[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Closeted wrestling fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Anybody else not really an "open" wrestling fan?
I'm pretty hardcore into it but so much stigma around it with so many stupid questions that get asked I keep it secret.

Plus so much silly shit is done these days I can't justify, show most of this shit to a normie and they look at you like a freak.

Also folks like the whatculture bunch just push wrestling fans as being these whiny betamales that are somewhat embarrassing to associate with.
>>
>>3123708
I'm open but don't buy merch and not super autism about it irl.
>>
File: 1504880489795.png (3MB, 1848x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1504880489795.png
3MB, 1848x1036px
>>3123716
There is definitely a point where you sacrifice a lot of social dignity
>>
>>3123708
Im open about it if I her asked but you are right about everything. New Day really makes it embarrassing
>>
WWE and the mainstream perception of it is the reason it is embarrassing to be seen as a wrestling fan by society.
As the industry leader, they do nothing to improve or enhance the image of pro wrestling to getting it back to the level of mainstream acceptance it once was.
Shit like the pic in OP does not help that either btw.
>>
>implying any "normies" know wtf a "WhatCulture" is
>>
>>3123718
Depends. If you don't look fat or ugly.
>>
>>3123727
>Implying wrestling fans are somehow not ""normal"" just because they watch a show every 11 year old knows about
>>
>>3123726
Attiude and wwf 80s had the same shit.

It's just trendy to not like wrestling.
>>
>>3123708
My close friends know I'm a wrestling fan. I don't talk about it very much, except for when I want to try moves, chop-battle someone, or play some SmackDown vs. Raw.

If someone says it's fake, I just tell people that Japanese people drop each other on their heads and hit each other for real.
>>
>>3123727
I was more using whatculture as an example of what the stereotypical wrestling fan is like
>>
>>3123742
Those who can't look past the "fake" thing are the most annoying. I am so bored of that point.
>>
>>3123708
I came out by showing some friends Wrestling Isn't Wrestling. I'm still closeted to other friends though.
>>
I'm a pretty open fan, don't care. Stop giving a shit in second grade when the Attitude Era was fading out.
>>
File: the king.jpg (132KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
the king.jpg
132KB, 720x714px
>>3123708
I don't hide my love for wrestling. If anything, it has made a great improvement on my life. Thanks to my hero, I barely speak English anymore. I only use English to express myself on the interwebs.
>>
>>3123929
I'm still pretty much a wrestling pleb but I have a couple friends who got me into it by showing me Wrestling isn't Wrestling and LU.
>>
>>3124213
They're good intros to wrestling. I bet GLOW helped quite a bit as well.
>>
>>3123745
>implying most people don't see wrestling fans as illiterate rednecks
>>
>why do you still watch that, anon?
>it's fun
>oh

People really don't give a shit.
>>
I pretend to be hardcore to the 2 friends of mine who still care about it. Truth is I haven't watched a full episode of raw in years. Only my grandmother still cares about this in my entire circle of family and friends. /Asp/ has lots of fun bantz though
>>
>>3124243
>implying most people arent illiterate trash pop culture plebs that like what they are told to like ie goyum
>>
>>3123749
>>3124255
>Why do you watch that?
It's entertaining, and there's lots of different stuff to watch. Plus, live shows are a lot of fun.
>Don't you know it's fake?
Yes. Everyone does. It's entertainment. I don't think a vertical suplex will work in a street fight.
>Aren't wrestling fans all losers?
Well, uh...um...plans change.
>>
>>3124243
Probably in the US, I'm British here they are seen as betamale nerds
>>
I watch wrestling for 8 years now and nobody knows
>>
>>3123708
It's not something I advertise but will talk about it if the subject comes up.

Big issue is that people expect you to defend the current WWE product and I really dislike what they're peddling.
>>
I own a few shirts, but with the style of NJPW and a few WWE shirts, people always assume they're band shirts or some random graphic tee. So it's whatever.

I will also never buy a replica belt or any of the toys though. I am 26 and still feel like I got some level of self respect.
>>
I live in China and it's just started to become popular here so no real stigma. People don't really know any of the older guys though, I have an Eddie shirt and an Apollo shirt and no one really recognises the Eddie shirt but a few Chinese people know the Crews shirt.
>>
>>3123708
What is it about the whatchads that work beta 4chan janettys so much?
>>
>TFW work colleague is a wrestling fan and I have to pretend I don't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>3123708
The Penn State Marching band
Toyota
>>
>>3123708
>>
>>3123728
this. First question I ask people is if they like wrestling. If they can't hang, i don't want to be around them.
>>
>>3123749
It is fake though, faggot
>>
>>3130662
Spotted the neckbeard.
>>
>>3123708
i used to but the stigma has really, really receded in recent years as more of the ridiculousness of wrestling has bled into mainstream consciousness. If i'm talking to kids and they don't like it I won't bring it up cause they don't understand but I'm capable of explaining the appeal to other adults pretty easily
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.