[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it taboo that i want to learn a martial art because of 20+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: ryu vs ken sf2.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ryu vs ken sf2.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
is it taboo that i want to learn a martial art because of 20+ years of playing fightan games? i always wanted to be able to do some of the moves in see in these games IRL
>>
Good decision, dumb reason
>>
that sounds like autism

but lots of martial artists are autists, so you're in good company

you'll probably end up starting with a meme martial art, if you want to do Ken/Ryu shit, but maybe if you get into it you can switch to something legit
>>
I've been wanting to do the triple kick the bad guys do in this
for a long time I've been trying to figure out a triple kick that moves forward but not upwards but I can't figure anything out that works consistently, but the ones they use seem to work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3i7vYyCXao
>>
File: Alex_hugo_intro.gif (669KB, 288x158px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_hugo_intro.gif
669KB, 288x158px
>>3100138
>>3100162

i'm 46 yrs old but i can still stick and move. already raised 2 kids, married my high school sweat heart and retired correctional officer. so i have plenty of time to myself. i used to play a lot of SF2 and 3S back during the arcade days then a lot of SF4 when online gaming killed the arcades. i always mained chun-li and guile then moved on to grapplers when alex and hugo came along.

I like the grappler/wrestler style more. i just always wondered if the techniques i learned from years of playing this can be applied to the real thing like footsies. thanks for your respond.
>>
hadoukens aren't real anon
>>
>>3100187
>retired at 46
How the fuck
>>
>>3100131
are you black?
>>
>>3100197
I would say cop, but if he's never fought before then probably not. Could be a firefighter

has to be one of those 20 and done state jobs though
>>3100188
you don't know that for sure
>>
>>3100187
Hogan vs. Andre
>>
>>3100187
that's awesome then, you can skip meme martial arts and start straight with BJJ

it will change your life, enjoy the start of your journey
>>
>>3100205
>BJJ
>a martial art
well a combat sport I guess
>>
File: chunliyatai.gif (50KB, 75x149px) Image search: [Google]
chunliyatai.gif
50KB, 75x149px
>>3100197
yeah things were different back in the day. i feel sorry for you Millennials

>>3100198
yes but i know where i come from unlike the american negro. my linage is from sudan if that matters. i was born the states.

>>3100205
>BJJ
i will look into that, thanks a lot. when they used to train us in self defense classes back then it always a life or death situation. how to quickly get a inmate off of us in case they try to attack us. a situation i never hope to find myself in and luckly never did.
>>
>>3100229
Yeah people in the future are gonna work longer for less pay.

And inflation.
>>
File: bjj in tha streetz.webm (3MB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
bjj in tha streetz.webm
3MB, 405x720px
>>3100205
pajama wrestling is the greatest meme of all. I particularly love this video here because it's probably meant to be inspirational by showing how awesome it is, but instead it just reveals how fucking silly the whole endeavor is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frlzfPFi82o
>an enemy! taste my flying crotch attack!!!!
>hmm this match is intense, better take my hands off the guy attacking me, take a breath, and wipe the sweat off my face. what a very realistic simulation of combat
>heh..think you're about to get an advantage? think again punk! watch me roll on to my head and stick my butt up in the air to block you HAAAAA!!!

the best bjj practitioners aren't good fighters at all, they are autists that specialize in inane bullshit like tucking someones jacket between their legs to trip them and ride peoples faces because competition doesn't allow them to be slammed or struck for doing all this retarded faggotry that would get you killed in a real fight
>>
>>3100238
The chi in bjj is so great that as soon as two bjj practitioners get close to each other they are both thrown backwards and on to their asses
>>
>>3100187
I don't know if I should tease you for saying sweat heart or for making it sounds like you married your correctional officer upon his or her retirement.
>>
File: 20131219125718_demian_maia.jpg (18KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
20131219125718_demian_maia.jpg
18KB, 200x300px
>>3100238
You're absolutely right, the stuff you're describing is the result of inbred jiu jitsu sparring with no strikes. The techniques that have been found to be effective for sport jiu jitsu (pulling guard, berimbolo, various open guards, etc) have subsequently distanced the art from reality.

The video and webm you posted do highlight the downfalls of sport jiu jitsu, but the webm is not an accurate representation of a skillful jiu jitsu takedown. Any knowledgeable jiu jitsu practitioner would never attempt a takedown from so far away. The guy in your webm probably doesn't train takedowns.

If you don't think that BJJ has merit as an effective martial art, just take a look at Demian Maia. Demian Maia is not an exceptional athlete, but his jiu jitsu is just on another level. Very few people in the world would be able to stop him from totally dismantling somebody on the ground—strikes or no strikes, gi or no gi.

>>3100131
I played fighting games in SoCal arcades for 10 years before I started training MMA. My advice: just get your feet wet. Find a free class or two, try different martial arts. You might find that training is very difficult and not really your thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.