[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestlers interacting who are not in a storyline with each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: nxt.jpg (1MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
nxt.jpg
1MB, 1919x1079px
Why isn't this more common? It's a great way to add bits of characterization and depth to the show at no extra cost to the company.

Asuka and Bobby Roode never crossed paths on TV to my knowledge. But they should have. Bobby could have been asked in an interview what he thought Ember Moon's chances of winning were (zero since he is a heel and would side with the heel-ish Asuka). This happens all the time in real sports, why not in WWE?
>>
WWE for some reason likes most people to exist in a bubble now. People interact with their rival and that's usually it. No idea why.

As for Asuka and Roode, men and women rarely acknowledge each other in this company, period.
>>
>>3089413
(Skip to 1:00) Unless its to bury somebody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQOLns60XCo

>>3089392
I never thought about this, and you're right. Characters are so damn one dimensional, this idea will definitely add to peoples on air personalities.
>>
>>3089392
>>3089413
I'm definitely for more of this. More factions, more friends, more enemies, more loose affiliations, just overall more interactions between the roster so that when turns and major angles happen they have more impact on the "universe"
>>
>>3089413
it makes it easy for lazy and incompetent writers if they can think in terms of several self-contained stories instead of trying to keep track of and utilize a larger web of characters, relationships, ect
>>
>>3089462
>>3089413
And Total Divas doesnt count, ffs. Add a few more random backstage banters and a few less meaningless matches.
But, you'd need half decent writers though. So its not gonna happen.
>>
>>3089413
NXT was one of the only places where it did happen. I think Joe bitched at Regal that he asked Asuka about who she wanted to face, but didn't ask Joe.
>>
>>3089476
Yeah that was neat. If they really wanted to legitimise the women's division they should mingle with or at least be mentioned by men more often.
>>
>>3089462
Remember when Macho would walk out to the ring with Hulk sometimes, but not play a role in the match? He was just there for his friend.
>>
>>3089456
Jesus Christ he really fucked up didn't he?
>>
File: Okay.jpg (20KB, 234x226px) Image search: [Google]
Okay.jpg
20KB, 234x226px
>>3089503
Sure did. Poor guy.
>>
>>3089392
I always though that tag team champs should involve themselves in the main story more often. Especially considering that the shittier WWE PPVs usually fall back on the tag match as being MOTN. They ought to treat the tags as main eventer rather than as a separate division on the side.
I was waiting patiently to see title vs title between Styles and Miz as well but that got ruined.
>>
>>3089465
>>3089472
>>3089499
Not even a consolewars anon, NJPW does this with their factions and other loose affiliations. Lots of friends, long standing enemies, and the factions warring produces easy rivalries
>>
>>3089392
it's depressing but i bet the reason why this never happens is because the writers already know that vince will just drop/reverse storylines with no logic or warning so they don't even bother anymore
>>
>>3090620
This, several ex-writers have stated that they tried their best to come up with engaging stories, but after the 20th time Vince scrapped everything 5 minutes before go-time, they became demoralized and ultimately asked for release.
>>
>>3089465
Basically this. It's a hallmark of shitty writing.
>>
>>3090634
Reminder that Chris Kreski extensively used story boards to keep everything in order and was ridiculed for it by the carnies backstage
>>
It was nice seeing Owens ask people to be the ref the other day. Outside of his feuds.
>>
>>3090666
The first person he asked was Sami, which could mean that despite all the bad blood between them, Owens still considers him to be his one true friend and someone he can trust.

Then again, I'm probably reading way too much into it.
>>
>>3089413
It's such a glaring difference compared to the 99-01 Raws I've been watching. I don't know why the booking is so linear now. Don't know if it's the bookers think the fans are too dumb to follow or if they are just too dumb themselves.
>>
>>3089392
>Bobby could have been asked in an interview what he thought Ember Moon's chances of winning were (zero since he is a heel and would side with the heel-ish Asuka).

Bobby is too obsessed with his own greatness to worry about what anybody else is doing.
>>
>>3090729
Yeah but he was also obsessed with 'fixing' NXT and making it more respctable, so it would make sense for him to approve of the suit wearing Asuka over a trashy weeb like Ember
>>
About a month ago on SmackDown, there was a little moment between Becky and Sami where they both basically said, "Hey, sorry about what happened last night. I was rooting for you." "Yeah, same to you." It was a really small moment, but it was great because it sold the similarity of their situations and how frustrated they are, particularly Becky because she just keeps getting cheated.

And last year, the show after Survivor Series, there was a skit backstage where Shane was talking to Becky, then Dean showed up with a pizza. After Dean left, Becky made a pun about pizza and Shane no sold it, but Dean enjoyed it.

Another one is when there was a triple threat to see who would challenge Dean for the IC Title and he interviewed Rollins and Balor. The Rollins interview was nice 'cause it set up that Dean doesn't trust Rollins for their story down the line and the Balor interview was just a cute little thing where he winds up giving the dude a donut and telling him to eat something.

Those are all just tiny little interactions, but they make the wrestlers feel so much more human and they're always interesting and fun when they happen.

The backside to this is, for example, when Dean and Seth had their program with Sheamus and Cesaro and Dean said "I'm not coming out to save you again." and Sheamus and Cesaro beat the shit outta Seth 2 on 1 and Dean didn't come out. Okay, so nobody else in the entire locker room is gonna try to help Seth?

This reflects particularly poorly on Roman 'cause like, damn dude, how many times have Dean and Seth made the save for you over the last two years?
>>
>>3089465
There's so much lazy, gutless writing in WWE it kind of boggles the mind. I wonder if it's Vince constantly changing shit or if the writers are just that fucking lame.
>>
>>3089456
Fucking love Ellsworth's reaction, here.
>>
>>3090666
>>3090677
If you actually care about Owens' character, that was an incredibly revealing moment for him because it showed that despite everything, Sami is the closest thing he has to a friend. The dude is a paranoid, violent, backstabbing monster, but deep down, some tiny little part of him still wants to have friends. See also their Battleground match where Owens screams "Why won't you stay down?! Don't make me do this!"

Meanwhile, Sami, who's actually a healthy individual, just wants to cut Owens out of his life entirely. But Owens ain't letting that happen, see SmackDown this week.
>>
>>3089717
That's one thing I really enjoy in NJPW and wish WWE would so more. Put wrestlers in factions but instead of having them all in the same storyline, give them their own feuds and such, but have them represent the factions. That way you could build up bigger storylines between factions when for example one factions have most or all the titles. And that's just one possibility. But that would require competent writers so we'll never see that in WWE.
>>
>>3090819
I bet you this subtle storytelling is just something Owens and Zayn do without previous notice or authorization because they know otherwise they'd be given fuck all to work with.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.