[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An embarrassment to boxing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: conor-mcgregor-walk.jpg (34KB, 564x421px) Image search: [Google]
conor-mcgregor-walk.jpg
34KB, 564x421px
This guy has no respect for the sport. He thinks he can just walk in and beat somebody who has been training for years and with a few wins under his belt.

If he had done it the right way and start as an amateur and then work his up then maybe people would take him seriously. He literally got a nice payday based on him name and popularity from another sport.
>>
>>3070149
Hi phil
>>
>>3070149
I don't know if he has no respect for the sport, but he clearly didn't have enough. Or at the very least enough respect to Mayweather as a boxer. I don't know what he expected.
>>
But that was what made it fun, that was the gimmick.
He's Pissing off boxing fans so that they'll rally behind Mayweather who'll "put him in his place." meanwhile MMA fans and normies want to see their guy go in and upset boxing's top draw. Beating the guy who "just dances around."
The whole match was just a special attraction built around a video package.
>>
>>3070170
He expected to make a boatload of money and that's exactly what he did.
>>
>>3070149
So he's MMA's version of C.M. Punk.
>>
File: IMG_0502.png (67KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.png
67KB, 500x397px
>>3070149
Worked and seething
>>
File: 1426143083372.jpg (53KB, 485x428px) Image search: [Google]
1426143083372.jpg
53KB, 485x428px
>>3070204
>t-the money m-m-made it ok he did a g-good job!

So that's why he never stopped shit talking a clearly superior fighter, only to bitch and moan about how the fight should not have been stopped inspite of nearly becoming the next Gerald McClellan. Got it.
>>
>>3070255

Gerald was smote by God for subhuman behaviour

According to an article inThe Observer, McClellan participated indog fighting.[11][12]McClellan's trainer and family admitted that McClellan was involved with fighting pitbulls, and on one occasion had used tape to bind the jaws of a Labrador shut before allowing his pet pitbull "Deuce" to kill it.[13]
>>
>>3070310
I don't know what to be more confused about here; that you think pointing out that the G-man was a prick is somehow a talking point in this conversation, or that you're unironically quoting the observer.
>>
File: funny-tard.gif (1024KB, 236x192px) Image search: [Google]
funny-tard.gif
1024KB, 236x192px
Is this the same sport that gave us Mike Tyson and Don King among other dumbasses?
>>
>From the company that brought you CM Punk, another fuckin failior
i know its mostly people who betted money whining their asshole out here coz odds were against mayweather but still its sorta sad for UFC. Apparently MMAs cant into boxing just like trump cant into pleasing liberals
>>
>>3070149
>Walks in to a sport with no experience and challenges the best in the world
>Wins 4 of 9 complete rounds
>Lands more hits than Manny, the second best in the world

He's nothing to be ashamed of
>>
>>3070366
Should fight Manny, then. Even washed up, Manny would destroy McGregor
>>
>>3070149
The guy didn't think he could win, he thought he could make an easy $100 million in a farce fighting the last great boxer who was willing to come out of retirement to fight a man with no professional boxing experience in order to surpass one of the most revered boxing records (49-0) easily. If anything, boxing has no respect for itself
>>
>>3070170
I didn't expect him to last more than one round, he went 9.5. I'm utterly shocked, boxing fan who think this is a win are retarded
>>
>>3070376
Unironically this
>>
>>3070371
is this bait? Manny lost to a fucking Australian
>>
>>3070376

He made $30m, Mayweather made $100m
>>
>>3070411
No, he was guaranteed at least $30 million, after ppv's he will probably make $100 million
>>
>>3070149
What are the odds we get a rematch in the octagon?

I don't think Floyd's stupid enough to pull what Conor did.
>>
>conor mcgregor stepped into a boxing ring for the 1st time professionally and had an okay showing in the first 4 rounds and lasted until the 10th against the greatest boxer ever.
>cuck man phil stepped into the octagon for the 1st time against a """"""""""tin can"""""""""", threw the gayest punch in history and got raped for 2 minutes before tapping.
i think conor can hold his head up high. the cash helps too.
>>
>>3070409
Lost by decision after landing almost double the punches. Shit's rigged.

However, he should be able to KO McGregor before the 12th
>>
>>3070538
Mayweather tried to make a 400k bet on himself winning in 9.5 rounds, he fixed it.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20472005/floyd-mayweather-tried-bet-fight-conor-mcgregor
>>
>>3070170
He saw the Mayweather v Pacqio fight.
Nobody had respect for Mayweather as a boxer after that.
>>
>>3070181
sadly him and his MMA normies got fucked hard in the match
>>
I don't think for a minute the fight was real. I think the fix was in from the beginning. 10th round 2 minutes to go...yeah okay
>>
>>3070551

Fucking incredible, thanks for that
>>
>>3070502

This. McGregor looked great in the ring with Mayweather, even the announcers seemed surprised with how well he did. Phil Brooks looked like a 6 year old was controlling him with an Xbox pad.
>>
>>3070255
lol they both talk shit because they're marketing a fight, do you just not know anything about marketing?
>>
>>3070149
That's literally all he wanted. No one cares about boxing anymore
>>
>>3070751
mark
>>
>>3070833
>great
Let's not kid ourselves. Yeah he did better than expected but Mayweather could have ended it whenever he wanted too.
>>
>>3071001
>this is what moneymarks actually believe
>>
>>3070552
This
>>
>>3070149
Except you're wrong. He went ten whole rounds with the guy and could have kept going if not for the ref calling the fight off. Practically everyone is praising him for doing so well when most people thought it'd be over by the first or second round.
>>
>>3070255
>superior boxer
>>
>>3070382
Respectable, but it's obvious Floyd wanted the TKO. McGregor was completely gassed at 8 and dead on his feet by 9.
>>
>>3071042
>He went ten whole rounds
He made it to the bell in the 10th? I must have watched a different fight.
>>
>>3070149
>people think this was an actual match

I'm not sure what to say, it was obvious this was just for show from the start.
>>
>>3070483
Mayweather's a pussy, it won't happen.
>>
File: 1427747910874.png (311KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
1427747910874.png
311KB, 680x681px
>>3071153
Love it when people dispute sentence structure instead of the rest of the statement because they have no argument.
>>
>>3070149
Stop talking like boxing is some hallowed ground or some shit. This is a sport filled eith illiterates, rapists, wife beaters, etc. No better than the NFL from that perspective. Boxing should be glad that McGregor made people care about it's sport for the first time sonce Tyson. There are no more box office fights left in boxing, and now the sport can fade into oblivion where jt belongs.
>>
>>3071066
You are a fucking embarrassment to this board you piece of shit. Faggots like you are the type who protest with your bullshit nazo flags in charlottesville and kill people as a result. Im going to be honest i dont know much about this site but id heard enough about it to understand nazi fucks like you are tearing this country apart by putting a fucking retard in the white house. I dont care what you say to me in response to this, i just want all of you to know that normal americans see what youre doing here and we're taking fucking note. Enjoy being anonymous while it lasts, because if anyone irl ever found out you were a nazi you would have your ass beat on a regular basis. Bitch.
>>
>>3071230
Where the fuck did this come from?

He was correcting you by saying that Mayweather is a superior BOXER not a better FIGHTER.

Why do you need to make this a race issue?
>>
tfw worked into a shoot
>>
>>3071250
I found this site from a friend in my art history class telling me it is a hangout for nazis i am not a regular here i just wanted to give you a piece of my mind
>>
>>3071269
>false flagging this hard

I see I am being had. 7/10, decent bait.
>>
>>3071176

Exactly, also who the fuck hugs FROM BEHIND in boxing, and not only that at least 3 times a round?

Also alot of shit he's done would've gotten a normal boxer DQ'd pretty damn quickly.
>>
>>3070255
Talking shit is par for the course in high contact individual based sports. Sometimes, when people talk shit, they get hit, or can't back it up.
>>
Why did anybody expect anything out of this?
>>
>>3070149
worked
>>
>>3070552
To be fair to Floyd, he put on a far more exciting match with Conor than Manny
>>
>>3072133
that's because mcgregor is literally incapable of being boring
wwe could learn a thing or two from him, especially with their fucking 3 hour raws
>>
File: conor btfo.webm (3MB, 928x520px) Image search: [Google]
conor btfo.webm
3MB, 928x520px
>>
>>3070149
As if boxing was an actual sport people gave a fuck about.
>>
>>3071153

you got a spelling error to point out as well?

fuck off sjw leftist shit stain.
>>
>>3072220

>still standing
>btfo

got a black dick to suck, cuck faggot?
>>
But at the same time, boxing catered to him. Everyone's talking about how Connor actually did well for a while and shit, but from Floyd's tactics in the fight to Floyd verifying it after the fight, it's obvious that Floyd held back so that the match would be a lot more exciting. It was half kayfabe half shoot from Mayweather's perspective.
>>
File: 1490742883424.png (257KB, 415x592px) Image search: [Google]
1490742883424.png
257KB, 415x592px
This was a much more fun fight than the Pacquiao one and Connor lasted way more that I expected
>>
>>3070217
Not exactly. McGregor went ten rounds and dominated for the majority of a match against one of the greatest of all time in his debut. MMA to Boxing is a much less lateral move than going from pro wrestling to any combat sport.
>>
>>3072796
>dominated
read the post a few posts above yours. Mayweather was holding back and purposefully went with inferior strategies so the fight would look close. Even then he hit more than twice as many punches and when Mayweather was "losing" his punches hit harder as well.
>>
>>3072220
people complained out the finish somewhat but it was 10 seconds of uncontested punches to the face, no use getting brain damage for another 10 seconds of entertainment.
>>
>>3070255
His complaint was that the ref should have let Money knock him out in a theatrical finish.

Based Conor knows how to draw dimes, unlike YOU

Have sex and get a clue
>>
>>3072220
>all those missed punches

Mayweather doesn't have it anymore
>>
>>3070149
Yes, it IS an embarrassment to boxing that the biggest draws are a guy that officially retired 5 years ago and an MMA Potato Nigger
>>
File: ITSYJ.jpg (12KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
ITSYJ.jpg
12KB, 500x305px
>>3072796
>McGregor went ten rounds and dominated for the majority of a match
Do you have to put a badge out when you want to park closer to supermarkets?
>>
>>3071207
You're either worked or you have fat fingers. You do have a point though
>>
>>3071230
Is this pasta?
>>
>>3070149
mcgregor was dominating the fight but got tired, it really exposed boxing as not a true "combat" sport but rather a game of cardio and conditioning similar to cycling or cross country skiing.
>>
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZguniuzALv
>>
>>3070354
I don't think pleasing liberals crosses Trumps mind in any serious context.
>>
>>3071230
I like this new pasta.
>>
>>3074253
>dominating
>>
>>3070219
Kek
>>
>>3070219
Kek
>>
File: 887.gif (1000KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
887.gif
1000KB, 500x256px
>He lasted a whole 10 rounds when they said he wouldn't last 1! He did better than he had any right to!

This is how I know it's your first Mayweather fight and possibly even your first boxing match in general.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.