[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good practical and though martial art to do with little brother?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1505256779448.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1505256779448.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
My little brother has been slowly falling into the beta gamer loser spiral. He doesn't have many friends and lacks self confidence and he is scared of >big guys. I thought of joining a martial art club with him. That way, we get to train with each other and be more confident (also I get to see cuties). What are some martial arts suggestions? I thought of either judo or sambo, something that is practical and physically challenging.

I found a combat sambo gym but it's a 30min drive to there and without traffic. The other is a renouned judo dojo and the instructor also has some sambo experience. Thoughts?
>>
>>3144976
JUST DO IT
If you can't decide between Sambo or Judo, flip a coin
>>
>>3144976
i think you are humble bragging the thread to find 2 good styles of school in your area only thing here is TKD and strip mall krotty
>>
>>3144983
I have very low speed internet so I can't see what cimbat sambo looks like. Is it like a russian muah thai/judo/bjj? Also, in your experience, does an older instructor necessarely means better coaching?
>>
File: rolling ude.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rolling ude.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>3144993
combat sambo is going to be judo based wrestling grappling with strikes. So think MMA however because of sports sambo feeding combat sambo there is going to be a lack of develop chokes. However you will have a slew of armbar and leg bar attacks.

So combat sambo is MMA lite, but with faster rounds, scrambles based on quick grab and go submissions (think Ronda Rousey) there is little guard work since its somewhat banned in sambo (just laying on your back is considered stalling so they stand you up, but you will see fast armbar from guard used)
>>
>>3144993
in terms of pedigree you are going to ask the coach if he has a master's of sport or a master of combat that is traceable through Russian sambo federation or Russia's athletic governing body . I know from my own teammate who is a sambo master of sport, that many sambo players are ranked judoka so you can ask for their judo rank and that is easily traceable through Judo's governing boards
>>
>>3145020
Oh so there's no striking at all? I thought there was some leg striking
>>
>>3145028
I read some of his credentials, he is recognized by the japanese sambo federation, director of the canadian combat sambo institute and promoted the first combat sambo in north america
>>
File: sambo KO.gif (878KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
sambo KO.gif
878KB, 500x285px
>>3145030
There are punches, knees and kicks in combat sambo. There is no choking in sports sambo. In combat sambo's sport rules you will see the occasional RNC or guillotine however the meta dictates fighters to favor leglocks and armbars because they are set up quick from throws and knockdowns from strikes, on top that a lot of combat sambo participants are sport sambo participant
>>
>>3145040
If he is recognized by Japan's sambo fed he will be recognized by Russia's plus being the director of Canada's combat sambo institute are all pretty good signs he's a legit coach to train under
>>
>>3145043
Why chokes aren't part of sambo? That's really weird.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.