[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No stories. Just matches. Are you enjoying it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: DHuNbj1UIAAG9N1.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DHuNbj1UIAAG9N1.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
Here we have wrestling presented as a sport. No stories, no feud builds, just matches. Like a worked tennis tournament with theatrics. Are you liking the MYC? Should there be more tournaments and points based round robins in wrestling? In WWE?
>>
I didn't like it
>>
>>3119186
I am loving it. The variety of styles, the matches always staying in the ring, the lighting, the "normal" pace of the wrestling, the non-CF0$ themes, the longer matches, and the lack of camera zoom-ins are all great.

Yes, there should be more tournaments. WWE should just straight up rip off the G1.
>>
>>311918
Are you part of wwe creative? Will our response affect wwe in any way?
>>
>>3119186
>No stories

The stories are in the ring and are told through the contrast of styles.
>>
>>3119186
There were stories. But they were only in-ring stories and only several matches had them, because they didn't have enough time.
So let's see what stories emerged from the whole tourney.
>>
>>3119186
There is stories, it's just not well-delivered as in CWC. Mostly due to the fact that both JR and Lita did a bad job
>>
>>3119195
>>3119199
>>3119202
These. Stories leading into matches are cool too, but WWE fucking sucks at it most of the time.
>>
>>3119214
>>3119214
>>3119186
I am typing several of them out. Give me time, coworkers are looking over my shoulder a lot today.
>>
>>3119218
1) Laycey Evans v Taynara Conti

Both of them built something for later down the line, it almost appeared that Evans is mentoring Taynara and they will be having several programs together. Taynara ended their match literally seething about being beaten by Evans.

2) Shayna Bazsler's story

First people cheered her, but she has beaten "anti-bully" girl Zeda, she literally bullied her. Then she beats Mia Yim, another crowd favorite and shows her real ugly side (but she gets enough of the match to Mia, so Mia looks really good), other sign that WWE wants to sign Mia. And then we get LeRae match. And in this match we have final version of Bazsler's character. She won't stop choking LeRae, she calls out Jonny, to do somethign about it and noone can do anything about her. Last part of her story is her beating her mentor Martinez and showing respect to her, because Martinez is woman who made who she is today. And you can't have bigger contrast in Bazsler v Sane in the finals.
>>
I loved it. And i think there were plenty of stories with each woman background, and the fight themselves. I would love to see something similar for a belt in the main roster
>>
>>3119267
3) Kairi Sane's story
She is the pirate who will steal your heart. She is going to fight from underneath, but she has experience and her finisher kills people. Tessa was crying in the end, cause she got her hopes crushed (but she knows Kairi gave her the best match she could have had in the first round). Bianca was crying, because this was the best match she ever had and she finally got what pro-wrestling is. Dakota has been wrestling with Kairi in STARDOM, they've been friends for a long time, now they are together here and they can conquer the world. And Toni? Toni knows Kairi is better, Toni knows matches in STARDOM made her and Toni knows what Kairi sacrificed to go to NXT. And now tiny pirate who swill hug her opponent who loves pro-wrestling and who loves everyone she gets into ring with will meet the bully, fighter and powerhouse in Shayna. It is ultimate clash of style. Flashy colourful pirate against no non-sense fighter.

And there are more. But they didn't have enough time to develop them. And also commentary was bad, so they haven't hinted at story of Toni Storm for example who won every match with different finisher v Kairi who won every match with the elbow. That's cool story. But we didn't get that, cause they sucked balls.
>>
I personally have always really enjoyed tournaments king of the ring was one of my fave events growing up.
>>
>>3119186
I've said since the early /sp/ days WWE should be presented in a more tournament-like manner, with a leaderboard/table, rewarded points for wins that can vary depending on different scenarios, and annual bracket/knock-out tournaments (Like KOTR) where the winner is given a main title shot. And don't have two of each division title, it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>3119186
>no stories

MYC is the story. Whoever wins gets massive exposure.
>>
>>3119299
They had a great opportunity with 205 Live. But Vince doesn't understand sporty presentation. He understands his soap opera/travelling circus approach. And it is great for what it is, 205 Live could have been different. Instead it is the same as HW division, just people in it are smaller. The fuck?
>>
>>3119186
i bearly made it through the first match before i fell asleep i kind of remember princess sugarshit beating someone and haven't wanted to turn it on again. lita and jr's commentary is brutal
>>
>>3119285
I liked some of the stories in Piper's matches.

>vs Santana Garrett
Santana is a super hero. She is extremely pretty in a conventional sense and has a high flying athletic style. She exudes positivity.

In this first match Piper is the dark horse. Nobody really knows exactly what to expect out of her. As the match goes on Santana hits her with several moves that would have been finishing moves on other women. Piper shrugs them off. Santa dodges Piper's offense in the early minutes, but as time wears on she tires and gets bulldozed. She valiantly kicks out, and even tries her finishing move the Shining Star Press (not named by the announcers) but misses and is scooped up and destroyed with a Michinoku Driver. Piper wins and all of a sudden an albatross comes over the tournament because Santana was supposed to be "good" and expected to make it far.

>vs Serena
Now everybody knows Piper is the real deal, but we still want to see Serena win her because it's a feel-good story of Redemption. Piper is a face, but she will not step aside just because of someone from the last generation's feelings. Serena rallies, but never even comes close to putting Piper away. They are not on the same power level at this point.

>vs Toni Storm
The very first spot of this match establishes Toni is different from previous opponents and knows how to use Piper's size against her, winning the collar and elbow tie up in the beginning. The following spots continue to establish we are in the deeper parts of the tournament with a higher skill and strength level. Of course, Piper finally gets tired of the show-off spots and just fuckin' squashes her. The beatdown continues until Toni kicks out of the early Michinoku Driver. Piper can't believe it and loses her composure and commits a fatal error going to the top rope with her back turned to her opponent. Toni capitalizes and squeezes out a win. Like many big wrestlers, the story is Piper ends up defeating herself.
>>
>>3119186
Not really.

However, I have only seen the first four shows so far and not one match has been good or even enjoyable. The women lack charisma and their matches are boring to watch.

The women are cute though. I like Dakota.
>>
>>3119285
Really shows the value of good commentary
>>
I've only enjoyed a couple of matches. That japanese girl is quite good, and im liking the mma girl.

I think the biggest thing, is that many women are just going through the motions. They can do individual parts of a match, but they are so awkward at putting it all together.

Also they're just not as physically fast or strong as their male counterparts, so that might play a part too.
>>
>>3119310
Gotta stick with what you know because if it worked once before, it'll work again, and again, and again. And if it doesn't? Well, fuck it, the people involved obviously aren't good enough so try it with something else.
>>
If you're going to present your show as pseudo-sports, ratings are going to freefall even more. Tournaments like KOTR are allright every once in a while. Just hire writers that can actually write entertaining episodic TV.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.