as threats ever again, which is what came after.
>>
>>789071
But after that match Nexus was actually booked reasonably strong

It just didn't matter 'cause nobody bought it

> losing 2-on-1 after nearly killing somebody isn't a burial
>>
>>789080
Okay I admit you might be right on this one, I don't really know what I am talking about in this instance as I had stopped watching in that entire period. In rare occasions there are some pieces of booking that are so fucking damaging in one night someone can be buried and no longer taken seriously by anyone, but it's not "every time you ever lose", like some people use it. Maybe this was one of those times, I'll have to take your word for it.
>>
>>789084
Never said that it was every time somebody ever loses now did I?

If you need a more contemporary analogy, it would be like if The Shield or Kevin Owens lost in their main roster debut.

They'd be fucking done.
>>
>>789089
Well this whole thing started with some retard thinking that Ambrose losing clean in an even match to the company's main goldenboy at the end of a TOURNAMENT and the main event of a Big 4 PPV is being "buried".

Literally the only fucking way that could've been further from a burial would have been if it wasn't a clean loss. But some people genuinely seem to think that every loss is a burial, even this one which is fucking obviously as far from a brutal as clean losses ever get.
>>
>>789097
WWE are very cleary trying to cool Ambrose off, it's pretty obvious
>>
>>789099
There I agree with you m8. I'm not saying he won't be buried, they'll almost certainly try, starting tonight on RAW. The only thing that might have saved him is the crowd reactions in the main event, it wasn't "mixed" for Reigns, it was entirely against him or indifferent, in a mark city.
>>
>>789114
> crowd reactions matter

Watch this year's Royal Rumble again.
>>
>>789127
Well I said it before but the worst thing about that reaction wasn't the boos, it was the lack of cheers. Some people booed, most didn't give a single fuck.

Indifference is what Vince fears, he's built his company around "controversial" faces that get booed every week for over a decade now.
>>
>>789136
Apathy never stopped him from pushing guys before

Look at who's WWE Champion!
>>
>>789155
Yeah it has, countless times.

I'm not saying he'll stop pushing Reigns, just that the fact that he's getting quiet or poor reactions where Ambrose is getting pops, where one has entire programs built around making him look good and the other is shitted on by the entire commentary team every week and just gets the occasional short match,might make him think twice about completely burying Ambrose. Ambrose has been the "Back up" Reigns for a while now, ready to be included in any program with him in to rub off some of that overness. I could see Vince not wanting to completely lose that, just as things stand right now. The top of the card is looking scarily weak right now.
>>
>>789161
There IS no back-up to Reigns

Vince is all-in on BBYGURL
>>
Why does Vince refuse to turn Reigns heel?

He's going to continue to get Xpac heat until he's a heel for about 6-12 months.

Then you can turn him into a babyface.
>>
>>789175
It's stubbornness/pride. He's always had this problem. He can be brilliant at times and scarily quick at reacting to what the fans want WHEN HE CHOOSES, but when Vincent Kennedy McMahon decides someone is going to be pushed, not hell, high water or the entire wrestling community are going to change his mind.
>>
>>789175
Because then he'd have to admit that he was WRONG

Also it means that Reigns might actually have to job clean.
>>
>>789168
Well the evidence that you are wrong is pretty clear in the last year or so of booking. Ambrose was the one whom he had feuding with Seth, and who he injected into Reigns storylines to help him out. Of course Vince has no intention of giving up and changing over to Ambrose, but he keeps him around as a backup just in case.
>>
>>789194
If Reigns had actually gotten over their tag feud with the Wyatts never would've happened

Ambrose is around purely to eat pins so that Reigns can look strong
>>
>>789200
>If Reigns had actually gotten over their tag feud with the Wyatts never would've happened

Exactly, he is the back up. He was even the first of the two to end up in the main event scene after they aborted Reigns' climb to the top at Wrestlemania.
>>
Triple threat between Ramen, Deanetty and fatass with fatass winning
>>
>>789202
> first

Uhm, what is Payback?
>>
>>789207
Rematch clause, they didn't have a lengthy feud
>>
>>789243
> rematch clause

But he didn't have one of those
>>
>>789251
Whoops. You're right.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.