[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shinsuke Nakamura wasn't a DRAW as IWGP Champion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

> Beat Togi Makabe for the VACANT IWGP Heavyweight Championship in 2009
> 1st Title Defense was against an old, washed up Shinjiro Otani from Zero-1
> 2nd Title Defense was against Tanahashi...you know, the one they were building as the future ACE, after Nakamura
> 3rd Title Defense against Yuji Nagata...a match where Nagata out wrestled him
> 4th Title Defense against Yoshihiro Takayama. A shitty Tokyo Dome Main Event
> 5th Defense against Nakanishi. WTF LMFAO!
> 6th Defense vs Goto. An okay match
> Drops the title to Togi Makabe because Makabe of all people is more of a DRAW than Vanilla Shinsuke

Thank you based "GO ACE" Tanahashi for putting more asses to seats!
>>
>>3057811
Yeah Nakamura's title reign was a fucking mess, poor guy though, not all of it was on him he just took the brunt of New Japan's most turbulent phase. Also Nakamura's current wacky gimmick has only been around for like what, 3-4 years? He was a lot less over then than he would be in the future.
>>
>>3057811
No shit he wasn't a draw, this was pre-King of Strong Style
>>
so what? the only reason jibbles even mentions IWGP title is because its the only one he wont get yelled at for saying out loud cause it doesnt have a rival company in the name

i guarantee you if commentary was allowed they'd be talking about the real accomplishments of wrestlers such as ROH World title and TNA World titles. hell JBL even dropped a beer money reference for roode, do you think he likes not being able to tell people what this guy's won in other companies?
>>
>>3057811
He basically worked only multi and tag matches the last years.
Outside tournaments.
>>
Nakamura never got really popular until he came back from Mexico. Same as Naito.
>>
>>3057811
Yukes era lost their tv slot to even worse time. Doesn't help that mma eventually fucked itself up and that some complained about Nakmuras super rookie push.

He was very over later but never a huge draw.
>>
>>3057811
>old, washed up Shinjiro Otani

Credibility lost. Otani can still go.
>>
Wasn't he a big draw as IC Champ, though?
>>
File: DHwR2IfUAAALCEV.jpg (188KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
DHwR2IfUAAALCEV.jpg
188KB, 1200x801px
Nagata, Nakamura and Tanahashi were all failed aces. Okada and Bushiroad turned the company around, and they have been historic experiencing growth.
>>
Another thing is Nak!ura refused to add bulk. Tana may be smaller but dudes ripped with that protein diet.

Older workers thought Nakamura had that lean shooter junior body. His arms and legs aren't that big, he only bulked up chest wise.
>>
>>3058383
Tanahashi is considered the savior. But Okada is the one the who took Njpw to the record old days sales again.

I remember back when Bushi-Road years ago wanted Okada to lead the promotion. Most people on message boards didn't take me srs Okada was going to be the guy.
>>
File: dsc042422.jpg (343KB, 1600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
dsc042422.jpg
343KB, 1600x1061px
>>3058389
He looked like a proper heavyweight and had good height.

Shut the fuck up, Carter.
>>
File: 1451906147190.jpg (117KB, 1023x915px) Image search: [Google]
1451906147190.jpg
117KB, 1023x915px
>>3057960
>real accomplishments
>TNA World titles
>>
>>3058375
Yes, ironically he drew more holding a midcard title than holding the top title and made the IC belt arguably almost as prestigious as the HW belt.
>>
>>3058401
No he didn't and he himself said he didn't. Your estrogen emotions don't override facts.

But then again, Americans wrestling fans are overly emotional man-children.

Hahahahahahahahhahaha.
>>
>>3058399
>record old days sales again.

'no'
>>
It's hard to draw as a super rookie who has no personality nor character to them besides the fact they're stiff in the ring when they actually feel like trying.

I guess for a comparison it would be like if they put the belt on Jason Jordan right now.
>>
>>3058475
They're making profits that are as good as the late 90s.
>>
Fuck you guys, I loved that reign. That was the reign right after I became a big Nakamura fan.

Even cooler was the G1 right before that, where Nakamura went nearly undefeated until the finals. It was awesome.
>>
Also, for reference, that was when he was growing his King of Strong Style Yeaoh gimmick. It was when he started doing the Boma Ye.
>>
Fuck, I miss Nakamura on New Japan so much.
>>
File: bobsapp2.jpg (45KB, 398x599px) Image search: [Google]
bobsapp2.jpg
45KB, 398x599px
BASED
>>
>>3057811
Post events attendance numbers not this
>>
>>3057960
>real accomplishments of wrestlers such as ROH World title and TNA World titles
Lmfao
>>
File: Shinsuke_2007.jpg (16KB, 237x313px) Image search: [Google]
Shinsuke_2007.jpg
16KB, 237x313px
>>3058389
Yeah his 2007 beefy look was fucken weird to see after he came back from the CMLL excursion
>>
>>3063184
Then he lost some of that. The Brock lesnar body modification diet didn't last long.

Or whatever Toyko sports reported.
>>
>>3057811
No one ever claimed he was.
>>
Tbf lesnar draw less than him in WK.
That year were bad to everyone ,like 95's WWF

>>3058840
First of all, they need a non-shitty national tv slott.
>>
>>3065712
TV isn't a part of New Japan's business model like it is for WWE
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 307x230px
>>3065720
Except Kidani wants a better time slot. Prime time would be nice but the late 90s time slot more likely.
>>
File: image.png (153KB, 424x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153KB, 424x304px
>>3066311
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 650x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 650x446px
>>3066486
American Google sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 240x320px
>>3066500
There's far so more info in Japan. Funny how SSS got most things wrong in the 00s.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 389x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 389x550px
>>3066517
Even Dave metlzer and Ditch get things wrong.
>>
>>3066517
Even Dave metlzer and Ditch get things wrong.
>>
>>3066533
>>3066517
>>3066500
>>3066486
>>3066311
Whenever you post I never understand just what the fuck you are talking about nor why do you post random pictures like this. So, may I ask, just what did you mean by this?
>>
>>3068635
Just care free posting. Message boards are better though. I don't tend to post like that.

It's all Jap related.
>>
https://youtu.be/NmiYAiQQL1I
>>
>>3068686
Yeah you do come across like someone whose main board isn't 4chan, you don't talk like most people weird, it's hard to explain.
>>
File: okada4head.jpg (9KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
okada4head.jpg
9KB, 128x128px
>>3068689
>Kurt Angel

WEW
>>
>>3068719
Sad that pic related kato gimmick killed their relationship. Damn Hogan Regime. *Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata for the IWGP Championship

*Tomko and Giant Bernard vs. The Steiners for the IWGP Tag Team Championship

*Team 3D vs. Toru Yano and Togi Makabe

*Abyss vs. Manabu Nakanishi

*Christopher Daniels vs. Wataru Inoue

*Christian Cage, AJ Styles and Petey Williams vs. Minoru, Prince Devitt.
>>
>>3068696
I've spent my time on 2ch.
>>
>>3068747
They're better off with ROH now desu, I always got the feeling that the TNA guys thought NJPW was beneath them for some reason, so often they looked like they weren't even trying in their cross-promotional matches.
>>
>>3068689
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fcB8AyT10

Nakamura vs Go. Honestly Go belongs in modern Njpw. Pretty boy look and fancy moves.
>>
Ooooo oOOoo oOOoo oo oooo OoOooo OOo OOo oooOOO
>>
>>3068752
Is it just me or do NOAH guys seem like they kinda resent working with NJPW? Not that I watched a lot of cross-promotional stuff between them but I remember watching a match between Go and Nak, at some G1 I think, and thinking Go was being remarkably stiff. Also I was watching Tanahashi vs. Marufuji from last year's G1 and Marufuji just about blatantly refused to sell his damn leg.
>>
>>3068799
Noah workers are proud. Plus it's very much the old Njpw vs Ajpw hate carrying on. I used to read about Njpw/Uwf guys shitting on Ajpw 80s and stuff.

They carried on that feud unlike Muto era Ajpw.

Another thing is Noah was very stiff for a long time and sold moves less. Most people forget Misawa wanted realism in it. Hence the head submissions working in Noah but useless In Ajpw 90s. He was inspired by kickboxing and MMA.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.