[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a more underrated era in wwe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: raera.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
raera.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
is there a more underrated era in wwe?
>>
>>3135166
Nobody underrates the RA Era everyone likes it
>>
New Generation era is most underrated
>>
>>3135167
people praise the everloving fuck out of the attitude era even though ra era was better
>>
>>3135200
>people praise the everloving fuck out of the attitude era even though ra era was better

maybe if you only cared about workrate
>>
>>3135200
Attitude Era was way more entertaining. If you're a workrate geek then I guess RA was better.
>>
So what is 2008 - present called? Aside from the "PG Era".
>>
RA Era is the most overrated era ever. And before you go "oldfag", I grew up with it. Trying to go back and watch it was painful, RAW 2002-2004 is worse than what we have now.
>>
>>3135166
>ruthless jannetty era
I'd say it's overrated - people have this revisionist history that RA was actually great (some say better than the attitude era like this dumbass >>3135200)
Let's remind ourselves:

>Haitch reign of terror
>shitters like Hardcore Holly, Eugene and more getting featured matches
>Undercarder returning to his cringe era deadman shtick
>Goldberg comes back to job to haitch
>Booker T buried by haitch
>Benoit gets the belt and the shoved into the midcard
>Orton buried by haitch and undercarder
>Lesnerd given the ball and bailing after two years
>attitude era stories despite that era being done and when WWE should have evolved, it just clung to the past
There is a reason the ratings fucking tanked after 2002 and the Ruthless Aggression Era is a major part no matter how good the Smackdown Six was for 5 months or something
>>
>>3135166
That's the most overrated era though
>>
>>3135219
True but Smackdown was GOAT
>>
>>3135200
>Ruthless Aggression babby
>>
>>3135166
'06 to '08 were essentially total shit. Raw was total shit from '02 to '04.
>>
The Hogan era is by far the most underrated by modern fans.
>>
>>3135166
I'm so conflicted with this era. It gave me my favorite main event scene by far (Eddie, Kurt, Brock, JBL, Edge, Batista, Prime Orton, The first few years of Cena), but everything below that was bland, stupid or just completely forgettable.
>>
>>3135222
What does WWE have to do to return to 1999 ratings?

tv14 when?
>>
>>3135219
>RAW 2002-2004 is worse than what we have now.
No, not really.
>>
>>3135274
They will never come close again.
>>
>>3135219
Its true. It caused me to stop watching RAW for 10 years
>>
>>3135274
tv14 doesn't help, RA was tv14

the way WWE gets close to that is actually to be culturally relevant - the attitude era was. Whatever the WWE is doing now doesn't connect.
>>
>>3135271
>Orton
>not bland
>>
>>3135274
They literally can't at this point. Wrestling was a cultural phenomenon in the 80s and 90s, but television is dying and they lost their primary demographic in favor of trying to cater to everybody.
>>
>>3135274
Hire Big Ratings Russo
>>
RA was dogshit. The era of manlet dweebs
>>
>>3135269
"Modern fans" opinions don't matter.

If you know the nuwrestling audience you know that they're scared of and intimidated by wrestling pre-Cena. 90% of the threads around here are about flavor of the months that will be forgotten by everyone while they never talk about the actual great wrestlers and matches over 30 years that are remembered by normal people for a reason. They're either new to wrestling or pansies who got used to bring fed shit while everyone else stopped watching. WWE has successfully brainwashed people, as have the other shows.
>>
>>3135314
Reminder that the vast majority of current WWE fans are aged 40+ and have been watching since the AE. Dumb retard.
>>
>>3135318
this

the WWE has completely failed to bring in new loyal fans

Most of the fans they bring in are kids who grow out of it at 10 or 11, the only fans left over are the older fans who were around when the product was targeted at them
>>
>>3135219
Not true based on the fact that Raw had better talent in those years and was only 2 hours long. NOTHING is worse than 2015-present Raw, even 1994-96 Raw is better.
>>
>>3135336
>Not true based on the fact that Raw had better talent in those years
who cares, 1 hour of the two was always centered around Haitch
>>
>>3135318
...you clearly didn't read the post.
>>
>>3135345
>1 hour of the two was always centered around Haitch
No it wasn't. You do know instead of talking out of your ass you can watch the shows on the WWE Network, HHH would open the show for the first 10-15 minutes then he would MAYBE would wrestle in the Main Event, he was a big chicken shit heel during the Evolution years and would make Orton, Batista and Flair do his dirty work.

Nothing is worse than the Raws we have been getting since WM30, literally 3 hours of unwatchable shit.
>>
>>3135314
>they're scared of and intimidated by wrestling pre-Cena.
How so?
>>
>>3135300
I dunno, I really liked Evolution and Legend Killer Orton, and even some parts of Viper Orton. He only turned bad for me after Wrestlemania 25.
>>
>>3135219
I stopped watching wrestling around 2000 and barely watch it now, but if 2002-2004 was worse then it is now then it must have been really, really bad
>>
>>3135222
>Haitch reign of terror
Literally nothing wrong unless you were a WCW mark
>shitters like Hardcore Holly, Eugene and more getting featured matches
Implying the attitude era didn't have the same
>Undercarder returning to his cringe era deadman shtick
All his best matches were during this era so who cares
>Goldberg comes back to job to haitch
It's not jobbing when the heel has to cheat to win
>Booker T buried by haitch
Except he wasn't and he went on to be the GOAT smackdown babyface
>Benoit gets the belt and the shoved into the midcard
Smark delights with no character don't deserve limelight
>Orton buried by haitch and undercarder
Face Orton was cringe so nobody cared
>Lesnerd given the ball and bailing after two years
Vince ding-dong diddly worked by cornette's prodigy
>attitude era stories despite that era being done and when WWE should have evolved, it just clung to the past
Don't fix what isn't broken
>>
>>3135274
It'll never be the same. The wrestlers have to follow scrips, TV is on the decline and you can find out what's going to happen with the internet. But the biggest problem is that, with no competition, WWE has gotten complacent.

The 80's and 90's were that magical time where you could actually be surprised with what would happen every week. There was a lot of stupid stuff, but the memorable stuff outshines it
>>
>>3135497
>Literally nothing wrong unless you were a WCW mark
Paul! Steph! How are the kids?
>>
It's the best era senpai. By quite a way too
>>
>implying there was a ruthless aggression era

The name itself is retarded
>>
>>3135166
Ruthless Aggression : Attitude : : Silver Age : Golden Age
>>
>>3135218
Nu-male cuck janetty era
>>
Some of the big names were cool but a lot of the RA Era was shit.
>>
>>3135300
Legend Killer Orton was GOAT
>>
>>3135374
It reminds them of how low their standards have become and that this isn't really wrestling anymore.
>>
>>3135367

This is withholding the multiple backstage segments Haitch would have during every single Raw. The motherfucker had the first and last quarters of every show dedicated to him with 2-4 backstage segments a show revolving around whatever storyline him and evolution were involved in at the time. That's also not counting whatever matches evolution might have been involved in with the announces inevitably bringing Haitch up in.
>>
RA had some pretty great shit but looking back, it had some high highs (Smackdown when Heyman was booking it, Brock and Angle was the top feud, Eddie's main event run, Legend Killer Orton and Thugonomics Cena), it had some of the lowest lows in the company's history (the Reign of Terror was awful watching it week to week, WCW guys getting buried, OVW rejects who couldn't get over being pushed hard for a few weeks then being let go, Smackdown once the injuries piled up for the older guys and Brock left).

Still better then today.
>>
>>3135222
>showing raw's ratings decline because of hunter's boring reign and 20 min promos
>not showing based smackdown 6 ratings going up since heyman started booking

you see anon...
>>
>>3135166
Orton and Edge were the shit back in the day... good times
>>
>>3135166
Right now
>>
File: 1504328007218.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1504328007218.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>3135166
>he thinks Gaitch ego trip/Super Cena era was good
>>
Ill takr anything over what we have now.

At least the games were decent then

2006 and 2007 were GOAT 2008 had sabu in it.
Smackdowb vs raw was fun
>>
>>3139118
>At least the games were decent then

No, they weren't.
Last good game was Here Comes The Pain. Everything else was either compete shit or passable at best
>>
>>3139082
>not reading the post
>>
Ruthless Aggression era doesn't exist. I know you want to feel special for the period of time you first started watching wrestling too like Attitude Era fags but you were just born as that era came to a close. The invasion angle sucked and everything that followed to turned off millions of viewers.
>>
Ruthless Aggression Era was fucking awesome and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. I feel like the main reason people don't rate it is because it happened directly after the AE. If it happened now, smarks would love it.
>>
>>3135166
They tarnished this era with the overuse of Cena/Orton/Edge towards the end.
2002 - 2005 was incredible. Then it got shit. Real quick.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.