[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

Why does Daniel Bryan kind of suck at doing gimmicks that isn't himself?

His portrayal of a stereotypical Frenchman that is suppose to be reminiscent of past wrestling gimmicks was absolutely cringe worthy. While the American gimmick was better, he just doesn't feel natural in these roles.

Why is this? Isn't he suppose to be a wrestler?

Also, how come John Cena as Lance Catamaran steals the show half the time?

Season 2 of Southpaw Regional Wrestling is now available on YouTube. I wonder how long before WWE starts adding actual matches to this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQhiw_9CrHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL_gmW8CM8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3eHss1Mc8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ewT7Qg5OE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq16p-I5vhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrqT7XXhKCI
>>
>>3058627
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF SOUTHPAW REGIONAL.

Jeez you can be blind man.
>>
>>3058641
The point is to be a parody of eighties wrestling. Daniel Bryan's performance was unbelievable and absolutely terrible at being corny.
>>
its a fake portrayal of fake fighting jesus christ dude
>>
>>3058627
> I wonder how long before WWE starts adding actual matches to this series.
That would certainly be interesting since this series created an alternative brand that people are recreating on their video games. It would be nice to see Showdown at the Swamp and they could write it off as having the finales be the only match they uncovered.
>>
>>3058644
I skipped the DBry parts t b h. Gallows & Anderson, Cena, and Fandango were the best parts.
>>
>>3058641
>>3058649
Vanilla midget defenders.
>>
>>3058652
How about Clint Bobski?

Jericho nails being a backstage interviewer.
>>
>>3058652
And I skipped the Seth Rollins parts. He and Rhyno were cringe but not as bad as DBry.
>>
How come they are emphasizing that there weren't any lady wrestlers during the eighties? I'm pretty sure that WWE and other wrestling promotions of the time had women's divisions.
>>
>>3058627
Because he's a terrible actor, which also explains why he is so awful on the mic

He's the most overrated wrestler of the past 20 years, kick spam and constantly doing the yes chant ad nausea for cheap pops
>>
>>3058641
>>3058649
The point of Southpaw isn't to do a bad portrayal of 80's wrestling, but a funny "so bad it's good" parody of 80's territories, and DBry's part was only bad.
>>3058664
WWE isn't a south-based promotion but it's more probably a parody based on "muh inequality"
>>
>>3058683
So that was Stephanie's idea?
>>
What does Jim Cornette think of this web series?
>>
Cock goes where?
>>
>>3058683
>>3058678
His American gimmick is a little better than the French one, but it seems like they could have gotten someone else to do these roles.
>>
Is that Michael "Nigger" Hayes?
>>
>doesn't have the balls to make a straight up BRYAN SUCKS thread
>tries to mask it as a Southpaw Thread (oh and btw Bryan sux u guise)
Coward.
Show some spine and own your convictions.
>>
>>3058825
Haters living rent free in your head
>>
>>3058627

It's because Southpaw itself sucks and wrestling fans have absolute cringe taste in comedy.
>>
>>3058852
Kill yourself.
>>
>>3058861

>seething
>>
This wasn't funny the first time it happened. Somehow it's worse this time around.
>>
>>3058869

go to bed, cena. no one likes your cringe comedy.
>>
>>3058898

>madpost
>kill yourself if you don't like what I like

get a clue, ya pinhead
>>
>>3058825
>doesn't have the balls to make a straight up BRYAN SUCKS thread

Bro do you get nervous making threads?
>>
>>3058898
Calm down, Karl.
>>
>>3058627
Because Daniel Bryan is the Jack Nicholson of pro wrestling.
>>
>>3058664
>I'm pretty sure that WWE and other wrestling promotions of the time had women's divisions
If they wanted to really make it realistic, Natalya's character should be a moolah copy who keeps woman locked in cages
>>
>>3058697
WELL
AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT WRESTLING BLOW UP DOLLS OR LITTLE GIRLS
BUT BUT BUT THE ROCK AND ROLL EXPRESS WERE STILL THE BEST TAG TEAM EVER
>>
>>3058627
Southpaw needs to the strap on the GOAT Chadd 2 Badd.
>>
>>3058627
The chant was more over than him he should thank that mma dude every single day for taking it from him
>>
>>3058916
Why was moolah so goddamn based?
>>
>>3058916
>Natalya's character should be a moolah copy who keeps woman locked in cages

What? I don't get the reference.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>3059099
Fabulous Moolah was known to sabotage other women's careers (the most famous being Wendy Richter), prostitute out her wrestling school students and made her trainees sign contracts where they had to give a percentage (I've heard 10% but I've also heard up to 30%) of what they made wrestling to her, even after they were done training at her school. She was also famous for training women to be bad at wrestling so Moolah was still be seen as the GOAT.
>>
>>3058654
Virgin.
>>
unfunny show
>>
>>3058678
I agree, anon. He fucking sucks.
>>
Malibu Al is a good Christian man
>>
>>3058627
He's just not a good actor.
>>
>>3059203
WWE are at least finally starting to distance themselves from Moolah and have stopped promoting her as the GOAT, or so it seems. Using Mae Young's name for the tournament is the first sign of the shift.
>>
>>3058627
Wasn't the point of the French character just that he was a regular nice guy that the commentators would shit on for being foreign? Seemed fine to me
>>
The Vegan Dragon Burger Daniel Bryanson was really over in NJPW and needs to back soon.
>>
>>3059203
No wonder why WWE idolized her for some time since they were notorious for training bad divas.
>>
>>3058660
Same here.
All three made me cringe
>>
This shit isn't funny at all. The concept and the production are funny but the wrestlers blow it.
>>
>>3061664
based mae young burying moolah from beyond the grave
>>
The whole thing is reddit
>>
File: tits.jpg (240KB, 1096x681px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
240KB, 1096x681px
I get that Nattie having great tits is the setup to a joke, but Nattie has great tits

Renee looked cute too, 80's is a good look for her
>>
>>3063548
I haven't been following wrestling for ages but I came on here for some reason and this is the highlight of this board.
>>
>>3058627
He's just not a good actor
>>
File: 1503099514501.webm (1007KB, 452x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503099514501.webm
1007KB, 452x626px
>>3063569
>>
seth rollins was worse he has no character
>>
>>3063862
Yes
>>
>>3063862
Maybe I should get into wrestling again if it's all like this.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.