[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the realest, most street-effective combatives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: keysi.jpg (66KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
keysi.jpg
66KB, 1024x682px
Here's the list I've got so far

Hands
>Keysi
>Wing Chun
>Filipino "dirty boxing"
>(English) Boxing

Legs
>Savate
>Muay Thai

Grappling
>Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
>Sambo

Sneaky Merchant Tactics
>Krav Maga
>Systema

Please rank, talk shit, convince me which is shit and which is not.

Inb4
>just run away
>handgun fu
>>
>>3141065
superman punch
>>
most of your list is pretty shit, and keysi is straight up fake like american kenpo
>>
>>3141082
>straight up fake
You're saying elbowing someone doesn't work?
>>
The Worm
>>
>>3141091
depends how you elbow them. Their way definitely doesn't work
>>
>>3141102
Seems like it would. Maintain a solid defense with your elbows protecting your head, get as low as possible to make yourself a small but mobile target, and elbow your way to safety.

How is that any less practical than throwing roundhouse kicks from kickboxing?
>>
>>3141065
catch wrestling is better than bjj for no
holds barred fighting. lots of nasty grappling and holds.
>>
>>3141120
because it's clearly made by people that have never been hit by a body shot. that only has to happen one time and you stop flaring your arms out to the side the way they do. There are glaring open spots

also it's 100% scripted nonsense moves as though the guy is going to just stand there and let you run a train on him and not be fighting back.
you will notice they make their living choreographing movie fights, and then teaching people "how to fight like in the movies". It's a work of fiction

to answer your question
>How is that any less practical than throwing roundhouse kicks
elbows need to be set up with grappling, hand fighting, and punching. You can't just lead with an elbow and expect it to hit consistantly
round kicks are used as openers, as well as closers. They keep you safely outside the attacking range of the person you are fighting and a good kick to the leg is like chopping an ax, makes people crumble
>>
File: IMG_20170912_131932.jpg (172KB, 2134x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170912_131932.jpg
172KB, 2134x1139px
What's 52 blocks all about?
>>
>>3141190
Prison boxing
>>
File: Screenshot_20170912-130336.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170912-130336.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>3141205
If it worked for Mleek, it'll work for me, right?
>>
>>3141065

Your list is really bad.

If you learn only one style for the street, take boxing.
If you learn two, add Wrestling or Judo.
Then you can add Filipino martial art for short weapons.

Here you go.
>>
File: ChadtonioChinoki.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ChadtonioChinoki.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
Professional Wrestling is the realest, most street-effective combative.
>>
>>3141303
if you can take punishment without getting gassed you'll win every fight but boxing makes you fast.
>>
>>3141158
You can't throw round kicks in a crowded bar or in the middle of an Antifa riot attack. You need to protect your head, squat down, and never get out of a defensive stance while still being able to attack when needed. Keysi/defence lab fits that bill. You're much more likely to find yourself fending off a pack of niggers than being in a boxing ring. You need something like defence lab for the former.
>>
>>3141418
Have you ever been on a crowded bar or riot attack? Or how exactly do you know what works and what don't?
>>
>>3141418
If you squat down I'd grab the back of your shirt pull it forward and start clubbing you in the back of the head.

You're retarded.
>>
>>3141082
are you talking about specifically ed parker's american kempo, or kenpo in general?
>>
>>3141065
Learn to make a pipebomb nothing beats a well placed pipebomb
>>
>>3142518
I watch webms of niggers attacking in packs. I know you can't just kick your way out. Something like defence lab would be the best chance for survival when you're unarmed and don't have a means of escape.

>>3142577
You realize there's a vast difference between squatting at the knees and bending at the hips, right? It's not a crouch forward, it's a squat down. You're not getting anywhere near my shirt, bruh.
>>
>>3141418
I don't know why you assumed I would be sing a round kick in that situation
clinch, knee, and meat shield. Sparta kick as needed. That's how you win fights against a group
The whole idea of a system exposes it as fraudulent
he does this, then you do that, then he does this, then you do that is not how fights actually work. They are free flowing and contextual. you can't win with a scripted combination, especially when it's a scripted combination of nonsense like they do.

I will happily fight anyone using this supposed system against me.
>>
>>3143939
>scripted combination
do you claim every boxer always throws jab-cross-hook-upper every time as well? combos are not scripts, it teaches some muscle memory, but you also practice free flowing, with groups of people giving you random attacks, so you learn to block and evade in the pensador naturally, then strike only when the opportunity presents itself, hence why it's a defense-first system
>>
>>3144418
you aren't going to get those openings when your whole strategy is shell and elbow, you're going to be manhandled by someone hitting you from way further out than you can hit them from. Shelling is a bad technique outside of boxing, PERIOD, that's the end of the discussion. it doesn't work when your whole body is in play and you aren't wearing big fluffy pillows on your hands to cover space.

I'd like to see one video of this stuff actually working, doesn't even have to be in a sanctioned fight, just in a street fight where it is supposedly meant to work

my challenge still stands. I looked it up and see there are two places near by teaching this shit, I might have to do a dojo storm.
>>
>>3144646
You shouldn't make blanket statements.

If you're a smaller person, you need to defend. Real life isn't about even weight classes and equal reaches. A smaller person will be at a reach and power disadvantage. The only thing that will work in his favor is speed and defense. Even when closing the distance (like a boxing in-fighter) a smaller person has to worry about the larger fighter just crushing him with grappling, like being a flyweight in UFC taking on a heavyweight. Getting in a shell and countering is what you have to do, but you also have to avoid going to the ground as well, unless it's an obvious rear naked or guillotine.
>>
>>3144755
the shell is what happens when someone has been beaten and it's a last ditch effort to stall for time and hope you make it to the next round.
the shell is where referees stop the fight because shelling is considered to be "not intelligently defending yourself"
either the fight is stopped and it's a TKO or it's a matter of time until the shots getting through cause a real KO
you shell because you are overwhelmed and don't know where the attacks are coming from so you cover and hope the other guy is imprecise. It's doing nothing to actually better your situation.
one more thing, shelling tells me exactly where to hit you. You aren't protecting anything when you sit in a shell, you are basically putting a big target on every area not covered by it.

why block what you can parry? why parry what you can dodge?
that old adage is always true
self defense is about deescalation, If this is a true self defense situation you need to be putting as much distance between you and the other guy as possible, and if your only option is to go forward then you certainly shouldn't be shelling up, you should be hand fighting
>>
>>3144843
>round
>referee
>stoppage
>TKO
How many rounds are in a real-life fight or riot?

The pendasor is a moving shell. You're not only twisting your hips and shoulders, but you're also bending at the knees and keeping your feet moving.

>parry
>dodge
All part of defence labbing, as well as intercepting.

>deescalation
>distance
Try doing that with Antifa goons swinging clubs at you.

No self defense class is going to teach you to just use persuasive language and run away. Those are obvious solutions. But they aren't always options.

It's rare that you will ever be in a one-on-one situation that you couldn't run away from or deescalate, so if you're in a one-on-one situation with spectators, you only have yourself to blame. Far more likely to happen to you, and more dangerous, is a riot flash-mob knock-out-game chimp-out situation. That's what defence lab trains for.
>>
>>3144879
>How many rounds are in a real-life fight or riot?
just one. That's why you should do stuff that actually works to ensure you make it out on the other side

like I said, meat shield and sparta kick. Fighting a group is not more complicated than that
>>
>>3144889
There are no rounds or time limits in a fight. There are no rules so your answer of one is wrong.

In a situation of life and death the first person to do the most horrible thing wins, the first person willing to break all rules all forms of law wins the fight.

That is why nothing beats a well placed pipebomb.

Who says you can't just run away, temporary retreat from your opponent and then follow them figure out their daily routine, find out when they are at their weakest just like how they were trying to see you at their weakest, and then hit them with a well placed pipebomb.

Nothing beats a well placed pipebomb. Theres a reason why solider who are better trained and better equipped then any street fighter, sports fighter or martial artist fear improvised explosive devices like pipebombs.

Want to instill more fear and harm more people then any fighting style, gun, knife or group of people? Then use the same amount of money you would need for a month full of groceries go to your local wal mart, or home depot and create a device that will win you any street fight

Nothing beats a pipebomb
>>
>>3144907
we have been through this song and dance too many times. well trained dogs beat well placed pipe bombs.
your joke isn't now, and never has been funny
>>
>>3144907
You know pipebombs are harder to make because the government keeps track of mass purchases of the components. Its why you hear you Europe why there's an uptick in acid attacks. You just need to buy drain cleaner and youtube saturation and get the corrosive shit separate , Put the acid in an empty water bottle and then drive by and splash people with acid.
Think that would be useful in a streetfight. Most people wouldn't think much of a person holding a water bottle. Plus acid melts metal
>>
>>3144918
Well train dogs would never beat a pipebomb if the bomb were well placed in well placed areas before the dogs were even trained.
>>
>>3144924
>melts metal
>melts flesh

Wait doesn't acid melt through plastic how would you even store it without melting yourself into chum?
>>
>>3144889
I want to see you hiding behind your girlfriend trying to do a push kick with your back against a wall in a tiny room full of Antifa with clubs.
>>
>>3144935
You learn that shit in HS chem class
>>
>>3144943
if there are improvised weapons involved, then I'm using improvised weapons

your opponent is a meat shield, you control them with grappling and use your knees to soften them up. They can swing all they want, but the only way they are getting to me is if they tear though their friend first.

some things work 1 v 1 but not against a group
nothing works against a group but not 1 v 1
>>
>>3143489
>I watch webms of niggers attacking in packs

Thumb-dicked neet faggots like you are the backbone of societal failure.
>>
>>3144943

Are you a neo nazi?

Because that is the olny group of people that has to be afraid of "Antifa with clubs".
And it's still notewrothy, that usually rockers and nazis are the ones with baseball bats, not the other way arround..

>>3145152

>the only way they are getting to me is if they tear though their friend first

There are some situations where it might be the case (i.e. when you protect an entrance door), but ususally that's not how it goes down. If you use someone as "meat shield" and "soften him with knees", he'll probably just drop to the ground. And then you have exactly two options:
letting him go or getting a fist in your face in two seconds.

>some things work 1 v 1 but not against a group
>nothing works against a group but not 1 v 1

This is kinda accurate, though.
The more people, the more important to move and to not get entangled. That's why for the streets Judo/Wrestling > BJJ and also Boxing > MuayThai: it's about finishing someone ASAP and then moving on.

To be fair: BJJ will teach you enough wrestling and Muay Thai enough boxing to cope with bunch of untrained idiots. But boxing has dat great footwork that nobody else does, so I'm a huge fan of boxing for the streets..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLdgnANFtY

>inb4 muh kicks

When it's a street fight, there are no rules. So a boxer can (and will) kick/push/headbutt you if he wants to.
>>
>>3141065
chokeslam followed by a diving headbutt
>>
>>3143489
No, this isn't a boxing match, and even in a boxing match before the clinch was so regulated it was common strategy to grab the back of the head and lean/hammer in uppercuts. Jack Dempsey literally made his career off the back of this. It's how Ali beat Smokin' Joe. With a shirt on it's literally a thousand times easier to hold your head down and you're allowed to punch the back of the head aka the area that is way easier to concuss you, since it's a fucking street fight, you downy.
>>
File: defend our land.jpg (293KB, 1578x940px) Image search: [Google]
defend our land.jpg
293KB, 1578x940px
>>3145402
>Are you a neo nazi?
>Because that is the olny group of people that has to be afraid of "Antifa with clubs".
>And it's still notewrothy, that usually rockers and nazis are the ones with baseball bats, not the other way arround..
shut the fuck up, retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhGYo9TExU
>>
>>3141091
>>3141120
>>3141418
>>3143489
Why would you want to learn some random elbow martial art when Muay Thai exists?

If you're in the middle of some brawl you're likely to end up grappling/in a clinch with someone too, and MT is perfect for that.
>>
>>3141065
You can do worse than beating someone with a steel chair
>>
Pipebomb
>>
>>3141418
hahahahahahahaha
I hope I get to kill you, one day.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.