[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roussey Express Derailed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Rust_Cohle_2012.jpg (22KB, 315x348px) Image search: [Google]
Rust_Cohle_2012.jpg
22KB, 315x348px
>Ronda racks up a bunch of quick 30-second wins mostly against physically weaker mid-tier fighters.
>The media is on to it, because she's a female and with feminism trending she's just hot shit on the market now, gotta have her on every lame Fallon/Kimmel talk show out there
>She gets all the sports endorsements and even a bullshit role on the Expandables
>The hype train revvs up
>De la Hoya so desperate for another star he actually puts her on the front of Ring Magazine
>Wild speculation starts about Ronda transitioning to boxing
>Normies only see her wonderful 12-0, 12 record
>"She's the most amazing female athlete in history so dominant"
>People actually think she's better than Lucia Rijker, Ali and Cecilia Brækhus
>The bald UFC gimp is counting on a shekel shower by rushing Holm into a title fight
>"Holly Holm will get crushed, there is no stopping Ronda Rousey"
>Nobody pays attention to the fact Holm has a 33-2-3 boxing record
>"Ronda will pummel her with strikes and break her arm"
>The shilling hacks in Ronda's camp keep caressing her ego.
>The Armenian dude saying she could knock Golovkin out
>She actually falls for her own hype
>She doesn't touch gloves, puts on her best "Hear me Roar" facial expression
>Rushes in with wild combinations, keeps dropping her hands
>Holm counters her at will with accurate left hands and uses footwork to circle out and nullify Ronda's offence. She even manages to take Ronda down with a basic grappling move.
>First round an absolute shutout
>Ronda goes back to her corner busted up and breathing heavily
>Armenian shill actually telling her she's doing beautiful and should keep up
>Holm finishes her off with a left hand-high kick combo
>The odds against Holm were 6-1
>6-to-fucking-one and the fight wasn't even remotely close
>Ronda Rousey fanbase suicide watch officially announced

you rousey fans disgust me
>>
File: 53215123.jpg (34KB, 224x423px) Image search: [Google]
53215123.jpg
34KB, 224x423px
>>769160

if De la Hoya was still on coke he would arrange a BDSM dungeon with Ronda fucking him with a strapon.
>>
It was such a beautiful moment.
>>
>>769160
>>Armenian shill actually telling her she's doing beautiful and should keep up

That's not always bad. You want to keep their confidence up. You don't want to tell your fighter that they suck and are getting destroyed after 1 bad round.

everything else was pretty accurate though. Did Joe Rogan or Dana White cry?
>>
>>769160
>The bald UFC gimp is counting on a shekel shower by rushing Holm into a title fight
>"Holly Holm will get crushed, there is no stopping Ronda Rousey"

all you retards thinking Dana is in love with his untouchable cash cow don't understand business. it was good she was undefeated for so long to build up hype but now it's great she got knocked off her perch (by another undefeated figher, no less). 2 legitimately good, strong fighters on the scene > just one

ronda might've been able to win that but she went in with the completely wrong mentality and didn't respect her opponent. she got motherfucking trucked and as a ronda fan it was thrilling to watch
>>
>>769160
That trainer of her who showed up with her on the Joe Rogan podcast looks criminally ignorant and a massive enabler of bad habits.
>no need for strength training, because speed kills!
>I don't push her, I know she trains as hard as she has to already
>>
>>769177
>legitimately good

Ronda has never been legitimately good, her opponents are just that badb
>>
>>769193

Her entire camp is prolly a conglomerate of truckling faggots who feed her ego with all the bullshit about "elite" stand-up skills.

This fight was embarrassing, she got Hollyhandled big time.

As for Dana White. I won't agree with those saying he likes what happened. Holly isn't the kind of foul-mouthed porker talking shit about knocking Mayweather out. Same as Aldo. After Silva got busted on roids this entire organisation needs some excitement and all they could muster in recent years is McGregor and Rousey.
>>
>>769213
>shes terrible, her opponents are just soo much worse that they make her look good

what the fuck is your measure for being good?
>>
File: 1430769733668.jpg (38KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1430769733668.jpg
38KB, 327x316px
>>769218

>Literally the first fight she got hit with something substantial and
>goes full retard, flailing hands like a crackhead.
>>
>>769167
joe maybe, dana saw dollar signs

they now have a new champion with an undefeated record, she blew away the last one, and it opens up rematch money.

its like the featherweight title unification. aldo didn't get hurt, and connor got his title because the other guy took a dive. The whole stunt was to stretch the rivalry and build more hype up.
>>
>>769236

Mendes took a dive?

sauce
>>
>The odds against Holm were 6-1

They were actually 11-1
>>
>>769250
its just clear to me what happened there. Dana probably offered him a nice fat check
>>
File: ronda rousey gloves.jpg (117KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
ronda rousey gloves.jpg
117KB, 640x960px
Still a qt
>>
>>769213
Yeah right
>Olympic medalist
>12 fights undefeated
>Defeated undefeated fighter
>Defeated fellow Olympian
Obviously that dosn´t mean that you´re a good fighter
>>
Will Dana off himself after Aldo fucks up McGregor next month?
>>
So why didn't this happen with Mayweather?
>>
>>769509
>Defeated undefeated fighter

Casuals like you make me sick.

I'm also undefeated in UFC, doesn't make me good.
>>
>>769544

Cause Mayweather always picked people he knew he'd beat 9 times out of 10, and who were stylistically good match ups for him.
>>
>>769544
there isn't the same skill diversity in boxing. you can have a "Style" but at the end of the day everybody is doing the same thing.
much easier to prep for a boxer than anything else, just cover your basics.
>>
>>769544
It's harder to catch someone in a game where you can't throw kicks and takedowns
>>
>>769544
Mayweather is actually a good fighter
>>
File: 14u8074.jpg.gif (635KB, 246x147px) Image search: [Google]
14u8074.jpg.gif
635KB, 246x147px
>>769563

>Some boxers move to MMA
>Literally no MMA people move to boxing

There is a reason for it. Boxing has been around for more than 100 years and you can fight only with your hands, that means you have to master things like timing, footwork, angles, strategy, sticky punches, head movement, defence etc. etc. etc...

While in MMA people get erections over flashy meme combos and that's why Rogan splurged everytime Ronda fought, saying she has "elite" striking because she beat a soccer mom with wild haymakers.

MMA is the ultimate /asp/ experience.
>>
>>770078
Very good points although I don't think I've ever heard anyone say she has elite striking who wasn't getting paid to promote her. Most people say she has poor striking but doesn't really need it because of her elite grappling
>>
It's a shame, her best strength to me was blowing the fuck out of feminists talking shit about their wage gap myth and refusing to say she's "proving the boys wrong" or whatever like a lot of other female athletes.

If only she didn't completely bank on a gimmick strategy.
>>
>>770078
>There is a reason for it.
Yeah, Boxing is dying.
>>
>>770302

>M-m-muh growing MMA sport
>All MMA champions make less money than boxing contenders

I see what you did there
>>
>>770078
Does your ass still hurt from UFC I?>>769549
You know ahit at MMA, don t you?
>>
File: 1430786936452.jpg (1MB, 1617x750px) Image search: [Google]
1430786936452.jpg
1MB, 1617x750px
Bitch wanted to go after TMT and Floyd Mayweather. She got schooled by a basic boxing bitch. Ronda is one ratchet ass hoe
>>
>>769418

Probably the most outrageous betting odds in MMA history.

Goes to show how much media shilling can do to elevate a zero to a hero.
>>
>>769544
>there are people on /asp/ RIGHT NOW who don't recognize the skill of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

s m h t b h f a m
>>
>>770515
only a nigger would come up with "the money team"

god damn, we should never allow niggers to acquire money
>>
File: 1430862377964.jpg (32KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1430862377964.jpg
32KB, 460x460px
>>770566

back to the trailer park you go, faggot
>>
>>770302
Boxing is very popular where i live. maybe in idaho or wisconsin or some other 99 percent white state its dying but in south florida there are just as many boxing fans as mma fans.
>>
Rousey bought her own hype.

She was convinced that she was the best female athlete in the world, and that undefeated meant undefeatable. And that this boxer was going to stand no chance.

And she, like someone high on her own hype, decided to try to win in a way that was counter-productive. Rousey kept trying to strike when her strike game is terrible.

And yet, Rousey is still the winner in an abstract way. After all, the day after, everyone is still talking about Rousey, not Holm. She's still where the money is, she's still the media darling, and the hype is going to be "Can Ronda reclaim her title and beat the only woman that could beat her."
>>
>>770605
>Can Ronda reclaim her title and beat the only woman that could beat her

Maybe if she moves to a different gym and gets better coaches. If she stays with the same people, she's getting destroyed again and I'm putting my life savings on Holly.
>>
>>770610

She'll get knocked out again. She looked godawful. Besides, she required serious plastic surgery after the fight because of a triple jaw fracture.

I think she's done.
>>
>>770613
>triple jaw fracture

That was confirmed fake.
>>
File: rrronda.png (576KB, 1033x861px) Image search: [Google]
rrronda.png
576KB, 1033x861px
>>770616
don't think so
>>
>>770631

Just cause it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true you moron.

>Plastic surgery to treat a busted up lip

Probably lots of stitches and vicodin
>>
What about the bleeding pussy and humiliation? Stitches won't fix that.
>>
>>770577
I live in Idaho, it's only football and NASCAR here. Maybe Pro bass fishing in some places.
>>
>>769418
STOP REMINDING ME.

I was going to put money on Holm just because of the odds, but I forgot and now am sad I missed out on a holiday bonus.
>>
File: 1430798194091.jpg (901KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1430798194091.jpg
901KB, 1024x768px
>>770515

TMT 4 LIFE
>>
>>770633
Yeah, dana had called in a plastic sugeon to fix her lip that was split in half. He was on joe rogans podcast that they happen to do right after the fight when they were heading home. He said he didn't trust a doctor to just staple her up so he went on about saying he got Australias best plastic surgeon to really fix her lip so there would be no visible damage afterwards when it healed.
>>
>>775279
also her nose
>>
>>775281
Yup, she sure is hiding something.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/17/ronda-rousey-face-video-fight-holly-holm/
>>
>>769544
He was actually skilled. I don't follow boxing enough to know whether he carefully picked opponents that he knew he could beat, but even I can tell he's skilled. The reason people don't like is because he's a poor showmanship, and doesn't have any charisma or charm to make up for it.
tl;dr: he's a competent fuckass
>>
>>770605
>And yet, Rousey is still the winner in an abstract way. After all, the day after, everyone is still talking about Rousey, not Holm.

You don't have to be talked about to be a great athlete or fighter. And I don't think Holm was aiming at stealing her fame and worth. So I can't say Ronda won or Holms lost even in an abstract way.

Yea Ronda is still talked about but holy shit did people turn into ruthless shitmouths about her now. I don't think at all this is what Ronda wanted or even could consider good.

I'm all about performances, I hate sports media and all the drama they cook up to get attention and money. Now I'm interested in Holms because damn that was an incredible fight. At least she won me over.
>>
>>769553
more like 10 times out of 10 faggot.
and did they did the same for rousey, how did that turn out.
TMT baby
>>
>>775312
People turned on Ronda because she has a shitty attitude. If she was just some ordinary person on the street and not a champion/former champion athlete, celebrity, or public figure, no one would like her.

I really hope she learns and from this experience and reclaims her belt with a meeker, more pleasant attitude.
>>
>>769160
>>She gets all the sports endorsements and even a bullshit role on the Expandables

expendables 3 sucked my balls
>>
>>775367

Fuck that

If she doesn't come out to Joan Jett and pissed she will lose.

The rematch is armbar city wait and see.
>>
>>775660
She can be aggressive in the ring. That's fine, but she comes off as a huge bitch outside. She's awfully opinionated and generally uneducated, which isn't surprising since those two usually go together
>>
>>770515
It wasn't some basic boxing bitch it was the most dominant female boxer of our time. If it was a normal boxer Ronda would have taken her out.
>>
>>775367
> strong women threaten me: the post
>>
>>770078
This. Holm proved a boxer can transfer to mma and rape the elite in their own sport. mma fighters can't make that move to boxing. the skill required is too great
boxing > mma.
>>
>>775744

>most dominant female boxer of our time.
She was very good, but nowhere near as dominant as Ann Wolfe or Rijker or Braekhus
>>
>>770566
gave the wrong young niggas money
>>
>>775312
i'm just saying you and every fucking body else keeps calling her "holms." or "holmes." that's why ronda won, in the way this anon is saying, anyway. nobody even knows her fucking name
>>
>>775744
No she wouldn't have, Ronda has the worst hands and defense I've seen, any decent boxer would pick her apart
>>
>>775829
That only works when they go to amateur mma competitions though, you won't ever see that happen in the men's division unless the boxer spends a very long time getting grappling experience
>>
>>775757
Why don't you call Edmond to back you up? That's what strong women do, right?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.