[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I make it in the wrestling biz without doing flippy shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: flips.gif (4MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
flips.gif
4MB, 400x200px
Can I make it in the wrestling biz without doing flippy shit?
>>
>>3104906
Yes. Flippy dudes love bruisers basing for them. Also look at Walter. Or Keith Lee (tho he flips a little) or Matt Riddle.
Indy wrestling is not only flipping, it's a whole lot of other guys. Cause not everyone can flip.
>>
File: IMG_20170809_074131.jpg (19KB, 231x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170809_074131.jpg
19KB, 231x400px
>>3104906
Surprisingly no one even tried to copy him considering how successful he is with a very limited moveset other than the subs.
>>
>>3104906
There's tons of non flippy dudes on the indies. Try actually watching some independent wrestling if you want to know what the sport looks l ike outside of the wwe
>>
My favorite indie wrestler for a good while was Prince Devitt and he wasn't much of a flippy shitter
>>
Khali did it
>inb4 gif of him hopping over the ropes
>>
File: 1501067920042.jpg (135KB, 1024x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1501067920042.jpg
135KB, 1024x1004px
no flips
no muscle
>most booked wrestler worldwide
>>
Vast majority of indie wrestlers aren't flippyshitters and the ones that are really only go full flippyshit retard at PWG and other meme promotions.
>>
>>3104928
I mean, there are guys like Drew and Rory Gulak who kiiind of do the same style. Mike Quackenbush has always been really big on the obnoxiously intricate submission hold thing too, but that's only one of the many, many obnoxiously intricate things he does.
>>
>This thread
What the fuck is going on, /asp/? Are all the "topkek indy flippyshit vanilla midgets never drew a dime" shitposters asleep or something?
>>
>>3105187
Summer's over so they're most likely back to school
>>
I laugh at all these flippy indie kids.
You have a million of luchadores doing the same shit but much better.
>>
>>3105270
I laugh at anybody who thinks WWE is a good career move while Vince is gay for Roman
>>
If you're big, yes. If you're not it's becoming increasingly tough to stand out unless you're a comedy geek or a flippy geek.
>>
>>3104906
>Making it in wrestling biz
>PWG
doesn't compute

>making it in wrestling biz
>WWE
now we are talking

Jinder Mahal is making more money than Young Bucks FTR
>>
>>3105277
Yeah

Who wants to be on the biggest company when you can literally die or at best get paralyzed in front of 50 people crowds?
>>
>>3105288
Young Bucks are playing to bigger crowds than him so I doubt that very much.
>>
>>3105292
DELUSIONAL
>>
>>3105296
New Japan sold out Sumo Hall for 3 nights straight

Smackdown hasn't sold out 3 times in the last 3 months

>>3105289
>in front of 50 people crowds?

Sounds like a Smackdown house show desu
>>
>>3105288
yea FUCK THE REVIVAL homie
TOO SWEET
>>
File: okada no dimes.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
okada no dimes.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>3105301
Listen you thick fuck. I studied and continue to study this business for past 20 years. I looks ALL metrics for prominent promotions. You don't fool me cunt. NJPW averages about 1,200 per show house show. WWE averages about 3,800 per house show. New Japan on it's best doesn't have a quarter of worldwide penetration, visibility, mainstream acceptance, exposure etc. etc. etc. nor overall do they draw numbers or revenue/profit WWE does. I'm not interested in shitty delusional defence of your weebo fed.
>>
>>3105318
This whole Inokism meme is so unfunny.
>>
>>3105176
You forgot
>future IWGP Intercontinental Champion

>>3105277
The best career path today is Devitt's and Nakamura's path. Train under NJ dojo, be the best pro wrestler in your early age, then phone it in for WWE and enjoy the big paycheck. The only downside is WWE is still not risk-free from injury.
>>
File: 0RIDM.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0RIDM.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
>>3105318
When you were partying I studied This Business

When you were having premarital sex I calculated the average attendance of NJPW house shows

While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity I amassed stats about WWE's penetration, visibility, mainstream acceptance and exposure

And now that wrestling is dying and the audiences aren't at the gate you have the audacity to fight me on 4chan?
>>
>>3105318
Imagine typing this and having to live with it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.