[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top Tier PPV Names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1501383531915.jpg (157KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501383531915.jpg
157KB, 565x600px
Top Tier PPV Names

S tier
>WrestleMania
>SummerSlam
>Royal Rumble
>The Great American Bash
>Halloween Havoc
>Lockdown

A tier
>Starrcade
>G1 Climax
>Bound for Glory
>Slamboree
>Slammiversary
>Souled Out
>Destination X
>Genesis
>Backlash
>Heat Wave

B tier
>King of The Ring
>No Mercy
>UltraClash
>Judgement Day
>Armaggedon
>Dominion

Everything else sucks.
>>
File: image.gif (900KB, 171x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
900KB, 171x141px
>>3125679
>TLC not in A tier
This is why your list is shit
>>
>>3125679
>Great American Bash
>Halloween Havoc
Stop posting this garbage.
>>
>>3125679
you forgot unforgiven under b tier
>>
>>3125679
What about Backlash?
>>
File: Great_Balls.jpg (29KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
Great_Balls.jpg
29KB, 800x449px
>>3125679
>>
>>3125679
>S tier
>WrestleMania
>SummerSlam
>Royal Rumble
>The Great American Bash
>Halloween Havoc
>Lockdown
One of theeeese is not like the others.

Also your OP picture is fucking horrifying.
>>
>SS Tier
Fatal Four-Way
>>
>no Sakura Genesis
>>
File: 1496188991139.jpg (35KB, 676x676px) Image search: [Google]
1496188991139.jpg
35KB, 676x676px
>wwe owns rights to halloween havoc
>wont bring it back with spooky set and 2010 tier divas costume matches

explain why and slowly please
>>
I like Capitol Punishment, Starrcade, Judgement Day, Backlash, and Hell in a Cell
>>
Optimal WWE PPV cycle, no brand split, only 1 world championship:

>3rd week of Jan: Royal Rumble (winner of RRmatch gets Mania world title shot)
>3rd week of Feb: Night of Champions (all titles must be defended)
>1st week of Apr: Wrestlemania
>1st week of May: No Way Out (matches involving hell in a cell, submissions, straps, etc. mostly blow-offs from Mania)
>1st week of Jun: Money in the Bank (one for male world title, one for female world title)
>1st week of Jul: Vengeance (good name in case of MITB cash-ins, otherwise non-gimmick PPV)
>1st week of Aug: Judgment Day (includes the finale of King of the Ring, winner of KOTR gets nothing but the prestige of the claim to being "singles match wrestler", but will often lead to some sort of title shot at Summerslam)
>last week of Aug: Summerslam
>last week of Sep: Extreme Rules (hardcore matches, TLC, etc)
>last week of Oct: Unforgiven (non-gimmick PPV)
>Sun before Thanksgiving: Survivor Series (survivors of the 5-on-5 match get spots in the Elimination Chamber match
>Sun before Christmas: Elimination Chamber (world title is defended in EC match)
>>
>>3126148
>>last week of Oct: Unforgiven (non-gimmick PPV)

why not halloween havoc
>>
File: Bork.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
Bork.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>3126148
You know have premise of someone winning KOTR have a number one contendership for a world title match at Summerslam could a pretty cool idea. Makes it an important PPV event that equates to the RR.
>>
>>3126187
Not that guy but I always though it made more sense for a King of the Ring finals PPV in December. That water end the year with a new up and comer on top ready to challenge the champion at the ROYAL Rumble.

> King of the Ring
> Royal Rumble
Why do I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this works so well?
>>
>>3126219
Would end the year*

Fucking phone! Stop correcting me when I'm spelling the word right with a different word!
>>
>>3126162
Because Halloween Havoc is a stupid name and has stupid shit-tier sets with spooky skellingtons and ghosts saying boooooo with a Munsters theme song ripoff and someone always gets hit with a pumpkin.

I was a WCW fan as a kid, but seriously all their PPV names and concepts were terrible. I have never understood why people on the internet claim Halloween Havoc was a good name for a PPV.
>>
>>3126187
It lessens what makes the Royal Rumble special. There's enough "this gets you a title shot" matches out there with RR and MITB.

I'd like to see KOTR put over as something earned by the best singles match competitor over the Summer. It doesn't have to always go to a technical wrestler, but that should be the majority of guys in the tournament. I'd also re-tool it to be a point-based "chase series" instead of a single-elimination tourney. Ultimately the KOTR winner lays claim to being the best "pure wrestler" in the WWE right now. Whether that means he gets a midcard or main event title shot or just some other feud, is left open for the bookers to play with.
>>
>>3126219

KING of the Ring
ROYAL RUMBLE

CLEVER
>>
Survivor series?
>>
>>3126277
Survivor Series always ends up being the black kid of the "Big 4" family. Vince was going to fucking ditch it all together about 10 years ago. It was purely made so WWE could fuck with WCW when they wanted to put on Starcade for the PPV providers.
>>
Also on the subject of King of the Ring, sure keep the throne. But the winner should also get a nice looking trophy not unlike the G1 trophy. And STOP forcing the medieval king gimmick on everyone who wins it. Just announce them as the King of the Ring as they come out until the next year's one.

I feel like of they brought it back now they could have qualifying matches on Raw and Smackdown for eight spots each. Then make the matches a network exclusive until the semis and the final on PPV.

I also feel like if anyone should win it who's on the roster now. Bobby Roode would be perfect. Imagine Corey marking out when he comes out "Shut up Tom! Make way for the Glorious King!"
>>
>>3125679
Wasn't Starrcade WCW marquee event for a while, but it started to take a back seat I think when they added Batttlebowl (even though I lived rhe gimmick as a kid)
>>
>>3126300
>medieval king gimmick
I think a simple laurel wreath would look classy, and unobtrusive enough that anyone can wear it to the ring all year long.
>>
>>3126300

Anon, this might be the best idea ever on this board.
>>
File: dba59fba69.jpg (84KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
dba59fba69.jpg
84KB, 720x720px
>>
>>3126338
Reminder that this was a reference to cucknette.
>>
>>3126262
I see your point then. It's pretty solid.
>>3126300
How about make the KOTR in the style of G1 instead of tournament and run it all summer. Have major matches in RAM and Smack and the rest in house shows for the network. Allow
called up NXT wrestlers in the matches to help put them over. Winner gets the title of King of the Ring. If NJPW can take the MITB concept and change it a little for their own, then WWE is allowed to adopt something from New Japan.
>>
>>3125679
Bad Blood is S tier
>>
>>3126352
WWE isn't New Japan. Americans will be completely blown out if there was a round robin style tournament. Don't get me wrong there's probably something better than a simple single elimination tournament they can do.
>>
>>3126300
> The Glorious King
Now I want them to bring it back if not just for this.
>>
Survivor Series is S tier. I've always loved that name, it's classy yet hasn't sounded cheesy in any era. Plus the Survivor Series match is classic Fed. I'm not the only one that feels this way either, some years ago when the E quietly implied that they'd be doing away with the event, there was considerable fan backlash. Clearly, it wouldn't be "The Big Four" without it.
>>
>>3126142
Because Vince hates fun.
>>
>>3126409
He said slowly ya goof.
>>
>>3126255
I liked the WCW names more than WWE. After 20 years I stoll remember what time if the year Superbrawl, Spring Stampede, Bash at the Beach and Halloween Havoc.

I still have no idea when WWE generic bad action movie PPV names like No Mercy, Backlash, Payback take place
>>
>>3126406
I wish they'd put more stakes into it. I like the one anon's idea of the Survivor Series winners going into the elimination chamber.

An idea I've played around with is of either the winning team or the survivors from the winning team get a guaranteed later spot(20-30) in the rumble but I guess that might take away some of the surprise factor.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.