[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if it was so good why did they end the attitude era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: wwfattiude.jpg (55KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wwfattiude.jpg
55KB, 1920x1080px
if it was so good why did they end the attitude era?
>>
>>3117405
edgy pg-13 fans were growing up and having kids
>>
Steph became head of creative
>>
>>3117405
they beat the wcw and that ended the era
>>
WCW went out of business so there was no sense in trying anymore

Also it was getting pretty fucking stale at the time, people look back on it with rose tinted glasses, A LOT of the attitude era was fucking garbage
>>
>>3117405
too edgy for high profile sponsors and tv deals being shit.
>>
>>3117421

Which is coincidentally around the time they tried to force Triple H as THE GUY, instead of the guy who works with the actual draws in Austin and Rock.
>>
it naturally burned out

you can only do the same stuff with the same guys for so long before it becomes stale

plus the two biggest names left
>>
>>3117405
Because WCW died and Vince only went full edgy because he had no choice at the time
>>
Ruthless Aggression was still the shit for a while
>>
The world had grown up

RA era didn't realise that and the ratings tanked in response
>>
>>3117405
When the two top stars leave, it's over automatically. They didn't purposefully end it... I hope.
>>
>>3117583
Yes. The world got too mature for mature content that and asked for Hustle, Loyalty, Respect instead. I guess Cena's actually short for Cenile.

I've seen this meme a couple times. I'd bet paid shills were the first to come up with that idiocy.
>>
>>3117535
>rocketty
>draw

Hi dwayne!
>>
>>3117589

> lose Rock and Austin.
build up Brock and sign Goldberg to replace them
>lose Brock and Goldberg
short term replace them with Eddie and Benoit and company goes in shitter
>business recovers when they put Cena and Batista on top
>Benoit fallout, drug testing, PG rating, Linda senate campaign - WWE has never recovered
>>
>>3117405
four letters.
N
J
P
W
>>
>>3117405
>Invasion is over, WCW is dead in the ground for good, ECW goes under and is cannibalized by WWF
>Brand split
>WWF becomes WWE
>Mick Foley leaves in 2001
>Rock and Stone Cold leave in '03/'04

Change was in the wind, my man
>>
>>3117405
It wasn't good senpai. Rock and Austin were good. The rest was shit.
>>
>>3117412
No we weren't we got hooked on drugs and left we back now tho so phuck 0ff unless u want me to redbox your trunk and ruin u
>>
>>3117791
t. someone who has never watched Attitude Era
>>
>>3117405
9/11 killed the attitude era in overall culture.
>>
>>3119232
fucking americetty working itself into a shoot
>>
>>3119238
bin laden living in Pakistan RENT FREE
>>
The RA Era from 02-07 was actually way more edgy than the AE..

More model Divas employed to flat out show tits and ass
A live sex celebration
A match with God in it
More matches with blood
ECW one night stands
Racist gimmicks like Cryme Tyme and The Mexicools
Benoit scandal
Randy telling Rey that Eddies in Hell
>>
advertisers wouldn't work with WWE. Also the AE was a product of it's time, same as 90's simpsons. It could never have lasted forever.
>>
>>3119467
and yet they still manage to stop your nazi rallies cold
>>
>>3119514
It's off topic content
Don't respond, it's all he wants
Report and move on.
Don't give him attention.

Anyway the Attitude era ended because the competition all died and society was changing and evolving away from the edgy/crash TV style of presentation, WWE were under pressure to move away from that type of content too by sponsors/affiliates/networks/etc.
Attitude Era was a product of it's time and place, it can never be replicated.
>>
was never fond of RA era at the time, think mostly the name change to WWE from WWF and something about the presentation made it seem corny, but when you look at it when you have segments like HLA were Bischoff invites lesbians to make out in the middle of the ring only to have the shit beaten out of them by three minute warning after, mixed with matches like HHH vs HBK and Angle vs Benoit around 2002/2003, it was actually the only era they combined geniuenly tasteless storylines with amazing in ring product, might be their finest era, i think from 2005 onwards it really started to go to shit though
>>
File: antifa hit.jpg (96KB, 960x648px) Image search: [Google]
antifa hit.jpg
96KB, 960x648px
>>3119514
>and yet they still manage to stop your nazi rallies cold
kek, there's never been ONE time Antifa didn't get beat the fuck out
>>
>>3119514
the amount of brainwashing your estrogen filled ass is under is amazing

like so much even black people are starting to find your leftist cuck shit cringe as hell
>>
>>3117737
Millennial pinhead
>>
>>3117760
They are literally unheard of
>>
>>3118720
This is actually what happened to me Kek. By 2004 I was 17 Austin and rock were gone and I was never home when it was on TV. Finding alcohol, amphetamines, ecstasy, weed for the first time. But now I'm back trying to cling to the hope things might get a bit better. And to be fair from when I jumped back in which was around 2014 it had gotten bit better but only recently with the strowman stuff. More than anything I wish there was just more natural talking and roasting eachother, let the naturally talented guys shine through because the matches and stuff are great just that cringey awful dialogue and the way they are not allowed to look at the camera in the back stage segments is terrible.
>>
>>3119240
CIA and Obama wrote him out the story so he kayfabe died and couldn't work for another promotion. Hasnt been seen since. Worked reverse shoot ?
>>
>>3119564
Awesome
>>
>>3119564
>>3119564
lol you actually believe you're winning. how cute.
>>
>>3117405
politics. like everything else, they were getting sued left and right by various organizations and he won the monday night wars so they didn't really need edgy story lines anymore
>>
>>3117515
This
>>
>>3119682
>literally unheard of
>you have now heard of them
Literally retarded.
>>
Austin's run will always be the best wrestling run. But RA > AE as a whole.
>>
>>3117405
Chris beniot murdering his family
>>
File: Untitled42.jpg (123KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled42.jpg
123KB, 940x545px
>>3117405
>S-society has just evolved, guys
>I-it was a p-product of its t-t-time
>Y-yes you're still talking about the Attitude Era, one day people w-will look back on th-th-this era the same way, it's nothing but n-n-n-na n-n-n-na hey hey hey stal-gia
>>
>>3119981
Imagine telling Harley Race in 1972 that this is what his profession will become.
>>
File: 1502830997070.jpg (39KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502830997070.jpg
39KB, 394x600px
>>3117737
In all seriousness I work with a guy who's 20 and a huge nu wwe fan. He says things like this. HHH got brought up one time because I called him overrated. My co workers response " how's he overrated?? He carried the attitude era and stuck around when all those other dudes left. He's one of the best ever" its good to Paul and steps revisionist history is taking.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.