[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 20

File: Screenshot_2015-10-27-12-32-32.png (770KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-27-12-32-32.png
770KB, 1280x720px
Information for beginners (UPDATED), PLEASE READ BEFORE asking: http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

Old thread >>748641
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUTr7xl7WCo
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Posted this in the last thread

Someone called this a longboard and someone else told me not to try any tricks on it. Why? Is it bad that it's only curved in the back and not the front? Think I should get some hard wheels before I try to attempt tricks and stuff?
>>
>>753297
from what i can tell it looks pretty big, you're definitely going to have a hard time learning tricks on that.
smaller wheels would be a start but ultimately you need a completely different setup for doing tricks
>>
>>753297
the trucks and wheels are def longboard style
i mean, you can do tricks on it but i wouldnt recommend learning them on it
>>
Do you guys think I could learn ollies on it alright? All Iv really done is just cruise on it trying to get more comfortable on a skateboard but I want to learn to Ollie now
>>
>>753309
I don't see why you couldn't. It'll be a lot easier if you had a more convenient setup, give it a shot i say, although I wouldn't recommend learning anything other than an ollie.
>>
>>753309
People can ollie on penny boards alright, so you shouldn't have any problems learning how to ollie.
>>
How do I find a pool/bowl to skate?

No local parks have them, and but I really want to try it. It looks so fun

I live in upstate NY btw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_NTkq_WQOY

skaters in my city
>>
>>753323
Google earth. Look at old motels in your area, those are usually good for that type of thing. Also search local rental websites, and look for houses that are evicted with pools. Go early morning and gtfo before afternoon when there could be showings.
>>753297
You can learn tricks on it, but it's going to be a lot harder. Even learning tricks on vert is harder with those shaped decks.
>>
>>753323
go to the local skateshop and ask
>>
>>753334
I dun goof'd and saged my own thread.
>>
why does everyone keep posting here when there's clearly a thread up?

>>753336
you done good
>>
>tfw slowly but surely progressing

feels good man

powerslides are getting better and longer, ollies more consistent, manuals longer, and reverts more consistent

how have you improved recently, /asp/?
>>753362
because it's autism thread
>>
>>753380
I did a shuvit last night and a pop shuv today
Didnt labd the pop shuv bc I kept moving my front foot off of the board
>>
>>753380
Still having trouble with my 360 flips but getting there. Getting bs flips and bs 360's more consistent. Improving pretty well, skatepark is helping a lot.
>>
>>753380
i can now do a running start ;-;
I'll make it one day
>>
Yesterday i posted on /esg/ saying i fucked up my foot ollieing, but i really thought it was nothing
Today i fell fucking walking and broke it
15 days in a cast, maybe even more without skating
Fuck
>>
>>753402
Damn man, thats some shit
Heres to a speedy recovery
>>
>>753380
fuck you dude

you literally just copy the OP.

And all threads are the same.

sayjan this to eternity, watch me
>>
>>753380

I cleared the bank to bank in my skatepark
My switch pushing is about 60% as my normal pushing

and I 'm going to sayjan this thread
>>
>>753380
Almost one week of getting back into skating and I'm start to land my Ollie's more frequently.
Feels good
>>
what a shit thread
>>
>>753380
>ollies more consistent

why do you even make the OP if you 're not into skating kook?
>>
sayyyyyyyjan
>>
wow, nice thread...noooot
>>
this thread was just made to spit me, the OP of the real thread right here ( and the guy who posted the picture didn't even bother to update us whether he did make a board with that graphic for his brother).
>>
fucking hell how can someone get so autistic about an anonymous skateboard general
>>
>>753426
>>753428

kek
>>
>>753431
that's a question you should ask yourself, you did the thread to spite me. I don't mind if you want wat but you will abandon. Kook.
>>
>>753434
>wat
I meant war
>>
>>753431
go subscribe to Aaron Kyro's channel
>>
>>753430
Wtf is wrong with you?
>>
this OP is false, he just made a thread to spite me and won't be there to make another OP. If he takes it up to make the OPs however, I 'm fine, just know that he got into skating because of me.

See how new he is >>753380

and although he did another thread to spite me while one already existed, the mods let it up.

>>753438
I just explained.
>>
>>753434
>>753437
i didnt make this thread, i just don't like seeing one of the few threads on this shit hole that i like, is currently engaged in civil war
>>
yes I know I look like an internet autist, but I can't let this slide, I 'm sorry. If I get banned, I get banned, mods didn't do their job anyway.
>>
>>753439
Please just stop. Nobody cares.
>>
>>753439
you need to calm down mate, you're on /asp/ not a high traffic board
>>
>>753440
not my fault bro, the fucking troll OP's fault.
I know many things are more important in life, but I won't let this slide, you know what I mean?
>>
>>753443
I am calm mange, but this thread is going bump limit before the moon sets. Sometimes, you want to spite people too, you know?
>>
>>753444
Nobody knows what you mean, fucko. Stop derailing the thread with this nonsense.
>>
so what's new? I heard sayje skateboards is the new underground phenomenon.
>>
I want to build a miniramp, there's nowhere to skate in Miami.
>>
>>753446
what thread?
>>
>>753446
what derailing?
>>
>>753449
>>753450
>/asp/ - aspergers
>>
>>753446
have you ever feeblegrinded a rail under the moonlight?
>>
I bet OP isn't even here. He just made this to fire me up and now he's laughing somewhere.
>>
>>753446
what's important is not speed, or height. It's to keep it flowy and interesting. Kinda like Fancy Lad.
>>
>>753453
I'll give it to you man. I don't think I have ever witnessed someone this ass blasted.
It's like the OP snaked your general, & you caught feelings, good shit.
Yeah I doubt he's here, the board is slow as shit let alone the generals.
>>
>>753454
>Kinda like Fancy Lad.

or maybe, completely like Fancy Lad
>>
>>753448

a good miniramp costs money bro.
I hope you 'll make it though. Doesn't have to be great, but it will require work. You can do it however, it's been done before.

please remember to sayjan
>>
>>753455
exactly my man, you get the point.
>>
going to wake up tommorow early and go skate tranny
>>
File: evilsmile.png (289KB, 543x408px) Image search: [Google]
evilsmile.png
289KB, 543x408px
>"sure, your thread will make it to the enxt day OP!
>>
why did god make fliptricks so difficult to learn?
>>
If janitors have any dignity, they will delete this thread
>>
File: dude!.png (228KB, 355x292px) Image search: [Google]
dude!.png
228KB, 355x292px
>tfw still haven't mastered streetplants
>>
>>753439
>>753417
>>753424
im not the OP lol
>>
does anyone else think Gary Rogers' show has declined in quality?
>>
>>753466
the only reason OP did the thread was to spite me. Trust me.

>>748553
>>
steady now
>>
>>753467
I don't find him funny anymore.
>>
>>753468
ok

i just want the stupid thread fighting to stop
>>
learned ollies to nose manual recently, but I can't seem to be able to hold a manual of any kind after I ollie
>>
>>753470

his show is now shorter and generally pushes Thrasher parts. anyway, sayjan
>>
>>753471
it will, one way or another.
just keep sayjan.
>>
where can I find a huge source of 80s street skating parts? Does anybody here know Action East?
>>
you can place your bets if you want, unless I 'm banned this thread is going to the limit.
>>
Anyone have experience with hook ups wheels?

>>753477
Cool, good work man.
>>
>>753478
many people ride them here and they 're kinda the thread's theme board.
>>
just remember to keep sayjan this thread, that's all
>>
who /coffeeandcigarettes/ here?
>>
>>753483
Fuck off Dylan
>>
>>753484
>>753483
who /antihealthiism/ here?
>>
Tried to skate tranny today. Actually a lot better than I thought, I just need to commit a bit more and I can do it.
>>
>>753487
did you drop in?
>>
>>753488
no that shit's too scary for me
I rolled in on the mellow side with no coping
>>
>>753489
I wish I could skate vert but am too chicken. If I had money I 'd buy padding to be honest.
>>
>>753489
That's fine, just take it at your own pace
>>
>>753489
I reach coping and do kickturns both frontside and backside but still, it takes balls.
>>
>>753490
No honestly it's not that bad. I thought it was gonna be insane and that I was stupid to not wear padding but honestly just roll in on the mellow side or start at the bottom and just skate up and down the bowl. It's really fun.

>>753491
Yeah, I wanted to try more but there were a lot of people at the park and I didn't want to snake them you know.
>>
>>753493
my reply was like a hivemind>>753492
hehe
>>
>>753380
Nollie back 180s make more sense now and I land them a lot more. FS slappies are fun as shit. No word on learning Nigga Heels tho.

Now a random skate video for your rainy ass day (not mine): http://vimeo.com/137144219
>>
>>753495
can't fs slappy
what are nigga heels?
>>
>>753495
also, black anon be an ally and sayjan this thread

thanks
>>
Did you guys ever have problems doing backside kickturns?
I can kick turn pretty well towards my frontside but back side makes me go all wobbly and feel like im gonna fall
>>
>>753495
Pretty cool skating but I really dont jive with the all the fancy effects n shit
They just look too extra
>>
>>753500
it's different with each person

reminder that the OP won't return and you must sayje this thread
>>
OP here.
Honestly laughing my ass off at how much of this guy is acting like an aspie.
Also, it's starting to get cold. What do you guys do during winter?
>>
>>753497
fuck off nerd

>>753500
just commit bro.
>>
>>753504
skate an old, non broken gripped deck down hills off snow ramps

its like snowboarding for poor people

>don't have to buy a snowboard
>don't have to pay for resort pass
>>
>>753500
I'm going to assume you're talking about transition skating.
I learned bs kick turns first, but fs airs and disasters were easier for me.
>>
>>753507
Nice. I just moved out east so this will be my first winter with no skating. Honestly kind of worried, longest I've gone without skating since I've started was about a week.
>>
>>753509
oh and also ill probably practice tricks in my basement this year, because half of it has no carpet
>>
>>753496
"Nigga Heels " are nollie heels. They got the name black people tend to learn them faster, like I learned heelflips and inward heels before I could kickflips. Also there is some people out there who think black people have the best nollie heels.
>>
>>753504
Im gonna try snowboarding or skiing since there are so many places to do that near me
>>
>>753297
If they could do this in the 80's, so can you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5h-ZpWvx7U
>>
WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT SKATING TODAY?
>>
>>753541
It rained allllll daayy. In my defense, I skated for the past five days and played Skate 3 for at least four hours today.
>>
>>753541
i did tho

it was nice

i got new ricta clouds 86a, 53mm so i was really excited to skate
>>
>>753541
Rained literally all day, so much that the car wash I work at was closed early
It hasn't closed early due to rain in years, so it was pretty serious
>>
File: mfw_poser.png (102KB, 498x599px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_poser.png
102KB, 498x599px
>tfw poser
>>
>>753541
I did though. I've skated every single day the past 9 days in a row. It's raining tomorrow so my body is finally getting a break from slamming.
>>
is the new tony hawk game any good
>>
Got my first board just to cruise around on yesterday, turns out helmets are mandatory in my state. Any reccs for a non-spergy looking helmet?
>>
>>753513
shit, a guy in the park yesterday called an "antwuan dixon" and then he went on to do a nllie heel down some stairs.

sayjan
>>
>>753544
>played Skate 3 for at least four hours today

sayyyyyyj
>>
>>753597
no.

try vert

or skate without a helmet. There's a good chance you won't get 25 to life.
>>
this thread sucks soooo much.

Not because of its posters but because of its OP.
>>
janitors should have deleted this one and the previous as well as ban the OP. Did they?
>>
>>753615
no. they didn't.
>>
>>753616
and whose fault is that?
>>
>>753617
certainly not mine
>>
shit thread
>>
skate or die
>>
>tfw skating around my apartment naked with all the windows open

Feels good, man.
>>
>>753638
>rip footsoles
>>
>>753549
>>753544
>britbong skating culture
>>
>tfw scared to power slide
when i have speed i dont dare to do anything, and i cant power slide without speed. what do
>>
>>753380
>>753382
how long have you guys been skating? im roughly in the same stage
>>
>>753641
uh, in slippers, I should add.
>>
>>753643
I live in Portugal and it's been torrential rain since last week. Finally sunny again today, but I don't have time to skate. Fuck this life.
>>
>tfw im not confident in my ability to pick up the skateboard by popping the tail with my foot and i'm shy of doing it in public so i just sorta bend down and pick it up like a bitch
>>
>>753575
god no
>>
>>753652
I'm not even a skater and i can do it. It just takes practice. Just gotta know how much flick to put into it.
>>
>>753652
Stop lying
>>
>>753656
i dont even know what can you reasonably assume that is a lie in there
>>
Butthurt /asp/ie op from other thread is butthurt

Legs are so sore from yesterday, practicing transition and just skating hard.
>>
>>753655
Why are you even here?
>>
File: 7c13cbcb46[1].png (22KB, 961x720px) Image search: [Google]
7c13cbcb46[1].png
22KB, 961x720px
>>753652
try this.
kick hard with your midsole and let your heel contact the ground like shown. this pops my board perfectly into my hand 85% of the time
>>
>>753686
>85%
that's not enough to take it to public display tho
>>
>>753686
That's some p cool drawing tho
>>
>>753613
Guess I'll wait till next thread to post a vid then.
>>
>>753645
Try it in a parking lot that's smooth as fuck, you don't have to go too fast, but you also won't slide very far.

Also try reverts to understand the motion a little better

They're pretty fun, you can do it man. You most likely will not slam if you're not leaning back far enough, I have been able to catch myself every time. Just keep in mind you gotta lean back a good bit.
>>
>>753686
wtf no, do you with your toes right on the tail and just pop it down really hard. I agree on the keeping your heel on the ground though.
>>
>>753643
Nope, clapistanian, first time it's rained this much all year in my area
>>
>>753297
A guy at the skatepark I go to uses a long board and does 360 and varial flips along with boardslides. The wheels are big as well. He's also a downhill skater though so he's probably more comfortable on it.
>>
Fuck it, the troll's gone.
https://youtu.be/UfEVbx_0PXU

Some of the footage was pre-advice so sorry. And I'm reusing footy too
>>
headed out to the local park.
>>
Does anybody else experience this weird phenomenon where if you try doing a trick in front of people that you can do consistently alone, you totally fuck up and look like someone who has never skated? Similarly, if you you ask for help on a trick that you're struggling with, you can demonstrate it damn near perfectly? Then as soon you go back to practicing it you can't do it anymore? This shit makes me RAGE internally.
>>
klein is making akira boards gosh
>>
>>753475
'Core' skate shops tend to carry a lot of the more niche products and brands. All the other types like the shops in malls for instance usually only carry the standard commercial stuff.
>>
>>753748
Fug I want one for ghost in the shell with major kusinagi.
>>
>>753742
Preach it
>>
>>753740
Damn dude, that was a pretty good video not kidding

I wasn't a fan of the slowed down video AND music at some parts, I would have like just slowed down skating or not slowed down at all. But seriously, good video, good skating
>>
>>753740
no i'm not
sayj

Just kidding.
Camera operation is much smoother than what I've seen from you, it's nice. Keep in mind we watch skate videos to watch the fancy footwork, we don't really care about seeing the whole person the entire time. Get closer to the board and skater, don't be afraid to get bit by them bailing.
Something we refer to in photography (not sure about cinematography but should apply just the same) is the rule of thirds, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Applying this to your cinematography could definitely make it more aesthetic, but the main thing I'm noticing is that you're too far away from the skater. Other than that, everything is pretty good.
>>
>>753762
The music came like that in a mix off SoundCloud, I just matched it.

>>753774
I just stay back because some people dislike headcutting (ex. Kirchart's lipslide in Birdhouse's The End) and I often try to appeal to that complaint when I'm filming. Thanks for reintroducing The Rule of Thirds to me but I think that's more effective for long lens shots. But please try to prove wrong.
>>
>>753793
Alright I feel you man you do you. You might be right about the long lens thing though.

The video is good regardless.
>>
>>753710
:)

nah it's ok, whatever, I couldn't complete the task. Who cares?
>>
>>753793
>some people dislike headcutting

explain it to them then, maybe they 'll change their minds once they 've seen the result. And why did you call me a troll man, I was just mad because this guy made the OP despite an OP already existing.
>>
>>753825
>I'm mad this guy made an OP when there was already an OP
You were told not to make another thread before by multiple anons son, maybe next time you'll learn to listen.
>>
>>753830
dude, this thread gets posted in so much more than the other thread

pls stop
>>
>>753830
>You were told not to make another thread before by multiple anons son, maybe next time you'll learn to listen

see what I mean everybody?
>>
Thread wars are hella gay
>>
>>753845
This guy gets it.
>>
Any here ever tried Footprint insoles? Are they legit?
>>
>>753545
I LOVE THESE WHEELS
>>
>>753875
yeah they're pretty good so far

they slide very well, not sure if it's just because they're new but it's been fun
>>
Fucking embarrassment to skateboarding, stop fucking bitching and go skate and laugh.
Learn a new trick every day, and skate transition. Two years later life will be great.
>>
>>753899
>how do I practice what I preach?
Ftfy
>>
/k/ommando here, why is skateboarding so difficult to excel in? Im 24 now, I know dudes who have been skating 5+ times a week for 15 or more years. Ever so often they will upload a video of them doing some super lame ass shit like it is remarkable. I get it, no one is Tony Hawk (or whoever the new coolest guy is) but why arnt these people any better? 15 or more years just to jump a couple stairs? neat.

Not trying to talk shit, it just seems like the majority of dedicated, life-long skaters I know are shit.
>>
File: as_bmx_wardenportrait_2048.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
as_bmx_wardenportrait_2048.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>753909
I wouldnt even say majority, its all of them. The only dude I know of from my area that did anything significant /asp/ related as Zack Warden, he dated my cousin for a few months in middleschool, or so I am told.
>>
>>753309
It will be harder but yeah you can. though i would recommend a regular board and no longboard hardware.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Got a pair of vans on sale for €40, would have preferred suede to canvas but I think the colour is pretty smart. Bout to go try them out, they'll never be this clean again.
>>
>>753956
lmao €40 for skate shoes r u 4 real
>>
>>753957
y?
>>
>>753959
rich kid bitch motherfucker
>>
>>753960
Where do you live that you can get decent shoes for under €40? These were reduced from €75...
>>
>>753961
really? what about ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wearproof-Athletic-Canvas-Hot-Men-Trainers-Flats-Sneakers-Moccasin-Skate-Shoes-/111759698178?var=&hash=item1a0565a902:m:mgGQn-VTitMvVTGZarU5DTw
>>
>>753963
I like to try shoes on before I buy them, sizes vary depending on brand, etc.
>>
Scrolled through my insta feed and found an editing contest from a shop 45 minutes away from me. Entered it with the edit in this thread with no expectations to win.
>>
>>753989
gl
what do you get if you win
>>
>>753963
If you have ollies down and want to move on to other tricks, do not get this shoe. But if you don't and just cruise around and shit, hope that shoe works for you.
>>
>>753990
$300 cash first place
>>
>>753380

my fakie 360's and fakie 360 no complys are now on lock..feels good. starting to work on switch stuff mostly and jumping down big shit. They just built a diy wallride at my skatepark too so ive been trying my hand at that lately. i've been progressing really fast since ive been skating seriously again, feelsgoodman.
>>
>>753999
Hell yeah. I kinda want to see footy of that fakie 3 no comply, I never seen one before.
>>
>walking around my college campus
>half of people skate mongo

Please help. It triggers me.
>>
>>753856

i have the guy mariano gamechangers. they're awesome. i don't get heel bruises no more and my knees don't get achy as much as before from impacts and vibrations. i skated with the insoles for months then stopped for a few days just to see. HUGE difference.
>>
>>754032
cool fam. any difference in boardfeel thpugh?
>>
>tfw no qt skate bf to nibble on my foreskin
>>
>>754065

Not really. Boardfeel is pretty much the same as my regular insoles. It's about the same thickness. The gamechangers have firm arch support though. I remember it took me a day or so to get used to it but now I don't even notice it.
>>
File: DSC_0989-swagway.jpg (193KB, 708x471px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0989-swagway.jpg
193KB, 708x471px
>>754018
That or they ride one of these meme-mobiles.
>>
>>754132
do people actually ride these? wtf? why wouldnt you just walk
>>
>>754150
I saw 2 nignogs ride em at a mall
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just started skateboarding so I picked up a used board

Are these wheels shot?
>>
>>754132
I see the kids around my neighborhood with these now, I'm pretty jelly honestly. its all the fun of running fast without the unfun part of running
>>
File: 1439209098968.png (96KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1439209098968.png
96KB, 680x680px
>>754018
>half of the people skate mongo

How many on a longboard or pennyboard?
>>
>>754187
Nope, they might suck but they'll be fine.
>>
>>754202
why do they suck? I was thinking of getting some BONES ATF wheels because i herd they offer a way smoother ride. these ones are really bumpy and slow on the pavement iv been trying to skate on.

Also all but one of the front wheels has a washer between the wheel and truck. that normal?
>>
How do I get my kickflips down?

Keep trying and 1 of 2 things happen:

My front foot will flick downwards and I can spin the board and land with my back foot

I can get my front foot to slide upward but it doesn't flick the board properly to spin it. I am committing both feet to stay in the air this way, however.
>>
>>754203
they will probably suck because, I mean look at them. They look so torn up, probably not going to ride smooth at all. If you skate everything get ATF but if you skate street i'd prefer STF. I have STF now and they're pretty good. I don't think the washer thing matters either, I think I only have like 1 washer left on my board, I lose them. Anyway, nice willow deck.

>>754207
ALWAYS flick up, if you flick down you are never going to land the trick. Always commit and be above the board, just practice flicking upward, you'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>754192
I'm a different guy but I cut across my town's university daily to get to the skatepark. Constantly see people on long boards that either look super stiff, push mongo, having to fix their stance after every single push and/or do that weird board pickup every bro boarder does.
Ironically though, I eat shit just cruising through the university quite frequently. Constantly hitting rocks, one day my leg gave out while pushing and I just took a seat on the ground, and I've even had a wheel fall of once because the bearing blew out.
I think this happens more when I'm skating around big groups of people because I'm busy focusing on not running into them instead of watching the ground in front of me.
>>
>>754208
Are STFs softer than ATF? I know a normal skateboard won't ride as good as a longboard but I'm probably just gonna cruise around in the beginning before I try out ollies and stuff

Can I still do ollies and kickflips and stuff with the STFs and ATFs?
>>
>>754210
Why wouldn't you re adjust your foot after you push? Are you supposed to keep your front foot perpendicular with the board when you push?
>>
File: shiva.jpg (158KB, 1024x1382px) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
158KB, 1024x1382px
I've been skating for like 6 months and finally learned manual and ollie

What is the next step now?
>>
>>754213
STF is a harder wheel than ATF. STF= Street Tech formula. Most street wheels are harder. ATF is all terrain formula, for whatever you want to skate, designed to pretty much skate everything pretty decently. To answer your question ATF is softer and STF is harder, but you can still learn tricks on either of the wheels. Unless you are buying a soft cruising wheel thats 60mm, you can learn on any wheels. If you're still unsure, there are tutorials which tell you what wheel would fit best for you, but it's all preference.
>>
>>754220
switch ollie
>>
>>754207
>I can get my front foot to slide upward but it doesn't flick the board properly to spin it. I am committing both feet to stay in the air this way, however.

the usual trouble with flip tricks.

Why hasn't 917 or Bianca come up with a video yet man? And I don't mean a full video, just something.
>>
>>754220
Most kids by now send a sponsor me video.
>>
>>754220
Shuvs, 180s, bs boardslides, etc.
Learn to drop in and try skating a mini ramp.
>>
How to git gud at rolling fakie?
>>
tfw think i sprained my ankle b4 the busiest day of work
fuck
>>
>>754242
You mean this?https://youtu.be/11IJU8k3Rr4
>>
>>754267
>when your friend is good enough to make one of these as a joke
https://youtu.be/vNvhqUrDUvE
>>
>>754187
Almost and Venture? They look brand new, how you get those used?
>>
>>754214
Like I said, they do it after taking one push every time. Most skaters get into a kicking stance and get a decent amount of kicks in really only switching to a riding stance for cracks or curbs.
>>
>>754294
Roll fakie
>>
>>754294
Push switch then go back to your normal stance while rolling backwards
>>
>>754301
Oh lord
>>
>>754352
Cool...

...and how to git gud at pushing switch?
>>
>>754377

you practice pushing switch
>>
Anybody ever buy those mystery boxes from crailtap? I just ordered my third one. Wondering what kinda shit other people have gotten.
>>
>>754377
Assuming youre regular footed get on with your left foot forward instead of your right
Its eaiser to get a feel for it if you practice on carpet and pretend to push off
>>
>>754300
yes, something liek that, thanks, cool clip.
>>
Happy Halloween ameribros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrd6Dj7_zU
>>
>>754444
nice quads my man
>>
>>754444
>tfw no dirty diy spot to skate with homies
>>
>>754412
havent ever got one, idk if I wanted to spend $100 on it. it doesn't really seem like a bad deal, I'd just rather chose what I wanted, ya know?
>>
File: 1445715219291.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445715219291.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>754444
Now I'm curious: anyone ride the colder nights/mornings with a ski-mask?
>>
>>754208
what would everything include besides street skating? Im trying to skate some really bumpy stuff that these wheels cant handle but im assuming its because these wheels are meant for skate parks and stuff. If the street wheels work just fine on really rough asphalt then i might get those instead of the ATFs.

>>754342
They were on this website called OfferUp. I paid 100 bucks or the board which im assuming was a rip off. But the kid was in highschool so he probably needed money for weed or something anyways. The board isnt really in that bad of shape but its definitely been used. The wheels are ass and the trucks make a really loud squeaky sound when i lean on them but i heard you can put soap in them to fix that. It has Reds Bearings so that's nice.
>>
>>754547
ATF would just be for everything, cruising, some street, some park, some transition, some vert. Just all around designed to skate everything pretty decently. If you're skating really rough surface i'd maybe find somewhere else to skate, if it's really messing you up. As I mentioned there are tutorials on which wheels fit best for you. Softer wheels cruise better, harder wheels are better for slides. It's all preference, if you're still unsure go watch a tutorial video or read online. There's more in depth explanations.
>>
>>754547
Yeah you did, even Zumiez or some mall shop can get you a pretty good setup for $100 dollars.
>>
>>754551
thanks, il probably just get those ones then.

>>754557
Eh, money is just money after all. Why fret over it
>>
Screen cap this.
>November 15

Watch
>>
>>753909
Niggas be shredding bro
>>
>>754451
>>754475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FAnKHwZZtM
>>
>tfw shit at skating
>tfw cant shred
>tfw cant ride properly
>tfw cant even ollie
>tfw
>>
>>754617
i know this feel when
>>
>>754617
Practice nigga
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlrru1V69E
>>
>>754617
practice

>>754547
i would recommend Ricta Clouds 86a, probably 53mm or 55mm, they're great wheels. they're both soft enough to absorb most of the cracks and bumps while also letting you slide

if you're set on ATF you can get those too, but I really like my clouds
>>
>>754475
Deer Man of Dark Woods does it all the time.
>>
I wanna get new bearings. Everyone recommends Bones Reds afaik, but how do I pick them? Are there more types, styles etc? I already have Bones ATF wheels and I'm satisfied with them, so I don't mind going for reds
>>
>>754629
I'm not set on anything, I just want to make sure I can still learn tricks while also being able to ride comfortably
>>
>>753544

man i wish skate 3 had the location skate 2 was in.the controls in sk3 were so much better than in 2's

>tfw you'll never skate Old Pool irl
>>
>>754654
I liked the first skate the most for some reason
>>
>>754651
just bones reds. there are super reds but they are kind of a waste of money. go toy our local shop and bones reds should be ~$15
>>
>>754660
just ordered them from ebay for 5 pounds #swag
>>
Just got Pic related.
8.125 Girl deck
8.25 Chocolate Deck
2 large shirts and a Chocolate hat
Pretty excited.
>>
>>754667
That's dope, I'd jump on that if I wasn't broke.
>>
>>754654
Agreed
>>
File: lesouvlakiface.jpg (12KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
lesouvlakiface.jpg
12KB, 186x186px
>can only stationary ollie

Feels bad man. I used to be able to do some crappy moving ones but I stopped skating for two years went I went to uni and I just cant get them back. I miss those shitty ollies. On another note around 70% of them start turning into kickflips, why is this?
>>
>>754731
You might be flicking your foot instead of sliding it up the board as you pop
>>
>>753380

Just did my first real drop-in, fakie tailstall, and fakie ollie in a transition today (not really a transition skater). My boardslides and ollies are getting much better too. Need a new deck tho and I got no ca$h ;__;
>>
most entertaining skaters on youtube?

i have danny duncan, sam tabor, chris chann, justin park
>>
>>754747
mean jason park lol
>>
>>753297
I would consider that a "Cruiser" deck my friend, can be really good in bowls.
>>
>>753297
If you like unique shaped decks, check out Welcome Skateboards.
>>
got pop shuv its today after a million tries of not commiting

im gonna make it
>>
>>754755
Proud anon, I did my first 50-50 on a mini qp felt good man.

I love knowing ya'll anon's are skating <3
>>
>>754755
The first time I commited to one I rolled my ankle lmao
>>
>>754757
>>754756
>>754755
lol pop shuv it is even easier than ollie
>>
>>754756
nice dude,

and i've been skating everyday for the past week, feels good

>>754757
yeah a couple of times i jumped on the board before it finished spinning so i just slipped back and ate shit

>>754758
ok
>>
>>754758
my ollies are my prime it's what I practice most often I just want them to be so high

also I was gonna post a clip but idk how lel
>>
>>754759
I keep fucking my left ankle and my left wrist to the point they feel broke for a few days, always trying to jump some 5 set practicing. Those ground feels.
>>
How much heavier are indys than thunders really? I want to try them but everyone always makes a big deal about how heavy they are and my current set up is pretty heavy already.
>>
>>754767
It's really not much heavier. You're a grown man popping a board with a few added grams on it. Do you really think that makes a difference?
>>
>>754761
Make an extra youtube channel. Post it there.
>>
>>754767
Indys are heavier by a few grams, but Indys usual last longer than a standard Thunder/Venture.
Also it depends on what model of trucks you want.
>>
>supporting your local scene instead of buying good quality gear
do people actually do this?
>>
Did you start with a complete or did you make your skate yourself from the beginning?
>>
>>754796
When I first started I bought a Alien Workshop pre-built skateboard.
I still own that that board to this day.
>>
>>754796
When I first started I got crappy bits and pieces from friends, an extremely used board, some generic trucks and some wheels and bearings from a Walmart board. Eventually I got a better setup
>>
>>754794
Depends on your situation. If your boardshop sucks or is really fucking far, opt for the online route. And depends if you like investing yourself into other people's lives (ex. Pro model decks, shoes, etc.) and you want to make someone feel like they're making a living off of skateboarding then buy from your local shop.
>>
Anyone know if Indy Romero GC hollows are any good?
>>
File: RodneyMullen.jpg (86KB, 403x442px) Image search: [Google]
RodneyMullen.jpg
86KB, 403x442px
>tfw shit
>>
Real nigga hours

>be me
>Halloween turnup
>got my board stolen
>drugs, alcohol, LSD
>ended up at a skatepark
>no board, just enjoying & reflecting
> notice how humble the skate community is
>especially in my area knowing the people from around here
>a friend is about to have a ***** part soon
>I get home
>post on 4chinz

Fuck that guy who took my board..
>>
>>754842
Hope you get another board soon, homie
>tfw when you learn one of your friend is going am soon
>>
>>754667
how is it a surprise box if you already know what's in it?
>>
>>754767
there are indy hollows which are supposed to be lighter.
>>
>>754847
>going am

for whom?
>>
>>754758
not when rolling. Imagine if you were to pop shuv-it everywhere you 'd normally ollie.
>>
File: mad.png (25KB, 398x394px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
25KB, 398x394px
>tfw Its raining
What do you niggers do when you can't skate.
>>
>>754908
try to distract myself from how much i wanna go skate
>>
>>754908
work on my career you neet bum
>>
what the fuck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLo6kCvdl7c
>>
>>754908
Watch skate videos
>>
>>754904
Sovrn, spitfire, thunder, Huf and Glassy
>>
>>754904
Revive
>>
>>754847
what does going am entail? does it mean you are an "amateur skater" for a company? what do you do? is it just a stepping stone for going pro?
>>
>>754924
Pretty much
>>
>>754921
>>754923
who do I trust here?
>>
>>754926
probably not the revive guy
>>
>>754926
Me
>>
>>754908
Watch skate videos

Play skate. On Xbox

Loathe rain
>>
Fuck, did Geoff Rowley really leave Flip?
>>
>>754964
Yep, it's crazy
>>
>>754964
Who's Geoff Rowley and what is Flip?
>>
>>754973
Really?
>>
File: happening.jpg (335KB, 872x964px) Image search: [Google]
happening.jpg
335KB, 872x964px
>>754975
you guys never trusted me when I said this was a troll thread
>>
>>754979
we're not going to the faggot thread stop asking
>>
any famous skaters that started skating in their early 20s?
>>
>>754985
Lance Silber
>>
so when people apply grip tape does "sanding" the edges with leftover tape do anything?
or is it just for looks?
>>
>>755004
i'm pretty sure it makes it less likely for the tape to chip
>>
>>755005
>>755005
>>755005
New thread
e
w

t
h
r
e
a
d
>>
>>755008
um lol?
this one hasnt ever hit bump limit
>>
>>755004
You sand the edges because you don't want the grip to peel off.
>>
>>755004
you sand the edges to help prevent grip pealing of the sides.
>>
>>755009
Now it has four posts later.
>>
I can't skate today for some reason I can't land any tricks I can barely ollie. My body feels super stiff and sore. What do?
>>
>>755060
Stretch and rest and try again tomorrow.
>>
>>755062
Okay thanks, kinda sucks because I want to skate everyday. Will this go away with time?
>>
>>754444

Leeside! so much highschool class missed to hang out there
>>
>>754964
Really? Why the hell wood he do that? Did he retire?
>>
>>753495
the rrick with heelflips are big pants boi
>>
>>755934
Don't know, it was on his twitter and Facebook
>>
File: Screenshot_28.jpg (93KB, 495x655px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_28.jpg
93KB, 495x655px
>>753285
Thoughts on electric skateboards?
Which brand is the best?
>>
>>756003
boosted board is the fastest
>>
>>753956
Vans for skating is not a good idea mate.
Shoegoo for days. Fuck. Pic related. My fucking shit skate shoes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElOj5LEMflQ

vx1000 video me and some friends made
>>
>>756874
bretty gud
>>
>>753309
No, if you can't already ollie on a conventional deck you will probably not be able to ollie on this. Don't ride shaped decks until you know what you're doing. Get a regular 8.0" and hard wheels.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.