[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Of The Ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: kotr.jpg (10KB, 308x200px) Image search: [Google]
kotr.jpg
10KB, 308x200px
With the huge success of the G1 Climax should WWE bring back the KOTR tournament?
Last few tournaments from the WWE were pretty good; Tournament to crown new champ after Rollins got injured; Tournament to decide who faces Rollins at Summerslam for Universal Title.
If they bring it back who should win it?
>>
The last guy to win King of The Ring was released from the company within 12 months.
No thanks.
Also WWE are dog shit at tournaments and rarely do them. Vince doesn't like them and they are far too sports like and "rasslin" for wannabe Walt Disney Vince.
>>
>Win KOTR
>Get a shitty king gimmick that kills all of your momentum
No
>>
"huge success"

they did less attendance all days combined that WWE did in one day...
>>
>>3054302
>a tournament where the storyline is the winner wants to win so he can get a shot at the title
wtf that is so dumb

belts are secondary to the deep relationships between roster members
>>
>>3054311
>immediaetly trying to initiate the console wars shit
Go find somebody else to give you attention
Go outside and speak to people
>>
>>3054306
>hates tournaments
>the biggest period of success the company had was kickstarted by a KOTR tournament
Really makes me think
>>
>>3054308
>win New Japan Cup
>get title shot at the next PPV

>win KOTR
>get title shot and also a King X gimmick that kills your push unless your name is Booker T

Also did the last KOTR winner ever get a title shot? I don't recall Wade ever getting one.
>>
>>3054320
The only time they did that was with Brock, I think.
>>
>>3054312
>deep relationships between roster members
>in a company where wins and losses don't matter so there's never any heat on someone trying to get back a win at someone who beat him before
>in a company where the history between two characters more often than not takes a backseat to whatever the face/heel orientation of the wrestler is at that moment
>>
>>3054302
I hate how Vince is so tournament-phobic. The last KotR was shameful. The only way it can work is if you book the winner like a real threat.
>>
how about a japanese themed tourney call chink of the ring
>>
>>3054323
Didn't Booker T get a title shot right after winning the KOTR or was that shot won through some other means?
>>
>>3054308
I don't recall Stone Cold ever getting a shitty King gimmick? Him winning KOTR was what pretty much launched his main event push wasn't it?
>>
>>3054331
The crown and sceptre shit was something they decided to do in the 2000's. Naturally it bombed pretty much every time.
>>
>>3054325
Ya ding-dong diddly bad at identifying sarcasm?
>>
>>3054397
My memory is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure Bret Fart did the crown and scepter shit.
>>
>>3054404
i think he posed with them the night he won but he didn't come back out with them every night.

the best was the shit they gave sheamus. he looked like an elf king.
>>
>>3054311
That's just a blatant lie, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>3054308
Y'know what'd be cool instead of the gaudy ass king bullshit?

Give them a championship ring. Like, y'know, you get for winning the Super Bowl or the World Series. You can get a professional to make a really cool design? The ring is worth a title shot at a major PPV? They can come to the ring with it and show it off and it doesn't have to be gaudy and comical?

Come on.
>>
>>3054329
It was through other means. He won a battle royal and beat Mysterio for the title.
>>
>>3054302
>With the huge success of the G1 Climax
You smarks really don't leave your insulated hug box bubble do you? What fucking success? It got good meltzer stars. Whoopty shit. It got 0 mainstream attention. No one gave a fuck about it outside of people who are new japan fans.
>>
>>3054316
How is that even relevant?
>>
>>3055471
First day here, huh?
>>
>>3055026
That or a championship belt like what was made for Mabel back in 1995.

Even better, it could work like the Money in the Bank contract, allowing the holder to willingly vacate it in exchange for a title shot.
>>
>>3055484
you say this as if anyone cares about wwe anymore
>>
File: LLWC.jpg (43KB, 768x437px) Image search: [Google]
LLWC.jpg
43KB, 768x437px
>>3055026
AAA has been doing that with its Lucha Libre World Cup and it looks pretty cool.
>>
>>3055484
and you think anyone in the real world gives a shit about WWE? those days are long gone.
>>
>>3055026
>>3055508
With a belt instead of a ring but same concept.
>>
>>3055484
I was asking because you seemed to be triggered by obvious Who Japan trolls. Don't indulge them.
>>
>>3055518
>muh reddit boogeyman
njpw gets bigger and wwe gets smaller everyday its only time e-cuck
>>
File: 1489437661568.jpg (99KB, 716x394px) Image search: [Google]
1489437661568.jpg
99KB, 716x394px
>>3055574
>>
File: IMG_4716.jpg (197KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4716.jpg
197KB, 768x1024px
>>3055584
>>
File: 1488761897362.jpg (510KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488761897362.jpg
510KB, 1280x720px
>>3055588
>>
>>3055584
>I don't know how comparisons work
>>
>>3054311
Because attendance=quality.
>>
>>3055026
I don't think KOTR should be an automatic title shot type situation. They key should be making the KOTR prestigious in and of itself, and the key to that is how you book the guy for the next couple of years after he wins it.
>>
>>3054311
They sold out Ryogoku for 3 nights straight

WWE has never sold it out, ever, not even when they had Lesnar's first match in Japan in over a decade on the card.
>>
>>3057565
attendance=success
>>
>>3057598
Beast in the East wasn't sold out?
>>
>>3057875
>WWE's attendance has bottomed out this year
>New Japan has been setting new attendance records

>>3057888
not even close
>>
>>3057908
Beast in the East did around 8.5k, the Ryogoku holds like 11k (but a wrestling event always holds less than capacity) and the G1 finals did around 10k but the previous two days did 8k.
>>
>>3057595
That's fair. The winner should start getting more opportunities, but it should be an automatic A makes B happen type thing.

Just, y'know. Make it classy, for fuck's sake. Neville manages to do the King thing and still retain a MODICUM of dignity, it's not that hard.
>>
king of the ring should be a qualifier for the royal rumble
>>
>>3054302
If they bring it back with the winner getting a title shot at a big PPV (Summerslam maybe), then yes.
If they're gonna fill it with shitcarders and give the winner a crown then no thanks.
>>
>>3058039
Nah, mate. King of the Ring should be a midcarder showcase if anything else.
>>
>>3058058
yeah it should be the exact thing that made it fail, genius
>>
>>3058058
How about each brand (Raw, SDL, NXT, 205) each submits 4 guys. Nobody who has won a world title before. CW and NXT champ are automatic entrants, as is the previous year's KOTR so they have an opportunity to defend. Maybe the Andre the Giant winner too.
>>
>>3054308
> William Regal
>>
>>3054302
In a way, WWE does have tourney every year, so it's not like Vince hates it that much. Except that the tourney is practically useless. I don't really remember how the early KOTR ended up, but with G1 new storylines are created along the tourney. It should be an opportunity to put 2 unlikely wrestlers in a feud. From there, creatives can add whatever storyline they want whether it's magic shit, love triangle or cuckoldry so that it doesn't felt shoehorned.
>>
>>3058071
It's a meaningless tournament for nothing, main eventers have no reason to want any of it, it's just an opportunity for guys lower in the card to try and get some momentum going.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.