[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANTHEM SELLING GFW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 1504716748537.jpg (63KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1504716748537.jpg
63KB, 1024x624px
>PWInsider reports that "multiple meetings" were held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the future of GFW. Members of the roster were called to reassure them of the company's stability in the wake of the Jarrett announcement. But with these latest reports, it seems that Anthem is looking for suitors to get rid of GFW. Barrasso reports that among the potential suitors are WWE, Ring Of Honor and former TNA investor Billy Corgan.

*breathes in
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>wwe buying tna

They would gain nothing from this. The tape library is 90% garbage.
>>
>>3116724
I really hope Big Tunes Billy go somewhere else with his passion. TNA already burned him once
>>
>>3116728
Not only that they would absolutely gut the place.
>>
>>3116728
Like everything it would depend on the price

The tape library might be garbage but it would keep it out of the hands of opposition, and owning the TNA brand will kill one of the few "recognised" non-WWE wrestling brand names.
>>
This isn't really a good thing, the more non-WWE promotions exist the better.
>>
>>3116750
Who wants the tape library other than wwe though? ROH doesn't have a platform to distribute it unless they are going to start selling tna dvds.

The only positive I could see coming from this is wwe finally getting an avenue to put broken matt on a big stage, but at this point I highly doubt they think it's worth that.
>>
hahahaha what about the GFW network they announced?
>>
And somewhat will survived
>>
Billy bringing back NWA:TNA.
>>
>>3116762
>Who wants the tape library other than wwe though? ROH doesn't have a platform to distribute it unless they are going to start selling tna dvds.
If no-one else is interested then the price won't be very high making it something they could literally buy just to stockpile with no intention of doing anything
>>
>>3116775
it also sends the message once again that you can't beat the WWE and if you try, you will fail, lose your money & and Vince will pick up your brand for peanuts.
>>
>>3116724
Lol impact in the nxt arena.

Or I always joked Roh would merge with tna. Weird to see it may happen.
>>
>>3116788
It would be sort of fun to see an NXT invasion angle. Since there are tons of people in NXT who have tna roots. Though like every invasion angle ever it would be total shit. Still a neat novelty. It would also let them slowly cull off the talent they were never interested in.
>>
If Billy comes back does that mean kino will be back on the menu?
>>
>>3116769
I don't think Billy could do any better with it at this point
They're locked into all kinds of shitty tv deals that don't give much if anything in financial compensation.
There just isn't a strong way to monetize the brand at the moment. Anyone who purchases will have to run it out of pocket until they come up with a strong and sustainable revenue stream, which would be one hell of a trick. Jarrett couldn't do it, Dixie couldn't do it, and now Anthem can't do it.
>>
>>3116728
Haitch loves his tna/indy guys. The tape library would be worth it if it's cheap just for video packages.
>>
>inb4 WWE buys it and we get a 2018 invasion storyline/PPV
>>
>>3116728 more for the network, promotes AJ/Roode/Angle/Marti/Jade/Hardys/Eric Young/ some of the other talent they've picked up. It helps when commentators can legally mention that stuff.
>>
>>3116762
if wwe buy the tapes it'll be used for broken matt and to show how good aj styles was in tna
>>
>>3116724
>and former TNA investor Billy Corgan

Does this idiot just want to waste all of his money? This guy will end up being worst than Dixie Carter just you watch.
>>
I'd be fine with WWE buying GFW if they let them book their own product.
>>
Can WWE just buy it for the tape library already, holy shit I'm sick of hearing about how that dog and pony show is constantly fucking up their opportunities.
>>
>>3116893
Commentators can legally mention that stuff. Vince is just autistic about competition.
>>
>>3116817
That could save wrestling
>>
>get to relive comedy relief AJ on the network

cool
>>
>>3116724
The only thing worth buying it for would be the TNA tape library, which still wouldn't be worth too much in any market in my opinion. No point in keeping it running, the promotion is/was a total failure and always will be.
>>
>>3117702
>Eric Young the dumb-ass is coming back
kewl
>>
>>3116817
>Yfw it starts at Royal Rumble, with Lesnar being Jumped backstage a la Foley Jumping Test at RR2004
>Angle is fuming, and sends his jumper into the rumble in Brock's place.
>The clock counts down
>Music related plays
https://youtu.be/ubTkByXsp-Y
>yfw Bobby Lashley wins the 2018 Royal Rumble
>Yfw Lesnar vs Strowman vs Lashley Universal Title triple threat at WM34
>>
>>3117932
Meant to reply to>>3117681
>>
>it's another waiting for TNA/GFW to die episode
>>
>>3117932
if wwe wanted lashley again he would already be there
>>
>>3117746

>scared-of-monters eric young and million dollar roode

BASED
>>
Time Warner is going to buy it and put it back on TNT on Mondays.
>>
File: Jeff-Jarrett-signed-guitar.png (251KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff-Jarrett-signed-guitar.png
251KB, 692x577px
Jeff Jarrett is probably the greatest carnie of all time.
>>
>backstory to the inevitable Joe vs AJ feud
>Unbreakable 05 in the promo
LICENCE TO MINT DIMES
>>
File: Billy-Corgan-bald1.jpg (162KB, 570x395px) Image search: [Google]
Billy-Corgan-bald1.jpg
162KB, 570x395px
>Anthem sells GFW to Billy Corgan for $10 million
>Billy sinks another $10 million into GFW
>Jeff Jarrett returns and informs Billy that Anthem never owned GFW, and his $10mil to Anthem and $10mil to GFW are gifts
>Anthem resurrects the name "TNA" and continues on with their talent like nothing happened.
The world is a vampire.
>>
Jeff Jarrett has not issued any public comments since his indefinite leave of absence from GFW was announced on Tuesday but he did edit his bios on Instagram and Twitter. Jarrett is already teasing new projects to come soon.

His Twitter bio now reads, "Husband! Father! Family Man! Love to quote Scripture and Quotes that mean something 2 me... Several new projects on the way…Bookings, email [email protected]" His Instagram bio now reads like this, "Really looking forward to things to come..." http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0906/631927/jeff-jarrett-teases-projects-is-taking-bookings/ .
>>
>>3118539
>billy just uses the NWA name instead
>>
File: when will they learn jpg.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
when will they learn jpg.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>3118488
>>
File: beard.jpg (337KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
337KB, 1600x1200px
>>3118488
>When the guy you take a photo of for the stock photo is embarrassed to even do it
>>
>>3116724
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
File: 1445862820315.jpg (42KB, 546x432px) Image search: [Google]
1445862820315.jpg
42KB, 546x432px
fucking enough with this shit, it's dead brand, what kind of lunatic wants to keep shoving good money after bad endlessly, let it go man

let
it
go
>>
File: corgan.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
corgan.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>TNA investor Billy Corgan

DALE
>>
Jeffrey jarret

>worked vince
>worked wwf
>worked wcw
>worked hogan
>worked dixie
>worked anthem
>worked tna
>worked NJPW

is he the fucking GOAT?
>>
Ring of Honor and any other promotion that focuses on purely wrestling should stay away from this.

Let WWE and their "Sports Entertainment" have it.
>>
>>3118732
>worked Kurt Angle irl into a real life cuck angle and cucked him irl
>>
The best outcome, they sell it to billy and it lasts another 5 years. Billy goes broke, sells it to ROH, it lasts another 10 years. ROH gets tired of it and sells it to WWE and it finally die. What a long strange trip its been

Miget jerking off in a trashcan.gif
>>
>>3118747

No selfies please
>>
>>3118732
You forgot AAA and The Crash.

Konnan must be literally seething
>>
I'm starting to think Billy saw this coming a mile off and was the main reason he purchased the NWA name - to take back TNA and rebrand as a name with less poison associated with it.
>>
>>3119225
Based Billy playing 4D chess
>>
There are really only two outcomes: WWE buys, or WWE doesn't.

If anyone else buys it, they are gonna have to build close co-operation with all the other indie feds anyway, regardless of whether Impact becomes RoH or NWA property.

If Vince buys it, it will be for the tape library, so the highest offer he will table is gonna be a lowball because, as others have said, that library ain't really worth shit.

It'd be nice to think of GFW as a Jim Cornette / Bruce Prichard operated developmental territory for WWE, but that would put it in direct competition with NXT. And I donät think HHH is a huge fan of Corny or Bruce to begin with,so he'd politic to block that ever happening.
>>
File: tna.jpg (42KB, 637x306px) Image search: [Google]
tna.jpg
42KB, 637x306px
>>3118488
Yes, he is. Every time TNA finances come up, I have to remind myself of just how fast the Carter family was identified as money marks and sucked right in.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.