[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alot of MMA/BJJ in South Florida

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: kung_pow3.jpg (17KB, 400x172px) Image search: [Google]
kung_pow3.jpg
17KB, 400x172px
Especially around the Miami region.

Which ones are legit?
>>
Bump?
>>
dsa is that you?
>>
>>780811
Avoid Fight Sports, terrible students and environment.
>>
>>780870
No just a dude in the 305

>>780872
Noted. Would you care to go into any details or experiences?
>>
File: 024179_8.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
024179_8.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
Also to clarify my original post... I'm really interested in joining a school that teaches striking (boxing, mt, karate) AND grappling (judo, bjj, wrestling). A good facility (freeweights area, octagon or ring) is a plus.

The only place that I've found browsing online pics and videos is the Freestyle Fighting Academy run by the Avellan brothers.

I've heard both good and bad things.
>>
>>780912
Wing Chun/Bartitsu/Ninjutsu+Aikido/Tai Chi/Systema
>>
I live in broward and started off with valente brothers. I wouldnt reccommend them, since they teach self defence style jiu jitsu and you dont even get to roll until youve trained for like 6 months.
>>
File: aRoXfaxX.jpg (27KB, 379x162px) Image search: [Google]
aRoXfaxX.jpg
27KB, 379x162px
Bump.

Anyone got info on the Avellan brothers and the school they run?

One of them got his arm broken by Palhares.
>>
>>780939
I'd say Wing Chun all the way.
Not only does it implement striking as well as grappling but it does so in a way made to optimize the striking with the grappling; it's a very intricate and developed art, OP.
>>
>>781400
I would love to train at the valente brothers if I lived in the area.
>>
>>781414
So why does everyone talk shit about it?
>>
>>781494
because its not popular?
>>
>>781494
Because they don't understand it.
>>
>>781494
>>781658
Because they don't understand fighting or martial arts. It's just the blind leading the blind.
>>
>>781414
>Not only does it implement striking as well as grappling but it does so in a way made to optimize the striking with the grappling

That explains all of those Wing Chun pro fighters being so successful in the big fight promotions.
>>
Anyone else have any experience or knowledge on South Florida martial arts schools? Looking for striking and grappling.
>>
>>782130
Blackzillians.
>>
>>781494

Because it's shit.

The only people advertising WC are people that haven't trained in full contact martial arts and therefore can't judge it properly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.