[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJPW is actually shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 6546654112234.png (232KB, 433x388px) Image search: [Google]
6546654112234.png
232KB, 433x388px
I finally watched some NJPW payperviews and holy shit it was bad.

Yes the wrestling is good , but most of us never cared about that. There are no characters and the little storylines they give are fucking terrible.

We don't watch WWE because some dudes can jump arround the ring , but because we sometimes actual are entertained by the storylines.

NJPW is just acrobatics , not sports entertainment.
>>
>>3134696
OP! I have something that will rid your eyes of such a shitty product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euu6Pio5VKY

BASED WWE PROGRAMMING!
>>
If you've never seen it, you'll be amazed at the first match. Then you'll watch another and think, "alright, pretty good." After you've seen another "great match", you'll think "is this it?"
>>
>>3134700
That segment is obviously shit. But it's still better than anything than hentai wrestling ever produced.
>>
>>3134696
Go watch soap operas then since you enjoy stories instead of in ring action
>>
File: 456542344243.gif (4MB, 330x182px) Image search: [Google]
456542344243.gif
4MB, 330x182px
>>3134704
>In ring action
>>
I can only watch so many "great wrestling" matches. I need something more. WWE's writing more often than not sucks too but when its entertaining (Strowman-Reigns stuff for example) its fucking good.
>>
File: fedora neckbeard..png (302KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
fedora neckbeard..png
302KB, 479x455px
>>3134696
>I finally watched some NJPW payperviews and holy shit it was bad.
>Yes the wrestling is good , but most of us never cared about that. There are no characters and the little storylines they give are fucking terrible.
>We don't watch WWE because some dudes can jump arround the ring , but because we sometimes actual are entertained by the storylines.
>NJPW is just acrobatics , not sports entertainment.
>>
>>3134709
if you don't think Wrestling nowadays are just coordinated fight scenes, then you can go back to watching your "olde tyme wrasslin" VHS tapes
>>
>>3134713
That's the same for most people. Meltzer has talked about how he shows old fans some of the new matches and they are blown away, but what he doesn't understand is that those great matches get old real quick and then their is nothing left to keep people coming back. You can only watch so many meaningless 4-star matches before it gets very old.
>>
>>3134715
>I can surely win an argument by posting a picture of a fatass tipping his fedora
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>3134709
Why are you posting flippyshitters as if that's indicative of NJPW on the whole?
>>
I watched a little older Japanese wrestling, including such legends as Antonio Inoki, instead of NuJapan, and lo and behold, it was miles ahead of NuJapan. No matter where you are on this earth, the feminist beta SJW virus that you see in pic related has inflicted pain on the masses, from the halls of Montezuma's flippy floppy luchadors, to the court of the Emperor of Japan's ... Kas-- Kazoochie? Who?
>>
>no stories

max pleb m8. Shibata vs Okada in -April this year was the culmination of a three year storyline where Okada called Shibata out when he had to prove his loyalty to the company again. The match itself was Shibatas long-awaited redemption and shot at the title he abdicated for MMA at a time when the company needed him most.

That's one example but to say they don't have stories is false, they're just not spoonfed to you by Michael Cole recapping everything ad nauseum.
>>
>>3134696
>Yes the wrestling is good , but most of us never cared about that. There are no characters and the little storylines they give are fucking terrible.

You just exposed yourself that you actually have NOT watched anything NJPW related at all.

>>3134743
cringe
>>
>>3134709
On the whole, none of that is any more fake than an Irish whip
>tug opponents arm and push them in a direction
>person starts running toward the ropes for some reason
>they turn around when hitting the ropes, while grabbing the top rope to keep balance/align themself, instead of just being flung out of the ring
>they then come running back exactly in the direction they came
>>
>>3134752
Nah it is a little more fake than an irish whip
>>
File: 1503895067037.png (481KB, 531x535px) Image search: [Google]
1503895067037.png
481KB, 531x535px
>>3134696
>Yes the wrestling is good , but most of us never cared about that
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzltiVDVb5M
>>
>>3134787
>>Yes the wrestling is good , but most of us never cared about that

OP is 100% right

20k people used to attend house shows in 98-99 to see Austin wrestle Kane/Undertaker or Mankind for 5 mins then drink beer for 10 mins
>>
>>3134792
Austin had good matches with all three of those guys though
>>
>>3134792
>the Attitude Era was good because more people were idiots and had shit taste back then
Really makes me think.
>>
I was typing something, but I gave up. You obviously have no interest in watching NJPW. Even if you did watch more then one PPV, you probably haven't even understood why they are in the ring together, did you.
Same would be for most WWE stuff. There are only several matches, where opening video package is enough.
What have you even watched? If you watched anything.
>>
I love NJPW because unlike WWE they really get the aspect of "show, don't tell". So as a result you get to see all the character work through in ring action rather than boring segments where people just stand around. Everything from Ricochet/Ospreay's showing off, the weird antics from Hiromu Takahashi, Naito smashing championship belts, etc. All does this. Then there's the wrestling it self which actually itself moves forward the storyline whereas in WWE only the win/loss aspect of the matches usually does it with just some heel caveats that make it otherwise. NJPW takes full advantage of the pro wrestling medium meanwhile the WWE can't do that due to lack of creativity and a far dumber audience.

It's also much better than 90s NJPW, too which had fatty charisma vacuums like Shinya Hashimoto and one trick pony character work of Mutoh/Muta.
>>
>not watching LU
lol
>>
>>3134696
The problem with this logic is that WWE can't write good stories to save their lives. Nothing makes any sense. The characters are less than one dimensional. They're constantly breaking kayfabe to the point that it renders everything meaningless. Rarely they'll come up with something that's mediocre instead of outright terrible and then they'll run out of ideas for it and make it terrible. Sometimes they make things terrible on purpose due to backstage politics or just because Vince felt like it.

So it's a matter of what you'd prefer to watch. Do you want to watch something with a shit ton of terrible storytelling with dull formulaic matches in between. Or do you want to watch something with minimal storytelling but with actual good wrestling matches to make up for it?

You could compare it to action movies. Isn't it better to have an action movie that knows it's an action movie and just focuses on gunfights and explosions instead of a pretentious action movie that sacrifices it's actual actions scenes for a plot that utterly fails in every single way. Do you want to play an action video game that just lets you fucking play and enjoy it, or do you want one where the production costs have been funneled away from gameplay and into it's poorly written mess of a story that interrupts you every 5 minutes with another lengthy unskippable shitfest of a cutscene?

Sure it'd be ideal to have both a compelling story and high quality action, but if you're gonna do action, do it properly. And if you're going to do characters and story, do that properly. WWE fails at doing both. NJPW at least succeeds at doing one, and that's all it really tries to do. WWE is pretentious as all fuck dedicating so much time to stories and characters that are on par with what your average 8 year old would come up with.
>>
>>3134696
>multiple multi-year storylines going on at the same time all the time
>great degree of attention to continuity, things that happen are never swept under the rug
>LOL WHERE ARE THE STORYLINE BRO, how come you say there's a storyline if wrestlers aren't spouting shitty scripted lined in awkward and long promos the whole show?
>>
>>3134696
But the e has neither
>>
>>3134696
You're just underage that's all. Even if in retrospect kayfabe was long dead by the late 90s, those of us who are lived through it as actual people and not just sperm know that even though by that time Vince had used the term sports entertainment a few times by then, it was really more then anything to get away from the sports commissions. I could go on but why bother you're too ugly too read probably
>>
>>3134709
The most embarrassing wrestling gif of all time. Yes, it's worse than Roman and Taker botching
>>
>>3135043
As a big NJPW fan, I agree it's embarassing, not the worst but it's there.
I'm not a fan of this type of Indy shit, that's not what Puroresu is about, but hey at least they're in the vanilla midget division
>>
>>3135047
It's the Juniors division, they were doing shit like this and even worse during the 90's. Liger & co. did stupid anime poses all the time.
>>
>>3134709
This is one spot from one 15 minute match in a entire tournament that was a single event over the course of an entire year, yet it's used as shorthand to encompass all of New Japan Pro Wrestling or all of indie wrestling or basically all wrestling outside WWE that I don't like, because all wrestling outside of WWE is bad.

It also completely ignores the context of the spot, that being that the story of the match is Ricochet and Ospreay were intentionally trying to outdo each other and show each other up.

It also completely ignores that the audience is cheering at the end, meaning however you feel about the spot, the match, the wrestlers, IT WORKED. They got the crowd with this spot.

Two workers doing their job and entertaining the crowd while people cry about it and go "not muh wrestling". It's a perfect metaphor for /asp/.
>>
>>3135054
It's just a test of strength spot updated for the times with flippy manlets dude it doesn't need that many words.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.