[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hapkido

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1239617_orig.png (52KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1239617_orig.png
52KB, 300x300px
Thougts about Hapkido?
>>
File: ipmanff1.gif (2MB, 350x149px) Image search: [Google]
ipmanff1.gif
2MB, 350x149px
One of the best martial arts to ever be formed; besides Wing Chun, that is.
>>
>>757862
Nice try, kiddo.

Bartitsu and Systema are way superior, OP.
>>
It's a type of mma it has strikes an grapples worth learning
>>
>>757839
its good, its like tae kwon do but less emphasis on kicking and getting into olympic sparring.
>>
It's shitty TKD combined with shitty aikido.
>>
Alternate reality aikido. By which I mean it was started by an aikijujitsu student then the koreans got butt hurt about its japanese origins(same as every other kma) This eventually got so bad one branch split off and renamed itself hwarangdo for nationalist reasons. Outside of that it has decent techniques but is taught in such a disorganized way you`d swear the teacher had ADHD
>>
Is TKD/Hapkido a god combination?
>>
>>758052
I meant good
>>
>>758052
Tkd is mediocre at best
Hapikido is mediocre at best
Why would combining them be good?
>>
It's a shitty version of Krav Maga desu.

Hapkido has more and more complicated techniques.
Krav Maga is easier, but you also get better training drills.
>>
>>758142
>shittier than krab magoo commando LARP
That's some next level shitty.
>>
Hapkido is totally shit, trust me, i know these things
>>
>>757839
>reasons why Hapkido is bad
1. It's stupid
2. I hate it
3 It Sucks
>>
Jack of all trades, master of none. It's mediocre at best. Kicks are worse than taekwondo, grappling is worse than judo. There's also a high McDojo probability. I'm sorry it's not the martial art of your dreams, OP.
>>
>>758988
Hapkido is a bit too obscure for it to be a mcdojo

And in a real fight being a jack of all trades is really important. If all you can do is grapple and you don't get a chance to, you lose. if you can grapple and he can grapple, you might lose. If you can do everything then you can counter what the other guy can do and do something he can't counter. it's like how TKD is good in a typical streetfight because

The main reason it doesn't get a lot of respect is that a big chunk of it is banned from MMA because of it's use of joint locks and pressure point manipulation. MMA is really wrestling and kickboxing, any time spent on BJJ forums and you see the same arguments about why things suck again and again. BJJ has the worst community online i swear. the main reason HKD sucks is because it's Korean and tkd sucks so it's guilt by association. Also, MMA is the only way to judge martial arts and it's not very popular as a martial art for MMA like I explained.

>Kicks are worse than taekwondo,
That applies to literally every martial art that isn't TKD

>grappling is worse than judo

That applies to literally every martial art that isn't a grappling martial art
>>
>>758996
>That applies to literally every martial art that isn't TKD
But pretty much every style which isn't tag krotty or CMA dancing has better kicks than TKD
>>
File: 1446750600566.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446750600566.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>759002
>TKD kicks are bad, why would you ever kick above the groin?
>>
There's a hapkido-bro floating around /asp/ and he'll basically tell you 90% of hapkido's bad rep is bad mcdojos and worse teachers/trainers.
But I can not comment as I have no prior exp with this art.
>>
>>759005
How the fuck does Hapkido have McDojos?

At least in Australia there are only a few schools, all led by very well respected grandmasters. It's TKD (especially the non WTF schools) and MMA that have the really shitty Mcdojos
>>
>>759004
No, it's just poor shitty slap kicks as opposed to kicking through.
>>
>>759010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnu94B6Edrs
>>
>>759009
as I said I have no exp with hapkido
I assume he's talking about being in the USA ( ausfag here)
>>
>>759011
The video is about Capoeira. Why is TKD even in the name?
>>
>>759026
It compares a few different kicks, the TKD one is the strongest. TKD is 90% kicks, they can fucking kick mate. It's like saying BJJ is a shitty martial art and their grappling is all just rolls. incomplete martial arts like BJJ and TKD tend to be really good at the limited things they do
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.