[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /asp/s predictions on Rousey vs Holms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 14

What are /asp/s predictions on Rousey vs Holms?
>>
>>762534
"Holms"

Sorry about that...
>>
im going with Holy, shes got the knockout power to beat rousey before she clinches with her
>>
>>762534

Armbar within 40 seconds.
>>
The entire fight will fit in a short gif.
>>
>>762537
>knockout power
>can't finish her last two fights against shit grade fighters

Yeah, nah. You're a dumb cunt.

Here's the only way, THE ONLY WAY (if you think otherwise, feel free start another rasslin threads because you're officially retarded) Holm could win:
>keep her distance, literally run away if necessary
>leg kick from a distance just enough to make contact with the tip of her toes
>run away like Kalib Starnes
>repeat for five rounds

every other scenario would end with honda mauling the shit out of her.
>>
>>762578
>>knockout power
>>can't finish her last two fights against shit grade fighters
are you >implying that for someone to have "knockout power" they need to beat every opponent with a KO?
even fucking gennady golovkin doesnt have those kind of stats
>>
>>762578
>the only way she can win is by striking efficiently

How do you think she won her last few fights? Retard.
>>
>>762980
who?
>>
File: tumblr_m623dcn6j61ry1rm7o1_500.gif (811KB, 423x221px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m623dcn6j61ry1rm7o1_500.gif
811KB, 423x221px
>>762998

???
>>
>>762998
>>762996
>>762980
What's it like living a life where a show about muscular men pretend fighting for 12 years olds is an important part of your life?
>>
>>763004
Judo=/=rasslin
>>
>Discussions about professional sports teams, leagues, and athletes should be posted to /sp/.
>>
>>763008

I asked first.
>>
>>762996
who cares about some bitch in a mandrama org. were talking about MMA here
>>
>>763038
no its not, alternative sports is still in the title man
>>763039
hurr very funny
>>
File: juliekitchen.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
juliekitchen.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>763050
nope, go fuck yourself :3
>>
>>763023

It was, and her striking looks 10x worse.
>>
>>762534
Rousey within a minute.
>>
>>762980
Couple years. Ronda has all but confirmed she's going to WWE when her ufc career is done.
>>
>>763468
Original pro-wrestling /asp/ie here. I'm sorry about all this shitposting that happened MMA neighbours. You guys got blown way too hard out, I liked it when it was a balence of all the different threads,
>>
>>763498
>>763498

Original /wwe/ here. Sorry that some our autists have been let free to roam your board. Oh wait no, I'm not sorry at all. This was bound to happen.
>>
>>763468
The difference between /asp/ and /sp/ is that /asp/ has actual athletes who compete i their sport of choice rather than just watch and talk about it. It's what i liked about this board.
>>
>>764363
>You'll grow up one day.
>still watches mandrama
you wont it seems
>>
Rousey
>>
OMG wow, rhonda LOUSY is going to fight another tin can?

I wonder who will win!
>>
>>764367
you wouldnt even last 10 mandramafag
>>
>>764393
This, it will be a boring fight just like ever other female fight
>>
>>762534

stream

bretty good dot com
>>
God damn, Holm won first round like nothing, tons of jabs

Even got a take down

Rousey threw an angry after bell punch too, she's tired
>>
HOLMS FUCKING GOT IT

KO KICK AND GROUND AND POUND
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
WOW. That fight did not go down anything like I expected. Rousey got schooled
>>
HAHAHA ronda got fucking stomped
>>
I did not see this coming
not sad tho
>>
Some people just won a lot of money.
>>
The kick was just perfect

Rousey bloodied too, serves her right for acting like a retard. Bitch was tripping all over herself, at least three times
>>
Fight of the Night, maybe tied with Hall and Whiticker
>>
>>762534
this seems like an actual sport that should be on /sp/
>>
lol rogan just said matt sera and gsp, what he expecting ronda to kill her in a rematch?
>>
lmfao rondas face after the announcement. Looks like she's thinking about chugging a couple of gallons of bleach.
>>
Hopefully WWE does not sign Ronda after that performance. What an overrated slut.
>>
Holy shit, I did not expect this outcome

Rousey was sloppy as shit though
>>
>>767620
I think she wasn't expecting to lose. She really felt like she was an exeptional female imo lol
>>
>>762578
LOOOL PPL LIKE YOU ARE RUNNING NOW!! RUN NIGGA RUN!!
>>
She was a 20-1 underdog too
>>
Rousey stormed off

I just knew after the first few punches and drawing blood Rousey would get angry and try anything. Bitch fell twice, one costing her the match

Great escapes from the ground too
>>
I hope this means Rhonda is gonna change her boxing coach now. fuck that guy
>>
They're replayed the KO five or six times already, ha
>>
Some1 post a webm of the ko pls
>>
>>767635
He even said he was confident she got the most training she could get
>>
File: rekt.webm (3MB, 880x476px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.webm
3MB, 880x476px
>>
>>767643
Thanks blud
>>
File: 1447566985152.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447566985152.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>767625
>>767639
Credit to /sp/
>>
I loved that dodge from Holm that almost sent Rousey running into the cage
>>
>>767621
she's diva hot desu breh
>>
So, rematch when?
>>
I thought everyone knew Rhonda was garbage, but since female fighting is so undeveloped, that's all it takes to shine?

At least now I don't have to hear about Rhonda beating (insert male here).
>>
>>767633
She probably had a concussion bro. Did you see the fight?

She probably, you know, went to the hospital.
>>
>>767648

https://streamable.com/qxyl
>>
I called this in all the discussions. Its exactly what I said would happen, footwork and striking would win the day

this also proves that anti-grappling is a real concept. rousey was humiliated in there
>>
woomba wousey btfo
>>
THIS IS IT
GRAPPLINGFAGS REKT
BOXING > JUDO
BOXING > JUDO
BOXING > JUDO
>BOXING > JUDO
BOXING > JUDO
>BOXING > JUDO
BOXING > JUDO
>BOXING > JUDO
>>
File: CT1M7JEUwAE1vFm.jpg orig.jpg (349KB, 1920x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CT1M7JEUwAE1vFm.jpg orig.jpg
349KB, 1920x1536px
/co/ cruising through in appreciation of a great shot
>>
>>762534
People saw Vince with Ronda days ago
Is happening bros
She is going to save RAW
>>
>>767672
Yeah, I was thinking that at first. I'm sure UFC have mandatory check ups, especially after a KO

A tweet said she is at the hospital

No presser :-(
>>
>>767692
She really isn't pretty enough. And now that she's lost her allure is damaged.

Sure, they might sign her. She'll be jobbing to Brie Bella in no time.
>>
>>762578
HAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING ATE YOUR WORDS FUCKING ATE THEM YOU STUPID CUNT HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA IKIIOLLL YOURSELF YOU LSERUCKING LOSER HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Not related to Rousey vs Holm, but Noye's rib break was the moment of the night imo
>>
File: 1447568537775.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447568537775.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Thanks, /sp/

I'm in awe and disappointment
>>
>>767708
it was great because I saw that coming right before it happened, I even said to myself "just as planned"
that was the moment I knew this was over. You could see it on her face, she had a mental break.
>>
>>767626

She was 11-1 family.

And hot damn did she deliver.
>>
>>767625
/asp/ is the martial arts board, where actual martial artists reside.
>>
>>762578
>>leg kick from a distance just enough to make contact with the tip of her toes
Heh.
>>
>>767708

>disappointment

Why the fuck would you be disappointed when someone gets exposed? You didn't actually think she was invincible did you?
>>
>>762578
boy you must feel dumb.
>>
>>767724
I mean 20:1 odds
>>
>BASED HOLLY
BASED HOLLY
>BASED HOLLY
BASED HOLLY
>BASED HOLLY
BASED HOLLY
>BASED HOLLY
BASED HOLLY
>>
>>767730
More that she should have known better
>>
>>767762

Holly was more professional, this fight was too quick for her but damn did she deliver hard.
>>
>>767706
*Noke
>>
Some of the comments itt are fucking hilarious, makes me wish I had some popcorn to enjoy while reading.

how can it be so easy to call rousey 'garbage' and 'a joke'? Seriously? You're calling someone good enough to be in the olympics a joke? She's not invincible clearly and the whole armbar-to-victory every damn time was kind of old but a joke? Come on...
>>
>>767782

Okay let me rephrase, I'm calling her competition garbage. Her judo is olympic level yes, but she's not a well rounded martial artist, her striking has always been sub-par, anyone who's been watching MMA for even 2 years and knows boxing would tell you this. She won in dominant fashion cause the cans...I mean girls, she fought had no pro-experience, they went in for flying knees and clinched up with her when she's a grappler.

She faced a professional fighter, the toughest fight of her life and she got KO'D stiff. Blown out of the water.
>>
>>767792
I wasn't talking to any one person in particular, but whichever thing you said first that I may have chuckled at, thanks for making more sense out of it..now I can actually agree with you.
>>
File: tumblr_nk57j8Hbxh1s1bdg8o1_500.gif (1MB, 460x372px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk57j8Hbxh1s1bdg8o1_500.gif
1MB, 460x372px
>>767792
i dont fully understand how she can train boxing for years now and STILL be so bad
>>
>>767782
She is garbage though, everyone has always said all it would take is for her to face a real fighter, well it happened with an obvious outcome
>>
>>767811
one of the best female fighters alive and she is garbage because someone a lot better than even her beat her soundly.

yeah no, not garbage at all. just not as grand as the hype has turned her image in to.
>>
>>767782
This whole board is a bit of a joke.
>>
>>767835
cept mcgregor is actually good
>>
>>767684
THIS. BOXING WON TONIGHT
>>
>>767800
BOXING IS HARDER TO LEARN THAN GRAPPLING.
>>
She's been exposed. Now she's beatable, now pretty much every girl out there knows not to do what the other girls did before which was just let
her rush you and judo throw you for an arm bar.

I thought Cat Zingano also stood a chance but she had to be stupid with the flying knee. Why she did that no one will ever know.
>>
>>767839
the test for him is the same though. Can he rally if someone puts the screws to him or will he have a mental break and trip over his feet like ronda.
>>
>>767843
>LEARN
>>767843
true
>>
>>767832
>one of the best female fighters around

There are so few even mediocre female fighters that that isn't saying much, if she were a man with the same talent and skill level you'd never even know his name
>>
>>767840

boxing rule
>>
>>767800
>>767832
>>767835
>>767840
I don't think she's really hasn't tested her stand up though. Most fights ended in the first round, mainly first minute
>>
>>767848
yes and i she were a star 9 billion light years away we would never even know o her existance. and i she were a grape that grew on a vine in rome in 87 b.c. we would never have a chance to eat her or make wine out of her. i she was a journalist or the tampa bay AP we probably would never have read one of her articles.

shall we keep comparing the reality that is her against things that aren't true and meaningless?
>>
>>767856
f key was semi-blocked underneath..hopefully you can fill in the gaps.
>>
>>767856
Let's compare her against good fighters then, oh, turns out she's garbage
>>
>>767646
I'm pretty surprised Ronda didn't go down immediately from that punch. Say what you want, she's tough.
>>
File: 1439979288334.jpg (85KB, 680x797px) Image search: [Google]
1439979288334.jpg
85KB, 680x797px
>>767643

Well shit.

> 15k sitting in my account
> look up Ronda and Holmes odds
> Ronda 1.06 : 1 - Holmes 10-1
> "Nah... I'll pass"
> Go to training
> talk to my instructor about the upcoming fight
> tell him about the odds
> "Holmes doesn't stand a chance"
> he turns to me and says "You never know... Holmes is a solid striker"
> Flag rises in my head
> got this niggling feeling
> don't do anything about it
> read this thread

Could have made a lot of money on that fight. Should have followed my instincts.
>>
>>767866

Paypal me something senpai
>>
>>762534
Get fucked, Rondafags - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH__BRfLEaY
>>
>>767859
and who might this bevvy of females be that are so numerous that she is relegated to the status of garbage? if she's garbage i wonder what i am.

imho i think you're letting your disgust of her as a person or her winning streak give you free reign to insult her without real basis, other than you just don't like the bitch. which is your right. it's just, kinda laughable is all.
>>
>>767878

Not him but could you get any more frustrated? Let's call a spade a spade, she was overrated, it's not being a "hater" saying this. She wasn't the Mike Tyson of MMA let alone anything, she was a woman who had tons of competition experience who beat up girls who started dicking around in MMA less than 5 years ago.
>>
>>764393
>>764438
so
>>
>>767890
how does finding this laughable make you think i am frustrated, amigo? i am no rousey fan, i'm just not so dense as to think her skills are garbage. it's ridiculous to put her at the lowest of levels, making it sound like she'd be lucky to fight her way out of any confrontation.

i for one never compared her to mike tyson or anything near that type of level, just pointed out how silly it is do act as if she had no skill, which is what garbage is. she's a great fighter. Seems Holms is a lot better. Doesn't make her garbage, she's just not as good.
>>
>>767728
>>Actual
>>"Arts"

Pick none you kek faggot.
>>
>>767928
holms was better tonight
>>
Hey anons?

Where can I find some really good Ronda-themed saltiness right now? Can you link me things?
>>
That head kick gave me the biggest boner I've ever gotten watching any sports. Maybe cause I didn't even think she'd go for it and it came out of nowhere and it just floored her and laid her out flat as a board.

Holly Holm is a legend.
>>
>>767928
>how silly it is do act as if she had no skill,

Except no one is saying this, can you even read? we're saying her competition was what was garbage. And yeah she's good at judo but that doesn't make her an elite MMA fighter. You need way more than that, she's a one dimensional fighter.
>>
>>767946
name some other people then. homs level. I sure as hell can't. It can't just be Homs as respectable fighter of top class, then shit-tastic rousey, then the hordes she beat.
>>
>>767860
She did though, the punch landed and she lost her footing, it just took her a few seconds to go down.
>>
>>767970

I don't know if I'm being trolled here or not
>>
>>767946
Cat, Miesha, and Nunes are all just as good as Holm, they just have shit fight IQ'S and camps.
>>
>>762537
bwahaha, predictions
>>
>>768070
>have shit fight IQs
>good fighters
>>
>>767866
I had a mate put $5 on Holmes to win 2nd round by KO, at 26:1 (paid off $130)
>>
>>767800
Kek, if she keeps working at it her jab will soon be as crisp as wu's
>>
>>768070
>Cat, Miesha, and Nunes are all just as good as Holm

Holm would beat both Miesha and Cat, albeit not in the spectacular fashion that she did Ronda but she'd win. Also Cat would have stood a chance longer than 14 seconds if she had a higher fighter IQ
>>
>>767800
jesus all those punches are terrible, literally no hip rotation at all
>>
>>768070
>Cat, Miesha, and Nunes are all just as good as Holm

Holm was the only one professional enough to get the job done.
>>
>>768151
her straights are okay but the jabs are like this pathetic noodle arm thing
>>
>>768060
so nobody, then. alright.
>>
File: 1447586846671.webm (130KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1447586846671.webm
130KB, 600x338px
>>768151
>>768155
>>768142
>guys I can beat mayweather
>I will retire undefeated guys
>>
>>767708
>>767643

Why is Ronda's balance so shitty?
She felt twice on her own.
>>
>>767782
ohhhh I get it, you're literally THIS mad
>>
>>762534

Wow, that's a lot of stupid comments here..

First of all this was a very good fight, I'm glad Rounda finally found a worthy opponent. And I'm looking foreward to the rematch..

Actually this guy here was totally right: >>762578

The only way Holmes could possibly win was playing "hit and run" the whole time - and that's exactly what she did. Ronda was surprised by that tactic and lost control, she was trying too hard to use her standard tactic of making pressure, closing in and getting it to the ground fast.. Holms knew that very well and she also knew she has only slim chances when it would go down. Holms must have spend a lot of time breaking from the clinch and creating distance.

And it was a close call for her, you notice how she was fucking carefull until the very last moment? But she won (and rightfully so), because she had:
-the right tactic
-the nerves to pull it off
-an opponent, who fell for it

No big deal actually, it's just like we are used to opponents who try stupid stuff against ronda. Now This fight is not only great for Holmes, I think Ronda will learn a lot of this fight as well and come back stronger than before.
>>
>>768475

> Holms must have spend a lot of time breaking from the clinch and creating distance.

Eh, I meant: she must have spend a lot of time training to break free from the clinch and creating distance.
>>
>>768446

Because she got dizzy by getting punched in the face the whole time. It was a new situation for her because you don't get that beat up in sparring and she never fought someone who could withstand her pressure and takedown power long enough to beat her like that..

But I wouldn't overestimate this whole fight, Holms got a perfect tactic for Ronda and surprised her, we have yet to see Holmes getting such a record as Ronda has and also Ronda will probably devellop a good deal with this fight.
>>
>>768435
The next womens boxing champ in action
>>
>>768475
She will return to fight a few more cans before losing a rematch with holly, holly will continue undefeated for a while because she will be fighting the same nobodies that rousey has
>>
>>767646
That was a nice kick
>>
>>762578
This is me.

Nah, I don't feel that dumb. I've been wrong before, this is isn't the worst.

I think the things that I was wrong:
-Her power
-Quality of her footwork
-Her clinch game(this is what surprises me the most)

Not surprised at all at the game plan, to be honest. I knew it went to shit by the first exchange when I saw that Holms has power in her hands and Ronda's face couldn't hide her surprise.

Jackson/Winklejohn is goddamm wizard.
>>
>>767710
look those legs
the power they have
>>
ROUSEYFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>768484
the thing is she shouldn't have been surprised by this. as a chubby armchair analyst I predicted how this fight was going to go, I would hope professionals would have a better handle on it than me.

how long before rando makes a statement?
also keep in mind she has stitches in her face so it will be extra hilarious to watch
>>
I guess she should stop calling out Mayweather.

For real though, this is a textbook case of a fighter falling too deep into their own hype and taking their eye off the ball.
>>
>>762578
Remember, everything you see on the internet is typed by some overconfident jack ass who thinks he understands everything.
>>
>>768475
>The only way Holmes could possibly win was playing "hit and run" the whole time

So follow Mayweather's techniques?

That is how some fights play out
>>
>>767860
She got wobbly in the first round after 3 jabs from a bantam weight GIRL.

#NOJAW
>>
>>768885
She actually finished though
>>
>>768888
Of course
>>
>>768181

Pretty sure there are more elite female athletes out there just cause you haven't heard of them don't mean they don't exist numb nuts.
>>
Will people stop giving a shit about this chick now?
>>
>>768475

>hit and run

Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>768154
Someone got the .gif of Kaitlyn Young knocking out Miesha in 45 seconds?

>tfw when Kaitlyn doesn't walk around in your gym in yoga pants anymore
>>
>>768905
Well here's the youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1flK0N-VXY
>>
>>768907

Love it when chicks can throw head kicks. Most women don't when it's such an important tool.
>>
>>768910
If I remember right, she KOd 2 other chicks the same way that same day,
>>
How can you watch this? I find women beating each other up legit disturbing.
>>
>>769008
>how can someone think differently than I? Must be something wrong with them.
Ignorance ain't so bliss.
>>
Guys I think Ronda is gonna win
>>
>>762534
FINALLY someone showed the grappling pricks a lesson

Rousey was an arrogant shithead and had it coming, but i'm just so glad a striker took her down and not BJJ-Disciple#1938532
>>
Foreshadowing for Aldo VS Connor.
>>
>>767782
*Women's Olympics
>>
>>767688
JUST
>>
>>767856
>Wut is a straw man
>>
>>769202
A miserable pile of fallacies
>>
>>767646
Needs Steve Corino yelling SUPERKIIIIICK.
>>
File: nices.jpg (29KB, 525x523px) Image search: [Google]
nices.jpg
29KB, 525x523px
>>769421
I like your style bruh.
>>
>>762578
Hope you are less retarded irl
>>
>>768435
>all that media for a training session

I don't think she ever saw Rocky 3
>>
>>768475
your a fucking idiot
>>
will she do porn before she's too old
>>
>>771505
only the private videos shes already made, that might get leaked.
>>
>>771546
two things I am curious about, if her pec is so developed it does that weird thing where the boob looks like a separate piece. and if she has roid clit.
>>
>>767840
>>767684
>Boxing won tonight
>Fight ended in a kick
loving every laugh
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.