[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.alvarezbjj.com Is this a McDojo or can I train here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 250x375px
http://www.alvarezbjj.com

Is this a McDojo or can I train here?
>>
>>766559
>http://www.alvarezbjj.com
OP are you humble bragging?
Cause that guy is a Nova Uniao black belt so he has a non gracie BJJ linage. Really bad ass that you are by a school that teaches Franca/Fadda style BJJ instead of Helio's branch.
>>
>>766563
I get that gracies are assholes and what not, but it really seems that people's interest in Fadda/Franca lineage is rooted in bjj hipsterism.
>>
>>766569
There's no such thing as bjj hipsters. but they are people who are vested in the history of BJJ and being able to train in another branch style as good as the Gracie that is under cut and undermine for decades is something to promote.

Fadda/Franca's branch of BJJ promotes the hell out of using leg locks and more heavy use of wrestling maneuvers on the ground and standing, which has shown with how Nova uniao has flourished so much for the last decade in MMA and BJJ tournaments,
>>
>>766574
Dude, there are definitely BJJ hipsters.

A tear still comes to my eye when I remember "The great BJJ hipster purge of 2013". Thank you based blackbelt for setting up your own school and taking them all with you, leaving only the non-hipsters behind.

I remember a year or two here, I was posting a picture of some turd wearing a matching pony rashguard and spats to show what a BJJ hipsters was. After I posted the image, something struck me as odd. I looked at the picture again and realized it was my gym. It was so embarrassing that I committed sudoku.
>>
>>766563
Yeah lol he's over here in Arlington Texas. I know nothing about BJJ so I called and asked if the butt scooted and he said they always stop from a standing position and use a heavy emphasis on takedowns. They even have a really good wrestling coach by what they told me. I started at Genesis Jiu Jitsu over here in Fort Worth and did it for a day the instructors berated the students and would call them stupid and seemed to have little patience for the beginners from the class I sat in on and I didn't really feel like doing it anymore cause it seemed shady even though they won a bunch of NAGA tourneys.
>>
its both, mcdojo refers to how a school markets/ operates financially and is not a mark of technical quality. Due to BJJ being the current hot ticket martial art most schools qualify as mcdojos but will still teach good technique just at a premium price point. Also those banners on the website are just painful to look at.
>>
>>766559

>GUISE GUISE,IS A 2nd Degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, a CBJJ Brazilian National Black Belt Master Champion (2015), a 2X IBJJF Black Belt Master GI World Champion (2012 & 2014), a 2X IBJJF Pan American Champion (Brown Belt Master in 2007 & Black Belt Master in 2012), a 3X IBJJF Black Belt Master NO GI World Champion (2011, 2012, & 2013), a IBJJF Pan American NO GI Black Belt Master Champion (2014), a 3X IBJJF Black Belt Master American National Champion (2011, 2013 & 2014), a 3X TXMMA Coach of the Year (2012, 2013 & 2014) and has guided the Alvarez BJJ academy to a 3X TXMMA Academy of the Year Award (2012, 2013 & 2014) LEGIT XD?
>>
>>766777
What if the price point is 125 a month for unlimited classes?
>>
>>766901
What are the fees for rank advancement? competition card? Using the OPs gym as an example its linked to the IBJJF. Where the average is about 30$ a year for the privilege to pay them again to enter competitions. 50$ just to register as a student. when you reach black belt grab your wallet thats another 500$. Thats ignoring lower belt testing fees and monthly tuition. Considering the fact you could probably find a comparable judo school for 50$ a month. Yes, yes it is a mcdojo
>>
>>766935
OP here, I'm going to see what this gym is all about I have Fort Worth Judo near me that I'll check out Tuesday.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.