[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

African Martial Arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (26KB, 262x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 262x304px
So since this is the place on 4chan to come for all martial arts inquiries, I'll post this here.

Are any of you familiar with any of the African martial arts? I got into a debate with someone recently and he kept talking about these styles I've never heard of. I can't find very much on them and I'm sure they don't hold much relevance in modern fighting, but I'm curious about them just for the sake knowledge.

Can anyone fill me in?
>>
I wouldnt call basketball a martial art.
>>
>>751011

Senegalese wrestling looks pretty legit, though I doubt it's easy to find in many places outside West Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegalese_wrestling
>>
>>751018
It's not African either
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 320x213px
Moringue from Madagascar is supposed to be a
>>
>>751026
Cousin of Capoeira
>>
>>751021
Is this the one they did a vice piece on? That one dude on it was HUGE, he's like a goddamm meat mountain.
>>
>>751022
>It's not African either

You're right, it's Korean.
>>
>>751062
Basketball is about as American as it gets
>>
>>751067
The problem it that it was invented by a canadian!
>>
>>751011
If you want an African Martial Art do Capoeira. It's the bastardized version of a traditional Angolan fighting style.
>>
we had a thread about danbe some time ago, the art itself seems more like "who can survive more easily blockable punches better"
>>
File: wikicap.jpg (272KB, 1154x536px) Image search: [Google]
wikicap.jpg
272KB, 1154x536px
Wikipedia-chan says that Boxing-kun was born in Africa.
>>
>>751130

He invented it while working in the US and he became a US citizen, he was born one but he lived and died as one

That's about as American as it gets
>>
>>751067
>>751130
Basketball was invented by his majesty Kim Jong Il.
>>
>>751194
>That first sentence.

Who the fuck wrote that entry? A fucking middle schooler?
>>
>>751277
He was probably black so I'd guess you're right
>>
Kipura
>>
>>751284
I see what you were going for, but how that sentence was worded made it seem like you said all blacks a middle schoolers. That's more known by an age not an intelligence isn't it?
>>
"Black people are really good at monkey kung fu."
I know someone knows the video I'm talking about, to lazy to find it myself, someone post it.
>>
File: Dale.png (231KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dale.png
231KB, 500x375px
>>751194
>>751277
>>751284
>>754029
http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/about-wbc/21-cmb/90-historia
Here's the source for the first sentence.
It should also be noted that ancient boxing was nothing like modern boxing, or the boxing that resurfaced in 17th century England.
>>
>>751194
boxing was first invented in africa

implying that two men putting cloth on their hands and punching each other is boxing
>>
>>754131
Look at that, Africans invented boxing, rape and aids, what will they think of next?
>>
>>751194
You can't say Africa invented it since everyone throws punches in most fights.
>>
>>754407
Well, then you can definitely say Africa invented it.
>>
File: wUsDxefZ.jpg (38KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
wUsDxefZ.jpg
38KB, 512x512px
>>754404
A cute waifu
>>
>>751194
Holy shit. Dat Lumbar Lordosis
>>
>>755358
Lumbar Hyperlordosis*
>>
>>751067
Pretty sure it was invented by French monks or something
>>
>>754404
>aids
Please. It was invented in Africa but by AMERICAN scientists.
>>
>>755489
You're thinking of tennis. Basketball was invented by a Canadian

"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball#History"
>>
>>751011
Got some Danbe in Nigeria, which is pretty much one handed boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWF_ARr91bs
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.