[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: aj and omega.jpg (18KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
aj and omega.jpg
18KB, 500x331px
Who's better?
>>
>>3074554
At this point? Kenny
AJ is super limited by the fucking WWE agents.
>>
Kenny is not being held back by shitty booking so him
>>
>>3074554
AJ by a country mile. Kenny would be much better if he cut out the cringey anime shit and the Dean Ambrose style flailing.
>>
Kenny is not being treated as window dressing for a feud between a fat guy he already beat a million times and the owner's son who is not even a wrestler, so him.
>>
>>3074554
well one is in the most powerful company in the world and the other is a weeb "fighting" in gook bingo halls
>>
>>3074588
>WWE is the most powerful company in the world
Legit sadder than Kenny's Twitter stalker.
>>
Kenny whether AJ is in WWE or not.
>>
Kenny said AJ is the greatest in the world.
>>
>>3074591
He obviously meant wrestling company
>>
>>3074554
Omega lol It's not even up for a debate
>>
>>3074554
Styles

Styles can go out and have a good-great match with literally anyone, keeping it entirely serious all the while.

Kenny has to resort to HBK vs Hogan tier overselling or comedy wrestling if he feels he can't get a great match out of someone.

Styles managed to get a 4 star match out of fucking Shane McMahon in a limited and slowed down as fuck WWE setting. Kenny in that same position would've been flailing all over the place in that same match
>>
>>3074554
It's not even a matter of "AJ's in the WWE and underutilized, so..."
AJ has never been close to Kenny. The idea that AJ's among the best needs to die, already. There are numerous guys in New Japan that have had better matches this year alone than AJ has had in his life, regardless of company.
I'm not hating, he's great, but he's not among THE greats.
>>
>>3074642
is this bait
>>
>>3074639
>Styles can go out and have a good-great match with literally anyone, keeping it entirely serious all the while.

1. The ones with Ambrose were boring
2. MITB match with Cena was boring
3. Vs Ziggler was terrible
4. Vs Owens at Battleground was terrible
What did you say again?
>>
>>3074647
If you think it is, you're not smart enough to speak on the matter, edrone.
>>
>>3074642
>There are numerous guys in New Japan that have had better matches this year alone than AJ has had in his life, regardless of company.

T H I S
>Omega, Naito, Tanahashi, Okada
four guys who have easily put on better matches than AJ ever has.
really, what's AJ's best? that TNA spotfest Samoa Joe carried, or that Cena spotfest at the rumble?
either way, neither of them touch what these guys have done.
>>
>>3074603
Kenny thinks Kota is the greatest in the world, edrone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuCdA6FXOc
Try again

>>3074639
>AJ
>anywhere near as versatile as kenners

Imagine being this indoctrinated by the E
>>
File: kenneth g1.jpg (41KB, 467x400px) Image search: [Google]
kenneth g1.jpg
41KB, 467x400px
HAHA WWE CULTISTS WILL CONSTANTLY DENY THE TRUTH
>b-but A-AJ!!
CRINGE!
>>
>>3074639
AJ hasn't had a great match in 2017 so far. No, spamming big moves with Cena doesn't make a great match.
>>
>>3074670
*gets fired by johnny ace*
lmao
>>
>>3074648
>Ambrose
Those were great and the chemistry they had together was very good
>MITB
Multiman
>Ziggler
Good match
>Owens
Good match

Kenny would've been flopping around in each match, probably significantly harder since his pace and moveset would've been castrated significantly by WWE.

>>3074658
If Kenny was in the E and had to slow down and limit his own moveset while Styles was still tearing it up in NJPW, your opinion would instantly reverse and you would talk about how "exposed" Kenny was when coming to the E and that he was never all that good.

The fact that WWE made people think Nakamura isn't good should be proof of this
>>
>>3074673
>fake news
>>
>>3074658
AJ managed to adapt to the style of 4-5 different promotions over the years and all kinds of different wrestlers. Kenny only ever wrestles one style.
>>
>>3074696
>If Kenny was in the E and had to slow down and limit his own moveset while Styles was still tearing it up in NJPW, your opinion would instantly reverse and you would talk about how "exposed" Kenny was when coming to the E and that he was never all that good.

Who cares about the WWE, edrone?
I'm not gauging by a company that cripples it's competitors. I'm gauging New Japan. In New Japan, Omega's performances have blown AJ's out of the fucking water.
Stop using compromised metrics.

>>3074700
holy fucking edrone
>>
>>3074696
>>Ambrose
>Those were great and the chemistry they had together was very good
>>Ziggler
>Good match
>>Owens
>Good match

Imagine, for a second...
having taste this shit.
Opinion instantly discarded.
>>
>>3074696
>If Kenny was in the E and had to slow down and limit his own moveset while Styles was still tearing it up in NJPW, your opinion would instantly reverse and you would talk about how "exposed" Kenny was when coming to the E and that he was never all that good.

This is the most moronic, conjectured, hypothetical attempt an an argument I've ever seen.
But still, you're probably even right. If Styles was in a company that allowed him to wrestle, and Kenny was in a sports entertainment company, yes, people would value Styles higher.
That shows nothing other than WWE's abhorrent misuse.
So lets gauge them equal grounds. NJPW Kenny vs NJPW AJ.
Kenny fucking obliterates his whole career in this last year alone.
>>
File: 1501850558888.jpg (35KB, 915x905px) Image search: [Google]
1501850558888.jpg
35KB, 915x905px
>>3074703
Kennys also been there longer you fat Jew and as if omega would even be getting pushed if Styles was still there.
>>
>>3074713
>as if omega would even be getting pushed if Styles was still there.

And that means....literally what?
Though, I'd contend that. Styles was a flop as a draw in New Japan. Kenny clearly isn't.
>>
Kenny has....
>been in three 6+ star matches
>been in a 5.75 star match
>had plentiful singles performances this last year alone that equal or exceed AJ's best over a decade+ of top-flight action
>been in the greatest trilogy in wrestling history
>put in THE two GOAT 24 hour performances (Naito/Goto last year, Okada/Naito this year)

You could make a convincing case for Omega being a top 3 in-ring worker of all time.
You couldn't convince me AJ, in his absolute prime, would even sniff top 5 today.
>>
>>3074717

In Styles defense he wasn't there as long and they didn't really have as much time, he didn't flop, but he did draw less than Kenny has recently.

But anyways, I enjoy both, I don't need to spend time debating their skill or which is better online.

-Tips Fedora and Exits-
>>
>>3074703
>I'm not gauging by a company that cripples it's competitors. I'm gauging New Japan. In New Japan, Omega's performances have blown AJ's out of the fucking water.

We are not even 2 years removed from the majority of NJPW fans calling AJ the single greatest wrestler on this entire planet due to his performances in NJPW + consistent great performances with various, pun unintended, styles of wrestling and various promotions.

The E matters in this case as it seems once someone comes to the E and gets their ability castrated, they suddenly were never all that good to begin with.

Also
>Edrone
More than anything i'm bringing up WWE's shitty philosophy and product impacting the fans view of the quality of performers compared to performers of other promotions
>>
>>3074717
>And that means....literally what?
Kenny would still be doing comedy wrestling and playing with stuffed cats in the Jr. Heavyweight Division.

He wouldn't be as hyped, his matches wouldn't be as hyped and so without as much investment to his character, multiple 6 stars would've never happened.
>>
>>3074732
>We are not even 2 years removed from the majority of NJPW fans calling AJ the single greatest wrestler on this entire planet

And they were over-hyping imbeciles then, too.
2 years ago AJ wasn't touching Okada, Tanahashi or Nakamura.
2 years ago doesn't really matter, anyway. Multiple guys have risen in that span and put on shows that dwarf AJ's best matches.
I'm not saying he was never good, or even isn't good, now. Just that even his best pales to what these guys are doing, now.
>>
>>3074749
Probably? Sadly for you, AJ took the E-Pill and now Kenny's been revealed to be 10x better than he ever was.
>>
Marks/New Japan shills_ give it up! You watch too much anime, more than 3 finishers per match makes a wrestling arsenal look terribly weak. Also, it's just exhausting to watch without a proper story, that's not to say the New Japan guys aren't talented, let alone Omega.

That being said, Styles is superior by a long shot, he can go anywhere in the world and adapt to the style of his opponent.

No matter what you say or believe, WWE will always be the top of the food chain.
>>
>>3074717
>Styles was a flop as a draw in New Japan.

Well that's just plain untrue.

His first match in New Japan main evented the highest-drawing Dontaku of this modern era.

Headlined 2015 Dominion as champ and drew thousands more than all previous events and thousands more than the following year. Only this year's edition outdrew it by a few hundred.

Challenged Tanahashi in the main event of The New Beginning in Osaka and drew a crowd with over 1,000 more attendees than New Beginning's previous best crowd, a record that still stands today.

Defended the IWGP Title against Kota in the main event of Invasion Attack 2015 in front of another record high crowd for that event, with over a thousand more attendees than the previous year's iteration.

>tl;dr: wrong
>>
>>3074774
based kota and tanahashi carrying ajetty
>>
>>3074750
I guess this is an argument that can only be viewed in hindsight.

We'll see in 2-5 years if you'll still sing this same tune or if Kenny was just "overhyped" the same way AJ Styles was almost unanimously the greatest wrestler in the world less than 2 years ago

Considering he's sitting on 4 scale breaks in one single year, i'm more than willing to bet people will be calling the latter.
>>
>>3074782
My tune hasn't changed from 2 years ago, though. I laughed at the notion AJ was the best back then, and it's even more comical, now.
Kenny probably will be viewed as overhyped, though. As is the contrarian nature of smarks.
>>
>>3074794
So who's the best then?
>>
I don't get these "in ring wrestling work only" fans
Like, do you know that most of the wrestlers can do pretty much any wrestling move, right?
It's not a big fucking deal ffs, fucking poo in loos can perform wrestling moves easily and perfectly
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Ez4OVBn2U&t
4:28
Braun could easily do a moonsault
>>
>>3074798
Okada/Omega are 1a and 1b, Omega probably steals it based on the G1, but with his career wrapped up Okada could arguably wind up as GOAT given how young he is.
>>
File: ishii_en.png (282KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
ishii_en.png
282KB, 400x600px
>>3074794
I'm curious to know who you think is the best

I think AJ is better than Kenny but I don't think either is the best in the world

The best is someone consistently great.

Pic related, actual best in the world
>>
>>3074554
Who's having a better year? Kenny no contest.

But when it comes down to overrall skill it has to be AJ. No one wants to admit it, but AJ has been phoning it in since he got to WWE, all he has to do is spam moves and he's over as fuck. Kenny on the other hand, yes has had amazing matches this year, but he has to go 100% all in to have those matches. Imagine if AJ decided to put in effort, he'd be having godly matches.
>>
>>3074814
See >>3074806
If we're talking consistency though Omega has been more consistently great than Ishii this last year. His matches through the G1 attest to that.
>>
AJ's NJPW run is so overrated. His WWE work not even worth mentioning. His peak in TNA is significantly dwarfed by Kenny's current NJPW work.
>>
>>3074554
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1Hw3MZzA3BV
>>
>>3074820
>Imagine if AJ decided to put in effort,

We have seen him put in that effort. You know, when he was in New Japan.
It was okay. Doesn't touch Kenny's stuff.
>>
>>3074554
Kenny. The bullet club leaders have gotten successively much better.
Kenny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Balor
In 2019 Kenny will be betrayed by Jesus Christ who will have an eleven star match with vince mcmahon.
Bible Club f-f-for eternal life
>>
>>3074554
aj obviously since he actually draws dimes in the big leagues
>>
>>3074583
God dammit.

Okay, well, he's finally done with that so maybe AJ can get back on track with his open challenge.
>>
>>3074648
>1. The ones with Ambrose were boring
wtf, their TLC match was fucking great.
>2. MITB match with Cena was boring
Shit finish but the match up to that was hot as fuck.
>3. Vs Ziggler was terrible
Didn't watch because lolziggler, I'll take you're word for it.
>4. Vs Owens at Battleground was terrible
Finish was nonsense and we still don't know what the fuck actually happened but the guys really good work up to that point.
>>
I only started watching NJPW this year, so, somebody tell me straight up, is the crazy pace everybody's going at this year notably different from past years (reading >le meltz would seem to indicate that everybody's been trying to top themselves and each other a lot this year), and if AJ were still there, would he be able to hang in this environment.
>>
>>3074886
Tanahashi admits Styles is the best he's ever wrestled, so yeah, he easily could.
>>
>>3074886
>and if AJ were still there, would he be able to hang in this environment.

He would hang himself out to dry trying to keep up with them, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>3074900
The only guys in New Japan clearly better than Styles are Tanahashi & Ishii
>>
>>3074918
I'm not disagreeing Tanahashi/Ishii are better but Naito is, too. Okada/Omega kill him, as well. Stone dead kill him.
>>
Omega
>>
File: concerned kenta kobashi.png (304KB, 674x788px) Image search: [Google]
concerned kenta kobashi.png
304KB, 674x788px
>>3074554
>left: multiple time champion in the big leagues
>right: some outlaw wrestling geek doing spots in bingo halls and appalachian warehouses

aj styles by a few country miles.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.