[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever truly believe that wrestling was real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Did you ever truly believe that wrestling was real?
>>
No but it has successfully worked me into a shoot a couple times.
>>
Wait just a god damn minute anon....
>>
>>3104076
No its always been obvious
>>
>>3104076
As a kid I told myself it was real but deep down I always knew the truth
>>
>>3104076
I think I always knew it was "fake" (the two guys weren't really fighting), but I never thought the blood was fake. I watched Eddie Guerrero get fucked up live during Judgement Day 2004. I also never thought the chair shots to the head were fake, either. Ouch. I never understood why the moves looked like they took so much coordination, though. I thought, "If you're going to pretend to fight, don't make it look like you're helping the other guy". I always kind of understood that even though it's a work, a lot of the stuff they do still hurts.

Also, honestly, I was pretty uncomfortable looking at the half-naked guys as a kid. I liked all the guys who didn't wear briefs more.
>>
As a kid I thought it was real

Then I had doubt, but always go back and wonder, what type of loser would accept eating pins all the time
>>
In fourth grade. Thats when I got into wrestling

Before WM21 JBL had Cena arrested or something I spent days worried about him missing Wrestlemania.
>>
>>3104076
Thank you mr cornette for saying what needed to be said
>>
>>3104446
I used to think that about the Brooklyn Brawler. Like no way he agreed to that he just sucks.
>>
I first saw wrestling when I was five, and my first move to see was a vertical suplex. I knew it was fake, because I saw the guy taking the move bend his knees and jump.
>>
>>3104464
Who's the fucking goober who exposed the business forever to a five-year-old who's never seen a wrestling match beforehand? He'll never work in this town again.
>>
>>3104076
I held onto the belief until I saw Benoit wrestle Kane.

Kane obviously jumping for the suplexes was the end of the illusion for me.
>>
>>3104473
It was Jeff Jarrett, actually. In USWA.
>>
>>3104477
I don't know why but I thought that was hilarious
Thanks for the chuckle. I definitely WON'T shlap ya nutz.
>>
>>3104458
>>
>>3104256
this
>>
>>3104076
got into it when i was 11 never believed it but i always understood the entertainment values
>>
Never did. First thing I was told when I started showing an interest was that it was scripted (the term they used for it) and it was like the stunt shows I used to go see. The cruiserweights didn't help either (I was like "why don't they just move out of the way and let them kill themselves" whenever I saw a tope).
>>
File: 1498797765859.png (74KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1498797765859.png
74KB, 246x205px
Yes. It's called childhood. And believe you me, wrestling was much better when it was real.
>>
No, but when I was a kid I sort of had NWO the wrestling group, NWO the political conspiracy theory, and NWA the rap group all confused. It makes no sense now but back then ot had some sort of dream-like logic.
>>
>>3104076
Oh yeah, when I was like 8 or 9 I was adamant about it being real for some reason. Eventually I got my shit straight, and actually stopped watching for a long time. Just got back into it recently.
>>
>>3104076
No, I started watching 2 years ago and I am 31 years old. It is the same as any other TV show and I don¨t understand how someone could believe it's real. Children don't believe animated tv series are real. Why should they believe wrestling is real.
I watch wrestling to get some ideas for some dance routines and also cause it's the best entertainment for me with depression I started to suffer. It doesn't need much of thought put into it and it gives me great emotions.
>>
>>3104076
It is real
>>
>>3104076
The first month I've watched.it, literally because I've barely heard about professional wrestling before
>>
>>3104539
Same.
So much truth in those words
>>
i refused to watch wrestling as a kid because i thought it was fake

then i actually saw some at a friends house when i was 13 and fell in love

so in reality i only liked it because it wasnt real
>>
I think it used to be more 'real' than it is now. Guys like Benoit and Mick Foley legitimately got hurt. I was there when Gurerro sprayed Big Show with shit, and that was legit (if not shit, it was something fowl). The whole arena stank afterwards. I wish Vince would go back to the old ways.
>>
>>3104256
I argued with myself as to how it could be real, but I felt the same way.
>>
>>3104076

It's funny because this whiny asshole is much fatter now.
>>
>>3105007

>He truly thinks it was feces.

Buddy, are you from India? That's the only way that statement would make sense.
>>
>>3104076
it isn't?
>>
>did I ever watch a movie or cartoon show and think it was real

Probably not
>>
>>3104076
yes. I fought for a long time. Even after Vince came out and said that.

12/15/1997 - that was the date when McMahon would no long insult out intelligence . (Fucking faggot)

I was 12. But it didn't matter and I still didn't believe it.

Eventually I gave in, but I can't remember when
>>
>>3104076
When I was a kid. I only became a smark when i got back into it in my 20s and i read the superman punch was used since kids would not kill each other trying it unlike the curb stomp. I did see some meme lucha show and saw some guys leg get fucked up and bent out of its socket so that looked real
>>
File: wwf valentines.jpg (19KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
wwf valentines.jpg
19KB, 279x300px
>>3104076
Not that I can remember, even back in kindergarten I knew it wasn't on the up and up. I remember my kindergarten teacher telling me it was fake in 91 when I was giving out Warrior and Mr Perfect Valentines day cards to qts and I already knew.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.