[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WCW 2000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: WCW-logo-2000.jpg (155KB, 1416x963px) Image search: [Google]
WCW-logo-2000.jpg
155KB, 1416x963px
Was it kino?
>>
>>3074099
I dunno I stopped watching WCW in early 99. Still to this day only have a vague understanding of what happened but apparently they really shit the bed with finishes and title changes
>>
>>3074099
yes, well ahead of it's time. People who don't get the finger poke and shit are literal retards.
>>
if you enjoy watching a company collapse before your very eyes then yes
>>
No it was unwatchable. Only insane people like Wolfcuc will defend it.
>>
It was like WCW returned to its John Herd days only this time their competition was not also as shit as they were in the early 90s. WCW was never a good promotion, it had two years where, finally, a bunch of ex-WWF main eventers came up with something worth a shit (nWo angle) but the company drove that into the ground because they couldn't create anything else and they returned to their Herd-era levels of incompetence. Only the thickest of nostalgia goggles will convince you that WCW was ever good.
>>
>>3074099
I enjoyed late 1999/early 2000 WCW.
>>
>>3074114
>WCW 2000
>fingerpoke

18+
>>
>>3074132
>WCW was never a good promotion
1992 is fucking GOAT tier.
>>
>>3074099
WCW was better than WWE every yeat
>>
>>3074211
WCW was actually never better than WWF, not even for a single day.
>>
>>3074223
Autism
>>
>>3074099
2001 WCW was kino. Blame the AOL/Time Warner merger for killing the company just as it was turning the corner.
>>
>>3074257
Blame WCW for losing 80 million dollars in a year.
>>
gonna go watch this trainwreck kino on my free wwe network trial, thanks again vince

should i watch the ppvs or nitros of 2000 wcw?
>>
File: 1467345026753.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467345026753.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>3074278
The Nitros I'm watching (up to September 2000) is pure trainwreck kino. After the reboot they did it gets gold, although everything Steiner does is legit entertaining.

>World title matches in the middle of the show
>every match is either a glorified squash or is a DQ run-in
>that episode where Sting nearly beat Jarrett for the title only to be pulled under by Vampiro while fans chant bullshit
>that episode where Ric Flair got arrested on David and Stacy Keibler's wedding to bullshit chants and they did the ceremony later on, only for her to be pregnant with someone else's kid, David spends the next Nitro beating everyone up backstage
>Mike Awesome's entire 70's Guy gimmick with the bus he drives to the entrance
>Disco Inferno losing Filthy Animals' tag titles because he challenged Ernest Miller and lost in like 10 seconds and he has a plastic duck too
>cage matches all the time
>>
>>3074278
>gonna go watch this trainwreck kino on my free wwe network trial, thanks again vince
No one can actually sit thru multiple episodes.
>>
>>3074337
I knew that going in but already I've seen the show open with Ernest the cat Miller being interrupted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan asking for a match with Goldberg fucking kek
>>
>>3074099

>2000

Surely you mean 1998?
>>
File: beast.jpg (43KB, 633x474px) Image search: [Google]
beast.jpg
43KB, 633x474px
>>3074099
Judge for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiELVV9uNdg
>>
Based Pope Russo.
>>
I feel bad for WCW, WWF just hit another level in 98-00

people thought the NWO was hot and popular but it was nothing compared to Austin vs Vince
>>
>>3074499
nWo drew same and often times bigger numbers during Austin vs. Vince feud e.g. WCW & WWF traded rating wins throughout 1998 and WCW was still winning quarters hours into first quarter of 1999. Also Superbrawl in Feb 99 (Hogan vs. Flair) did 1.15 buyrate, only 0.06 less than St. Valentines Day Massacre (Autsin vs. McMahon) that same month.

It was more the Austin vs. Taker , Rock vs. Austin, Rock vs. HHH feuds from 1999-2001, that drew off the chart numbers that WCW couldn't compete with.
>>
https://youtu.be/S0LKCKZAWFg
>>
>>3074518
that was fast wolfcuck
>>
>>3074132
You're approaching it all wrong. WCW, 2000 especially, was alot like the old Ed Wood movies. Watching at the time, expecting something good, was a dissapointing and frustrating experience. Looking back, though, it's thoroughly enjoyable as a cluster fuck, unintentional comedy act. Approach it with an appetite for the absurd, and an understanding that you're watching a very drawn out long demonstration of how not to a wrestling outfit, and it becomes extremely watchable.
>>
>>3074573
No one has the time to watch hours upon hours of garbage television just to understand shitty wrestling.
>>
If /asp/ had been around then the contrarians and anti-smarks here would've loved it.
>>
>>3074223

The run WCW had from 1996-1998 with nWo/Sting, Goldberg and the cruiserweights is the best period any company's ever had.
>>
>>3074601
It was Goldberg's loss to Nash/wolfpac that signaled the end. WCW basically admitted they lost the talent war since they couldn't find a talented young rival to break the streak.
>>
>>3074612
Nash/Goldberg being the beginning of the end is such a bullshit IWC narrative.

WCW essentially admitting defeat because a younger rival didn't beat Goldberg? KEK like that would have made a difference.

Like Eric Bischoff said "There had to be a story behind Bill losing, and there had to be something that made the audience believe that Bill was screwed and would get back into the ring to destroy the NWO with a different game plan. I wouldn’t change the controversial finish.”

Ultimately, says Bischoff, the decision to crown Nash as champion gave a whole new purpose to Goldberg.

“This wasn’t a tough decision,” said Bischoff. “We had run out of rope creatively. We couldn’t sustain Bill Goldberg as the babyface champion who was the guy who could never get beat. We had to make him vulnerable, and Scott Hall had to use a cattle prod in order for Kevin Nash to get the win. Bam Bam Bigelow had to get in the ring, and Disco Inferno interfered, so the objective was for there to be some controversy so we could make a change.

“The audience dug Kevin Nash, although he was part of the NWO and we were writing for him as a heel character, and he was not a traditional heel. The crowd reacted with a babyface response when he wins that match. The audience was ready to see the change.”
>>
>>3074638
>The audience was ready to watch a collective of old guys break the streak
lol
>>
Throughout 2000, till close in 01, WCW managed to produce a good number of solid, entertaining Nitro's that focussed on wrestling, character development and storyline. The problem was, and as highlighted by everyone who actually watched at the time, was that it was inconsistent. For every good Nitro, you had one average show, one mediocre and one absolute terrible fail. What made it worse, was that the fail episode usually came when RAW wasn't televised or just before a PPV - made it hard to attract new/return viewers, and those watching weren't keen on paying for a terrible product.
Look towards episodes after Booker T won the Heavyweight Championship, Scott Steiner's rise, Sid Vicious' return (not the actual return episode, as that was terrible), Ric Flair as CEO, and the time after "new owners" had been announced.
But in all honesty, over a year and a half, you'd have maybe 12 good shows, 15 average ones, 12 bad and the rest mediocre... All while WWF posted some of their biggest numbers and highest ratings.
>>
>>3074099
It was fucking awesome and very underrated
>>
>>3074660
Well considering Starrcade 98 drew 3rd best PPV buyrate in WCW history, fans clearly were interested in Nash ending the streak. In addition audience popped when Nash won and TV ratings increased after the streak ended.....

Nash was the 2nd most over guy on WCW TV, and while he was no spring chicken at 39 years old, he had the hip/cool factor.

The audience was clearly ready; Goldberg had became the Yankees, negative Goldberg signs were starting to show up and he got booed at Starrcade.
>>
>>3074638
>>3074690
shut up Wolfcuc
>>
Tony Schiavone was one of the GOAT announcers, I wish he was still around in wrestling.
>>
>>3074690
They would've been better off getting booker T to join NWO and end it with the same finish (with nash helping him). That way the streak isn't wasted as you build up a fresh heel.
>>
WCW2000 is The Room of pro wrestling.
The guy writing thinks it's this great genius work of art, and is oblivious to ho awful it really is, which is the true entertainment value.
>>
>>3074577
do you know where you are?
>>
>>3074751
Not really, no.
>>
Russo is to blame for killing WCW
>>
>>3074099
No that logo is awful
>>
>>3074961
Only morons who nothing about how WCW really went of biz say that. Sorry.
>>
>>3075001
WCW could still be salvaged buy the Judy Bagwell on a pool and David Arquette shit killed it, just like he killed Owen hart
>>
>>3074760
stay here long enough and you'll see
>>
>>3074099
The last 3 months from 1999 were better, but WCW 2000 ranged from very entertaining to almost bearable at times.
>>3075009
>tfw Zombie Roddy Piper posts on /asp/ and still blames Russo for Owen Hart
>>
I really wish I could speak about WCW more, but I only ever watched the first hour of Nitro until RAW came on.

And I still hate that I missed peaked nWo.
>>
>>3075134
>And I still hate that I missed peaked nWo.
Just watch Nitro from May '96 until Starrcade '97
>>
>>3074547
To be fair, that could explain why Vince likes to suck The Rock's cock so much. Vince always prefer Rock over Austin, even before he became a movie star. Remember Rock could retain his WWE contract if it wasn't for Gaytch's politics
>>
>>3074316
All of this, along with other moments.

>the Kwee-Wee
>>
>>3075486
Other moments that got me howling:

>The Filthy Animals and the Boogie Knights feuding over Disco Inferno's Disqo Duck and ending in a ladder match that Konnan and Rey win but Disco and Wright beat them up and take the duck anyway
>the entire Booker vs. Russo world title match, with everyone from Lex Luger to Ric Flair doing a run-in and ending on lolGoldberg
>Goldberg's heel turn
>Russo deciding he wanted to be WCW champion out of nowhere before vacating the belt when he did win it
>women winning the Cruiserweight title
>that time Mike Sanders became GM and reversed a Hardcore title match for Reno because there was a run-in despite no DQ rules
>Jim Duggan becoming a Canadian
>Chuck Palumbo winning the WCW title only for Ernest Miller to restart the match because of Russo antics
>Lance Storm in general (although that was actually legit fun)
>>
>>3074099
Fuck no. It was shit. Basically unwatchable.
>>
>>3075147
I mean, I missed it when it was happening.
>>
WCW was still stacked talent-wise into 2000. They just had always struggled with clear coherent storylines. Even during 96-98 when they were hot, the storylines where always thrown together clusterfucks. A lot of the wrestling was still great though, albeit usually with stupid match finishes.
That logo though.... so bad.
>>
>>3076794
People never say this but I think that logo change is deep down what really killed WCW, it was jsut so damn bad.
>>
>>3077511
I remember being a solid, loyal WCW fan. Sting was my favorite. DDP was a close second. Life was good. Then Goldberg ruined everything and Taker v. Kane pulled me away.

I came back after a while, saw the new logo, and had no idea what was going on.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.