[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling's fucked up terminology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1503092858315.gif (857KB, 136x138px) Image search: [Google]
1503092858315.gif
857KB, 136x138px
Who the hell came up with these terms

-Mark
-Shoot
-Rib
-Face
-Heel
-Tweener
-Draw

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? Using most of these terms sound autistic, whether you're a fan or a guy in the industry.
>>
shut up loser
>>
>>3082359
no
>>
Ginna
>>
>>3082354
Some of these are pretty obvious.
>Mark
Not even a wrestling-centric term. It's been used by con-artists among other professions that attempt to fundamentally deceive the audience. Probably stems from mark being interchangeable with the word "target"; He's my target, he's my mark.
>Rib
Pretty common term for a joke.
>Draw
Obvious. They draw fans in, hence they are draws. Not exclusive to wrestling, either.
>>
I use these terms and everyday talk and people always ask why i say weird shit. i tell em quiet down marks im not exposing the business to ya
>>
Did you just start watching rasslin or something? Nobody can be this stupid
>>
>>3082354
>-Face
Their face faces the camera.
>-Heel
Their back, i.e. their heel, is to the camera.
>Tweener
In between a face and a heel.
>>
SCHMOZ
>>
>>3082364
>Mark

You could be right, always thought they used "mark" as in the name of a person.

>Rib

I admit, this is pretty obvious. Although some normies still asked what it means.

>Draw

Yeah, I kinda put this at the bottom because I was floundering a bit, to think of more insider terms.

But honestly...

>Shoot sounds gay as fuck.
>>
>>3082364
Pretty close. Ticket salesman used to physically "mark" someone so the rest of the scammers knew who to look for.
>>
>>3082371
That's a desperate attempt at defending the carnies.
>>
>>3082366
Please do explain why a neutral character is labelled a "tweener"

>I fucking dare you
>>
>>3082390
Because they're inbetween alignments
>>
>>3082399
Can you agree that Neutral sounds better?
>>
>>3082409
No because that sounds weird.
>John Cena is a heel
>John Cena is a face
>John Cena is a neutral
>>
>>3082424
Ask any normie if Tweener sounds good.
>>
>>3082558
It's not for normies though. It's for the scum of the earth aka carnies.
>>
>>3082354
I'm beggin ya to have sex
>>
>>3083069
People who have sex don't use those terms. You really believe sweaty obese men known as "smarks" get pussy?
>>
>>3082354
>mark
Carnies used to literally mark gullible people with chalk so they could be milked of all their money by other carnies.
>shoot
As in shoot wrestling, corresponding to "shoot forward" and take down your opponent. A long time ago actual legit shoot wrestling matches were part of carnivals.
>rib
to tickle the ribs, a practical joke
>face
as in babyface
>heel
as in a person who is low to the ground, dastardly
>tween
one between face and heel
>draw
to draw in a crowd
>>
>>3082354
>mark
Carnies used to literally mark gullible people with chalk so they could be milked of all their money by other carnies.
>shoot
As in shoot wrestling, corresponding to "shoot forward" and take down your opponent. A long time ago actual legit shoot wrestling matches were part of carnivals.
>rib
to tickle the ribs, a practical joke
>face
as in babyface
>heel
as in a person who is low to the ground, dastardly
>tween
one between face and heel
>draw
to draw in a crowd
>>
File: ZAPP.jpg (55KB, 625x481px) Image search: [Google]
ZAPP.jpg
55KB, 625x481px
>>3082409
>Neutral
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.