[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to pay respects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 10

File: 9359.png (230KB, 1885x773px) Image search: [Google]
9359.png
230KB, 1885x773px
Press F to pay respects
>>
F
>>
>>3139634
She's Fat.
>>
>>3139634
F
at
>>
>>3139634
Nice of you to create a memorial thread for all the other women on the main roster OP. Very thoughtful!

"F"
>>
>>3139634
all good things come to an end

F
>>
File: haitch8.jpg (48KB, 629x348px) Image search: [Google]
haitch8.jpg
48KB, 629x348px
These vignettes are the last thing they are ever going to get right about her. The moment she falls under Vince's creative jurisdiction where he has the final say over her, she's dead.
>HHHfw
>>
>Raw is so full of women shitters they have to bring Asuka in
>Without bring in anyone else to match her
F
>>
>>3140169
>the "Haitch is responsible for nxmeme's creative successes" meme

Mark.
>>
>>3140175
It's well known HHH is the head booker of NXT and has final say on all creative down there, just like Vince does with WWE.
Prove to me that he doesn't.
>>
>>3140169
Doubt it. Vince handles top tier talent very well. You just think he doesn't because most of the talent in WWE is not top tier.

Look at Brock.
>>
>>3140175
He's the head booker you fucking retard
>>
>>3140178
>>3140184
ding-dong diddly marks
>>
>>3140183
*top tier Samoan, North American or Irish male talent very well
>>
>>3140184
They guy can't disprove it because it's true, he just wants a reaction. Don't give it to him.
>>
>>3140183
Brock got stale as shit for like two full years after Mania 31 and only just recently got interesting again.
>>
>>3140189
Name me a Japanese wrestler as talented all around as Asuka who's ever been in WWE. Much less booked perfectly in a televised brand

Michinoku doesn't count. He was a decent wrestler but way too short for the men's division and was an absolute charisma vacuum.
>>
>>3140183
Brock sucked for all of last year
>>
>>3140192
That was Brock's own fault. He was clearly phoning it in. As an aside, there's only been so much competition for him, and there's only so much you can do with a part timer. Even so, he's been the best booked, only surpassed recently by Braun - who had the help of Roman being hated by fans.
>>
>>3140198
Talent is irrelevant in the women's division
>>
>>3140200
His fault, not booking's. You're grasping at straws because you know I'm right in that Vince absolutely treats his top tier talent very well, with few exceptions.

>>3140203
Not anymore
>>
>>3140169
Do you think haitch sometimes feels like giving up?
>>
>>3140210
>top woman in the company has to be carried to 3* matches
>every single current push involves the cast of total divas
>bayley buried, Becky and Charlotte nowhere to be found
>not anymore
What did you mean by that?
>>
>>3140210
And he's not going to see Asuka as a top talent, I would stake my life on it. She's a fat little Asian woman. She couldn't be further from his preference.
>>
>>3140185
>ding-dong diddly
What an absolute disgrace. I bet you kiss girls faggot.
>>
>>3140202
>>3140210
Brock didn't decide to cave Randy's face in. Granted, that was less being stale more than being extremely fucking retarded, not that the match up to that point wasn't stale as fuck anyway .

Also, I dunno who agented that Ambrose match, but that was just fucking badly executed as well. You can say Ambrose shouldn't be allowed to hang with Brock, but the fact is, they could've booked that match in a way to MAKE Ambrose look like he deserved to hang. They could've done something where Ambrose lost but the guy just absolutely refused to go down. They didn't do that. Vince is the head of the fucking promotion, he could've said "Okay, I want do this in a way that gets Ambrose over in defeat.", he didn't do that, he was fine with just another lameass suplex match with a couple watered down hardcore spots.

Also, all of Heyman's promos with the exception of a couple in the past half-year got samey as shit. Is that on Heyman? Is it on Vince?

You can't just give Vince credit for all the good and then shove all the bad onto somebody else to try and make your point. Also, since you're gonna mention Braun.
>Lost to Roman at Fastlane, CLEAN.
>Wasn't booked in the main show of Mania, didn't even win the battle royale.
>Lost to Kalisto in a friggin' Dumpster Match and don't fucking tell me it's okay because he murdered Kalisto after. All that did was make Braun look like an idiot and Kalisto look like a weak loser.
>Roman attempted to literally murder the guy, he just showed up a week later, no follow up ever happened.
>Is constantly given stupid promos with nonsensical verbiage.
Vince stumbles all over the place with Braun, he's just good enough to overcome it.
>>
>>3140225
nuh-uh
>>
>>3140169
Even if RAM books Asuka perfectly she'll flop anyway. She's too weird, too limited and people are already sick of her winning all the time.
>>
>>3140169
>The moment she falls under Vince's creative jurisdiction where he has the final say over her, she's dead.
Vince? Vince who? Are you talking about the Vince who turned

>Austin
>Bret
>Hogan
>HBK
>The Rock
>Mankind
>Taker
>Jeff Hardy
>Cena
>Batista
>Orton
>Brock
>HHH
>Jericho
>the list goes on

Into well booked literal super stars?

Is that the Vince you're referring to?

>but muh Sasha, muh Punk, muh DBry, muh Bray, muh Enzo, muh Ziggler
NONE of these are anywhere near being on the level of talent as those other guys I mentioned. Almost every single instance of a wrestler being booked like shit, is due to the fact that in reality, the wrestler isn't all that great.
>>
>>3140239
This. Nobody wants another Goldberg. That shit appeals primarily to casual fans and none of those are left
>>
File: RAven1.jpg (13KB, 490x278px) Image search: [Google]
RAven1.jpg
13KB, 490x278px
>>3140240
t. mark
>>
Will the fans try to be contrarians and turn on her once she starts going over everyone and winning all the time?
>>
>>3139634

I don't know...the division is the biggest shitshow in all of WWE anyway...not much they can destroy by having Asuka kill everybody.
>>
>>3140239
The division is also as thin as wet tissue paper and there's no way to keep her streak from getting stale by January. They fucked her from day one by even continuing this stupid story. Asuka not losing in NXT has sealed her fate
>>
>>3140217
There's only so big of a talent pool to pull from when it comes to the women, but clearly talent is again relevant in the women's division... made even more clear by the fact that Asuka received such special treatment over in NXT. She wasn't just booked well, she was clearly being groomed and presented as the next big female superstar.

Bayley was buried because she sucks. Becky is mediocre. Sasha bitches on podcasts and has shown on multiple occasions she's probably going to leave soon. Charlotte is nowhere to be found because absence makes the heart grow fonder and she's getting a much needed break before feuding with the MMA girls, and likely Asuka after that.
>>
>>3140261
They've been doing that since May. Asuka was near universally loved by smarks at first but now she's on course to be female Roman. The streak is killing her popularity irreversibly
>>
>>3140239
>>3140251
>This. Nobody wants another Goldberg. That shit appeals primarily to casual fans and none of those are left
Her streak was booked totally differently from Goldberg's. You seem to be under the assumption that her streak will necessarily continue on RAW - who says it will? Also, Brock (and to a lesser degree Strowman) was and is over as fuck, which proves that people still love legit talent that wrestles rings around their opponents and wins important matches far more than they lose.
>>
File: 1484980320357.jpg (26KB, 478x332px) Image search: [Google]
1484980320357.jpg
26KB, 478x332px
>>3140280
So much wrong in this post. Also,

>implying smarks matter
There's your problem!
>>
>>3140261
There's a big thread up on WF right now of people complaining about her burying everyone with her shitty title reign. Fans are rapidly switching over to Kairi.
>>
>>3140251
>>3140280
If anything, the complete opposite of this is true. Nobody wanted to see Asuka lose in NXT. All I ever saw people say leading up to Brooklyn was that Ember Moon shouldn't beat her and look at that, when Asuka won, people fucking went crazy. And Ember Moon got more over by losing than she would've be winning.
>>
>>3140292
>Kairi Sane in the MYC has been better than Asuka's entire NXT run so far
Reminder that this is unironically being argued by fickle smarks. They're just jumping to the new flavour of the month
>>
>>3140261
They were hoping that was what would happen n NXT..........but it never did. They tried SO HARD to get her over as a heel, having her do interivews where she was a condescending mean bitch, shitting on the fans privately then pretending to be a fake babyface in front of the fans, having her work chickenshit heel in some matches, none of it worked. The fans refused to buy it. They wanted their undefeated waifu asskicker to keep on winning and winning and never lose, and HHH actually listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted. She was supposed to lose to Ember at Brooklyn, that was the plan forever but they couldn't get her turned heel to make it work right. Had Ember beaten her at Brooklyn, it would have backfired hard and made the fans turn on Moon instead.
They weirdly kinda worked themselves into a shoot because they kept repeating it on TV over and over, but the truth is. nobody was ready to defeat Asuka. Ember was not over enough to the level she needed to be to get the rub of finally defeating the incumbent heel Champion.
>>
File: 1487915285382.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487915285382.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>3140292
>citing WrestlingForum
>citing smarks at all
Smarks are the most fickle human beings known to mankind. They hate everyone who is not being pushed, love everyone who starts getting pushed after either not being pushed or being from the indies/Japan, then hate that person anywhere from a few weeks to a few months into their push. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Smarks do not matter. Marks matter. Smarks are not "fans", they just have nothing else in life besides wrestling to be angry about
>>
>>3140300
>They hate everyone who is not being pushed
*love
>>
>>3140280
>straight up trying to gaslight people
Stop lying on the Internet
Don't make me call the Cyber Police
>>
File: dwight.jpg (33KB, 639x553px) Image search: [Google]
dwight.jpg
33KB, 639x553px
>>3140300
Do you consider yourself a mark or a smark ?
>>
>>3140290
>>3140300
>Smarks don't matter
If you said this 10 years ago you'd be right. The smaller the audience gets the more influence the so called hardcore fans have and the audience is shrinking every year. It's historically small. Smarks matter now
>>
>>3140298
He tried to turn Asuka heel by having her cheat in Orlando and then totally vulture the win from Ruby Riot in Chicago. But somewhere along the line, he realized "okay, this isn't working" and bailed out. She beat Nikki Cross clean in a fucking BANGER of a match and maybe that's when he realized, y'know what, if Ember Moon beats her, it's just gonna hurt her in the long run.

it's stuff like this that gives me a tiny sliver of faith in HHH. He had a long-term booking plan, and that's admirable but he also had the common sense to realize he was about to drive over a cliff and stopped before he did. Maybe the guy actually knows what he's doing.
>>
>>3140312
Neither. I'm an anti-smark; or, as I like to call myself, a smart mark.
>>
>>3140183
>Vince handles top tier talent very well

No he doesnt. Just look at AJ Styles. For all intents and purposes, this guy should be having a legendary run right now, considering how hot the crowds were for him when he first came. He has only been used right when he feuded with Cena (and the subsequent weeks of "face that runs place etc..") then was put in a ridiculous angle with Dean that went on too long where Ellsworth beat him repeatedly , then he was sent straight to the midcard because Vince has no idea what hes doing now. The man is senile, he thought Jinder Mahal could ever be a good World Champion. He catches lighting in a bottle every few years accidentally and then smashes the bottle to pieces.
>>
>>3140314
They still don't matter. What matters is bringing the marks and casuals back.
>>
File: deanetty.jpg (46KB, 640x629px) Image search: [Google]
deanetty.jpg
46KB, 640x629px
>>3139634
Since every single booking decision of the RAW women's division is exactly the opposite of what would be good, I can only assume Asuka will get squashed in 5 seconds by Emma on her debut...you know...to create heat.
>>
>>3140317
smark is shorthand for smart mark
lol you're a smark
>>
>>3140327
>Just look at AJ Styles
I said TOP TIER TALENT. Styles is not top-tier. He's a respectable talent but he's clearly at least one tier below top tier. He is absolutely not on the same level as Brock, Cena, Austin, Rock, HHH, et. al.
>>
>>3140300
And smarks are the only people who give a shit about women's wrestling so their opinions do matter. Asuka will be done by Christmas
>>
>>3140327
>using a former WWE Champion who is currently holding another title and was booked excellently in late-2016/early-2017 as an example
>who has always been featured prominently with a storyline

Fucking dumb example. If you had just forgotten about your constant need to overrate your favourite, you could've made a good point.
>>
>>3140329
Can't happen and WWE knows it
>>
>>3140334
Asuka is?
>>3140336
yeah that feud with Shane Mcmahon was awesome sauce. And Jinder is the GOAT champ, and Kevin Owens and AJ should be fighting for a secondary belt.

fuck off to r/squaredcircle faggot
>>
File: stone cold sceptical.jpg (10KB, 236x347px) Image search: [Google]
stone cold sceptical.jpg
10KB, 236x347px
>>3140183
>Vince pushing a guy as "THE guy" who can't talk, is mediocre in the ring and doesn't get over as the face in 4+ years with 3 mania main events in a row.

>>Vince handles top tier talent very well.

WHAT?
>>
>>3140335
Sasha is over. Charlotte is over. Becky is over. Steph is over, and was over as fuck in her match against Brie as well as during the feud. Steph and Ronda's confrontation at WM got massive pops from the crowd.

Asuka will be hot at Christmas
>>
Test
>>
>>3140327
Dammit am I gonna have to be the guy that comes out and defends the Ellsworth stuff again.

I will agree that it's an absolute joke how he's been treated since the Rumble and even worse lately. I thought for a second, he was finally fucking done with Owens so we could maybe have a great US Open Challenge run where he has all these classic matches, but.
>Week 1: It's Owens again, more special guest ref horseshit, more Shane horseshit.
>Week 2: Tye comes out, stupid angle with Corbin, Tye gets squashed.
>Week 3: He doesn't even have a fucking match.
>Week 4: Maybe finally we get a full length match but Corbin's probably interfering. Whoopee.
It's extremely frustrating. Why do they always have to be too clever for themselves. You have the best wrestler in the world (okay, 3rd best, whatever), just fucking let him go out and do his job.
>>
>>3140332
Words change meaning over time. Smarks are the fat smelly beta nu-male redditors who comprise NXT crowds and chant CM Punk during RAW and bitch about everything and get hard watching wrestlers who are smaller than the refs.

Smart marks such as myself are (relatively) smart to the business, but we're also marks for the business and the wrestlers. We look at things from a "glass half full" perspective. We're the most important type of fan; we're die-hards but we have a healthy positive attitude towards the business (although we may not like the direction the business goes, or certain things here and there) rather than a constantly negative one.
>>
>>3140331
[Extremely Bryan Alvarez Voice] YOU GOTTA GET HEEEEEAT
>>
>>3140345
Roman is not top tier talent. It's just Vince trying to make due with what he has available thanks to feminism turning most males into betas.
>>
>>3140355
Jesus christ, I wanna shove you into a locker right now.
>>
>>3140345
>is mediocre in the ring

Stop lying
>>
>>3140344
>fuck off to r/squaredcircle faggot

but r/squardcircle loves and constantly overrates ajetty just like you
>>
>>3140355
>>3140355
smart mark and smark are the same thing you fucking autist
"smark" is a contraction of "smart mark" into one single word.
There is literally no difference
You are literally a self confessed smark
>>
>>3140348
Sasha isn't over anymore, Charlotte and Steph are "literally who"s?
Becky never was really that much over.
>>
>>3140344
>Asuka is?
She'll never be that big of a star by virtue of the fact that she's a woman and a Japanese woman at that. But talent wise, absolutely. She has the look, the in-ring ability, the psychology, the charisma, the aura, and every single intangible you could want. She is literally dripping with talent, everything she does while on camera is must-see. Everything. That's the mark of a top-tier talent.
>>
>>3140345
Roman isn't mediocre in the ring, though.
I don't even watch Raw anymore but I can see how many great matches the guy has had.
>>
File: tips.jpg (22KB, 332x389px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
22KB, 332x389px
>>3140355
>Smart marks such as myself are (relatively) smart to the business, but we're also marks for the business and the wrestlers. We look at things from a "glass half full" perspective. We're the most important type of fan; we're die-hards but we have a healthy positive attitude towards the business (although we may not like the direction the business goes, or certain things here and there) rather than a constantly negative one.
holy fucking cringe
>>
>>3140367
Sasha is over, but not to the same degree. She needs a top talent like Charlotte to work with. Also people I think know that she's been bitching about the fans and stuff. She was also being teased as turning heel, and has been for months, so fans are kinda wary. She's also dissed the fans a couple of times on the mic in the ring.

>Charlotte and Steph are "literally who"s?
;^)
>>
>>3140373
Sure he is. He gets the time and they script the matches to be mildly interesting, but so many guys in his position could get better matches if they would have similar heel heat.
>>
>>3140373
I go back and forth on this a lot, but after SummerSlam I'm back on the negative side of this. Dude looked so fucking BAD in that match.
>>
>>3140380
This is just a stupid retort.
>he's scripted to have good matches so he has good matches, hypothetical x or y could be better
Okay? He had great matches though, so that's irrelevant.

>>3140383
Yeah I agree he looked like deadweight in that match. Braun/Brock carried that shit.
>>
>>3140348
Sasha's reactions have been diminishing drastically. She'll be in Bayley territory soon. Becky is rarely over and usually gets crickets. Charlotte is only ''''over'''' because of her dad's chant. Ronda is a real fighter and one of the most famous athletes of the last few years so of course she'd be over
>>
>>3140400
>Braun/Brock carried that shit.

That was the point of the whole match
>>
>>3140406
No shit sherlock. I didn't mean thematically, I meant more in the sense that Roman and Joe's inputs were lackluster from a performance standpoint.
>>
>>3140406
Then why fucking make it a four-way. Why not just do your big Braun/Brock match at SummerSlam.

People loved that match but I thought the structure was garbage. Joe was a total ghost. Roman's offense looked absolutely terrible, some of the worst Superman Punches I've ever seen and definitely the worst Spear I've ever seen from him. Braun was out for the entire last two and a half minutes after being a murder fuck machine for the entire match.

Just fucking do the singles match people wanna see at your big event. Jesus christ. Why does WWE always have to be too fucking clever for its own good.
>>
>>3140298
And the most excellent thing is - this shouldn't have worked at all. But it did. Because Asuka exudes charisma and she can take undefeated streak and run with it.
She was the one selling tickets with Roode as men's champ. Pity until Nikki suddenly burst out and got herself over there wasn't really anyone "ready for Asuka".
Ember was built up well, but with her shitty promos she set herself back too far. But they both worked their asses off in their second match and got her over.
And that is even weirder whatever somebody tells you... she wasn't buried, her finisher wasn't buried. That's what is weird. people will still expect anyone who gets hit by Eclipse to be dead and never kick out. But Asuka is something different.
Somehow HHH built himself genuine star just by not having her loose. Ever. If you do it sometime you get Goldberg and now you got Asuka.
>>
>>3140423
It was basic ECW match. Agented by Heyman.
Moves spam, the thing that would be decried as the worst indie shit.
But it was awesome, cause it was big lads wrecking shit. I like big lads wrecking shit as much as I love my indy twinks flying all over the place.
>>
>>3140460
>NXT attendance down 28%
Must not have sold too many tickets then
>>
>they actually spoiled her debut

Way to take the suspense out of what show she might show up on.
>>
>>3140492
No one gives a shit about attendance in the developmental league.
It doesn't make Asuka any less GOAT no matter how hard you try to pretend you care about ticket sales an factor in your enjoyment watching pro wrestling.
>>
>>3140501
Its been all over the internet for weeks that she would be coming to RAW
>>
>>3140505
>NXT only uses finished wrestlers who wrestled for years on the indies
>developmental league

Pick one
>>
>>3140483
The parts that were just dudes crashing through shit were incredible. Unfortunately, that stopped about halfway through. Why not have, I dunno, Roman and Joe team up to smash Braun through something. That makes more sense than the dude being knocked out for over two minutes by lolonespear.

>>3140460
I think an extremely important, underrated part of that match was Asuka was still absolutely deathly afraid of the Eclipse, to the point of using the ref as a shield to avoid the second one. I get why people think the Eclipse was buried because they've been taught that by the main roster, but the story was more or less that Asuka BARELY survived Ember Moon.

And injuries are never good, but the injury gives Ember Moon credibility. Asuka refused to stay down, but Ember Moon still broke her, which is more than anyone else ever did.

>>3140501
The package was kino and everybody knows she's showing up at TLC anyway, so who cares.
>>
>>3140505
>It doesn't make Asuka any less GOAT

Different anon, but yes it does.
>>
>>3140509
And? That's like when Batista was rumored to be in the Rumble and they fucking spoiled it, having him come out a few weeks before.
You have to keep the audience on edge so they keep watching.
Announcing she's coming, in kayfabe, gives the women's division time to prepare and not be afraid of her when she does debut.
Having her just show up randomly one night and having all the women's division with a look of fear would have worked better.

>>3140517
>who cares?
This is the kind of logic why WWE it's in the state it's in right now.
>>
>>3140501
The current division is dog shit, so they have to play the "well, now it sucks but it will get better, we promise!" card.
>>
>>3140492
Of course it was. When your main champ is Bobby Roode who is basically only theme song and when your weekly show is taped in front of the dead crowd.
Yep those Full Sail crowds are now silent and I hate it. I would take them chanting shit over only doing "Two... SWEEET", which doesn't get anyone over.
When people are not seen as a stars, lot of people won't be going to the show to watch them wrestle.
Maybe Ciampa coming back and if tag division can capture the thunder they had before will give NXT shock to the system.
Takeover crowds are hot for everybody, Full Sail is shit right now. Move tapings somewhere else, make Full Sail people appreciate what they have in NXT.
>>
>>3140505
>being a confirmed anti-draw makes someone GOAT
>>
>>3140505
>flabsuka
>GOAT
>negatively impacts ticket sales
>"b-but that doesn't matter!"
>>
>>3140521
Maybe if you are tryhard babby's first smark who does "le draws no dimes" shtick.
I don't give 2 fucks if a wrestelr sells t-shirt or tirckets or whatever the fuck. All I care about is; are they entertaining to watch in the ring/on the mic?
Arguing about merch and ticket sales to justify why your fave is "better" than others is entry level kiddy shit. Grow a spine, like what you like, stop looking for social approval in the form of "BUT LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE LIKE THEM, THAT MAKES ME RIGHT."
It's subjective, there is no right or wrong, it's not a fucking competition.
Like what you like and leave it at that.
>>
>>3140541
>>3140538
>I pretend to be impressed by ticket sales on the Internet so I can look really smart about pro wrestling
Beyond pathetic.
>>
>>3140527
If you believe Asuka is a big deal and she can move the needle, you have to promote her. You can't just have it be a total surprise, you have to show that she's coming, establish why that matters and try to make people care ahead of time. That's basic wrestling promotion.
>>
>>3140366
Yep. By definition, if you know what words like "mark" mean in a wrestling context, you're a smark.
>>
>>3140547
Man you are super gotten that I have the spine to like a wrestler regardless of drawing ability.
Her matches entertain me, I don't give a shit about merch sales or ticket sales because I am not insecure about looking "smart" about pro wrestling on the Internet.
Unlike the rest of the entry level marks on this board.
>>
>>3140550
That's terrible wrestling promotion.
Imagine if they promoted The Shield was debuting at Survivor Series.
How idiotic does that sound?
>>
>>3140534
>>3140492
Also - who would come to show without Asuka, only with Roode on top. Other women besides Nikki are not over.
Liv and Aliaah stink. Iconic Duo are fun midcard act. Ember will be good now, but before Brooklyn 2... she wasn't over. When she came out, it wasn't crickets, but not a huge reaction. After the matches with Asuka people on house shows were into her and clapping. cause the matches were usually good.
My point being - without Asuka there wasn't a women I would pay money to go to see. And there surely wasn't a men main event talent I would come to see.
Roddy is not bad... but I hate Bobby Roode and not in a good way, I disliked every single one of his matches.
And also WWE does give a shit about attendence. It is the ultimate test for their stars, if they can draw indy level crowd to their show, so they will show up if you move them up.
>>
>>3140556
i dunno, dude, caring about the ticket sales of a company youre not making money from is pretty virginal
>>
>>3140550
No one is a big deal anymore. Lesnar and Cena hardly matter, so how would Asuka ever matter?
>>
>>3140501
The suspense is when she shows up, not where. The sell the whole division as being concerned about her arrival over the next fews. It's better to build Asuka than having her appear out of the blue on a random Raw episode
>>
>>3140542
TRU
>>
>>3140580
pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>3140573
I really disagree.
Having her show up randomly would have more of an impact.
Do it in a smark city and the crowd will go crazy.
Casual fans might not know who she is, but they'll jump on the bandwagon and go back to watch her NXT matches.
It's the perfect marketing strategy to sell the Network and get fans talking rather than, "Oh hey Asuka's debuting next week"
>>
>>3140568
Uh, the Shield was a completely new faction composed of three new talents when NXT's role within WWE and the visibility of its talent was completely different, dude. It's not a comparable situation.

If this was a "night after Wrestlemania/SummerSlam" situation that'd also be another thing, but it's not, because her injury held up the debut.
>>
>>3140573
This. Asuka is not nearly big enough to just show up and get a big reaction. She's an unknown. They need to tell the audience at least something about her in advance.
>>
>>3140585
seethe a little harder why dontya
>>
>>3140573
I agree with you, they are doing it right. They got a lot of press with Asuka being champ for so long, keep pushing this into people's brain. Keep pushing her weird smile, her killing girls, her whole persona. And when she debuts, make it big, make her player in women division.
Dunno if squashing jobbers would make her bigger with her being able to catch you into armbar/asuka lock from anywhere or kicking heads off or rather put her immediatly on the top.
>>3140572
They matter. And it is WWE mistake not making their stars matter, making only the brand matter. I think that is one of the reasons they are loosing audience. They are not loosing the main paying audience, but they will start soon.
>>
>>3140586
They haven't given a specific date. They just said "coming soon". You can do a situation where you talk about how dangerous Asuka is, have the entire women's division looking over their shoulder and in the meantime, people are going "Okay, who's this Asuka?" and they go back and watch her stuff in preparation for when she shows up.
>>
>>3140586
>I really disagree.
>Having her show up randomly would have more of an impact.

No, because that would be...well random.

Announcing her, so people think she might show at any show now, will move more tickets and get better ratings (if she even is big enough to have an effect, that is.)
>>
>>3140589
>Asuka is not nearly big enough

idk she looks pretty big to me
>>
>>3140597
Exactly. I think anon you are arguing with thinks they announced date. They have not.
>>
>>3140592
i got 20 minutes of lunch break left before i go walk around and watch other people work. watching you get worked up about a company not sell enough tickets is pretty funny.
>>
>>3140586
>Do it in a smark city and the crowd will go crazy.
You mean how they went crazy for Finn? Look how that turned out. Or how they went crazy for Mr. 10 man? Look how that turned out. Nak? Look how that turned out. Booby Rode? Look how that turned out.
>>
>>3140607
lose a little weight why dontya
>>
>>3140594
>They matter. And it is WWE mistake not making their stars matter,

What? So do they matter or not?
>>
File: asuka scream.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
asuka scream.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>3140602
kys monkey spammer
>>
>>3140597
/thread

Asuka is the slowly approaching force of nature that has the women on edge for weeks to come. That's exactly what she should be presented as. She's not a big star from the past that can show up and everyone knows her.
>>
>>3140614
dammmm she a chunky monkey
>>
>>3140600
You have to think as a casual fan. Like when it's World Series time and suddenly everyone is a baseball fan. People will pretend they know everything about her if she randomly shows up. That's the audience WWE needs right now: fake fans, that could turn into real ones.

I get what you guys are saying, it does go both ways.
I get the argument in announcing it, but I think in this era, when news travels so fast, not doing that would work better.
>>
>>3140611
don't worry, i have a meth head's metabolism.
>>
>>3140610
Finn has been booked terribly, but still gets reactions.
Tye has never been over anywhere.
Nakamura gets some of the biggest reactions every week.
Roode has only been on the main roster less than a month and has already generated a lot of interest.
>>
>>3140610
Finn, Nakamura and Roode are all crazy over and Dillinger's basically on TV. What's your point?
>>
>>3140617
>has the women on edge for weeks to come.
based Vince bringing back TV-MA
>>
>>3140628
>>3140632
All of them are shit in the ring. Maybe they need a post-WM smark-crowd surprise debut. Asuka doesn't.
>>
>>3140336
>>using a former WWE Champion who is currently holding another title and was booked excellently in late-2016/early-2017 as an example

I think that was the point of his example? That AJ was used well for a few months then demoted to midcard as a reward for how well he was doing?
>>
>>3140642
>as a reward

I think being WWE Champion was reward.
People can't be perma-main eventers 24/7.
>>
>>3140650
Im just saying, he had a good run and nothing came out of it. He couldve been Cena-tier but is literally Cesaro-tier now
>>
>>3140650
Wrong pal. Muh favorite short, skinny, charisma vacuum guys from the indies should be pushed to the main event and remain there permanently
>>
>>3140650
I mean I hate to go right to this, but Roman proves that you kinda can. Is there any point in the last...I dunno, two years that he hasn't been main eventing except for the couple months he feuded with Rusev? And even then, that main evented Raw a few times?
>>
>>3140642
Hold it right there, anon.
The reason he is demoted is because Barrios convinced Vince it is a GREAT idea to get that juiced up pretend Indian to be a world champ, cause WE CAN GET SUBS FROM INDIA.
And subbing from India costs same as from US. Or approx same. Not from China.
But it didn't do that. Or maybe we will see. But what will happen Jinder will hold the belt until December and he will probably loose it to AJ at the Rumble. And Aj will feud with either Cena or Nak for Wrestlemania. So they either give Nakamura big win at WM in great match against AJ. Or they will give Cena his 17th win with Flair there and with Undertaker going into HoF in the city he lost his WM streak.
So that's AJs possible plans. If I was booking it to make the big matches count and not booking it based on which side of the bed I woke up this morning.
>>
>>3140670
>India gets PPVs on free TV
>Streaming culture isn't big in India
>There's lots of people but not all those people necessarily have disposable income.
>A lot of the social media numbers from India are suspect at best and falsified at worst.
>A native Indian star is one thing but some dude from Calgary isn't a native Indian star and people are gonna know that because Google exists.

Isn't it kinda, like, George Barrios' job to know that kinda stuff?
>>
>>3140655
>Cesaro-tier

Fucking hell what hyperbole.

>>3140669
Roman is not a fair metric to use in any circumstance.
Only legit top guy proven big draws (and Roman, apparently) should main event consistently. AJ is not a big proven draw in that sense.
Not saying right now I don't want him to be, but lets not pretend he's in a bad place.
>>
>>3140684
I seem to remember SmackDown ratings holding pretty darn strong with AJ, but it's pretty hard to say anybody is a proven draw in this era, so point taken.

I think people's main problem with AJ's utilization right now is twofold.
>AJ was bumped out of the main event scene to fight Shane McMahon, and after Bray was gone, we got Jinder Mahal, who is just terrible.
>AJ with a US title run could've been very cool, but the problem is the feud with Owens was underwhelming, constantly undercut by bad finishes, had Shane inserted in at the end for extremely bad reasons and just ended on a real wet fart. And now, apparently, he's going into a feud with Corbin and "US Open Challenge" is just gonna be window dressing for that feud.
>>
>>3140683
Hey I know, these higher CEO-type people are basically selling snake-oil.
He has been good so far, but this thing with him forcing a story change and elevating jobber, cause Vince liked him, but not even Vince would have given him title so quick.
And also the fucking disconnect with him trying to be babyface in India and foreign heel in US, when that's the lowest form of heel. Without Singh Bros he would not even be fun. I hope they get huge bonuses for times Randy killed them or whenever they take huge bumps.
India is not making any sense so far. But Kavita Devi made 4m views during her MYC match. She is green as fuck, but has potential to draw money from India. Just let her learn for a year at least.
We don¨t have any evidence so far if Jinder experiment failed or not. But he will be holding the belt until December.
>>
>>3140684
>Fucking hell what hyperbole.
Both are midcarders with mid-card titles that occasionally have a main event once every few months

Sounds about right
>>
>>3140696
The ratings were due to having babyface champs. Becky, Ambrose (moving to AJ who was awesome and fun). And also Heath and Rhyno.
Also, storytelling was really good with consistence across the weeks. It made sense. But I think the writer who was responsible either got fired or he wasn't Vince's favorite toy anymore. And also Randy moved from Bray (where I could ignore him) into the main event and everything went into shit.
Randy got a run as a way saying: "I am sorry I let Brock concuss you"
>>
>>3139634
I can't wait for Kurt Angle to talk backstage about Ass-oo-ka
>>
>>3140710
I can't put words to how fucking much I miss having a majority of babyface champs. I'm so fucking sick of heel champs. Even the really cool ones like Neville are running out of track.
>>
>>3140722
Yeah, I am not feeling Ambrose and Rollins, but that is because I really like Sheamus and Cesaro as hard hitting dudes.
And Naomi was missing something for me. But we already have Nattie.
Usos are great. But Jinder as a champ drags whole show down. Same as it was in NXT with Roode for me.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.