[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think about this for a second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1503722186902.jpg (39KB, 409x411px) Image search: [Google]
1503722186902.jpg
39KB, 409x411px
There were no 6-star matches before the start of this year. I mean, there actually was but no one knew about it, that's how obscure it was. Now, fast forward to August. Wait. what? There are now THREE 6 star matches? And a 5-star 3 quarters to add? AND THEY WERE ALL BY THIS MAN RIGHT HERE?? Kenny fucking Omega. Are you fucking kidding me right now!? Jesus. Fuck. He's set his own standard for other wrestlers. I mean he's single handedly made 5-star matches mean NOTHING. It's now about 6-stars. I mean, if Cena and AJ can put together 4 and 3 quarters, and maybe even 5, hell, just give them 5, THAT MEANS NOTHING ANYMORE. THAT IS HOW GOOD KENNY OMEGA IS.
>>
please shut up loser
>>
File: tips fedora.png (319KB, 407x412px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
319KB, 407x412px
>>3125383
>please shut up loser
>>
>>3125364
Misawa vs. Kawada in 1994 got 6 stars you dumb mark.
>>
>>3125405
>I mean, there actually was but no one knew about it, that's how obscure it was
Read, fag
>>
>>3125405
post proof
>>
>>3125364
What's on his face?
>>
>>3125415
>Misawa/Kawada
>obscure
Only to NuJapan fags like you.
>>
>>3125424
>>
>>3125405
wait, was it 6 at the time of rating? i thought it was 5+
>>
Do you think those 4 matches are 4 of the 5 best of all time?
>>
>>3125364
Shibata/Okada was better than any of the matches that got 6 stars and the Naito/Omega one.
>>
>>3125439
According to big dick dave.
>>
>>3125364
>he's single handedly made 5-star matches mean NOTHING
They have always meant nothing.
>>
>>3125441
Agree with this. Shibata/Okada was better than all the Kenny/Okada matches by far.
>>
>>3125442
I said do you think that?
>>
>>3126781
Of course he does, NuJapanlets can't think for themselves.
>>
>>3125439
Objectively they are. If you look past the meme stars, they're matches of out of this world storytelling and athleticism.
>>
>>3125364
>but no one knew about it, that's how obscure it was.
Fuck you.
>>
>>3125364
Based
>>
Wasn't there a 6-star Flair vs. Steamboat match as well?
>>
>>3126793
Okada vs Omega 3 was a 20 Minute match where Omega slapped Okadas back a bunch of times before spamming a bunch of finishers that got kicked out of with a bit of a story behind it. I wouldnt consider that one of the the top 5 best matches of all time.
>>
>>3126793
If you think they are the best matches of all time then fair enough, but most people who see the Meltz' 6 star ratings they instantly say "GREATEST MATCH OF ALL TIME WWE BTFO!!!!" or some shit like that without actually thinking for themselves.
>>
>>3125426
Rivers of little Ibushis
>>
>>3125426
Meltzer
>>
>>3126793
I love both of the guys involved in those matches, but give me a fucking break. The storytelling and ring psychology, and certain spots in particular (you know which ones) really were spectacular. But I feel like people are overblowing their place in history a little bit.

The most historically significant match this year was Omega v. Okada I at WK. and like michaels and undertakers' first WM match before it, their subsequent sequel (and triquel in omega and okadas case) was amazing too. However, To be considered among the best matches of ALL TIME IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING, there needs to be some sort of cultural significance or an innovation of great importance that occurs within a match, and that match should be considered amazing both, from a technical standpoint AND psychological by a vast majority of the wrestling community, critic and fan alike.

Bitch.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.