[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a cage match why do they randomly open the door? Whats the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ER13_Photo_154.jpg (219KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ER13_Photo_154.jpg
219KB, 1200x675px
In a cage match why do they randomly open the door? Whats the kayfabe explanation? If your too fat lazy and unathletic to climb out you shouldnt be in the match
>>
>>3148505
Always irked me
>>
>>3148505
Kayfabe: A door on the cage exists.

Escape from the cage is bullshit anyway, it should just be pinfall or submission with the cage preventing interference.
>>
Door is a total mistake, but also the concept of escaping in general. It was never exposed harder for me than the tag match between shesaro and the hardys.
>>
>>3148511
>Preventing interference

Except it doesn't
>>
>>3148523
If they locked it properly nobody is going to climb in, most cage match interference is preventing escapes
>>
>>3148512
Tag matches in the cage in general are pants-on-head retarded. If both members are required to escape, what logical reason is there to get one-up but then leave your team to a 2-on-1 disadvantage?
>>
The original American rules of cage watches (which were not done in New York, but in other territories, especially down South) were a match that didn't have a finish really. It was just
>two guys get locked in a cage
>don't even need a referee
>usually a 30 or 60 minute time limit

It got sold as the babyface finally getting the heel one-on-one, alone in the cage. No pinfalls, but they get locked in the cage for an hour. They would be blood matches, obviously. Usually a false finish in which the face as beaten on the heel so much that once the door is unlocked, he decides to stay in the cage, dramatically slamming the door, to keep beating on the heel. Heel's stable might interfere by climbing over the top into the cage. Later cage matches would specify "this cage has a roof, so you can't do what you did last time!"

In Mexico, cage matches were won only by climbing over the top of the cage. There's no unlocked doors. Apparently Mexicans love climbing over fences, like it's their culture.

When McMahon finally brought cage matches to New York, he used the Mexican rules, but included doors. It makes no sense. You shouldn't be able to win a cage match by running away from your opponent. WWE ought to abandon the cage match concept altogether, and just do Hell in a Cell, which is much more like an old school cage match.
>>
>>3148579
No, Vince invented the door gimmick so that he could do more fuck finishes
>>
This is what a REAL cage match looks like
>>
>>3148505
Because it adds an element of excitement to the match and allows heels to slam the door on exiting wrestlers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.