[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Watched Wrestling Match in North America in 30 Years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Banner-Wagner-vs-Psycho.jpg (865KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Banner-Wagner-vs-Psycho.jpg
865KB, 1280x640px
Roman BTFO, Cena BTFO, Rock BTFO, Austin BTFO, Bret BTFO, and most importantly, Vincent Kennedy McMahon blown to smithereens by a guy in a rubber Halloween mask.
>>
>>3091003
No surprise, even a shitty promotion like AAA managed to btfo WWE in Mexico
>>
>>3091003
B-but "Experts" Said WWE is failing because Wrestling isn't mainstream anymore ;_;
>>
>>3091003
>every Mexican watched it because it was on free tv

Not that impressive
>>
>El Galeno del Mal

Based
>>
>>3091195
>Free TV
So is most of WWE's output.
>>
>>3091003
Got any numbers?
I know it was right after MayMac so they probably did really good
>>
>>3091248
>It did a 22.8 rating in Mexico (which means that out of homes that have televisions in Mexico, about two out of every nine homes in the country, on a Saturday night, airing after midnight, was watching the match). That would be approximately 10.6 to 12.3 million viewers (I’ve been given both figures and they may be from different ratings services), in a country with far less than half the population of the U.S. It would be more than double the viewership of any U.S. pro wrestling match dating back several years and a 12.3 million total would be more than anything in North America in more than 25 years.
>>
>>3091195
RAM and Smack are free so whats your point?
>>
>>3091248
Meltz is reporting a 22.8 rating for the main event.

That's double of Game of Thrones most recent season finale, and that's considering it was streaming for free on Twitch too.
>>
>>3091250
Pretty good
Maybe now WWE will have some kind of competition
>>
>>3091258
Bro remember that mexico ratings != us ratings
It was probably around GoT viewership which still is amazing
>>
File: wagner.jpg (248KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wagner.jpg
248KB, 1000x1500px
>>3091261
>Maybe now WWE will have some kind of competition

I highly doubt it. The insanely large viewership was due to this 52 year old putting his mask and career on the line against the company appointed top guy.

It was literally Mexican Roman vs. Taker, if Taker was an actual draw.
>>
>>3091269
It annoys me that they spent so much time and money on Taker. Imagine if they had given all that ultra strong booking to someone who didn't make people reach for the remote when he was on the screen.
>>
>>3091269
>Comparing based Wagner with Undercarder
>>
>>3091269
I want to see Dr. Wagner (umasked) in CMLL against Ultimo Gurrero as his last match there. I hope we see more of him in the future.
>>
>>3091269

Who was his opponent?
>>
>>3091252
USA is a cable channel, so not entirely free. But I wouldn't doubt WWE still couldn't do that number today putting Wrestlemania on CBS or something.
>>
>>3091636
Psycho Clown.

Retarded gimmick aside, he's an Alvarado, the family that pretty much runs wrestling in Mexico due to being the founders of the wrestlers union, so he's been pushed as the top guy in AAA for a while now, despite being a really mediocre wrestler.

Kids love him, though.
>>
>>3091681
>cable

Cringe
>>
wtf, they have TV in Mexico now?
>>
>>3091722
>Kids love him, though
So he's Roman?
>>
That's pretty based
>>
>>3091722
what is his gimmick? he's... some kind of psycho clown?
>>
>>3092258
>It was literally Mexican Roman vs. Taker, if Taker was an actual draw.
That's what I said before.
>>
File: bootista.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
bootista.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>3092369
Didn't read that part. My bad family
>>
Is Dr. Wagner really retired? I haven't seen him much in the US since Lucha Underground. What his favorite matches and fueds of all time? I really want to see him wrestle at CMLL since they let old guys finish their careers there.
>>
>>3092403
He is already book to wrestle without his mask
>>
>>3092440
He should get a new gimmick from old guy who did Dos Equis
>>
>>3092403
>>3092440
Yep, calls himself Ray Wagner now.

Actually AAA seems to have done a pretty good job with their "Triplemania for free on Twitch" - they haven't been talked about that much ever.
>>
>>3092573
It all worked suprisingly well. I even read messages of people who had no idea of lucha at all and still tuned in for curiosity. Having Wagner vs. Psycho RIGHT after Mayweather vs. McGregor also worked wonders. The rest of the event might have been awful but I'll give AAA this: the main event was great.
>>
>>3092573
*Rey (not Ray) of course
>>
>>3092338
Yes, pretty much that
>>
>>3091258
Poor dirty peasants have nothing better to do than sit around and watch tv. Who cares?
>>
>>3091003
Yeah, there are alot of fucking spice and wetbacks in the US
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.