[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he even need Bullet Club anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: GaSOGeE3_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GaSOGeE3_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
Does he even need Bullet Club anymore?
>>
>>3073941
there's potential in kenny or the elite (kenny & bucks) splitting off from bullet club and having cody take the reigns as leader. however, bullet club has not gone stale yet as everyone still wears bullet club merch and loves identifying with it. no use diluting both "brands" by having kenny split off when theres barely any benefit.
tbqh kenny is already playing for cheers in japan despite being in bullet club anyway
>>
Why are there so many posts about this Kenny Umanga fellow?
Watching Japanese wrestling is like eating sushi with no ketchup.
>>
>>3073956
Damn Jethroe you need to to troll harder.
>>
No.
>>
Bullet Club needs him more than he needs them. You take him out of BC and those merch sales tank which is what New Japan does not want.
>>
>>3074067
Bullet Club was a merch juggernaut before he was even a heavyweight
>>
>>3074073
So? They don't have Devitt, AJ or anyone else who's believable as a top guy anymore. Who else would be the leader, Fale? Tama who just went like 4-5 in the G1 and had the weakest match almost every night? They need Kenny to keep that merch train rolling.
>>
>>3074079
Cody makes the most sense but jap crowds don't give a fuck about him.
>>
>>3074079
Styles was a bigger loss than Omega would be and they rebounded from that.
>>
>>3074079
>>3074084
Ahem..
>>
>>3074086
>implying the elite wouldn't keep Marty in the divorce
>>
>>3074086
He's got the look and charisma, but how's his ringwork? I've only watched him once on a WrestleCircus show, and he was only okay. Clearly a class below AJ and Omega, but is Scurll even at Devitt's?
>>
>>3074090
Marty is definitely better than Finn
>>
He doesn't need any of these ham and eggers riding his coattails. Young Bucks should be ecstatic he's keeping them relevant.
>>
>>3074086
I agree with >>3074090
as far as Scurl, he's mostly a look and entrance and a couple of cool spots but I don't see him as being close to the level of the BC leaders before him as far as In-ring. Honestly I didn't like his BoSJ at all but maybe he can improve.

>>3074085
Losing Styles was tough but you have to remember that Kenny was earmarked to be the next BC leader right up until they signed AJ full time. They could conceivably replace him but I just don't see that guy anywhere in Bullet Club right now. Cody and Scurll are the ones people say but both are just average in-ring IMO.
>>
>>3074117
>hat Kenny was earmarked to be the next BC leader right up until they signed AJ full time

Kenny wasn't even fucking in New Japan when Styles joined

You are so full of shit
>>
>>3074152
What the fuck are you talking about dude? Kenny had been doing New Japan matches since 2010 and signed full time in 2014. AJs first match under contract was vs Okada in May 2014.

Here he is saying out of his own mouth that the plan was for Omega to be the next leader until it was clear that AJ was coming in (19:50): https://youtu.be/3flpQOw_3oU
>>
>>3074085
>Styles was a bigger loss than Omega would be
At this point? No way. Kenny, like him or not, has surpassed NJPW AJ as a draw (fact) and overall as a talent imo.
>>
>>3074183
I like Kenny I just feel like he's not as versatile in his matches as an AJ or an Okada. It feels like he wants to do everything at breakneck speed but those two guys are a bit more adept at slowing it down if they need to. IMO
>>
>>3074152
>>
>>3075268
Who cares about your opinion on him as a wrestler? Omega absolutely would be a bigger loss than AJ.
>>
>>3075268
Also, AJ shit the bed against Okada and Nakamura. Where is this meme that he's this incredible wrestler coming from?
>>
>>3073941
What he needs is a fucking haircut, that shit blonde is terrible.
>>
>>3075289
You said overall as a talent my dude, the biggest part of that 'talent' is wrestling ability. Try to keep up with your own posts.
>>
>>3074079
>Who else would be the leader, Fale?
Tama. He's an OG and has shown he's dissatisfied with The Elite, he's also reasonably over with the Jap crowds.
>>
>>3075319
Different anons.
>>
>>3075268
>I like Kenny I just feel like he's not as versatile in his matches as an AJ or an Okada

>Okada
Fair
>AJ
Nah Kenny shits on him.

>>3075319
>You said overall as a talent my dude, the biggest part of that 'talent' is wrestling ability.

And Kenny shits on him.
>>
Nope.

>>3074079
>devitt
>believable top guy

That's a funny way to spell Karl.

>>3074086
lmao, the state of him
>>
>>3075339
>le Cutter-sequence man
>more believable top guy

his run as the leader was a flop, he lost to Okada twice and went 5-5 in the G1 that year.
>>
>>3075369
Once* not twice
>>
>>3075369
Than fucking Devitt? Yes, definitely.
>>
How the fuck is Ibushi not mentioned in this thread?
>>
>>3075323
Top guy needs to be able to bring it in big matches. Did Tama have one memorable match during the G1?
>>
>>3075396
Are you implying Devitt is somehow a bad wrestler? Because that just isn't true.
>>
>>3075406
Because he's not relevant to the conversation.
>>
>>3075408
He's above average, I suppose. I'd place him in the same bracket as Anderson as two guys that can have a good match but aren't consistently impressive whatsoever.
Anderson cut the promos, though. He kept that ship afloat.
>>
File: laughing boomhauer'.png (182KB, 311x300px) Image search: [Google]
laughing boomhauer'.png
182KB, 311x300px
>>3073941
>outlaw "wrestling"

fedora tippers still trying to force their gay little dog shit lmao
>>
>>3075407
He doesn't need to be a top guy, he just needs to keep the Bullet Club brand warm, if the BC splits from The Elite, they will be the ones with the shortest end of the stick.

But as far as your question goes, his bollocks match with Yano was pretty memorable.
>>
Kenny really doesn't need BC, anymore. He's a huge star and a draw in his own right, and it feels a little dissonant he's still running around with these heels on the receiving end of such booming babyface reactions.
I wouldn't even do an Elite/BC split. I'd just have him move away altogether. The BC need Bucks far more than Kenny needs the Bucks. The only question remaining is who becomes the leader.
I noticed during the G1 Elgin is actually really good at playing heel, and I think he's one of the more underrated guys going today. He could benefit from the rub, and he could take it in a grittier, more authoritarian direction. Happier to use brute force and domination to get his way.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.