[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /asp/ feel about Surfer era sting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

How does /asp/ feel about Surfer era sting?
>>
80s john cena with face paint
>>
CAW tier look.
>>
I always picked the Surfer Sting skin in WCW/nWo Revenge.
>>
>>3074118
GOAT
>>
>>3074125
>one of the most standout looks ever is "CAW"
>>
Pretty fucking based, I've been watching his stuff from 1989 and it made me miss over as fuck whitemeat Western babyfaces.
>>
>>3074153
>and it made me miss over as fuck whitemeat Western babyfaces.

Watch something besides RAW
>>
THE MAN CALLED STING! HE'S A MAN CALLED STING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDf8u0eO1U
>>
>>3074118
WOAT look for him.
>>
I thought Sting was my dad for a while because we had the same haircut.
>>
>>3074168
Wolfpac Sting is far worse
>>
File: wcw-sting-1992.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wcw-sting-1992.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>cartoony high flying 80s babyface
>brooding 90s badass
>aging hybrid Sting perfecting the craft
>first wrestlemania match at 56 & can hang in the ring still

is he the GOAT lads? Sting was never NOT over. His popularity died down in TNA but cmon it's TNA. had 2 matches in WWE yet his merch is still popular
>>
>>3074156
dude please. I'm the farthest thing from a Stamford Wife.
>>
Best Sting.

I love how colorful, happy and funny wrestling was before the nWo started the attitude era.
>>
>>3074186
>the nWo started the attitude era.
ECW started the Attitude Era, pal.
>>
>>3074118
His matches with Vader were GOAT
>>
awful

he's just hulk hogan except bad
>>
>>3074122
00's Sting without face paint and drawing 00s.

You can always tell when someone started watching wrestling iin 2014 to see flips and kicks when they say Hogan and Sting were the Cenas of the 80s. Merely from the fact that they're more familiar with Cena and try to compare others to him in reverse order.
>>
>>3074210
>started watching wrestling iin 2014
Wrestling hasn't made a new fan in over a decade.
>>
>>3074210
What would you say are the differences between Cena and Hogan/Sting? I have my own thoughts but want to hear yours.
>>
>>3074212
I started watching wrestling with Wrestlemania 29, in 2013.
>>
>>3074218
That's pretty fucking pathetic tbqh desu
>>
>>3074216
Well for starters, Sting was a gullible idiot.
>>
>>3074212
I started with takeover Brooklyn I. And I binged whole NXT until that point and after that before WM I was caught up and I went back to Royal Rumble and watched whole main roster.
There wasn't any wrestling on TV in my country when I was a kid in early nineties so I missed the hayday of wrestling.
I watch it as any other form of entertainment, but mainly for physicality. Naito's swing dropkick into the middle is a thing of beauty and I showed it to my dancers and we worked something similar into their upcoming show.
>>
>>3074200
The amount of people who has ever given a fuck about ECW is fewer than you think. They are and always has been a non-issue.

It's agreed that the attitude era was started by
a: the nWo
b: the Montreal screwjob
and c: Austin's 3:16 promo
>>
>>3074220
hes gotta start somewhere you fucking pathetic neckbeard, shit i can smell the basement from here
>>
>>3074232
I never said anyone cared about ECW. The nWo was the catalyst that forced Vince to change, but ECW is what gave Vince the template to start the Attitude Era. Vince screwing Bret was only a by-product of Vince ushering in the Attitude Era, it didn't start the Attitude Era.
>>
>>3074118
one of the very, very few genuinely popular white meat babyfaces that didn't rely on promos.
>>
>>3074245
I completely disagree. And ECW was never a template to anyone.
>>
>>3074242
>hes gotta start somewhere
Which is worse, starting smoking in 1972 or 2013? The only reason people watch wrestli>>3074242
>hes gotta start somewhere
Which is worse, starting smoking in 1972 or 2013? The only reason people watch wrestling is because they got hooked when it was good.
>>
>>3074210
>worked because they're literally the same character in different time periods
>>
>>3074216
First of all, the consensus among thoughtful fans is that the 2nd and 3rd ones are legends and the 1st one is a blight on wrestling. You probably know this.

But let's consider a single aspect, their attitudes to the business. Hogan's spot was similar to Cena's, but they didn't bury everyone else to prop him up because he didn't need it (most of the time). Hogan always tried to have huge moments that people would remember, which can even be seen at WM30; compare that to Cena after 2011, who almost purposely tries to drive away the audience and stops any happenings so he can be in his own little bubble whenever he shows up. Secondly, Sting's version of an antihero babyface later on is the main thing in the whole process that replaced colorful superheroes with badasses. Not to say progress would've been inevitable, but Cena reversing this trend was the last straw that made millions stop watching, as he basically dumbed down the audience and ever since then he's tried to portray it as "this is a kids' show now" rather than "this show makes absolutely 0 sense and dimes now".
>>
>>3074251
Which is worse, starting a few years ago and casually watching, or starting when it was "good" and still watching 20 years later and constantly crying about how the current shit sucks?
>>
>>3074180
>not a Stamford Wife
>missing whitemeat babyfaces

>>3074232
>>3074248
>ECW wasn't the clear blueprint for Attitude

t. guy who doesn't know shit about this subject
>>
>>3074294
The first. Definitely the first.
>>
>>3074310
Shit dude, where are the OVER whitemeat babies in the US? who are they?
>>
File: flippy millennials.gif (2MB, 284x206px) Image search: [Google]
flippy millennials.gif
2MB, 284x206px
>>3074210
>Hogan & Sting didn't use kicks
>>
File: Johnny Wrestling.jpg (71KB, 576x640px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Wrestling.jpg
71KB, 576x640px
>>3074328
>>
>>3074310
It wasn't. ECW didn't inspire anything. It was good to raid for a couple wrestlers but the promotion itself contributed nothing, except maybe a warning example on how not to run a business.
>>
>>3074437
>ECW didn't inspire anything.
Take a shower and GET A CLUE.
>>
>>3074437
>one sole jew at the top in charge of all finances
well you're right, now they just have multiple jews instead
>>
>>3074437
t. /wwe/ babby raised on McMahon revisionist history
>>
>>3074467
Pretty sure even McMahon's vision doesn't shy away from their ECW influence.
>>
>>3074444
>>3074455
>>3074467
>ecw crybabies literally crying because their favorite failed wrestling promotion was insulted
Nice quads and dubs but fuck go out and have sex you stinky nerds. This is embarrassing.
>>
>>3074488
>i have nothing to back up my claims, that makes you cry babbys xD
>>
>>3074495
It's actually the other way around, crybaby. If you're claiming ECW inspired anything, you have to prove it. So go ahead. Prove it.
>>
>>3074118
best pure babyface ever, would have been huge if he was in WWF
>>
>>3074488
>>3074507
You mean besides the WWF going from "family-friendly entertainment" to ECW Lite shortly after ECW "invaded" RAW?
>>
>>3074543
Just ignore him. He's an idiot.
>>
>>3074549
I'm just waiting for him to slip
>>
>actually over as a pure babyface

He could teach plenty
>>
>>3074543
Because ECW was such a unique thing. Wow, I bet nobody had any idea on how to be edgy before they saw the genius of ECW. In your world, apparently WCW and WWF both saw ECW and decided it was money they had to recreate. Give me a break. This is hilarious history revisionism.

>>3074561
Not gonna happen. Come on, what else do you have?
>>
>>3074614
>state of this pouty adolescent
>>
>>3074618
>giving up after getting shut down
Good. Now stay quiet. ECW sucks and did nothing for pro wrestling.

Also I'm convinced I'm older than you.
>>
>>3074631
I'm convinced your birth year starts with 2
>>
>>3074251
Did you have a stroke midway through this post?
>>
>>3074614
>In your world, apparently WCW and WWF both saw ECW and decided it was money they had to recreate
No one said WCW tried tor recreate ECW. They did see a lot of talent that they liked though. Vince needed an answer to the nWo and he knew that he could go where WCW couldn't go. Vince Russo was also a big fan of ECW, even though he claims it was all his genius, bro.
>>
>>3074444
quads confirm ECW the GOAT of GOATs
>>
>>3074118
He sucked dick.

No... literally sucked dick. Harley Race said in his book that Steve used to crash in his hotel room to save money and a few times Harley would wake up in the middle of the night and Steve would be bobbing on his dick, facepaint and all!
>>
>>3074118

His run from about 88-92 was GOAT.

He was putting out better matches than anybody else at the time. His feuds with Vader and the 4H were better than anything the WWF was doing at the time.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.