[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is to blame for the downfall of WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 1498855743065.jpg (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498855743065.jpg
53KB, 512x512px
Who is to blame for the downfall of WWE?
>>
File: IMG_4903.jpg (81KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4903.jpg
81KB, 650x433px
>>3075400
This fucking faggot
>>
The midget whose heart it exploded and then his best friend a year later who couldn't live without him so he killed his wife and kid and then himself.

Nash was right in the end to say the business died when WrestleMania ended with those two manlet celebrating with both main event titles.
>>
File: Roman Regins yard.gif (3MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Regins yard.gif
3MB, 500x250px
>>
Stephanie
>>
>>3075400
Current fans are ruining everything about WWE.

Chanting "This is awesome" like somebody cares what they think.

Everything about the modern fans make the matches so boring because the fans can't create atmosphere.
>>
>>3075400
As much of a meme as it is it was the PG era. Not necessarily going PG but because it drove a lot of fans away from professional wrestling. The casual market started to dwindle and wrestling became more and more of a niche market for smarks rather than for a bunch of drunk buddies like in the 90s or for families like the 80s. WWE is trying to move change now by bringing in indie darlings but their way of running shows isn't built for people like the Cruiserweights, Nakamura, or Zayne.
>>
>>3075400
The fans. They're both paying for it and making it never be popular.
>>
File: Vince yuck.jpg (5KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Vince yuck.jpg
5KB, 299x169px
>>3075400

In the end whoever else you make responsible, remember: That person was either held in or put into the place to threaten WWE's existence by Vince.
>>
>>3075400
Vince McMahon, UFC, estrogen in the water, fat smarks and SJWS.
>>
Daniel Bryan
>>
>>3075437
that's half of it. The other half is the "storytelling". WWE only deviated from their safespace once in it's history. People are getting tired of seeing angles straight out of the 70's.
>>
Evolving demographics. Wrestling went from the thing that drunk idiots watched into something for nerds on the internet. It's like the opposite of what happened to comic books.
>>
>>3075439

This. No one can save wrestling anymore. Some people might be able to make the ratings rise for a while and thats it.
>>
1. Death of WCW
2. PG Era
3. Complete abandonment of character development and storylines
>>
>>3075400
Vince.

Of course, there are many people working in WWE, but Vince always has the final word on anything.
>>
File: flairmemorium.jpg (30KB, 481x358px) Image search: [Google]
flairmemorium.jpg
30KB, 481x358px
Hey I didn't want to start a new thread because I think I must be missing something??? Saw this on the WWE homepage but didn't see a thread on it... is there a sticky or something I don't see?
>>
>>3075400

Vince. Everything regarding creative ultimately comes back to him.

He's spent every moment since the death of WCW progressively sabotaging his product in the name of his ego and in the name of making it more friendly towards retarded, cowardly advertisers who believe that the perpetually outraged mobs actually represent the views of the average westerner. I'm surprised that the momentum from the attitude era took it this far, honestly.
>>
>>3075417
please stop breathing wolfcuck
>>
>>3075525
the Attitude Era was followed by some good 6-7 years
>>
It's HHH for pushing his nxt manlets
>>
>>3075439

WWE had been going downhill for years at that point. The mass exodus started in 2002-ish, with the end of the attitude era. The PG era was probably the "give up any hope that this product will return to being amazing within the foreseeable future" moment, though.

>>3075572

No it wasn't. There were a couple of bright spots, like Eddie Guerrero's run as a top carder and the super market brawl, but the nonstop crazy fun was basically over with the invasion.
>>
>>3075400
1) How is this a sport?
2) Why would you watch this when you have UFC ?
>>
>>3075451
Unironically this
>>
File: WEEEEEEE.webm (487KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WEEEEEEE.webm
487KB, 640x360px
>>3075738
>1) How is this a sport?
>2) Why would you watch this when you have UFC ?
>>
>>3075439
>>3075588
Most people, myself included, left because super Cena.
>>
>>3075400
Vince and Hhh.
>>
1. Turner for merging with AT&T. If WCW had not have failed, WWE's quality would have existed for a longer period.

2. Vince for buying out the main competition. However, they were on the downward trend on their own.

3. Hiring incompetent writers/bookers who have zero experience in the business. So, whoever does the hiring is at fault there.
>>
>>3075421
>not suffering succatash
>>
>>3075437
This is definitely a big part of it.
>>
>>3075966

I don't think that anybody truly left due to one single problem. If you had an hour and a half of 2000's midcard under Cena, would you have stopped watching?

It just became an all-around mediocre product, certainly not worth two hours of your life every Monday and Thursday + PPV.
>>
>>3076073
Cena is the poster boy for the PG era. See >>3075439 and >>3075588 Besides, seeing a guy you get behind get squashed by Super Cena isn't fun
>>
>>3075774

Reminds me of those spot monkeys @ NJPW

I bet Meltzer would give this match 6 starts too
>>
>>3075991

If you listen to stories about WWE's creative, Vince is extremely active in putting everything together, as well as very hands on when it comes to who stays and who goes.

Vince is a little more than some weak-minded buffoon who hires "experts" who proceed to run his company into the ground. When you say that you have a problem with WWE creative, you're basically saying that you have a problem with Vince.
>>
>>3075437
This

>>3075439
Also this
>>
>>3075403

First post = best post
>>
>>3075437

The fans aren't creating atmosphere because the company can't create any interest in any wrestler, storyline, or match, because the company is run by a senile malignant narcissist who never knew how to book a wrestling show in the first fucking place.
>>
dumb storylines, they execute a 50% of them and when they realize that they suck at writing, they retract and act like nothing happens

>see: money in the bank briefcases fiasco
>>
>>3075437
True.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 960x720px
>>
>>3075400
the pic you posted OP
>>
Mixture of a number of things.
>Vince. He's out of touch and should have stepped down a decade ago
>Zero competition. Without competition the company gets lazy and simply doesn't try anymore
>the glass ceiling. WWE won't let anyone get over who they don't want getting over. Daniel Bryan and Ambrose are examples of this.
>>
>>3076570

go to bed, cornette
>>
>>3075463
Not it's not, only comic movies became popular, comic books themselves are at an all time low.
>>
>>3076570
>this fucking meme again

Then why do fans chant asinine shit at people and during shows they're actually interested in, like on NXT
>>
>>3076690
I think it's less of the glass ceiling that is the problem and more that there are too many people they could put in that spot. They need a solid midcard that the top guys can feud with so that when they feud with other top guys it feels special. The Miz is the perfect example of what types of guys they need.

They also need to fucking unify the tag titles because Jesus Christ they just do the same matches over and over, then add a new team and repeat.
>>
>>3076749

They need to unify the women's belts too. The ENTIRE COMPANY has maybe 5 women who are solid wrestlers, and three of them are on NXT
>>
>>3077111
There will probably be a huge influx after the Mae Young Classic. [spoiler]I hope Dakatoa stays around forever she's so cute[/spoiler]
>>
Vince McMahon has been out of touch for 25 years.

WWE was unwatchable before Russo modernized it, copying many things from ECW.
>>
>>3075437
>it's the fan's fault that wwe can't write compelling television
Lmao. Gotta love the brainwashed e-drone defence force.
>>
>>3077334
All the stories I read about Vince paints him as this absurd crazy autist, from telling Freddie Prinze Jr. "Who needs Pryor when we got Santino?" to having no idea about most pop culture (like him thinking Hall's Tony Montana impersonation was an original concept) and his insane stubbornness over who to push. Say what you will about Corny but his shoots about working with Vince is fascinating stuff.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.