[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kazuchika Okada confirmed to be #1 this year on PWI 500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4939.png (304KB, 352x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.png
304KB, 352x528px
>BREAKING NEWS - For the first time in the history of the publication, a Japanese wrestler will be #1 for the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Top 500 wrestlers.

>And that wrestler is none other than current IWGP Champion Kazuchida Okada

>(source is PWI Editor Dan Murphy on the new Ross Report. The issue will be available for digital download at www.pwi-online.com. You can also check out Al Castle's exclusive interview with Okada on the PWI Podcast, also at pwi-online.com.)

First and only Japanese wrestler to be #1 in a WWE biased magazine. He's definitely the GOAT at this point.
>>
Good he deserves it.
>>
PWI is a kafaybe thing.
>>
I want him to dropkick me into bed
>>
>that horrible Dave interview where he asked Okada a bunch of autistic long-winded and rambling questions even though the guy doesn't speak English

man that was cringeworthy
>>
Omega is gonna be 2. E-Drones will be seething
>>
Isn't PWI a kayfabe magazine? Okada's power level the last year has been pretty much off the charts, so it makes sense.
>>
Even Miz has been #1, it doesn't mean shit
>>
>>3085002
GOAT
>>
>>3085002
Not gay but I'd suck his dick
>>
File: 1502597541125.jpg (39KB, 470x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502597541125.jpg
39KB, 470x500px
>>3085002
gotta throw the obnoxious bingo hall fedoras a bone so they can shut the hell up for a little while lmao.
>>
File: Drawharaja.webm (2MB, 1002x416px) Image search: [Google]
Drawharaja.webm
2MB, 1002x416px
>man from japan
At least we know who #2 is.
>>
>>3085002
Since the start of the PWI 500 in 1991 there has been only three non-WWE/F wrestlers who have taken the number one spot. Last time someone not from WWE was number one in the PWI 500 was in 2010 and it was BMAJ who was in TNA at that time that took it. Before that it was Dean Malenko from WCW in 1997, and before that Sting from WCW in 1992. Interestingly though PWI doesn't recognize the IWGP Heavyweight Championship as a world title. Maybe this year with Okada taking the number one spot they'll recognize it as a world championship.
>>
>>3085062
Having sex with Asian men isn't gay
>>
>>3085062
Lol if you do you are.
>>
>>3085015
Okada's answers in that interview were great though

His ribs on Anderson on Gedo were god tier bants
>>
>>3085002
In kayfabe (that is ignoring the stars), he fits the bill. Strong championship reign and most importantly strong defenses, something which WWE champs were very lacking.
>>
>>3085048
>"even"
Miz is based as fuck ya pinhead
>>
>>3085132
Thank you based anon, you get it
>>
>>3085130
>dean malenko in 1997

Fucking hell the state of the pwi 500
>>
>>3085130
>dean malenko
wtf happend in 97?
>>
>>3085130
>Malenko
But isn't the ranking based on kayfabe?
>>
>>3085241
Every year except 1997 and 2017 apparently
>>
>>3085002
BASED

Hopefully a Jap makes the number 1 spot for the women too. E-Drones will fume
>>
>>3085263
It'll be a Jap but one signed to WWE. If this list is all kayfabe then there's absolutely no justification for Asuka not being #1
>>
>>3085270
She will be. Even last year before the streak really took off Asuka was in 3rd place. This year she's a lock for 1st.
>>
File: lurk.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
lurk.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>3085222
From what I gathered Malenko produced a lot of great matches on average overall in 1997 and was booked stronger than even world champions.
>>3085234
It was a bad, slow year for non-Japanese wrestling.
>>3085241
Apparently Malenko was booked in finishes in which he lost his titles and title matches through interference making him look strong since he could not be pinned without outside help.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.