[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal? Why is he so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: psychoclown.jpg (143KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
psychoclown.jpg
143KB, 600x400px
What's the appeal? Why is he so popular?
>>
Dunno, I don't like AAA
>>
as I understand it, Mexicans are heavily into clowns

last I heard Mexico was one of the bigger markets for ICP stuff
>>
>Booked strong because of nepotism
>Over because kayfabe is stronger in Mexico than the US, so being booked strong translates into being popular
>Kids love spooky clowns
>>
>>3095730
>>Over because kayfabe is stronger in Mexico than the US, so being booked strong translates into being popular

Rush and Sombra were booed when they were super pushed as tecnicos. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>3095435
I also don't understand his appeal, but then again I don't watch lucha so what do I know.
>>
>>3095730
>>Over because kayfabe is stronger in Mexico than the US, so being booked strong translates into being popular

No, fuck you
>>
>>3095526
>as I understand it, Mexicans are heavily into clowns
Why tho
>>
>>3095435
Clowns are over brother
>>
>>3095895
Mexicans live in a constant state of fear of the cartels. Clowns provide some form of pleasant relief from the horrors of their daily lives.
>>
>>3095739
>>3095799
I'm not saying everybody down the border is a huge mark, Juan. Calm down. I'm just saying audiences as a whole are less likely to boo the company's pick than in the US.
>>
>>3096392
Americans are more cynical and prone to criticism than Mexican fans who generally just want to see a good show. They aren't as insecure and entitled.
>>
>>3096492
dumbest thing I've ever read on asp
>>
Charisma
>>
>>3095435
Anyone with an edgy face paint/music related gimmick is going to be over in Mexico. I.E. Vampiro.
>>
>>3098018
It's true you fucking burgershart
>>
File: images (4).jpg (22KB, 383x249px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
22KB, 383x249px
>>3095895
Because of Los Cocos, first Clown stable in Mexico, they were booked strong and got super over. Since then clowns are over, specially if they're edgy, and Psycho Clown is one of the edgiers. When Psycho Circus first appear they used to "steal" kids from the crowd and carry them to the ring.
>pic related: Los cocos
>>
File: psycho-circus.jpg (73KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
psycho-circus.jpg
73KB, 600x400px
>>3098201
> pic related: The psycho circus, an edgier version of the clown stable.
>>
>>3095895
Because Mexico is historically and culturally big into skulls.
Come on now, clowns are clearly skeletons masquerading as people.
>>
File: really.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
really.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>3098221
>clowns are clearly skeletons masquerading as people.
>>
>>3098201
The traditional lucha mask with the clown design is pretty clever. have they tried to bring that back because they should.
>>
>>3095951
Bitch this isn't 2009 anymore. That shit only happened for 2 bad years. The Cartel wars are over, but business still goes on so your sister can get an 8 ball of coke in her nose before she fucks some nigger.
>>
>>3098221
La parka is still over as fuck both versions
>>
>>3098336
Wetback seething. Mexico and other Latin American shitholes dominate the top 50 dangerous cities to live in.
>>
>>3098336
true, I'd feel safer living in Mexico than in America
>>
>>3098336
>tfw I live in Mexico
>I finally move out of Durango to a different city and think it's going to improve instead of getting shot at on the highways.
>time to vote
>cartel members literally dropped dead pig heads in front of where I was supposed to go vote. They have my name on a list of other names of people who are supposed to vote there.
>"Better vote for the right candidate".

What the fuck are you talking about? They're not over, lmao.
>>
I've noticed a lot of Meixcanons here in /asp/, first of all how's everyday life in your region? Who is the biggest dime drawer in Mexico atm? Who's the smark darling? And is Penta over in Mexico like he is here in the US?
>>
>>3098478
How over would you say Penta is in America?

Perros Del Mal were over as shit so technically Pentagon was over as shit too, but sometimes I wonder if they stayed that over for so long because they were still riding off of sympathy from Pedro's death. :( I haven't seen much of his stuff from Konnan's promotion just because I don't live near where they do shows, but I'm sure the entire thing with AAA gave him a lot of fan support.

They don't show lucha underground down here and I haven't seen MUCH, but I hear a lot of luchadors talk shit because it's "what white people think lucha libre is", which is technically true. I don't think they have any chain/greco-roman wrestling in the matches like they traditionally should. I just know Blue Demon hates it.

Is a smark darling a heel that people cheer? I don't know the term, sorry. But Penta/Taya when they were in Perros Del Mal always got cheered a lot.. And then booed, but they always got cheers. Sombra, I think he's Almas now? But Sombra was extremely over in Mexico even as a rudo we were all surprised when he lost his mask.

Rey Mysterio, probably. Most of the old vets don't get the crowd excited as much and a lot of the new guys can't keep up. Both of the Parkas are up there. Atlantis. Wagner. Those guys.
>>
>>3098499
Penta is pretty over at the indies he appears in.
By smark darlings I'm referring to guys that are generally popular with online "smart fans" but may or may not be over with the general crowd.
Thx for the responses though, but are adults who watch lucha libre in Mexico frowned upon like here in the US? Where people assume you're some loser neckbeard if you watch wrestling over the age of 16.
>>
>>3098418
Who were the cartel backing
>>
>>3098523
Penta is more over on USA by the simple fact that he barely works on Mexico.
He is almost a special attraction now.,
>>
>>3098228
what animeme is this
>>
>>3098712
Death Note
>>
>>3098568
PRI lol

>>3098523
You have some people who think its dumb because "fake fighting" but it isn't frowned at at all. Most people grew up watching the santo and blue demon movies so it's a big part of their childhood and it's still really really popular with older crowds.

>>3098657
He's a bigger name in Mexico though if you judge things by casual fans.
>>
>>3095435
Degenerate narco culture. Old Lucha is better
>>
>>3098761
I always wanted to be born into some luchador family, do flippyshit since I could walk and wear the same mask for like 30-40 years. Shit must be nice.

>tfw living in eastern yurop and the shipping fees for masks are outrageous
I just want a Mil Muertes mask goddamnit
>>
>>3098793
You don't even have to be born into it now, a lot of schools offer youth classes starting at age six but they mostly learn greco roman wrestling until they turn 10/12 depending on the school and actually start training. They learn how to roll too, I think. My brother in law wrestles and keeps trying to convince my sister to let their son start training.

There are kids at 12 who would make most american cruiserweights? feel bad.

You could always find someone in europe who designs gear and asks if they could commission you a fan mask.
>>
>>3098814
>There are kids at 12 who would make most american cruiserweights? feel bad.
I suppose that was the case with Fenix, who's not even 30 and is very fucking impressive. Granted I only watch LU so I don't know much about it, but still.

Yeah, but shit is generally expensive. I think I'll try to make my own mask, I always liked the idea of that in wrestling. Masks can give you a whole gimmick, you can customize it in many ways, so on. And the fact that many wrestlers stay masked in public and their identity is officially not known is great.
>>
>>3098834
He's been wrestling since 2005 I think so yes. Cien Almas in WWE was also another one to start at 12 and he was a great high flier until he put on a lot of weight so he could be a good rudo. There are videos of two kids in CDMX who wrestle each other on the cross walks at red lights for tips from the people in the cars, and they are ALSO really good without the training. As long as you have a good base and don't think about it.

Sad. :( My brother in law gets his masks for a little under 900MEX which is pro grade and really cheap. I'm sure one could use the cheap fabric and not worry about the inside padding if you weren't wearing it in the ring. Otherwise you could! A lot of mask makers have guides online for simple designs and post their processes, they are just in spanish.
>>
>>3098739
no
>>
>>3098336
Lol thanks for the laugh
>>
Thx for the replies Mexibros stay safe out there amigos
>>
>>3095435
Mexicans are dumb
>>
>>3098523
>people assume you're some loser neckbeard if you watch wrestling over the age of 16.

Where did this meme come from? No one cares.
>>
What's a rudo? A heel?
>>
>>3100599
si
>>
File: download (11).jpg (22KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
22KB, 185x272px
>>3100599
And tecnico is face
I recommend a book called Mondo Lucha a Gogo
Has an introduction by Kurt Angle which is really nice and goes through a pretty nice beginners guide to the history of Lucha if you're interested.
Does explains why things are the way they are, a lot of the families and also the Lucha Movies.

I would kill to be able to watch some of the Santos / Blue Demon movies.
>>
>>3100723
were they never available on home media or something?
>>
>>3098523
Lucha is sacred in Mexico. Its almost up there with futbol.
>>
>>3100599
Rudo literally means "rude" in English. So yeah, heel. Tecnico means "technical," wrestlers who win with their technique and adhere to the rules, thus faces since faces follow the rules.
>>
>>3100729
It was like the 60's and 70's
>>
>>3100760
not at the time of course, but surely there were rereleases
>>
>>3095526
I guess I'm on board with Trump building the wall now. Don't need anymore Juggalos in this country.
>>
>>3095435
He's not, just overpushed by AAA who has the most casual fans and almost no smarks on their shows, AAA is obsessed with clowns and think they bring the $$$
>>
>>3100509
>t. sudamericANO
>>
>>3098336
t. Pena Nieto
>>
File: Banana Eating.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Banana Eating.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>3098712
/a/ho girl
>>
File: 1481319225850.jpg (71KB, 484x358px) Image search: [Google]
1481319225850.jpg
71KB, 484x358px
>>3095526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onldPWC78co
>>
>>3098523
In my experience lucha is definitely more entrenched in their culture than pro wrestling is to America, but its also taken for granted more.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.